• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:37
CEST 06:37
KST 13:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20260Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 28

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
December 15 2009 08:14 GMT
#541
[image loading]


Just saw the Road. Really good, but pretty depressing. Almost cried at the end. Almost as good as the book. Definitely check it out, especially if you are into the post-apocalyptic genre.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
December 15 2009 08:29 GMT
#542
[image loading]


just saw this yesterday and it was awesome.
You have the power to create your own destiny.
eborp
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States266 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-15 15:45:42
December 15 2009 15:45 GMT
#543
[image loading]


Wow. What a movie. Some of the best music and cinematography I have ever seen.
UMCP CSL NEEDS YOU!
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
December 15 2009 15:48 GMT
#544
On December 15 2009 17:29 BloodDrunK wrote:
[image loading]


just saw this yesterday and it was awesome.

i have to second this. damn. good thing my house isn't setup in the same way as in the movie.
i'm such a pussy lol
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
omfghi2u2
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States831 Posts
December 15 2009 18:33 GMT
#545
[image loading]


Chingoo (Friend) was a great movie. Great acting IMO. And unless you can speak Sa Too Ri, get the subtitled version. For people who dont know that Sa Too Ri is, its this really heavily and unique accented way of speaking korean. Sounds cool, but almost impossible to understand. Great movie especially the last scene, + Show Spoiler +
When Sang-Taek asks Joong-So why he did it, Joong-So's reply with that smile really sealed it for me


9/10

[image loading]


Silmido was also a very good movie. This movie was about how the South Korean government trains a bunch of death row convicts to go to North Korea. Very interesting movie imo.

8/10

[image loading]

Saw this movie again. I thought it was much funnier the second time. Good for quick laughs and much better then your stoner flick (Half-Baked)

9/10

[image loading]

This is really one of those mindless comedies where you cant really ask questions and what not. This movie gave me some real great laughs while some scenes were painful to watch. Dave Chappelle was hilarious in this movie. So if you want some quick laughs, I recommend Blue Streak.

7/10
garista
Profile Joined January 2003
Germany165 Posts
December 15 2009 19:39 GMT
#546
Movie of the year for me:
[image loading]
I saw it at the Nippon Connection (a japanese film festival in Germany). It's 237 min. long and not a minute boring. Honestly.
+ Show Spoiler [Desciption] +
[...] But now he’s gone and out-done himself with a four-hour movie about faith, religion, pornography, upskirt photography, fighting females and the Virgin Mary all scored to the insistent, pounding, slow-burning climax of Ravel’s “Bolero.”
Based on the life of one of Sono’s friends, LOVE EXPOSURE is all about Yu, the son of a Catholic priest who loses his religion when his mother dies. Obsessed with sin and confession, Dad criticizes the state of his son’s spotless soul, claiming that his confessions are weak and simple and that he must confess real sins. Unable to make anything up, there’s nothing for Yu to do but become a sinner, and so the confused kid learns the ninja-tastic martial art of taking up-skirt photographs. Now a full-fledged pornographer he’s really got something to confess, earning beatings from his shocked dad. But in the middle of his new career, while dressed (as the result of losing a bet) as Sasori, the hero of a series of 70’s women-in-prison movies, Yu meets the love of his life, Yoko (Hikari Mitsushima), who’s in the middle of beating up a bunch of horrible men. Drag-clad Yu jumps into the fray and that’s when things get complicated. A villainess appears in the person of the giggling young schoolgirl, Aya (Sakura Ando) who shows up, stroking her green parakeet the way a Bond villain strokes his white cat, and soon she’s manipulating these two star-crossed lovers in the name of the cult for which she works, the Zero Church.
[...] LOVE EXPOSURE has proven to be one of the biggest arthouse hits of all time in Japan, running for well over three months to sold-out shows, packed with teenagers. In this movie Sono pulls porn up from the gutter, and religion down from the heavens until the two meet and the most debased and the most divine become mirror images of each other, an alchemical marriage as breathtaking as turning lead into gold. Full of astonishing moments, you’ll see God in an upskirt photograph, and you’ll see an abuse victim in the Virgin Mary’s face.
(Source)

+ Show Spoiler [Bonus] +
[image loading]
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
December 15 2009 19:58 GMT
#547
I saw the movie "9" It was pretty good actually Very different from the other movies I've seen
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
December 15 2009 20:00 GMT
#548
Someone go get their hands on Avatar before it comes out and give us a review .
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-15 20:06:43
December 15 2009 20:03 GMT
#549
[image loading]


Old, black and white, hard to understand. . . But its crazy good. Recommended if you have the time to get into it =) 10/10
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
December 15 2009 20:34 GMT
#550
[image loading]

Normally I like gangster movies but this one just felt too hollywoodish, if anyone can understand that. Because of that what would normally have been an epic 2 1/2 hour movie was actually a mediocre movie that dragged on for me. I enjoyed it, just not in the way I wanted to I guess.

And its not a movie but it sort of is, the 4 episode OVA that is Macross Plus...
[image loading]

Its kinda cheesy at times but overall it was pretty good. I know I said its not a movie but there is a movie version of it where they basically cut out like 2 full hours of shit from the show to cram the story into a movie length, I highly suggest you avoid that if you're going to watch it though because its only a couple extra hours long and its worth it for the extra scenes. Also it doesn't make sense unless you've seen at least the first Macross series so you know who and what the Zentradi are because they pretty much assume you know the history when you watch this.
♞
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
December 16 2009 01:35 GMT
#551
On December 15 2009 17:29 BloodDrunK wrote:
[image loading]


just saw this yesterday and it was awesome.

i can't believe anyone thought this movie was good. It was not scary, it had no decent plot and it was really boring!
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
December 16 2009 01:44 GMT
#552
On December 16 2009 10:35 Piste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2009 17:29 BloodDrunK wrote:
[image loading]


just saw this yesterday and it was awesome.

i can't believe anyone thought this movie was good. It was not scary, it had no decent plot and it was really boring!

I also agree this movie was not scary and was absolute crap.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-19 18:59:22
December 19 2009 12:13 GMT
#553
[image loading]


I don't know how it would sit with most people here; my first guess is that most of you wouldn't like it. It's written and directed by Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine...) but its scope is so much greater and it's far more surreal. If Sunshine is inside the heart, this is inside the brain. Whether you like it really depends on what type of person you are and what you want to make of it. At the very least, it'll rack your brain for hours/days/etc. Also, as usual, Philip Seymour Hoffman is absolutely brilliant.

The film is either a masterpiece or a massively dysfunctional act of self-indulgence and self-laceration. It has brilliance, either way: surreal, utterly distinctive, witty, gloomy in the manner that his fans will recognise and adore, but with a new epic confidence, absorbing the influences of Fellini and Lynch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/may/15/synecdoche-new-york
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
December 19 2009 12:46 GMT
#554
I saw Where the Wild Things Are, extremely messed up movie I thought, not for little kiddies definitely.
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
December 25 2009 07:10 GMT
#555
[image loading]

Complete fucking trash. The fuck is bale doing?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
December 31 2009 21:02 GMT
#556
Has anyone seen 500 days of summer? As far as relationship movies are concerened, I was fucking blown away. It's the most honest, realistic take on relationships that I've seen on film. It's the Annie Hall of our generation. If you've been in love, had your heart broken or if you're single, WATCH this movie NOW.

[image loading]
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
December 31 2009 21:07 GMT
#557
On December 16 2009 05:34 Chuiu wrote:
[image loading]

Normally I like gangster movies but this one just felt too hollywoodish, if anyone can understand that. Because of that what would normally have been an epic 2 1/2 hour movie was actually a mediocre movie that dragged on for me. I enjoyed it, just not in the way I wanted to I guess.


One of the worst films i've seen in years.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
December 31 2009 21:09 GMT
#558
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 19 2009 21:13 Jibba wrote:
[image loading]


I don't know how it would sit with most people here; my first guess is that most of you wouldn't like it. It's written and directed by Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine...) but its scope is so much greater and it's far more surreal. If Sunshine is inside the heart, this is inside the brain. Whether you like it really depends on what type of person you are and what you want to make of it. At the very least, it'll rack your brain for hours/days/etc. Also, as usual, Philip Seymour Hoffman is absolutely brilliant.

Show nested quote +
The film is either a masterpiece or a massively dysfunctional act of self-indulgence and self-laceration. It has brilliance, either way: surreal, utterly distinctive, witty, gloomy in the manner that his fans will recognise and adore, but with a new epic confidence, absorbing the influences of Fellini and Lynch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/may/15/synecdoche-new-york



\brilliant choice Jibba. This is easily Kaufman's masterpiece work.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 22:20:05
December 31 2009 22:10 GMT
#559
Have had nothing to do the past few days, so I've just been watching movies. The ratings I give probably seem lazy, but after thinking about it, these ratings really reflect how I feel about them. To be honest, I'm not a very passionate movie watcher. I tend to like most movies equally.

A Scanner Darkly: 8/10 Pretty cool sci-fi movie. Haven't read the book, but it was a fun watch.

Lars and the Real Girl: 7/10 - It's a comedy that to be honest, I didn't really laugh through. I was just simply amused the whole time, although it was still a fun watch.

Last King of Scotland: 7/10 - Eh, pretty cool movie. It's based on a true story which I was already aware of so the story didn't captivate me too much. Although it was shot well, and the acting's good.

Persepolis: 7/10 - Fun movie about a girl living through the Islamic Revolution in Iran. Pretty good, animation was pretty fun and it didn't drag on like most biographical stories in this vain.

Run Fatboy Run: 7/10 - Fun comedy. Predictable, and not exactly hilarioius, but a fun watch. If I was comparing it to my favorite movies, the rank would probably be a lot lower. Although, considering I was thouroughly entertained, and it was much better than some other comedies I've seen lately, a 7 just felt right =/

Pan's Labyrinthe: 9/10 - Really good movie, can't believe I never watched this until two days ago. I wouldn't say it's a "must see", but if you have the time (and don't mind reading subtitles or you can speak Spanish) you really really should see it.

Amelie: 8/10 - Pretty fun movie. I laughed through this more than I did with Run Fatboy Run and Lars and the Real Girl, and enjoyed it a lot more. I realize ranking it only one higher than them doesn't seem to reflect this that well, but for me it just fits.

Like I said, I'm pretty lenient with my ratings, but all of these movies were good imo, and you won't be disappointed if you check any of these out I'm sure.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
December 31 2009 23:31 GMT
#560
[image loading]

Going completely blind into this, I was really confused and kind of bored during the first half, but then I started to figure out what the fuck was really going on and it was simply INCREDIBLE.
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 8741
Rain 1839
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 121
sSak 52
Bale 24
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1114
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1048
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g7310
WinterStarcraft603
C9.Mang0172
ViBE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1207
• Rush770
• Stunt376
Other Games
• Scarra935
• Shiphtur794
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 23m
INu's Battles
6h 23m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 23m
OSC
17h 38m
Replay Cast
18h 23m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.