• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:02
CEST 07:02
KST 14:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5969 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 271

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 269 270 271 272 273 665 Next
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 17:45:51
January 17 2013 17:45 GMT
#5401
On January 15 2013 14:22 Judicator wrote:
Who was the person in this thread that had a friend that hoarded Snapcasters at the cost of other cards?

New cards were spoiled, some fun cards and some serious cards. Soul Ransom seems interesting 4 mana control magic with effectively cycling? Seems pretty good.

That was me hahaha.
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 18:40:35
January 17 2013 18:35 GMT
#5402
Sparky is going to win me so many matches I can feel it in me bones.

Alrighty folks, take a look at this BRW reanimator and tell me why it sucks ass. Turn 1 emrakul, while stupid, is a blast when it lands.

+ Show Spoiler +

3 Emrakul
4 Griselbrand
4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Lightning Axe
3 Seething Song
4 Through the Breach

4 Faithless Looting
4 Lingering Souls

4 Liliana of the Veil

2 Arid Mesa
3 Marsh Flats
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
2 Sacred Foundry
2 Godless Shrine

Sideboard would be fuck if I know.

Edit: Yes the white is solely for lingering souls.


I just want to reanimate big things in Modern (yeah yeah, Woo has his green thing going, but I hate green)

:<
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
January 17 2013 18:58 GMT
#5403
On January 18 2013 03:35 Risen wrote:
Sparky is going to win me so many matches I can feel it in me bones.

Alrighty folks, take a look at this BRW reanimator and tell me why it sucks ass. Turn 1 emrakul, while stupid, is a blast when it lands.

+ Show Spoiler +

3 Emrakul
4 Griselbrand
4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Lightning Axe
3 Seething Song
4 Through the Breach

4 Faithless Looting
4 Lingering Souls

4 Liliana of the Veil

2 Arid Mesa
3 Marsh Flats
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
2 Sacred Foundry
2 Godless Shrine

Sideboard would be fuck if I know.

Edit: Yes the white is solely for lingering souls.


I just want to reanimate big things in Modern (yeah yeah, Woo has his green thing going, but I hate green)

:<

TWoo had a different Emrakul list a while ago, it used Polymorph (on a singleton Dryad Arbor and a couple Mutavaults) and Through the Breach along with Rituals etc. Don't know why he switched to green.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
January 17 2013 19:01 GMT
#5404
Does your local do a boost pack prize or re-pool rares for drafts?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
January 17 2013 19:19 GMT
#5405
Booster pack prize.

No one would ever draft at my local again if they did rare redrafting. They're all horrible and rarely win. Cracking those packs is the only way they get anything out of it. Rare redrafting only works in an environment with people who are confident in their abilities to win.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 17 2013 19:22 GMT
#5406
On January 18 2013 03:58 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 03:35 Risen wrote:
Sparky is going to win me so many matches I can feel it in me bones.

Alrighty folks, take a look at this BRW reanimator and tell me why it sucks ass. Turn 1 emrakul, while stupid, is a blast when it lands.

+ Show Spoiler +

3 Emrakul
4 Griselbrand
4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Lightning Axe
3 Seething Song
4 Through the Breach

4 Faithless Looting
4 Lingering Souls

4 Liliana of the Veil

2 Arid Mesa
3 Marsh Flats
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
2 Sacred Foundry
2 Godless Shrine

Sideboard would be fuck if I know.

Edit: Yes the white is solely for lingering souls.


I just want to reanimate big things in Modern (yeah yeah, Woo has his green thing going, but I hate green)

:<

TWoo had a different Emrakul list a while ago, it used Polymorph (on a singleton Dryad Arbor and a couple Mutavaults) and Through the Breach along with Rituals etc. Don't know why he switched to green.


Green is better in general, since its runs an elves engine to generate mana quickly enough to hard cast stuff if needed or just win through kessig or ezuri. Like Risen's list isn't bad, but its too slow unless he gets "good" draws/hands and is vulnerable to disruption and combo. Woo's list makes it so its harder to sideboard against and easier to sideboard with. Basically I think Risen's list is just completely inconsistent.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 17 2013 20:59 GMT
#5407
On January 18 2013 04:22 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 03:58 spinesheath wrote:
On January 18 2013 03:35 Risen wrote:
Sparky is going to win me so many matches I can feel it in me bones.

Alrighty folks, take a look at this BRW reanimator and tell me why it sucks ass. Turn 1 emrakul, while stupid, is a blast when it lands.

+ Show Spoiler +

3 Emrakul
4 Griselbrand
4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Lightning Axe
3 Seething Song
4 Through the Breach

4 Faithless Looting
4 Lingering Souls

4 Liliana of the Veil

2 Arid Mesa
3 Marsh Flats
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
2 Sacred Foundry
2 Godless Shrine

Sideboard would be fuck if I know.

Edit: Yes the white is solely for lingering souls.


I just want to reanimate big things in Modern (yeah yeah, Woo has his green thing going, but I hate green)

:<

TWoo had a different Emrakul list a while ago, it used Polymorph (on a singleton Dryad Arbor and a couple Mutavaults) and Through the Breach along with Rituals etc. Don't know why he switched to green.


Green is better in general, since its runs an elves engine to generate mana quickly enough to hard cast stuff if needed or just win through kessig or ezuri. Like Risen's list isn't bad, but its too slow unless he gets "good" draws/hands and is vulnerable to disruption and combo. Woo's list makes it so its harder to sideboard against and easier to sideboard with. Basically I think Risen's list is just completely inconsistent.


Not to mention, with green you can hardcast emrakul with the Ezuri + 2 devoted druids combo.
Tadatomo
Profile Joined December 2012
84 Posts
January 17 2013 21:16 GMT
#5408
I made a MTGO account as I want to play a bit of magic every once in a while.

I only dabbled in pauper because I don't want to spend anymore money. Pauper seems to be pretty funky. All kinds of crazy decks. But since I have only have standard commons I tried some standard pauper play. It seems very limited to what cards you see here. Isn't there extended pauper? Bit annoying to either have to go up against superold superrare commons or the same current block decks.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 17 2013 22:05 GMT
#5409
On January 18 2013 06:16 Tadatomo wrote:
I made a MTGO account as I want to play a bit of magic every once in a while.

I only dabbled in pauper because I don't want to spend anymore money. Pauper seems to be pretty funky. All kinds of crazy decks. But since I have only have standard commons I tried some standard pauper play. It seems very limited to what cards you see here. Isn't there extended pauper? Bit annoying to either have to go up against superold superrare commons or the same current block decks.

Most of those commons are very cheap, the only expensive ones I can think of off the top of my head are Invigorate, Cloud of Faeries, and Daze.
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 18 2013 02:09 GMT
#5410
my first, first place. and in an 8-4!

http://i.imgur.com/9PjvU.jpg

man, i went flawless until the finals where i dropped the second game as izzet. i got passed 2 hypersonic dragons, and they did the work along with teleportal with cancel/dispel/izzet charm behind it.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 18 2013 02:31 GMT
#5411
pauper white weenie wasn't too expensive to build last I looked, and is typically decent if you keep it up to date to adjust for metagame shifts
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 18 2013 02:43 GMT
#5412
WW in pauper seems pretty good, War Falcon really gave that deck some teeth.
Get it by your hands...
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 18 2013 04:38 GMT
#5413
does anyone actually play these phantom drafts?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 05:43:51
January 18 2013 04:59 GMT
#5414
On January 18 2013 11:43 Judicator wrote:
WW in pauper seems pretty good, War Falcon really gave that deck some teeth.


Again, War Falcon is actually not great. I did test him shortly after M13 (but didn't test Attended Knight) and 90% of the time he ate a Piracy Charm or similar spell that would be dead against a Skyhunter or Loyal Cathar. The only 1 toughness creatures I run are Squadron Hawks and Javaliners (and Order of Leitbur in the sideboard).

The fact that Electrickery now exists is even more reason not to run him.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 18 2013 05:34 GMT
#5415
Have you guys seen those Enduring Ideal lists for Modern? Those things are freaking sweet! It's too fragile to be good, unfortunately, and the early game is sooooo shaky it's barely fun but, yeah, sweet.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
insourcecertainty
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States142 Posts
January 18 2013 05:53 GMT
#5416
I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this day9 did an interview with tcgplayer.com about magic. though you guys would enjoy it

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=10966
floi
Profile Joined July 2010
203 Posts
January 18 2013 10:17 GMT
#5417
On January 18 2013 07:05 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 06:16 Tadatomo wrote:
I made a MTGO account as I want to play a bit of magic every once in a while.

I only dabbled in pauper because I don't want to spend anymore money. Pauper seems to be pretty funky. All kinds of crazy decks. But since I have only have standard commons I tried some standard pauper play. It seems very limited to what cards you see here. Isn't there extended pauper? Bit annoying to either have to go up against superold superrare commons or the same current block decks.

Most of those commons are very cheap, the only expensive ones I can think of off the top of my head are Invigorate, Cloud of Faeries, and Daze.


serrated arrows and gorilla shaman are other pretty expensive staples..
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
January 18 2013 10:57 GMT
#5418
On January 18 2013 06:16 Tadatomo wrote:
I made a MTGO account as I want to play a bit of magic every once in a while.

I only dabbled in pauper because I don't want to spend anymore money. Pauper seems to be pretty funky. All kinds of crazy decks. But since I have only have standard commons I tried some standard pauper play. It seems very limited to what cards you see here. Isn't there extended pauper? Bit annoying to either have to go up against superold superrare commons or the same current block decks.
I don't play pauper, but if you want to check out some lists for any format, I would start here: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Digital/MagicOnline.aspx?x=mtg/digital/magiconline/whatshappening

Scroll to the bottom right of the screen and you can see decklists that do well on MTGO. Maybe one of the pauper decks there will give you some inspiration. (The format of the pauper dailies isn't standard though.)
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 18 2013 15:39 GMT
#5419
On January 18 2013 19:17 floi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 07:05 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 18 2013 06:16 Tadatomo wrote:
I made a MTGO account as I want to play a bit of magic every once in a while.

I only dabbled in pauper because I don't want to spend anymore money. Pauper seems to be pretty funky. All kinds of crazy decks. But since I have only have standard commons I tried some standard pauper play. It seems very limited to what cards you see here. Isn't there extended pauper? Bit annoying to either have to go up against superold superrare commons or the same current block decks.

Most of those commons are very cheap, the only expensive ones I can think of off the top of my head are Invigorate, Cloud of Faeries, and Daze.


serrated arrows and gorilla shaman are other pretty expensive staples..


Serrated Arrows is like 2 and no deck plays more than 2. Gorilla Shaman is in the sideboard of like 2 decks and I have no idea the current price.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
January 18 2013 16:51 GMT
#5420
On January 18 2013 14:53 insourcecertainty wrote:
I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this day9 did an interview with tcgplayer.com about magic. though you guys would enjoy it

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=10966

Pretty solid interview, hit a lot of topics I felt were common knowledge but still worth reiterating
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 269 270 271 272 273 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2553
GuemChi 740
Leta 174
Snow 96
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 43
Bale 36
Noble 14
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto18
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox408
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7246
WinterStarcraft379
C9.Mang0271
Sick126
ViBE86
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1201
• Stunt417
Other Games
• Shiphtur480
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
10h 58m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.