• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7773 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 66 67 68 Next
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 06:23:29
April 19 2013 22:21 GMT
#41
Hello, yesterday I hear some great rop song on radio, however I dont know what is the name of that song. Maybe it is stupid but I only remember that there was something about "metronome" in chorus : P I hope you can help me.

edit: nvm, found it by myself, it is Flobots-No Handlebars
Be the change you want to see in the world.
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 05:56:55
April 20 2013 05:53 GMT
#42
yo, im big hip hop fan.
heres some fly stuff
Madvillain - Figaro
De la soul w/ MF DOOM - Rock co kane flow
Biggie - Party and bullshit
Immortal Tech - Eyes in the sky
raekwon - wu gambinos hidden chamber version
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
TNK
Profile Joined November 2011
United States163 Posts
April 20 2013 22:44 GMT
#43
What do you guys think of Kanye West specifically his albums The College dropout, Late Registration, and My Beautiful Dark Twist Fantasy? I know he is a massive asshole but I think he may have made some of the best Hip Hop albums around.
Yes my name is ironic.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 20 2013 22:50 GMT
#44

Truthfully either that or


Are pretty much the best rap songs in my eyes.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
TNK
Profile Joined November 2011
United States163 Posts
April 20 2013 22:52 GMT
#45
Also have you guys ever heard of Death Grips? They are an Hip hop group that are heavily inspired by electronic music and have some slight metal inspiration. Here are some of there tracks.

Death Grips - Get Got

Death Grips - Hacker

Death Grips - I've Seen Footage

Death Grips - No Love
Yes my name is ironic.
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
April 21 2013 18:35 GMT
#46
Death Grips is pretty cool but they are extremely hard to get into imo. They are definitely not for everybody. And on the topic of Kanye West, the guy has made some of the greatest hip hop albums of the past decade. However you may feel about him personally there is no denying that the man is extremely talented
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
April 21 2013 18:48 GMT
#47
What if Kanye West is Retarded?

Anyways my personal favourite is Tonedeff. He can be fast (like here in Heavyweight) but he's way more versatile than that (like Masochist or No Hope.
Ubiquitousdichotomy
Profile Joined January 2013
247 Posts
April 21 2013 18:53 GMT
#48
These are the only 2 hip-hop rap song I have ever enjoyed listening to:

Skee-lo - I Wish


Biz Markie - Just a Friend
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 21:18:26
April 21 2013 21:07 GMT
#49
I'll link one of my favorites that I doubt most people have heard of.

Omar LinX


Also to comment on the poster above me, Just a Friend is amazing in every way shape and form.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
April 21 2013 21:22 GMT
#50
On April 21 2013 07:44 TNK wrote:
What do you guys think of Kanye West specifically his albums The College dropout, Late Registration, and My Beautiful Dark Twist Fantasy? I know he is a massive asshole but I think he may have made some of the best Hip Hop albums around.

I fucking love Kanye West's music, though my favourite album by him is probably Graduation, it was the first hip hop album I ever got into or bought. All of the above are incredible though.


Also to the guys talking about Death Grips, I could never get into them. I know that they are supposed to be pretty challenging to listen to, but I've never just sat down and listened to an album by them all the way through, multiple times.

Right now i've been listening to Big K.R.I.T.'s new mixtape, King Remembered in Time, and Kendrick Lamar's last mix tape before Section 80 and him blowing up, O(verly) D(edicated)

King Remembered in Time is pretty much universally great, from the bangers to a lot of more mellow songs, which I actually prefer overall. He has a great touch for samples (he produces all his own songs, bar 1 on this mixtape)

Life is a Gamble, Banana Clip Theory and REM are my 3 favorites right now, but really the whole album is great.

OD is a bit more a mixed bag. Its got some absolutely incredible songs (The Heart Pt.2 may be one of the best songs Kendrick has ever put out, like all of his The Heart series songs), and some really bad ones.

Its an early mixtape from him though, nothing to compared to Section 80 or good kid, m.A.A.d. city, but its free on datpiff and other places, and definitely worth a listen.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 21:35:31
April 21 2013 21:31 GMT
#51
On April 21 2013 07:44 TNK wrote:
What do you guys think of Kanye West specifically his albums The College dropout, Late Registration, and My Beautiful Dark Twist Fantasy? I know he is a massive asshole but I think he may have made some of the best Hip Hop albums around.


His albums are really good. He definitely has talent, but it's hard to show it when he gets so much heat from others.

+ Show Spoiler +
Milkshake freestyle (Kanye + Common) They killed it!
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
April 21 2013 21:33 GMT
#52


Touhou hiphop.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
April 21 2013 21:42 GMT
#53
On April 22 2013 06:07 KillerSOS wrote:
I'll link one of my favorites that I doubt most people have heard of.

Omar LinX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR8teWbdrKY

Also to comment on the poster above me, Just a Friend is amazing in every way shape and form.


Omar Linx is great, better when partnered with Zed's Dead.

Jedi Mind Tricks

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 21:53:50
April 21 2013 21:51 GMT
#54
On April 22 2013 06:22 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 07:44 TNK wrote:
What do you guys think of Kanye West specifically his albums The College dropout, Late Registration, and My Beautiful Dark Twist Fantasy? I know he is a massive asshole but I think he may have made some of the best Hip Hop albums around.

I fucking love Kanye West's music, though my favourite album by him is probably Graduation, it was the first hip hop album I ever got into or bought. All of the above are incredible though.

Graduation was a pretty big fluff piece imo. It's one of his albums that appeals to the mainstream and not too many tracks that are actually significant.
College Dropout and Late Registration imo probably set the bar for mainstream alt hiphop in the past decade. Yeezy will never make another album like either again, unfortunately.
I mean, sure, MBDTF was a great material and probably aoty, but for some reason I was never that impressed with the album as I was with his earlier works. I'd probably rank it a tiny bit under Late Registration.
I think part of the reason why I found it underwhelming was because most of the tracks had already been released or partially released several months earlier through his GOOD Friday campaign.

On April 22 2013 06:22 MCDayC wrote:
Also to the guys talking about Death Grips, I could never get into them. I know that they are supposed to be pretty challenging to listen to, but I've never just sat down and listened to an album by them all the way through, multiple times.

Right now i've been listening to Big K.R.I.T.'s new mixtape, King Remembered in Time, and Kendrick Lamar's last mix tape before Section 80 and him blowing up, O(verly) D(edicated)

King Remembered in Time is pretty much universally great, from the bangers to a lot of more mellow songs, which I actually prefer overall. He has a great touch for samples (he produces all his own songs, bar 1 on this mixtape)

Life is a Gamble, Banana Clip Theory and REM are my 3 favorites right now, but really the whole album is great.

OD is a bit more a mixed bag. Its got some absolutely incredible songs (The Heart Pt.2 may be one of the best songs Kendrick has ever put out, like all of his The Heart series songs), and some really bad ones.

Its an early mixtape from him though, nothing to compared to Section 80 or good kid, m.A.A.d. city, but its free on datpiff and other places, and definitely worth a listen.

As for DeathGrips they're kind of an acquired taste, it certainly takes a while to edge into them, and I'm still not a fan.
Return of 4eva was probably my favorite mixtape of 2011; technically Section 80 was an indie album so I really don't count that as a mixtape or else it would've been a tie between the two. Section 80 was almost like a testing bed for GKMC; it really set the tone and bar for his entrance into the limelight.
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to listen to Big KRIT's new stuff yet.

On another tangent, I'm a big fan of Big Boi's solo albums. I wouldn't necessarily say that they're exclusively hip-hop because the overwhelming emphasis on solid production and beats on both Sir Luscious Left Foot and Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors probably places the albums squarely within the pop realm, but they're still excellent releases and a demonstration of why, even as a part of Outkast, he was able to hold his own with Andre 3000.
Speaking of growth, I think Childish Gambino has grown a lonnnnnngggggggg way since his earliest mixtapes. He still has a ways to go, but he still has a lot of potential.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 22:03:51
April 21 2013 22:03 GMT
#55
On April 22 2013 06:51 andyrau wrote:

Graduation was a pretty big fluff piece imo. It's one of his albums that appeals to the mainstream and not too many tracks that are actually significant.
College Dropout and Late Registration imo probably set the bar for mainstream alt hiphop in the past decade. Yeezy will never make another album like either again, unfortunately.
I mean, sure, MBDTF was a great material and probably aoty, but for some reason I was never that impressed with the album as I was with his earlier works. I'd probably rank it a tiny bit under Late Registration.
I think part of the reason why I found it underwhelming was because most of the tracks had already been released or partially released several months earlier through his GOOD Friday campaign.

wow MBDTF under late registration? maybe i owe LR another listen but I thought it the former was out of this world. mostly because i like the style and sound better personally, and his take on the contemporary shit (similar to WTT) is just >>>>>>>. i like his confidence and braggaciado. i should listen to more childish gambino but i never liked what i heard

Speaking of, A$ap rocky's album is very good if you're into that. I mean, it's not the best thing ever but he switches styles like no other.

also i'm not big into underground rap like this thread/most internet discussions seem to be. not to jump on an old discussion but it just kinda bores me most of the time. maybe because they're mostly up and coming and aren't developed, but even immortal tech is just meh to me. case in point, i like Take Care drake better than Room for Improvement drake. maybe its just me

and to jump in on this

On April 16 2013 01:55 MCDayC wrote:
Whats also worth noting is that mainstream hip hop is also at its least explicit its ever been. Its still has its bastions of stupidity, but relative to even 10 years ago hip hop is far less homophobic, and far less likely to promote gangsterisms. Sexism is still a major issue, and still makes otherwise good commerical cringe worthy, in general mainstream hip hop is definitely making improvemetns.

i feel that a lot of that has to do with the fact that a lot of rappers are coming up on the internet and havent been involved in gangs and the like. theres still a lot of trash out there though
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Ubiquitousdichotomy
Profile Joined January 2013
247 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 22:08:40
April 21 2013 22:08 GMT
#56
On April 20 2013 07:21 Netto. wrote:
Hello, yesterday I hear some great rop song on radio, however I dont know what is the name of that song. Maybe it is stupid but I only remember that there was something about "metronome" in chorus : P I hope you can help me.

edit: nvm, found it by myself, it is Flobots-No Handlebars


Flobots are not hip-hip or rap. They have a violinist in the band ffs. If anything they are indie/alternate rock
CaptainInsano
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada6 Posts
April 21 2013 22:30 GMT
#57
Eminem anyone? haha hardly anyone has mentioned him


Pac of course


Nas too, Illmatic is beast


I don't listen to that much underground stuff, Immortal Technique is solid, same with Army of the Pharaohs
The only OP race is Korean
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
April 21 2013 23:14 GMT
#58
On April 22 2013 07:03 Juliette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 06:51 andyrau wrote:

Graduation was a pretty big fluff piece imo. It's one of his albums that appeals to the mainstream and not too many tracks that are actually significant.
College Dropout and Late Registration imo probably set the bar for mainstream alt hiphop in the past decade. Yeezy will never make another album like either again, unfortunately.
I mean, sure, MBDTF was a great material and probably aoty, but for some reason I was never that impressed with the album as I was with his earlier works. I'd probably rank it a tiny bit under Late Registration.
I think part of the reason why I found it underwhelming was because most of the tracks had already been released or partially released several months earlier through his GOOD Friday campaign.

wow MBDTF under late registration? maybe i owe LR another listen but I thought it the former was out of this world. mostly because i like the style and sound better personally, and his take on the contemporary shit (similar to WTT) is just >>>>>>>. i like his confidence and braggaciado. i should listen to more childish gambino but i never liked what i heard

Speaking of, A$ap rocky's album is very good if you're into that. I mean, it's not the best thing ever but he switches styles like no other.


On the topic of Rocky's album it falls off hard as fuck after 1 Train with the only real standouts being Jodye, Ghetto Symphony and Angels. Also I've never hated a song as much as I hate Hell. That song is absolutely god awful.



Also I cannot stop listening to King Remembered In Time. It's just so amazing
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Ubiquitousdichotomy
Profile Joined January 2013
247 Posts
April 21 2013 23:28 GMT
#59
Well I just learned Tom Hanks oldest son is a Professional Rapper. Straight for the mean streets of Beverly Hills California!
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:41:47
April 21 2013 23:40 GMT
#60
On April 22 2013 08:14 Skullflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 07:03 Juliette wrote:
On April 22 2013 06:51 andyrau wrote:

Graduation was a pretty big fluff piece imo. It's one of his albums that appeals to the mainstream and not too many tracks that are actually significant.
College Dropout and Late Registration imo probably set the bar for mainstream alt hiphop in the past decade. Yeezy will never make another album like either again, unfortunately.
I mean, sure, MBDTF was a great material and probably aoty, but for some reason I was never that impressed with the album as I was with his earlier works. I'd probably rank it a tiny bit under Late Registration.
I think part of the reason why I found it underwhelming was because most of the tracks had already been released or partially released several months earlier through his GOOD Friday campaign.

wow MBDTF under late registration? maybe i owe LR another listen but I thought it the former was out of this world. mostly because i like the style and sound better personally, and his take on the contemporary shit (similar to WTT) is just >>>>>>>. i like his confidence and braggaciado. i should listen to more childish gambino but i never liked what i heard

Speaking of, A$ap rocky's album is very good if you're into that. I mean, it's not the best thing ever but he switches styles like no other.


On the topic of Rocky's album it falls off hard as fuck after 1 Train with the only real standouts being Jodye, Ghetto Symphony and Angels. Also I've never hated a song as much as I hate Hell. That song is absolutely god awful.



Also I cannot stop listening to King Remembered In Time. It's just so amazing

Hell, Fashion Killa, and Suddenly are pretty meh. I'd say even Pain is pretty meh too. But 11/15 not meh songs is pretty good with me.

On April 22 2013 08:28 Ubiquitousdichotomy wrote:
Well I just learned Tom Hanks oldest son is a Professional Rapper. Straight for the mean streets of Beverly Hills California!
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOCdJS9Hk8

+ Show Spoiler +

so is Tommy Hilfiger's son, though its more RnB than rap
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10399
JimRising 845
WinterStarcraft333
ViBE103
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush711
• Lourlo351
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 9m
INu's Battles
9h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 9m
Replay Cast
20h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.