• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:43
CEST 18:43
KST 01:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9768 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6157

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 19 2017 03:13 GMT
#123121
I mean the author literally had her break the 4th wall to troll the readers with that flash forward chapter haha.
Never Knows Best.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 19 2017 06:03 GMT
#123122
On October 19 2017 10:39 Ferrose wrote:
Stella no Mahou manga. Toad is truly a man of culture. I should have asked you to pick me up a copy as well D:

While we're on the topic of disturbing goldfish, he's a very NSFW music video for you all to watch (the song is legit if nothing else):


mmmmh, you sure Stella no Mahou would have really been the thing you would have wanted the most? Out of all the things you can think of?

+ Show Spoiler [hint] +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 19 2017 06:11 GMT
#123123
Didn't really see anyone mentioning Children of the Whales so far. Just finished ep 2 and it's pretty hype, got a shinsekai yori vibe with more action (presumably).
:)
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
October 19 2017 06:19 GMT
#123124
On October 19 2017 11:41 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2017 11:38 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On October 18 2017 22:26 Jek wrote:
Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

If Takagi isn't as trolly as she is in the manga I'm going to be flipping tables for years.


+ Show Spoiler +
theres a sequel manga too

If anyone complains about how some series end once the couple get together, you can direct them to Takagi-san.


true, its not as gold as the original, but it has more diabeetus.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
October 19 2017 16:25 GMT
#123125
On October 19 2017 15:03 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2017 10:39 Ferrose wrote:
Stella no Mahou manga. Toad is truly a man of culture. I should have asked you to pick me up a copy as well D:

While we're on the topic of disturbing goldfish, he's a very NSFW music video for you all to watch (the song is legit if nothing else):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpY7mR6r1M

mmmmh, you sure Stella no Mahou would have really been the thing you would have wanted the most? Out of all the things you can think of?

+ Show Spoiler [hint] +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]





Why not both?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8713 Posts
October 19 2017 18:12 GMT
#123126
On October 19 2017 08:47 BigFan wrote:
Anyone else watching Inuyashiki? Really emotional first episode. Excited to see how it progresses from here!


I wanted to ask because it's one of the dark horses this season for me. I haven't started it yet but I'm excited to hear how people receive it. Did you watch ep2?
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
October 19 2017 18:30 GMT
#123127
There's only an anime thread, and I couldn't find a general manga thread soooooo.....

Started reading Goblin Slayer. Berserk with Grimgar of Ash and Fantasy vibes. I like it.
Forever Young
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 19 2017 18:38 GMT
#123128
On October 20 2017 03:12 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2017 08:47 BigFan wrote:
Anyone else watching Inuyashiki? Really emotional first episode. Excited to see how it progresses from here!


I wanted to ask because it's one of the dark horses this season for me. I haven't started it yet but I'm excited to hear how people receive it. Did you watch ep2?

It's been good so far, both episodes. There is CGI though and it's kinda ruthless and gory so if you hate either, avoid it lol. Having said that, I would recommend at least giving both episodes a try first.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 19 2017 18:45 GMT
#123129
On October 20 2017 03:30 sung_moon wrote:
There's only an anime thread, and I couldn't find a general manga thread soooooo.....

Started reading Goblin Slayer. Berserk with Grimgar of Ash and Fantasy vibes. I like it.


That reminds me I totally need to start reading the Grimgar LNs.
Never Knows Best.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-21 04:08:16
October 20 2017 00:41 GMT
#123130
On October 20 2017 03:38 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2017 03:12 Miragee wrote:
On October 19 2017 08:47 BigFan wrote:
Anyone else watching Inuyashiki? Really emotional first episode. Excited to see how it progresses from here!


I wanted to ask because it's one of the dark horses this season for me. I haven't started it yet but I'm excited to hear how people receive it. Did you watch ep2?

It's been good so far, both episodes. There is CGI though and it's kinda ruthless and gory so if you hate either, avoid it lol. Having said that, I would recommend at least giving both episodes a try first.


Nothing against ruthless and gory if it fits the narrative. I dislike CGI but if it's not too much and the rest of the show is good I can handle it, lol. Thanks for the info!

//What the heck was the beginning of Virgin Soul ep21? That was terribad. The rest of the episode sucked as well. First time I felt like this about the show...
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-21 09:48:49
October 21 2017 09:35 GMT
#123131
wow, what a shitty way to wake up:


Open twitter, run across this:


"eeeeh. That thing still exists I guess...", so I open ANN to see if there's more info on there, also see that apparently Highschool DxD is getting a 4th season and that this lovely LN

is now also getting an anime www.animenewsnetwork.com

I like my shitty LN adaptations more often than not but that nasty 3punch combo is hitting a bit hard
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-21 10:38:07
October 21 2017 10:31 GMT
#123132
On October 21 2017 18:35 Toadesstern wrote:
wow, what a shitty way to wake up:


Open twitter, run across this:
https://twitter.com/KoshiTachibana/status/921544156173840384

"eeeeh. That thing still exists I guess...", so I open ANN to see if there's more info on there, also see that apparently Highschool DxD is getting a 4th season and that this lovely LN https://twitter.com/Toadesstern/status/916042314274938882
is now also getting an anime www.animenewsnetwork.com

I like my shitty LN adaptations more often than not but that nasty 3punch combo is hitting a bit hard


It's Kay, I'll watch all of them. Not like there have been much ln adaptions in the last two seasons or this season so I'll take what I can get.


It's got sairaorg vs ise and cao cao at the end.

But man, I need studio 8 to go back to making ln adaptions.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 21 2017 11:08 GMT
#123133
I like DAL and I'm ok with DxD. Id prob watch that other adaptation too.

Baka Toad
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-21 12:15:25
October 21 2017 12:08 GMT
#123134
the only good thing about DAL was the opening whenever they made fun of themselves and the... orange (?) twinsister girls?

Oh it also had the hot clock-girl. She was best. Maybe I need to walk back my words a bit.

Is it just me or do the girls look completly different in the PV up there for DxD?
The eyes and just everything looks a bit odd.. but it's still the same studio I think. What happened there?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 21 2017 15:51 GMT
#123135
The DxD anime adaptation pretty much blows.
Never Knows Best.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8713 Posts
October 21 2017 16:48 GMT
#123136
I finished Bahamut s2. The last 4 episodes were kind of terrible. : / Too bad because I have enjoyed the rest of the show to a decent degree. Felt like they had an idea in the beginning about how the story should end but then they lost themselves in the plot. Then they realised it's only 5 episodes left and they have to match the current plot line with the end they had in mind...
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 21 2017 17:47 GMT
#123137
On October 22 2017 00:51 Slaughter wrote:
The DxD anime adaptation pretty much blows.

S1/S2 were pretty decent.
Nezgar
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany535 Posts
October 21 2017 18:19 GMT
#123138
On October 20 2017 09:41 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2017 03:38 BigFan wrote:
On October 20 2017 03:12 Miragee wrote:
On October 19 2017 08:47 BigFan wrote:
Anyone else watching Inuyashiki? Really emotional first episode. Excited to see how it progresses from here!


I wanted to ask because it's one of the dark horses this season for me. I haven't started it yet but I'm excited to hear how people receive it. Did you watch ep2?

It's been good so far, both episodes. There is CGI though and it's kinda ruthless and gory so if you hate either, avoid it lol. Having said that, I would recommend at least giving both episodes a try first.


Nothing against ruthless and gory if it fits the narrative. I dislike CGI but if it's not too much and the rest of the show is good I can handle it, lol. Thanks for the info!


It's an edgy Seinen show, so keep that in mind. It seems like the show is mostly interested in making you feel a certain way instead of telling a good story. From what I have seen thus far, it has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
Reminds me of the totally generic "oh, this is so dark and brutal" show that we get every few seasons.

That said, it's only 2 episodes in, so maybe they start to give the characters any motivation to do what they are doing in the coming episodes. With a total of only 11 episodes, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much though.

Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 21 2017 18:37 GMT
#123139
On October 22 2017 02:47 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2017 00:51 Slaughter wrote:
The DxD anime adaptation pretty much blows.

S1/S2 were pretty decent.


True but there was a definite slide from 1 to 2 to 3 in quality with the 1st season being pretty good the 2nd ok and the third trash.

The PV looks a little different from the previous though so maybe they will be better?
Never Knows Best.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8713 Posts
October 21 2017 18:49 GMT
#123140
On October 22 2017 03:19 Nezgar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2017 09:41 Miragee wrote:
On October 20 2017 03:38 BigFan wrote:
On October 20 2017 03:12 Miragee wrote:
On October 19 2017 08:47 BigFan wrote:
Anyone else watching Inuyashiki? Really emotional first episode. Excited to see how it progresses from here!


I wanted to ask because it's one of the dark horses this season for me. I haven't started it yet but I'm excited to hear how people receive it. Did you watch ep2?

It's been good so far, both episodes. There is CGI though and it's kinda ruthless and gory so if you hate either, avoid it lol. Having said that, I would recommend at least giving both episodes a try first.


Nothing against ruthless and gory if it fits the narrative. I dislike CGI but if it's not too much and the rest of the show is good I can handle it, lol. Thanks for the info!


It's an edgy Seinen show, so keep that in mind. It seems like the show is mostly interested in making you feel a certain way instead of telling a good story. From what I have seen thus far, it has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
Reminds me of the totally generic "oh, this is so dark and brutal" show that we get every few seasons.

That said, it's only 2 episodes in, so maybe they start to give the characters any motivation to do what they are doing in the coming episodes. With a total of only 11 episodes, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much though.



Dang, that's a bummer. Thanks though!
Prev 1 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
Liquid`TLO 92
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26964
Leta 1083
Horang2 267
firebathero 173
Trap 151
Zeus 95
Hyun 69
soO 56
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
Rock 26
Aegong 24
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 16
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Dendi1206
420jenkins384
qojqva31
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck366
byalli267
KnowMe214
Hui .177
Livibee82
QueenE74
FrodaN13
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• 3DClanTV 38
• Adnapsc2 16
• Response 13
• Hinosc 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach86
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1670
Other Games
• Shiphtur574
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 17m
Patches Events
22h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.