• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7539 users

[Manga] One Piece - Page 1271

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1664 Next
This is a thread that is dedicated to discussing One Piece. Do not read this thread if you are not currently caught up as there are spoilers in here.

If an episode or a chapter has already been officially released, then it is not necessary to post using spoilers.

If you have knowledge on a chapter that has not been officially released yet, do NOT post it in this thread. Ignoring this public note will result in a mod action.
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
June 10 2016 23:12 GMT
#25401
80+ new posts and no new chapter. There could've been only 2 possibilities of what happened in this thread and I was not let down
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
June 11 2016 08:30 GMT
#25402
The One Piece thread...

.... WILL NEVER END!


ZE HA HA HA HA HA
maru lover forever
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
June 11 2016 11:52 GMT
#25403
On June 10 2016 21:22 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 18:14 herMan wrote:
Broke my fucking heart to see there's no chapter up on mangastream.

I wonder how anyone that ain't a Yonkou is going to pose a threat against the straw hat crew. We're supposed to think Sanji's brothers are made of pure badass but I just can't see them winning against Luffy. Only case I see them bring adversity to the protagonists is if Sanji has to defeat them on his own or if Oda pulls the usual "luffy is disabled" cop out.


Doflamingo was stronger then Luffy and wasnt a Yonkou so...


Yes. However, as the story progresses, the protagonists get stronger and thus there have to be stronger opponents to match their new level. Now that Luffy is officially all about taking on Yonkous, there doesn't seem to be many contenders to oppose him in a believable fashion.

Edward Weevil? Maybe. I hope not though, he's a completely new character who feels like a total asspull and looks very dumb to boot.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 11 2016 17:27 GMT
#25404
Honestly I know it's how it's written but it sometimes gets to me a little how weak Luffy is.
There are a million people he goes up against that 'realistically' he shouldn't ever stand a chance against, DD included. Issho as well.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
June 11 2016 21:29 GMT
#25405
That is a good point you are raising. I never had an issue with this until the Doflamingo fight. This man can turn shit into strings and impale you from a hundred different angles, how could you ever defeat this guy? The answer was to have him fight in a traditional way, which just didn't make sense to me.

My biggest gripe with fights is the fact that Robin is not invincible, like when we were initially introduced to her abilities against Pell. She can restrict your movement and you can't do a damn thing about it unless you're either very muscular physically or a logia. I was very confused to see her turning out to be a very weak crew member.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
June 11 2016 23:37 GMT
#25406
On June 11 2016 20:52 herMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 21:22 Forikorder wrote:
On June 10 2016 18:14 herMan wrote:
Broke my fucking heart to see there's no chapter up on mangastream.

I wonder how anyone that ain't a Yonkou is going to pose a threat against the straw hat crew. We're supposed to think Sanji's brothers are made of pure badass but I just can't see them winning against Luffy. Only case I see them bring adversity to the protagonists is if Sanji has to defeat them on his own or if Oda pulls the usual "luffy is disabled" cop out.


Doflamingo was stronger then Luffy and wasnt a Yonkou so...


Yes. However, as the story progresses, the protagonists get stronger and thus there have to be stronger opponents to match their new level. Now that Luffy is officially all about taking on Yonkous, there doesn't seem to be many contenders to oppose him in a believable fashion.

Edward Weevil? Maybe. I hope not though, he's a completely new character who feels like a total asspull and looks very dumb to boot.


taking on younkous with massive amount of planning, conspiring and allies hes not walking up to Kaidou and 1v1ing the guy
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
June 12 2016 07:56 GMT
#25407
On June 12 2016 06:29 herMan wrote:
That is a good point you are raising. I never had an issue with this until the Doflamingo fight. This man can turn shit into strings and impale you from a hundred different angles, how could you ever defeat this guy? The answer was to have him fight in a traditional way, which just didn't make sense to me.

My biggest gripe with fights is the fact that Robin is not invincible, like when we were initially introduced to her abilities against Pell. She can restrict your movement and you can't do a damn thing about it unless you're either very muscular physically or a logia. I was very confused to see her turning out to be a very weak crew member.


I dunno about weak, look at her vs Hakuba
maru lover forever
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
June 12 2016 09:23 GMT
#25408
On June 12 2016 16:56 Incognoto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2016 06:29 herMan wrote:
That is a good point you are raising. I never had an issue with this until the Doflamingo fight. This man can turn shit into strings and impale you from a hundred different angles, how could you ever defeat this guy? The answer was to have him fight in a traditional way, which just didn't make sense to me.

My biggest gripe with fights is the fact that Robin is not invincible, like when we were initially introduced to her abilities against Pell. She can restrict your movement and you can't do a damn thing about it unless you're either very muscular physically or a logia. I was very confused to see her turning out to be a very weak crew member.


I dunno about weak, look at her vs Hakuba


she pretty rarely actually ends up fighting anyone it seems
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
June 12 2016 13:53 GMT
#25409
On June 12 2016 18:23 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2016 16:56 Incognoto wrote:
On June 12 2016 06:29 herMan wrote:
That is a good point you are raising. I never had an issue with this until the Doflamingo fight. This man can turn shit into strings and impale you from a hundred different angles, how could you ever defeat this guy? The answer was to have him fight in a traditional way, which just didn't make sense to me.

My biggest gripe with fights is the fact that Robin is not invincible, like when we were initially introduced to her abilities against Pell. She can restrict your movement and you can't do a damn thing about it unless you're either very muscular physically or a logia. I was very confused to see her turning out to be a very weak crew member.


I dunno about weak, look at her vs Hakuba


she pretty rarely actually ends up fighting anyone it seems

She has taken more of a support role, which is somewhat understandable. While he power is pretty damn strong, it has a huge weakness, whatever happens the the limb created happens to her iirc. So if she tries to grab at someone and they end up slicing that arm in two, she is in deep trouble. Not to mention lack of haki. Too many people in the new world could physically over power her ability now I think as well.

Though I agree she does seem extremely underused and would fucking love Robin to step up and get a kick ass fight or two going. It seems that her and Nami have been unfortunately delegated to the roles of fan service for now.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
June 12 2016 17:09 GMT
#25410
There are so many good characters that it feels like everyone's underused at some point. I'd love to see more Brook, and I want to know more about what Chopper studied during the skip. More of what Nami learned from the weather dudes, and how Robin fits into the revolutionary army.

I don't think anyone in particular is underutilized, I just think we have so much to potentially cover that it's really difficult to get it all done.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 12 2016 20:22 GMT
#25411
On June 13 2016 02:09 Rehio wrote:
There are so many good characters that it feels like everyone's underused at some point. I'd love to see more Brook, and I want to know more about what Chopper studied during the skip. More of what Nami learned from the weather dudes, and how Robin fits into the revolutionary army.

I don't think anyone in particular is underutilized, I just think we have so much to potentially cover that it's really difficult to get it all done.

This exactly.
Most of the crew hasnt had an interesting fight since Fishman island.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
June 12 2016 20:44 GMT
#25412
On June 13 2016 05:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2016 02:09 Rehio wrote:
There are so many good characters that it feels like everyone's underused at some point. I'd love to see more Brook, and I want to know more about what Chopper studied during the skip. More of what Nami learned from the weather dudes, and how Robin fits into the revolutionary army.

I don't think anyone in particular is underutilized, I just think we have so much to potentially cover that it's really difficult to get it all done.

This exactly.
Most of the crew hasnt had an interesting fight since Fishman island.

Well Fishman Island was just a bunch of stomps in the end, too. So really most of the crew hasn't had an interesting fight since they got separated at Sabaody pre-skip.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 12 2016 22:51 GMT
#25413
On June 13 2016 05:44 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2016 05:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 13 2016 02:09 Rehio wrote:
There are so many good characters that it feels like everyone's underused at some point. I'd love to see more Brook, and I want to know more about what Chopper studied during the skip. More of what Nami learned from the weather dudes, and how Robin fits into the revolutionary army.

I don't think anyone in particular is underutilized, I just think we have so much to potentially cover that it's really difficult to get it all done.

This exactly.
Most of the crew hasnt had an interesting fight since Fishman island.

Well Fishman Island was just a bunch of stomps in the end, too. So really most of the crew hasn't had an interesting fight since they got separated at Sabaody pre-skip.

Stomps yes but they did interesting things/showcased new abilities so the fights were interesting.
There was maybe one interesting fight in the dressrosa arc, and that was Luffy v DD. (Luffy v chinjao too I suppose)

Unless I'm forgetting something which I could be.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
June 13 2016 00:23 GMT
#25414
On June 13 2016 07:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2016 05:44 Elentos wrote:
On June 13 2016 05:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 13 2016 02:09 Rehio wrote:
There are so many good characters that it feels like everyone's underused at some point. I'd love to see more Brook, and I want to know more about what Chopper studied during the skip. More of what Nami learned from the weather dudes, and how Robin fits into the revolutionary army.

I don't think anyone in particular is underutilized, I just think we have so much to potentially cover that it's really difficult to get it all done.

This exactly.
Most of the crew hasnt had an interesting fight since Fishman island.

Well Fishman Island was just a bunch of stomps in the end, too. So really most of the crew hasn't had an interesting fight since they got separated at Sabaody pre-skip.

Stomps yes but they did interesting things/showcased new abilities so the fights were interesting.
There was maybe one interesting fight in the dressrosa arc, and that was Luffy v DD. (Luffy v chinjao too I suppose)

Unless I'm forgetting something which I could be.


thats the point of those fights though for the crew members to completely and utterly wreck people with there new abilities
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
June 13 2016 11:36 GMT
#25415
On June 12 2016 08:37 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2016 20:52 herMan wrote:
On June 10 2016 21:22 Forikorder wrote:
On June 10 2016 18:14 herMan wrote:
Broke my fucking heart to see there's no chapter up on mangastream.

I wonder how anyone that ain't a Yonkou is going to pose a threat against the straw hat crew. We're supposed to think Sanji's brothers are made of pure badass but I just can't see them winning against Luffy. Only case I see them bring adversity to the protagonists is if Sanji has to defeat them on his own or if Oda pulls the usual "luffy is disabled" cop out.


Doflamingo was stronger then Luffy and wasnt a Yonkou so...


Yes. However, as the story progresses, the protagonists get stronger and thus there have to be stronger opponents to match their new level. Now that Luffy is officially all about taking on Yonkous, there doesn't seem to be many contenders to oppose him in a believable fashion.

Edward Weevil? Maybe. I hope not though, he's a completely new character who feels like a total asspull and looks very dumb to boot.


taking on younkous with massive amount of planning, conspiring and allies hes not walking up to Kaidou and 1v1ing the guy


I don't know what you're trying to say. What I am saying is I don't think Luffy has many opponents equal in fighting ability in the current character pool if you don't count the yonkou and the admirals. Perhaps Kidd or some other top supernova, but no one has really been hyped up especially after Kidd and the others got smashed.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
June 13 2016 12:06 GMT
#25416
On June 13 2016 20:36 herMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2016 08:37 Forikorder wrote:
On June 11 2016 20:52 herMan wrote:
On June 10 2016 21:22 Forikorder wrote:
On June 10 2016 18:14 herMan wrote:
Broke my fucking heart to see there's no chapter up on mangastream.

I wonder how anyone that ain't a Yonkou is going to pose a threat against the straw hat crew. We're supposed to think Sanji's brothers are made of pure badass but I just can't see them winning against Luffy. Only case I see them bring adversity to the protagonists is if Sanji has to defeat them on his own or if Oda pulls the usual "luffy is disabled" cop out.


Doflamingo was stronger then Luffy and wasnt a Yonkou so...


Yes. However, as the story progresses, the protagonists get stronger and thus there have to be stronger opponents to match their new level. Now that Luffy is officially all about taking on Yonkous, there doesn't seem to be many contenders to oppose him in a believable fashion.

Edward Weevil? Maybe. I hope not though, he's a completely new character who feels like a total asspull and looks very dumb to boot.


taking on younkous with massive amount of planning, conspiring and allies hes not walking up to Kaidou and 1v1ing the guy


I don't know what you're trying to say. What I am saying is I don't think Luffy has many opponents equal in fighting ability in the current character pool if you don't count the yonkou and the admirals. Perhaps Kidd or some other top supernova, but no one has really been hyped up especially after Kidd and the others got smashed.


im saying his equals would be yonkou, admirals, some vice admirals, high ranking members of yonkou crew, other supernovas and other notables within the revolutionary army, standing armys of countries, Shichibukai and other pirate crews

Luffy is not anyone close to being a peerless fighter
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
June 13 2016 13:40 GMT
#25417
"Everyone is Luffy's equal."
-Forikorder
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
June 13 2016 14:01 GMT
#25418
On June 13 2016 22:40 Sentenal wrote:
"Everyone is Luffy's equal."
-Forikorder

That isn't what he is saying at all. He's merely saying that we have lots of opportunity for opponents still in the new world and Luffy at this point in the story is far from being the strongest fighter. All of which is true.

I know Forik has a bad reputation around here, hell I just argued with him for like 3 pages a couple days ago. But come on at least look at what is being said.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
June 13 2016 14:08 GMT
#25419
good point raised when it comes to skills, one of oda's bigger success imo

for example, doflamingo's strength was strings, mastered to the limit and if you think about it strings in the hand of a decent pirate would have been weak

let's just think about the fruit of buggy the clown, if it was mastered i'm sure it would be op as hell
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-13 15:14:58
June 13 2016 15:13 GMT
#25420
But come on at least look at what is being said.


little late for him to start doing that now

mastered to the limit and if you think about it strings in the hand of a decent pirate would have been weak


maybe if his strings followed logic, but his strings could defy gravity and move independantly of him much different then Mr.3 who created wax that followed Logic
Prev 1 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 228
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
Doublelift6055
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr35
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0359
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1247
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP152
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo240
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 8m
Replay Cast
20h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.