• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6053 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 788

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 786 787 788 789 790 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Aegon I
Profile Joined April 2013
Canada133 Posts
May 07 2013 02:53 GMT
#15741
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm
"His silvery hair was blowing in the wind, and his eyes were a deep purple, darker than this boy's"
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 02:53:59
May 07 2013 02:53 GMT
#15742
On May 07 2013 11:49 RevTiberius wrote:
I really love the series, but it seems to me the pace has slowed down somewhat... feels almost like a soap opera where in every episode a lot of things happen but nothing really happens...

For some reason the previous 2 seasons seemed to have more "plot"...

That's just your hindsight talking. People were saying the same thing when seasons 1 and 2 have gotten slower. Keep watching.
albis
Profile Joined January 2010
United States652 Posts
May 07 2013 02:55 GMT
#15743
On May 07 2013 11:53 Aegon I wrote:
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm

not dying is a big deal, think lord of light is a solid choice
every punch is thrown with bad intentions with the speed of a devil
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
May 07 2013 03:01 GMT
#15744
On May 07 2013 11:53 Aegon I wrote:
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm


And what do you say to the God of Death?
RevTiberius
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada353 Posts
May 07 2013 03:02 GMT
#15745
On May 07 2013 11:53 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:49 RevTiberius wrote:
I really love the series, but it seems to me the pace has slowed down somewhat... feels almost like a soap opera where in every episode a lot of things happen but nothing really happens...

For some reason the previous 2 seasons seemed to have more "plot"...

That's just your hindsight talking. People were saying the same thing when seasons 1 and 2 have gotten slower. Keep watching.


I don't think hindsight has anything to do with it. After watching yesterday's episode I decided to wait till the season is over so that I can watch the remaining episodes in one or two sessions.
Teaching Chess to a Starcraft 2 Grandmaster: http://revtiberius.blogspot.ca
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
May 07 2013 03:07 GMT
#15746
On May 07 2013 12:01 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:53 Aegon I wrote:
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm


And what do you say to the God of Death?

Take Sean Bean instead
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
armada[sb]
Profile Joined August 2011
United States432 Posts
May 07 2013 03:07 GMT
#15747
On May 07 2013 12:02 RevTiberius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:53 LoLAdriankat wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:49 RevTiberius wrote:
I really love the series, but it seems to me the pace has slowed down somewhat... feels almost like a soap opera where in every episode a lot of things happen but nothing really happens...

For some reason the previous 2 seasons seemed to have more "plot"...

That's just your hindsight talking. People were saying the same thing when seasons 1 and 2 have gotten slower. Keep watching.


I don't think hindsight has anything to do with it. After watching yesterday's episode I decided to wait till the season is over so that I can watch the remaining episodes in one or two sessions.


I don't know what you're talking about, it always starts slow and then picks up big time in the later episodes. Your loss to skip the next few.
#Hitpoint @ GameSurge (IDLE=BAN)
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 03:13:13
May 07 2013 03:12 GMT
#15748
On May 07 2013 11:55 albis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:53 Aegon I wrote:
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm

not dying is a big deal, think lord of light is a solid choice

have any of the gods besides the Lord of Light shown proof that they exist yet?
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
May 07 2013 03:12 GMT
#15749
On May 07 2013 12:07 armada[sb] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 12:02 RevTiberius wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:53 LoLAdriankat wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:49 RevTiberius wrote:
I really love the series, but it seems to me the pace has slowed down somewhat... feels almost like a soap opera where in every episode a lot of things happen but nothing really happens...

For some reason the previous 2 seasons seemed to have more "plot"...

That's just your hindsight talking. People were saying the same thing when seasons 1 and 2 have gotten slower. Keep watching.


I don't think hindsight has anything to do with it. After watching yesterday's episode I decided to wait till the season is over so that I can watch the remaining episodes in one or two sessions.


I don't know what you're talking about, it always starts slow and then picks up big time in the later episodes. Your loss to skip the next few.


If he means plot as in major changes like army movements, castle sieges and the like then he has a point. But that is a poor way of looking at it. There are major revelations and developments for the characters that shouldn't have to be listed.. how could anyone complain about episodes being slow?
RevTiberius
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada353 Posts
May 07 2013 03:15 GMT
#15750
On May 07 2013 12:07 armada[sb] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 12:02 RevTiberius wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:53 LoLAdriankat wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:49 RevTiberius wrote:
I really love the series, but it seems to me the pace has slowed down somewhat... feels almost like a soap opera where in every episode a lot of things happen but nothing really happens...

For some reason the previous 2 seasons seemed to have more "plot"...

That's just your hindsight talking. People were saying the same thing when seasons 1 and 2 have gotten slower. Keep watching.


I don't think hindsight has anything to do with it. After watching yesterday's episode I decided to wait till the season is over so that I can watch the remaining episodes in one or two sessions.


I don't know what you're talking about, it always starts slow and then picks up big time in the later episodes. Your loss to skip the next few.


You misunderstood. I said that instead of just watching a single episode every week, I've decided to wait till the end of the season so that I can watch ALL remaining episodes in a single session.

This has been my approach for most series that tell one single story. It's not as important for shows that have different story lines each time (such as CSI or Bones).
Teaching Chess to a Starcraft 2 Grandmaster: http://revtiberius.blogspot.ca
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
May 07 2013 03:16 GMT
#15751
On May 07 2013 12:12 EpiK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:55 albis wrote:
On May 07 2013 11:53 Aegon I wrote:
There's 4 religions in Westeros that are a big part of the tv show. What would u pick?

Old Gods
The Seven
R'hllor, the Lord of Ligh - brought from Essos
Drowned God and the Storm God are the God of the Ironm

not dying is a big deal, think lord of light is a solid choice

have any of the gods besides the Lord of Light shown proof that they exist yet?


I don't know, Death has claimed quite a few. Syrio would be ashamed.
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
malady
Profile Joined November 2010
United States600 Posts
May 07 2013 04:55 GMT
#15752
what I wonder is if the lord of light is actually bringing that man back from death or if that dude just has a magical gift. Guess we will find out ^_^
dumchu
TeePee
Profile Joined September 2010
United States132 Posts
May 07 2013 06:22 GMT
#15753
Mindcraft GoT is on the front page but Axis of Awesome and Kingslayer aren't?
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
May 07 2013 06:31 GMT
#15754
On May 07 2013 11:19 furerkip wrote:
Did no one else like the climb speech? I got chills in my spine as I heard it lol, thought it was rather epic, especially 'cause you knew that girl was dead and it really gives insight into how Baelish is approaching the Throne: as if it were a game.

Like, if you think about it, Varys gives his entire being to keeping the Realm in check with the Throne; he wants the Throne to be satisfied, he's just another person kissing the feet of the King (albeit one of the smarter ones). We heard a line from Cersei also looking at the Throne as if it were a game (in s1 "In the Game of Thrones, you either live or you die."). Tywin and the Tyrells are also fighting for the Throne in a chess-like manner, and you get the feeling that no one gives a single shit about what happens to the Realm besides the honest few (Ned, Varys, etc.).

In a way, the throne isn't symbol of justice, power, and truth like a seat of power in our world would be. It's not a symbol of ages past when Aegon was bullying Westeros like Baelish said. Instead, it's just an empty tool that serves nothing (by virtue of it constantly being in question in a tumultuous fashion), gives nothing (neither Robert nor Jauffrey really care about shit, they just want to fulfill their desires in a pig-like manner. Robert wanted whores, Jauffrey wanted suffering around him), but yet is the central most figure of everyone's desire.

To make a real obvious comparison, it's just a trophy; you win, the only symbol it gives is that of time: you are the best. For now.

Plus, I loved the imagery Baelish used as well; coming from the understanding that a ladder is a tool to rise up on (like the last scene, when the climb up the wall led them to see a beautiful canvas of a meadow), it does give a twisted view of hope in this bleak time in Westeros. That's also what got me to like it. Those who fall, like those in the climb of this episode, are unluckily never allowed to see the future, instead arguing over why not to climb. Those who don't want to climb, like Sansa, are simply stuck with the worst life ahead of them because they will not try to climb.

Reminds me of The Dark Knight Rises, when he has to go up the pit back to Gotham. It was sick lol


Liked it too.
It was finely delivered and an alright ending to the episode.

Sure, it wasn't the most original stuff but it was imagey enough to make it enjoyable in my opinion. And after all, it's game of thrones so I don't see it as an issue to get a few lines about exactly that.
And since Baelish is one of my favorite character I won't complain. Should be incorporated to the definition of machiavellism. Even if I can understand how some people would find him a bit too one-dimensional.

The flaying part made my skin crawl.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
May 07 2013 06:38 GMT
#15755
Yeah, Baelish's dialogue on the climb was well presented. But I still don't like the character. I still stand by Varys on how Baelish would prefer to sit on a throne even if the kingdom was in ashes. I couldn't let the poor peasants burn in price for my ambitions. :\
Selendis
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia509 Posts
May 07 2013 06:40 GMT
#15756
On May 07 2013 11:45 Parcelleus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 06:57 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On May 07 2013 06:39 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Things I love about this scene:

Tywin saying "Why?"

Olenna being so casual about ghey sex

Am I the only one who, above anyone else, desires Olenna a slow and painful death? Compared to her I want Joffrey nothing but happiness and love to the end of his days. Shes so intolerably annoying and poorly written. Oh, look at me, I'm edgy because I'm old and flout convention and say shit abruptly and without tact. Ugh.


Olena has been one of the most intriguing characters this season for my money.

Highly intelligent, seen it all, an absolute master of conversation (Hi Tyrion), her mind is as fast as a whip, mysterious, has no fear of men. I could go on. She is an amazing character, and the actor playing her executes flawlessly.

I look forward to her scenes as she is so on top of it. No bullshit , or tip-toeing around 'nice-ities', just pure wisdom and logic that floors everyone (I love her focus on content rather than social tip-toeing), well except Tywin cos he knows he had the final 'call' regarding Loras and Cersei as he is 'the kings hand'. Even still she still knew how to push Tywins buttons and had no problem sparring with him.

Tywin/Charles Dance is in fine form, he brings another level regarding acting class. Such a complicated character that Dance plays perfectly.


I love Olena, she is just so matriarchal.
Probes are sooo OP
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
May 07 2013 06:43 GMT
#15757
On May 07 2013 15:40 Selendis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 11:45 Parcelleus wrote:
On May 07 2013 06:57 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On May 07 2013 06:39 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Things I love about this scene:

Tywin saying "Why?"

Olenna being so casual about ghey sex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLr8drBts-8
Am I the only one who, above anyone else, desires Olenna a slow and painful death? Compared to her I want Joffrey nothing but happiness and love to the end of his days. Shes so intolerably annoying and poorly written. Oh, look at me, I'm edgy because I'm old and flout convention and say shit abruptly and without tact. Ugh.


Olena has been one of the most intriguing characters this season for my money.

Highly intelligent, seen it all, an absolute master of conversation (Hi Tyrion), her mind is as fast as a whip, mysterious, has no fear of men. I could go on. She is an amazing character, and the actor playing her executes flawlessly.

I look forward to her scenes as she is so on top of it. No bullshit , or tip-toeing around 'nice-ities', just pure wisdom and logic that floors everyone (I love her focus on content rather than social tip-toeing), well except Tywin cos he knows he had the final 'call' regarding Loras and Cersei as he is 'the kings hand'. Even still she still knew how to push Tywins buttons and had no problem sparring with him.

Tywin/Charles Dance is in fine form, he brings another level regarding acting class. Such a complicated character that Dance plays perfectly.


I love Olena, she is just so matriarchal.


YES!

And I love how Tywin is presented too!
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
May 07 2013 07:01 GMT
#15758
I hated the detail of the torture in this episode, it haunted me for a few hours, made me feel horrible. :S
.
And Loras might as well be bi-sexual instead of gay, we don't know that do we?
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 07 2013 07:08 GMT
#15759
On May 07 2013 16:01 frontliner2 wrote:
I hated the detail of the torture in this episode, it haunted me for a few hours, made me feel horrible. :S
.
And Loras might as well be bi-sexual instead of gay, we don't know that do we?


I mean the guy is talking about the wedding and how much hes dreamed of having one with all the fancy stuff, including "fringed" dresses. If he's not gay then idk what is.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
rrdz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States20 Posts
May 07 2013 07:14 GMT
#15760
On May 07 2013 15:38 plogamer wrote:
Yeah, Baelish's dialogue on the climb was well presented. But I still don't like the character. I still stand by Varys on how Baelish would prefer to sit on a throne even if the kingdom was in ashes. I couldn't let the poor peasants burn in price for my ambitions. :\

canadian join the dark side
Prev 1 786 787 788 789 790 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2498
GuemChi 708
Leta 162
Snow 94
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 35
Bale 31
Noble 15
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
febbydoto23
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox413
Mew2King57
Other Games
summit1g7209
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0282
Sick135
ViBE91
Trikslyr34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2144
League of Legends
• Lourlo1271
• Stunt433
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 50m
Patches Events
10h 50m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.