• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:24
CEST 22:24
KST 05:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7983 users

Streamed Chess

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-23 18:38:36
December 23 2009 18:33 GMT
#1
I might need to take a month or two off. What shall my name be upon return?

Poll: New login name?

Liquid-Squirrel - Owning chess, for TL. (53)
 
79%

Schmooples - Leliana's #1 party pig. (7)
 
10%

Brutalisk - No comment. (5)
 
7%

Sarevok - Keep it as it is. (2)
 
3%

67 total votes

Your vote: New login name?

(Vote): Sarevok - Keep it as it is.
(Vote): Schmooples - Leliana's #1 party pig.
(Vote): Liquid-Squirrel - Owning chess, for TL.
(Vote): Brutalisk - No comment.



New Poll. + =

Poll: Am I an asshole?

Yes. (52)
 
59%

Maybe? (20)
 
23%

No. (16)
 
18%

88 total votes

Your vote: Am I an asshole?

(Vote): Yes.
(Vote): No.
(Vote): Maybe?



Stream
(Or up on the right under non-featured streams list.)

SCHEDULE
Chess spattered at random times.

I will try showing some random games as well like Mass Effect when I play. Can't promise it will be quality enough.

[image loading]

Poll: What would you like to see aside from chess?
(Vote): WoW with a friend/family mebers/out of boredom.
(Vote): Random SC commentaries from reps.
(Vote): Snes games. (Seiken Densetsu 3, Breath of Fire 2, something else I never finished, etc etc.)
(Vote): Random music, like a web-radio.
(Vote): Some PC games.
(Vote): Other similar. Or not.
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
December 23 2009 19:13 GMT
#2
I like the idea. I've learned a lot from watching Kingscrusher's 5 minute blitz games on you-tube. You can learn a lot from listening to the thought process of good players, this definitely sounds cool.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
December 23 2009 19:27 GMT
#3
whats your rating?
ForTheSwarm
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States556 Posts
December 23 2009 19:40 GMT
#4
This sounds really cool. Please talk and discuss on the stream too!
Whenever I see a dropship, my asshole tingles, because it knows whats coming... - TheAntZ
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 24 2009 00:01 GMT
#5
mdb wrote:
whats your rating?


On ICC I mostly play 5-minute. Right now I'm over 2500 if it says anything to you. In real life you will probably never know.

If you want me to relate to other better known players and their 5-minute rating I can look them up, but it doesn't mean much. Maybe a game example could do the trick better.

Note: On ICC those are random pairings, and they have a separate rating from blitz or standard. There's an entire category called 5-minute, and 15-minute because you can't censor or block players, you get paired up randomly.

ForTheSwarm wrote:
This sounds really cool. Please talk and discuss on the stream too!


It will all depend on the speed. Right now I could test it but my upload speed is capped around 8 kbyte/sec, which would rule out sound for sure. I'm getting cable, but it's christmas time.

Also on ICC there's fancy things with examine board function. Showing arrows, marking squares, make pieces disappear etc.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 24 2009 00:17 GMT
#6
8 kbs? What? Are you streaming from dialup or something?
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 24 2009 00:36 GMT
#7
Pokebunny wrote:
8 kbs? What? Are you streaming from dialup or something?


ADSL. Could double the 8 but then it would give me 5 seconds of lag. 8 kbyte is around the limit where my opponents wouldn't start flaming me for having too much lag in a 5 minute game.

Gonna change soon.
goldrush
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada709 Posts
December 24 2009 18:26 GMT
#8
It`d be cool if you could play some of the other TL members like jfazz or lightman if they`re up for it (or me, I suppose, but I`d probably get rolled).
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 25 2009 03:04 GMT
#9
Damn, 2500+? Are you an IM or something?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
December 25 2009 03:10 GMT
#10
I don't know much about competitive chess playing, but I will definitely take a look at your stream if it is on.
jeddus
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States832 Posts
December 25 2009 03:56 GMT
#11
I would enjoy it.
sex appeal
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
December 25 2009 04:03 GMT
#12
when in january do you expect to start?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 04:27:05
December 25 2009 04:26 GMT
#13
On December 25 2009 12:04 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Damn, 2500+? Are you an IM or something?

2500 can be very very impressive or just really good. ELO isn't immune to inflating and deflating scores but either way 2500+ is in the more capable area of players either way he should be great.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
December 25 2009 04:31 GMT
#14
It'd be awesome if you could commentate and elaborate on your thought process a bit. Really looking forward to this.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
December 25 2009 05:50 GMT
#15
On December 25 2009 13:26 Virtue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 12:04 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Damn, 2500+? Are you an IM or something?

2500 can be very very impressive or just really good. ELO isn't immune to inflating and deflating scores but either way 2500+ is in the more capable area of players either way he should be great.


well over 2500 on icc is quite quite good, and usually puts you on the best list. I'd be curious as to your ID there because I'm sure I've seen it if you're that high in the 5 minute pool.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 25 2009 07:12 GMT
#16
Sounds great, as a novice player I'd appreciate it if it'd be easy to understand for both laymen and professionals alike, but hey, beggars can't be choosers
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 25 2009 09:07 GMT
#17
On December 25 2009 13:26 Virtue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 12:04 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Damn, 2500+? Are you an IM or something?

2500 can be very very impressive or just really good. ELO isn't immune to inflating and deflating scores but either way 2500+ is in the more capable area of players either way he should be great.

2500+ on ICC is like A+ rank on iccup, it's pretty much all masters, GMs and IMs at that level. ICC rating is harder than USCF and FIDE honestly.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
December 25 2009 10:09 GMT
#18
Yeah, thats higher than me on ICC!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
December 25 2009 10:22 GMT
#19
I would certainly watch if you do this
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 27 2009 01:09 GMT
#20
Mammoth post on the horizon.
I don't look for a little more than a day all of a sudden ten new posts.

goldrush wrote:
It`d be cool if you could play some of the other TL members like jfazz or lightman if they`re up for it (or me, I suppose, but I`d probably get rolled).


Actually I think I could give a simultan to interested parties as an itro. You can have a trial at ICC, so you could participate for free.

Bill Murray wrote:
when in january do you expect to start?


Either in the following three days or as soon as my new provider starts working in january.

Orome wrote:
It'd be awesome if you could commentate and elaborate on your thought process a bit. Really looking forward to this.


We'll see how it pans out. I don't have a mic at the moment, and I was planning to stream the music I listen to while playing. But with the examine board option I can show a few tricks post-game. Also you could ask questions on stream chat which I could either answer or show right on board.

I'm not much into teaching opening theory. I could do that, but I think you can fill the ocean with such books and teachers and papers and articles. I'm more into teaching thought processes, and longer term plan making.

But to be honest most of the time I just rant about misconceptions and random crap. You'll see soon enough.

On December 25 2009 14:50 Divinek wrote:
well over 2500 on icc is quite quite good, and usually puts you on the best list. I'd be curious as to your ID there because I'm sure I've seen it if you're that high in the 5 minute pool.


Sarevok. I just changed IDs a few weeks ago. I turned over 2600 last night, but it was more luck than skills this time actually. The best list can be misleading because you can ask for not being listed there. You can use the rank command, but it only shows people a few places around you. And of course both are of active players only. When Hikaru, Radjabov, Gata, Loeky, Carlsen etc play you tend to find yourself much lower all of a sudden.

On December 25 2009 16:12 writer22816 wrote:
Sounds great, as a novice player I'd appreciate it if it'd be easy to understand for both laymen and professionals alike, but hey, beggars can't be choosers


We'll see. But since there are some people who actually seem to like my play I think it could be fun if nothing else.

On December 25 2009 18:07 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
2500+ on ICC is like A+ rank on iccup, it's pretty much all masters, GMs and IMs at that level. ICC rating is harder than USCF and FIDE honestly.


If not harder, but it's different. There are grandmasters chilling at 1800 and there's untitled players going over 2500. PhilHellmuth is a nice example. And of course there are smurfs like LoveNicePeople.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 96
ZombieGrub66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15061
Calm 2755
Mini 236
Mind 73
910 67
soO 38
Dota 2
Gorgc6724
monkeys_forever87
canceldota72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3689
Other Games
summit1g1905
fl0m1624
olofmeister908
FrodaN712
Liquid`Hasu340
C9.Mang0193
Livibee190
IndyStarCraft 146
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 13
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2835
• WagamamaTV365
Other Games
• imaqtpie959
• Shiphtur640
• Scarra572
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 36m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.