• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:51
CEST 07:51
KST 14:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9618 users

Streamed Chess - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
January 20 2010 13:00 GMT
#81
I am super glad i found this thread. I have recently been looking to get back into chess. When i played before i went to nationals 4 times and almost reached 2000 rating. This seems like it will be really awesome. I got 20th in blitz at nationals in Kansas City many years ago and enjoy blitz thoroughly.

Anyways what is the link to the live stream? or where do we go to access it.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 20 2010 13:20 GMT
#82
he said he would start streaming thrusday, i guess he will update OP with link by then
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
January 20 2010 13:34 GMT
#83
right but his most recent post made it seem like he will stream today maybe? i just got really excited
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 20 2010 14:03 GMT
#84
I'm trying to get Procaster to work right now. Stay tuned.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
January 20 2010 14:14 GMT
#85
sweet i cant wait. It has seemed so far that you avoided giving out any information about your live chess games/rating. Just curious where your from at least, or what level you would be considered live.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 14:49:27
January 20 2010 14:35 GMT
#86
Anyway.

It seems to work. Haven't tried with sound yet. And I need to fuss about with resolution.
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
January 20 2010 15:32 GMT
#87
Ok i want to see u stream some chess gaming, since im pretty good at chess, see if u got some skills.
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
goldrush
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada709 Posts
January 20 2010 15:46 GMT
#88
I just came back from a tournament (rp: around 2000, not that great but a good confidence boost), so I'd be very interested inw atching this and improving my game. Put me down as another person on EST time.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 20 2010 15:54 GMT
#89
Broadcasting Dasher on my resolution seems smooth with 640*480 resolution as output.

Runs around 300 kbit/sec tops with 200 being average. I don't know how voice is gonna work out because I cannot get it to play music from applications so I guess the most I'm gonna have is from microphone. I hoped it would be a little different because when I'm streaming at night I would rather not be too loud.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 17:35:15
January 20 2010 17:17 GMT
#90
Okay stream is LiquidBela.

Without sound it's smooth and 640*480 is just perfect for my board size. I'll run the first stream with some voice test sometimes between 8-12 CET / 2-6 EST. No promises here, I will post here a little before starting.

I also want to try it with a couple games to see that option in Procaster for myself.

I will most likely update the original post and bump here. I may even get added to the stream list by then, so check those forums in case my thread gets moved.

Edit: From midnight there's a scheduled simultan. I know it's not as flashy as going up against a titled player 1-on-1, but it would give time to explain thoughts. I would also give a simul, but to be perfectly honest I would probably not be able to comment much around the start until a few games are over so it might get boring for you.
Pyrthas
Profile Joined March 2007
United States3196 Posts
January 20 2010 20:11 GMT
#91
Looking forward to the stream!
win8282
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)454 Posts
January 20 2010 21:23 GMT
#92
Very excited for this. I'm a chess noobie (like 1300 in yahoo chess at my peak lol).

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend me a youtube vid maker for chess tutorials? is jrobichess good for learning opening theory and such?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
January 20 2010 21:56 GMT
#93
this is really awesome. please keep doing this and look into adding an on-demand section :D
Official Entusman #21
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
January 20 2010 23:02 GMT
#94
I'm off now, but really enjoyed what I saw of the stream Please keep doing it hehe
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 21 2010 00:04 GMT
#95
stream just died for me and i'll be going to sleep, this was very nice and you were very kind and patient with all my noob questions, hoping to log on next day

thanks again!
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 21 2010 12:20 GMT
#96
infinity21 wrote:
this is really awesome. please keep doing this and look into adding an on-demand section :D


As of now I'm gonna put the first stream right into auto-play and on-demand as well. Later the full streams will only be on on-demand and if I ever keep auto-play it will contain some cut-offs, like single games or whole simultans, etc.

Phrogs! wrote:
I'm off now, but really enjoyed what I saw of the stream Please keep doing it hehe


Thanks, that's the plan.

St3MoR wrote:
stream just died for me and i'll be going to sleep, this was very nice and you were very kind and patient with all my noob questions, hoping to log on next day

thanks again!


Haha. You're welcome, it was no hassle at all - that's what I made the stream for after all.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 21 2010 12:21 GMT
#97
Well, the first stream happened last day with about four hours of chess and a little more than an hour of me ranting about random things.

Thank you for everyone who tuned in - I was actually quite surprised. I thought there would be like 5-6 people, 8 at tops, but after revealing the start date there were 9 people on chat waiting. We had around 14-16 people staying all length, and at the peak it was 24 - which was more than twice of what I could have hoped for.

I hope you all enjoyed it. I am going to keep the original post updated with schedules - since out of schedule it won't always be chess. I'll try to keep you informed about what you can expect when I'm on. (Btw the OP is getting updated right at the time I'm posting this.)

In the previous message I talked about the on-demand and auto-play plans.

There was a minor misunderstanding I didn't realize in the first two games. The rating system on ICC is different for 15-minute and 5-minute games. Like SC 2v2 and 1v1 ratings being different on ICCup. Since it was my first 15-minute games my rating started off from the provisional 1500 value.

I usually addressed the questions from chat without stating doing so, which is fine live - but maybe it'll be a little weird from on demand as Procaster's chat window doesn't show on stream even if I pull it into the broadcast bracket, so you might not have a clue about why I switched subjects at certain points of the cast. If it becomes a nuisance I'll try to take care about it in the future.
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 21:26:05
January 21 2010 21:25 GMT
#98
I was in class for the start, but I caught the last few hours and I enjoyed what I saw.

I'm surprised that those viewer numbers were higher than you anticipated. If you posted this on a few chess forums or advertised on FICS and ICC, you could get hundreds of viewers, couldn't you?
CorpulentBanana
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
169 Posts
January 21 2010 21:34 GMT
#99
Go Shirov! He is one of my favorite players besides Tal. Nakamura is good, but a little high strung and pretentious (I know him personally).
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 21:41:29
January 21 2010 21:37 GMT
#100
Well I'm not really out for big viewer numbers. To be honest I wanted to do this exclusively for TL. Maybe I'm growing old and sentimental or something.

I think there was only one guy outside of TL and there was someone who knew me both from ICC and TL.

But yes I'm mainly doing this for fun. At first I just wanted to share my monitor view on skype with a friend, but then I thought I might as well ask here since I heard you played consul(t)ation games and since I've been lurking around for about two years now.

Edit: Yeah Shirov is pretty sharp and solid when he's on. And even when he's not he tends to score just fine. I think one of the pivotal moments might be what Kram thinks before his match with him (Shirov), if Kram wants to win at that time he will give him a good run for his money I think, but if he thinks 2nd-3rd is the best he can get he won't pressure that much, maybe. Though I think Vlad is testing the waters with his refound approach.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 310
Mind 67
Bale 34
sorry 31
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 724
Other Games
summit1g7496
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft639
C9.Mang0297
Sick123
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2148
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur607
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.