• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9538 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 124

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 665 Next
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
January 15 2012 22:56 GMT
#2461
On January 16 2012 05:28 UberDrive wrote:
They're streaming Grand Prix Orlando:
http://www.ggslive.com/


Thanks ! Go team CF ^^
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 16 2012 01:22 GMT
#2462
wow Life's Finale in the GF of a premiere level event
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 16 2012 05:27 GMT
#2463
On January 16 2012 10:22 MCMcEmcee wrote:
wow Life's Finale in the GF of a premiere level event


Pretty backbreaking against control decks if it resolves.
Get it by your hands...
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 06:35:40
January 16 2012 06:32 GMT
#2464
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


--------

flayer of the hatebound
5R
Creature Devil
Undying. Whenever [card] or another creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, that creature deals dmg equal to its power to target creture or player.
4/2


------------

"In contrast, Humans were alwo going to matter in Dark Ascension, but more because others are abusing them. You're going to want to draft Humans, but often just to feed them to your monsters."

... Hahahahahahaha. ..

Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 16 2012 07:03 GMT
#2465
For anyone in the Cleveland area, There's a store called Empire Game Center(the one I frequent) that is running a free entry standard tournament this coming saturday.

There's going to be like 40ish places reserved for those who have top 8'd at FNMs this past month but there's also another 60ish places open at a first come first serve basis as he only has seating for 101.

Now the 1st prize for this tournament is a case of Dark Ascension mailed to you at the time of the release. a week or so later. If any of you know of this and plan on coming please shoot me a pm and we'll meet up as I've already guaranteed myself a spot.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 16 2012 08:44 GMT
#2466
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 08:47:17
January 16 2012 08:47 GMT
#2467
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.

Well in general it seems that there's a bunch of human archtype hate now T.~''
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 16 2012 08:52 GMT
#2468
On January 16 2012 17:47 zhurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.

Well in general it seems that there's a bunch of human archtype hate now T.~''


Two 3BBB cost sorcery speed cards that "hate" on humans have been previewed. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
January 16 2012 15:46 GMT
#2469
On January 16 2012 17:47 zhurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.

Well in general it seems that there's a bunch of human archtype hate now T.~''


its not really hate. if control resolves any 6 drop against you its always a similar dire situation for you. this guy actually lets you deal damage to the other player before your guys die. and he doesnt lifelink. and he doesnt have any immediate effect on the board other than anthem+undying but what control deck has other creatures. and he costs 3 black mana which is huge and pretty much makes him unplayable in any current archetype.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 16 2012 18:38 GMT
#2470
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.


It goes in Melira pod for sure, It means the deck has more outs and is more resilent than it once was. Yay for making stupid archtypes more stupid!
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 16 2012 21:26 GMT
#2471
How do you guys think a Turbofog deck would work? You have access to fog, blunt the assault and moonmist, and with Jace and the new mill fireball and access to snapcaster to buy back fog effects.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 16 2012 21:34 GMT
#2472
On January 16 2012 17:52 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 17:47 zhurai wrote:
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.

Well in general it seems that there's a bunch of human archtype hate now T.~''


Two 3BBB cost sorcery speed cards that "hate" on humans have been previewed. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.


Isn't the PTQ format going to be Block Constructed at some point? It might see play as a sideboard card against midrange U/W or G/W or even B/W humans. That or Death's Hold, right?
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
January 16 2012 22:13 GMT
#2473
[image loading]

Looks like we got a cycle of enemy-colored utility lands to match the ally-colored ones we got in Innistrad. I like.
Writer
huameng
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1133 Posts
January 16 2012 22:25 GMT
#2474
On January 17 2012 06:34 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 17:52 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On January 16 2012 17:47 zhurai wrote:
On January 16 2012 17:44 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On January 16 2012 15:32 zhurai wrote:
mikaeus, the Unhallowed
3BBB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Cleric
Intimidate
Whenever a Human deals damage to you, destroy it
Other non-human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Undying
5/5


FFS more human deck hate? -_- so with this sideboarded 3-4 of's would human decks just like... die?

as I think this goes through protection from black...right? (or am I misunderstanding this) o___o;;

guess I should sell my G/W humans deck --


costs triple black, dies to dismember, gets vapor snag'd, etc. I don't think you need to worry about this guy in Standard that much.

That said, saccing Reveillark to Birthing Pod, recurring Viscera Seer and Murderous Redcap, then getting Mikaeus the Unhallowed sounds pretty hot in Modern.

Well in general it seems that there's a bunch of human archtype hate now T.~''


Two 3BBB cost sorcery speed cards that "hate" on humans have been previewed. I seriously wouldn't worry about it.


Isn't the PTQ format going to be Block Constructed at some point? It might see play as a sideboard card against midrange U/W or G/W or even B/W humans. That or Death's Hold, right?


I'm 99% sure that PTQ formats are Modern, Standard, and Sealed -- never block. But I play block online, and Mikaeus probably won't see play in that although I guess it's possible. 6 mana is just so much for a card that you give them a chance to remove AND lets them get one more hit in before the creatures are destroyed. You can't stabilize at a really low life total with Mikaeus, unfortunately.

Curse of Death's Hold is already wrecking aggro decks, and it will probably be doing so for its whole time in Standard, much less block ;p
skating
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 17 2012 00:06 GMT
#2475
Right, I think I was wrong. It's Modern for this season. So..yeah, no play for Mikaeus the Zombie.

Vault is quite good.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 17 2012 00:49 GMT
#2476
It'll see play in Block, but not for it's Human hate, the other triggered ability would be why. I can see some Junk deck with mill enablers using that.

Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 17 2012 01:27 GMT
#2477
On January 17 2012 07:13 scintilliaSD wrote:
[image loading]

Looks like we got a cycle of enemy-colored utility lands to match the ally-colored ones we got in Innistrad. I like.


What the motherfuck....B/W tokens deck inc NAO.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
January 17 2012 02:26 GMT
#2478
I just got back into this a couple days ago. Playing sealed is so much fun, and helps build up my innistrad collection.

Still don't know what i'm going to run in Standard, i'm leaning towards RUB control
I drop suckas like Plinko
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 17 2012 03:04 GMT
#2479
On January 17 2012 11:26 Gann1 wrote:
I just got back into this a couple days ago. Playing sealed is so much fun, and helps build up my innistrad collection.

Still don't know what i'm going to run in Standard, i'm leaning towards RUB control



Then look up Patrick Chapin's deck from GP Orlando, it was Grixis (UBR is known as Grixis) and came in 2nd place behind Glissa ramp (a Conley deck obv.)

Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 17 2012 03:20 GMT
#2480
I've always wanted to try Magic the Gathering (like... for more than a decade now). I don't want to invest too much money and I'm also not keen on trading back and forth. I don't think I will have a lot of time pre-reading stuff in advance, I'm more of a learning by experience guy when it comes to my hobby games anyway.

I just want a deck (which I might expand later to having more) that I can have fun with. Don't need to always win or have very good chances or (for it to) be (a) popular (deck) or whatever.

I wouldn't mind playing the common-card-only versions - whatever they are practically called - or try to find/alter a deck that doesn't have a zillion of more expensive/flashy/zomgwtfbbq cards.

I play what I play for fun, and while I do try to win, that's not my goal ever.

Is there a chance for fulfilling most of the above criteria and also finding enough people, so I don't play the same people over and over and over again?

Thanks + peace.
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech138
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 87
MindelVK 22
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2149
Bisu 1129
Soulkey 874
Dewaltoss 121
Shinee 55
Trap 27
Bale 25
NaDa 22
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 10
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins419
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m4445
pashabiceps948
Fnx 671
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3320
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1681
FrodaN817
B2W.Neo269
Livibee184
C9.Mang0136
TKL 84
QueenE83
RotterdaM61
Mew2King31
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 10
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2622
• TFBlade882
Other Games
• Shiphtur1314
• imaqtpie665
• WagamamaTV385
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Patches Events
21h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.