• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:11
CEST 21:11
KST 04:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8994 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 77

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
April 25 2011 05:33 GMT
#1521
OMG. I had a HUGE nerd-gasm when

+ Show Spoiler +
Bran's direwolf killed the assassin. I'm so pumped right now omg.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
April 25 2011 05:36 GMT
#1522
I liked ep02 more than 01 :D

Hopefully it keeps going with this level
Moderator<:3-/-<
Pondo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia283 Posts
April 25 2011 05:40 GMT
#1523
Really enjoying it so far but theres so many characters I really fking hate. And only a few I really like.
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 25 2011 05:40 GMT
#1524
Pretty good series so far, I'll continue to watch :D

+ Show Spoiler +
Man I really detest that prince oooo I don't like him at all
Gatsbi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1134 Posts
April 25 2011 05:42 GMT
#1525
I haven't read any of the books, but episode 2 was fucking excellent. I can tell this is going to be an amazing series with a great, deep storyline.
"IF WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW IS MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE KNOWN. THEN YOU HAVE NOT KNOWN ANYTHINIG YET." - Rev Kojo Smith
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
April 25 2011 05:42 GMT
#1526
They are doing such an amazing job with making us hate half the cast.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 05:46:30
April 25 2011 05:45 GMT
#1527
guys, no need to spoiler tag what's been aired on tv. Only spoiler tag future events from the books

also, I enjoyed episode 2 much more than the first, I'm getting into it. I already can't wait for seasons 2 and 3
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
April 25 2011 05:49 GMT
#1528
I'm enjoying this. Even more than the books themselves. The disjointed and spread across many characters story isn't all that good for the book format, it's perfect for TV series though.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
April 25 2011 05:56 GMT
#1529
Oh my god, as stated, I really do hate the prince and wish the king had better judgement. Also REALLY looking forward to Bran outing the incest involving the king's wife and brother-in-law.

But atleast I enjoy Bran's direwolf and the dwarf brother (forget his name at the moment), he really brings good comic relief (I hope he doesn't end up being a huge jackass).

Also as stated, highly recommend the series to anyone who hasn't tried it. It will pull you in very quickly.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 06:13:02
April 25 2011 06:05 GMT
#1530
OH MAN, that episode blew me away. I was really disappointed in the pilot but this one ROCKED!

How awesome was the Cat/Assassin/Wolf scene?!

I also like it how + Show Spoiler [Plot Foreshadowing] +
Jaime said he'd rather die than live a cripple
. Can't remember if that part was in the books.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 06:13:41
April 25 2011 06:12 GMT
#1531
On April 25 2011 13:59 Athos wrote:
Who's the dwarf they casted? I remember him from In Bruges. He seems like a really good actor.


You probably recognize him (where I remember him from) the author in Elf who beats up Will Ferrel when hes called an elf.

Definitely one of my favorite characters atm.

edit: forgot to mention the movie
politik
Profile Joined September 2010
409 Posts
April 25 2011 06:54 GMT
#1532
On April 25 2011 14:40 Pondo wrote:
Really enjoying it so far but theres so many characters I really fking hate. And only a few I really like.


Read at your own risk:

+ Show Spoiler +
All the characters you like will die. (Or at least most of them)
maliceee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States634 Posts
April 25 2011 06:57 GMT
#1533
On April 25 2011 13:31 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 13:16 Epithet wrote:
HBO did a fine job on casting these actors. I find myself hating joffrey & 2/3's of the lannisters, and they did a great job of this.



I think all the lannisters are total dicks, but I can see why nerdy tl/the readers of this series identifies with the physically frail but intelligent one. Joffrey is a pretty bad dude too.


I'm really looking forward to the Jon Snow plotline, I can't wait to see more of the white walkers.


+ Show Spoiler +
I really wanted to like Joffrey too, seemed like he was going to be a sweet innocent white knight 13 yo romance kinda dude at first. All he had to do was not assault some random peasant child.


youre so, so wong, and you don't even know why haha.

That wolf scene was more painful than the book. Probably the only part in the book where Martin glossed over and I was glad.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 25 2011 06:59 GMT
#1534
I'm trying to avoid this thread in general, people suck at spoilering certain things. But man Ep 2 is so much better than Ep 1 which was freaking incredible. Even the children are great actors at playing their roles. Each episode just makes me want to read the books even more lol.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
April 25 2011 07:01 GMT
#1535
i really liked the scenes with rob and ned arguing, really well done to both inform the readers of a lot of history, and add more characterization, while staying true to the book. Also really liked the assassin scene w/ bran. The guy just appears out of nowhere..kind of creepy which is exactly how i pictured it while reading.

im less happy about cersei fabricating a story about a first born child that died to try and seem sympathetic (or maybe theyre going with it?) i dont know why they needed that or what it added...

I like the the way the nights watch is joked about/slandered by various characters, it shows jons internal struggle without having him voice it directly.

another solid episode overall imo, and I can see where theyre going now with drogo/dany which is ok i guess.

One small thing I missed at the end though, I wish they wouldve had bran say "His name is summer" upon waking. I know they couldnt show the dream too well, and will probably just reference it later on, but I dont know why they cut off that part :/ maybe to keep with the tone? since lady was just executed, having bran say something positive might distract viewers from the grim tone set near the end of the episode..yeah...but still I wish they couldve thrown it in there somewhere.
aka DragOn[NaS]
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
April 25 2011 07:25 GMT
#1536
Well I figure it's probably because, unlike the book, the show didn't really go into much detail with the wolves. Hell, you don't even know Jon has named his Ghost yet. Bran being unable to decide a name for his until the dream in the book was sort of a big deal, so having him just randomly wake and say "his name is Summer" would probably leave a lot of people confused. That and the name doesn't have much meaning unless you saw the dream. Just my 2 cents.
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
April 25 2011 08:05 GMT
#1537
On April 25 2011 16:01 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
i really liked the scenes with rob and ned arguing, really well done to both inform the readers of a lot of history, and add more characterization, while staying true to the book. Also really liked the assassin scene w/ bran. The guy just appears out of nowhere..kind of creepy which is exactly how i pictured it while reading.

im less happy about cersei fabricating a story about a first born child that died to try and seem sympathetic (or maybe theyre going with it?) i dont know why they needed that or what it added...

I like the the way the nights watch is joked about/slandered by various characters, it shows jons internal struggle without having him voice it directly.

another solid episode overall imo, and I can see where theyre going now with drogo/dany which is ok i guess.

One small thing I missed at the end though, I wish they wouldve had bran say "His name is summer" upon waking. I know they couldnt show the dream too well, and will probably just reference it later on, but I dont know why they cut off that part :/ maybe to keep with the tone? since lady was just executed, having bran say something positive might distract viewers from the grim tone set near the end of the episode..yeah...but still I wish they couldve thrown it in there somewhere.

About the first child story, they might be going with it since
+ Show Spoiler +
all of the "King's" children are blonde, and all previous Bartheon+Lannister children being dark haired (same as the child she's talking about) was a major revelation in the books.
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
April 25 2011 09:20 GMT
#1538
I liked e01, i loved e02.

Even though it startet again with the softcore-dany/drogo-plot which i still find not that interesting (which should change in some episodes ) the whole winterfell-plot (awesome assassination scene) plus the ned/robert dialogue and the arya/joffrey 1vs1 i found nearly perfectly captured.

I cant even say how much i hate joffrey (which in itself is a huge compliment to the actor and those casting directors), i just want to punch him in the face again and again (and again³).
Tyrion continues his awesomeness, cant wait for certain scenes in a couple of episodes.
Ilyn Payne is one scary dude, love it.

For what they changed/left out/addet:

I can live with that cersei/cat dialogue, perhaps some kind of attempt to awake some kind of sympathy with cersei, well if so, as a book reader it clearly wont work, and by the end of the episode even those convinced by the dialogue might change their view.
I fully understand why they left out brans dream. Its a huge risk to include something like that, because a) a good realization would certainly need to be done per CGI which is costly and still has the risk of b) ruining the whole scene/impression on that episode. They can account for that dream in the upcoming episode in whatever way, but i didnt found it hugely important for the series by now.

Hugely excited for the next episode which should include the entrance of littlefinger/varys and some wall-people.

Yeah, this series rocks.
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 09:41:48
April 25 2011 09:40 GMT
#1539
3 questions:

Did they mention why the dwarf followed the bastard to the wall?

Did they kill the butcher's son?

The king Jon mentioned was killed by the dwarf's brother, was that the father of Daenerys?

BTW, I am bothered a bit that they have a 30 year old actor portraying a 14 yo child.
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 09:53:43
April 25 2011 09:46 GMT
#1540
On April 25 2011 18:40 HowardRoark wrote:
3 questions:

Did they mention why the dwarf followed the bastard to the wall?

Did they kill the butcher's son?

The king Jon mentioned was killed by the dwarf's brother, was that the father of Daenerys?

BTW, I am bothered a bit that they have a 30 year old actor portraying a 14 yo child.


1. Yes, they just stated the Dwarf wanted to see/experience the wall. He will not be taking the black. Remember his quote when asked if he would take the black? "The whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock, I just want to piss off the top of the wall"

2. Yes. "He ran. Not fast Enough."

3.Yes

Edit: Added in some more details.

Also, this guys next video is up. It's a person who hasn't read the books who does a video after each episode. Pretty interesting to watch.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2011
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 279
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC124
ZombieGrub85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2011
RotterdaM 908
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 177
RuFF_SC2 152
SteadfastSC 124
ZombieGrub85
UpATreeSC 72
MindelVK 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2942
Shuttle 561
Dewaltoss 104
910 74
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3586
Counter-Strike
fl0m6219
pashabiceps1261
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4281
Liquid`Hasu481
Other Games
Beastyqt775
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck396
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 140
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie781
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 50m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 50m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.