• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7799 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 76

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
April 25 2011 04:29 GMT
#1501
LOVING this. They picked brilliant actors for all the rolls. Especially the Lanisters.

+ Show Spoiler +
I can't wait for the development of Jaimes character through the 2/3/4th series/books. He goes from being one of my most hated characters to my most liked.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
sjh
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada136 Posts
April 25 2011 04:29 GMT
#1502
I thought the second episode was excellent. It did a great job of capturing the atmosphere of the book
Ceterum ceseo Protatem esse delendam
Cataphract
Profile Joined August 2010
United States69 Posts
April 25 2011 04:29 GMT
#1503
I love it so far, but I have two issues.

They casted Robb and Jon to be way too old. They are 14 in the book. They look like they are in their 20s on the show. They have beards! While they casted them too old, they kept Joffery the same age, 12, as he is in the book. Seems kinda weird too me.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 25 2011 04:31 GMT
#1504
Anyone know where I can pick up a dire wolf?
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 04:36:37
April 25 2011 04:31 GMT
#1505
On April 25 2011 13:16 Epithet wrote:
HBO did a fine job on casting these actors. I find myself hating joffrey & 2/3's of the lannisters, and they did a great job of this.



I think all the lannisters are total dicks, but I can see why nerdy tl/the readers of this series identifies with the physically frail but intelligent one. Joffrey is a pretty bad dude too.


I'm really looking forward to the Jon Snow plotline, I can't wait to see more of the white walkers.


+ Show Spoiler +
I really wanted to like Joffrey too, seemed like he was going to be a sweet innocent white knight 13 yo romance kinda dude at first. All he had to do was not assault some random peasant child.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
AUGcodon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada536 Posts
April 25 2011 04:32 GMT
#1506
I thought they upped every stark's age by 3? not sure if joffery is still 12 but he sure looks like it.
2809-8732-2116/ Fighting/ Mienfoo, Tyrogue, Sawk
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
April 25 2011 04:34 GMT
#1507
On April 25 2011 13:31 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 13:16 Epithet wrote:
HBO did a fine job on casting these actors. I find myself hating joffrey & 2/3's of the lannisters, and they did a great job of this.



I think all the lannisters are total dicks, but I can see why nerdy tl/the readers of this series identifies with the physically frail but intelligent one. Joffrey is a pretty bad dude too.


I'm really looking forward to the Jon Snow plotline, I can't wait to see more of the white walkers.



Ouch, semi-insulting the people in this thread isn't cool.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 25 2011 04:35 GMT
#1508
I can see why they did the age upping: for the time meant to be portrayed in the book, the responsibilities kids would have had at young ages are much higher than those we have today. Increasing the age is a good way to visually connect the characters to the amount of responsibility and the actions they take without creating a mental disconnect by seeing 12 year olds killing things.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Cataphract
Profile Joined August 2010
United States69 Posts
April 25 2011 04:36 GMT
#1509
On April 25 2011 13:32 AUGcodon wrote:
I thought they upped every stark's age by 3? not sure if joffery is still 12 but he sure looks like it.


Yeah, Robb did say Rickon is 6, while he is 3 in the book, but keeping Joffery the same age is weird. At least he looks 12 like you said.

Book:

Robb/Jon - 14
Sansa - 11
Arya - 9
Bran - 7
Rickon - 3

Show:

Robb/Jon - 18?
Sansa - 13
Arya - 9? I think she said she was 9 in the first episode
Bran - 7?
Rickon -6
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 25 2011 04:38 GMT
#1510
Bran is 10 I believe. Gets asked in the last scene of the 1st episode.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
April 25 2011 04:54 GMT
#1511
I really really enjoyed episode 2.

Some parts of it made me feel like i was watching the first few minutes of a well scripted porno, but overall, I thought it was excellent.

The failed assassination scene was really good. Two episodes in and I already want certain characters to die as soon as possible (as in, i'm into the show- not that they "annoy" me).
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
April 25 2011 04:59 GMT
#1512
Who's the dwarf they casted? I remember him from In Bruges. He seems like a really good actor.
Acadea
Profile Joined February 2011
United States41 Posts
April 25 2011 05:06 GMT
#1513
On April 25 2011 13:59 Athos wrote:
Who's the dwarf they casted? I remember him from In Bruges. He seems like a really good actor.


Peter Dinklage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Dinklage
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
April 25 2011 05:08 GMT
#1514
As a huge fan of the book series I was really worried they would stuff up the TV adaption somehow. So far I have been extremely happy with how good it has all gone.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
SergioCQH
Profile Joined October 2010
United States143 Posts
April 25 2011 05:13 GMT
#1515
Peter Dinklage was not in "In Bruges." That was Jordan Prentice.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 25 2011 05:19 GMT
#1516
So... there's a lot of books... Is this going to be seven seasons long? I would kinda like that, a slow-moving show that I can follow for several years like Lost. Fast-pacing and winding up stories quickly and without cliffhangers is overrated.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
April 25 2011 05:25 GMT
#1517
On April 25 2011 13:29 SpectralFremen wrote:
LOVING this. They picked brilliant actors for all the rolls. Especially the Lanisters.

+ Show Spoiler +
I can't wait for the development of Jaimes character through the 2/3/4th series/books. He goes from being one of my most hated characters to my most liked.


+ Show Spoiler +
Agree with you there. And I think the actor for Jaime is PERFECT
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
April 25 2011 05:26 GMT
#1518
I'm brand new to the story and I'm loving it so far. I think the casting is almost perfect. For the most part it's great and where it's not... it's just off by a little. I've only listened to the first few chapters of the audiobook and I think I'm just going to watch the show instead. There are other books I'm currently reading.

But I think the king was described a much more imposing figure. Even though he gained weight, I got the impression that he was supposed to be taller than Eddard Stark. Also, I agree with people about the age difference between the sons. I think the king's son was supposed to be 12, but look just as old as the other boys which annoyed them.
Riyomori
Profile Joined July 2009
Singapore316 Posts
April 25 2011 05:30 GMT
#1519
On April 25 2011 14:13 SergioCQH wrote:
Peter Dinklage was not in "In Bruges." That was Jordan Prentice.


damn always thought it was dinklage!
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
April 25 2011 05:32 GMT
#1520
On April 25 2011 14:30 Riyomori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 14:13 SergioCQH wrote:
Peter Dinklage was not in "In Bruges." That was Jordan Prentice.


damn always thought it was dinklage!


I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4310
Dewaltoss 204
Bale 26
Terrorterran 13
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm260
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14014
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo968
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.