• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:44
CEST 21:44
KST 04:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8579 users

COEX matches FAQ. - Page 2

Forum Index > Featured Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51693 Posts
January 18 2008 01:41 GMT
#21
On January 18 2008 10:24 thoraxe wrote:
Holy crap, even the finals tickets were free? DAAAAAAAMN. Koreans aren't greedy; it's so much better.


I think you can't force people to pay to watch a game unless you have Blizzard's permission (?)
Commentator
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
January 18 2008 01:49 GMT
#22
On January 18 2008 10:24 thoraxe wrote:
Holy crap, even the finals tickets were free? DAAAAAAAMN. Koreans aren't greedy; it's so much better.


From Progaming Incidents #4
On May 05 2005 07:43 [BOyGiRl]ShaRp wrote:
31) Starleague collects entrance fees - During the 1.07 days OSL decides to collect money for the Boxer vs Giyom final. It was the first and last time that starleague was paid for.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 18 2008 05:20 GMT
#23
Im going to make a copy of this to place in the articles section. Very nice stuff!
ModeratorGodfather
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
January 18 2008 05:43 GMT
#24
i remember during gom s3 finals they were handing out wemade mouse pads and cola around hehe
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
March 25 2008 13:19 GMT
#25
Bumped with permission from Kennigit for added photo guide.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
proA.June91
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Vietnam445 Posts
March 25 2008 13:32 GMT
#26
COEX MBC Centre Hall... something like that..I can remember and connect it while I was watching VOD :D
hehe

10/10 for you :D
that's awesome
Fear is not what I'll get. It is what I've created myself
Response
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States1938 Posts
March 25 2008 19:25 GMT
#27
so its free to go to a match? that's insane
the REAL ReSpOnSe
TranceStorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
1616 Posts
March 25 2008 21:52 GMT
#28
Ticket sales wouldn't add much to MBC's revenue and would drive away potential fans from seeing matches. Most of their revenue comes from advertising.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
March 25 2008 23:14 GMT
#29
The MBC Game center is actually moving out of COEX at the end of the month from what I recall...
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
March 26 2008 01:32 GMT
#30
On March 26 2008 08:14 lilsusie wrote:
The MBC Game center is actually moving out of COEX at the end of the month from what I recall...


I know - I remember you telling me and I'll be doing a fresh guide for the new location as soon as it's open, but I thought it'd be nice for anyone who hasn't seen the exterior of the old centre even if they can't go before it closes down ^_^
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
outqast
Profile Joined October 2005
United States287 Posts
July 18 2008 15:28 GMT
#31
Sorry to bump this,

But I bookmarked it last time someone bumped it, and I was unable to find any new posts about it.
Given that,

I am going to be in Seoul sometime between July 30th and August 20th (probably for about three days). I don't know that much about professional starcraft, but I had a couple of questions. My first question is:

1). Are there any good events to attend, that is, is there going to be a good professional gaming event that I should aim for in that time. If so, what days? (Either dates, or days of the week that professional events are being played).

2). Instructions. I do not know Korean at all, and will probably have a tough time getting around so explicit instructions like the one made in this first post would be great.

3). I am vacationing there for around three days. Can you recommend any fair-priced hotels (I'm a poor graduate student), obviously I do not want to stay in the hood, but are there any reasonably priced hotels of decent quality that I can stay at in Seoul?

Thanks in advance, and sorry about bumping the post as I know you all are anal retentive about that.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 18 2008 17:10 GMT
#32
1) proleague playoffs, possibly even finals (but that's in pusan iirc)
not sure exactly waht days, i'm in a rush atm so can't answer. I think they'll be every week on saturday for the next 3 weeks or so.

2-3 are outside my expertise, sorry! As long as you're IN seoul it shouldnt be too bad sine metropolices tend to have english speaking pple.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
July 18 2008 17:22 GMT
#33
Nice FAQ. Ever tried throwing coins into the fountain-like thing, I can never seem to get it on spot.

The subway's pretty easy to navigate since everything's in english, once you get pass the seemingly convoluted korean names of the stops.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
July 19 2008 11:09 GMT
#34
Proleague finals are at a beach in Pusan.
GomTV Finals are in their studio in IDon'tKnowWhere, but i remember hearing it was far from Seoul.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
July 20 2008 04:33 GMT
#35
1). Are there any good events to attend, that is, is there going to be a good professional gaming event that I should aim for in that time. If so, what days? (Either dates, or days of the week that professional events are being played).

~ The MSL final is on Saturday the 26th of July so sadly you're going to miss it as well as the play offs. The proleague final is in Pusan on the 9th of August - the time is yet to be confirmed. Aside from that I'd keep an eye on fomos.co.kr's schedule (it's really easy to read even if you don't know much/any Korean.) I think the only thing going on will be the GOM TV Classic during that period.

2). Instructions. I do not know Korean at all, and will probably have a tough time getting around so explicit instructions like the one made in this first post would be great.

Getting to the GOM TV studio in Mokdong is pretty annoyingly difficult (It's the only venue I've gotten lost looking for lol.) - if there's anything on during the period you're visiting then I can give you detailed instructions - but I think you're out of luck what with it being off-season for everything except the Classic - whose schedule for August hasn't been announced yet.

3). I am vacationing there for around three days. Can you recommend any fair-priced hotels (I'm a poor graduate student), obviously I do not want to stay in the hood, but are there any reasonably priced hotels of decent quality that I can stay at in Seoul?

~ I'd try Uni areas like Hyehwa, Hongik etc - they usually have alot of decently priced hotels. I used hostelbookers.com to find my first places when I was looking at staying in Seoul
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 317
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 175
ZombieGrub90
BRAT_OK 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 908
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 175
MaxPax 161
ZombieGrub90
BRAT_OK 90
JuggernautJason60
Nathanias 41
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 659
White-Ra 154
ggaemo 147
firebathero 80
Barracks 65
910 50
Shine 33
Trap 24
Killer 24
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 791
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9661
crisheroes1792
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr71
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4905
summit1g4438
singsing1357
Beastyqt774
shahzam427
B2W.Neo318
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe132
UpATreeSC71
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream445
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 186
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.