• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8097 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 67

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 02 2019 02:03 GMT
#1321
--- Nuked ---
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 03 2019 21:12 GMT
#1322
Well I wouldn't call RATM rap/metal. I was thinking more like Linkin Park, Brokencyde, that sort of crappy stuff.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-07 08:59:38
November 07 2019 08:59 GMT
#1323
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-07 10:45:03
November 07 2019 10:43 GMT
#1324
On November 07 2019 17:59 Falling wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYU6YxrcI4w


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf5DXX2z1A


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.


Realizing they were a Christian band pretty much ruined POD for me. I still like Youth of the Nation though, unfortunately relevant as it is still.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-08 02:27:22
November 08 2019 02:26 GMT
#1325
On November 07 2019 19:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2019 17:59 Falling wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYU6YxrcI4w


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf5DXX2z1A


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.


Realizing they were a Christian band pretty much ruined POD for me. I still like Youth of the Nation though, unfortunately relevant as it is still.

Why? Did the quality of the music change retroactively? Did their lyrics degrade once you knew their identity post hoc?

But yeah- love Youth of the Nation. Gave me shivers the first few times I heard it.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-08 02:57:00
November 08 2019 02:47 GMT
#1326
On November 08 2019 11:26 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2019 19:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On November 07 2019 17:59 Falling wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYU6YxrcI4w


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf5DXX2z1A


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.


Realizing they were a Christian band pretty much ruined POD for me. I still like Youth of the Nation though, unfortunately relevant as it is still.

Why? Did the quality of the music change retroactively? Did their lyrics degrade once you knew their identity post hoc?

But yeah- love Youth of the Nation. Gave me shivers the first few times I heard it.


Not the music but the lyrics sorta did. Without diving down an off-topic rabbit hole it turned it into Christian propaganda rather than a megaphone of my angst. (Didn't have a good relationship with church/Christianity growing up)

Southtown is an example of what I'm talking about with liking the music but not the lyrics knowing they were a Christian band.

I kinda saw them as posers, but I never bothered to look further into their personal backstories so that probably isn't fair to them.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
November 08 2019 03:21 GMT
#1327
Mad industrial noise rap:

RIP Meatloaf <3
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 08 2019 04:09 GMT
#1328
Oh yeah, clipping. is pretty great! Inside Out is probably my favourite by them but the whole album is awesome. Thanks for letting me know they have a new album out!
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 08 2019 04:10 GMT
#1329
On November 07 2019 17:59 Falling wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYU6YxrcI4w


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf5DXX2z1A


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.

Sorry, I meant that it was normally crappy. There was a TON of terrible rap/metal in the early-mid 2000s. I wouldn't say Linkin Park is crappy either.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-08 09:29:08
November 08 2019 05:38 GMT
#1330
On November 08 2019 11:47 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2019 11:26 Falling wrote:
On November 07 2019 19:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On November 07 2019 17:59 Falling wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call them crappy because I think they are really quite good, but I think P.O.D used to be in that rap/metal category. (My profile pic is still of P.O.D.)

They're still kicking out good music, but not too much of has actual rap I don't think.

Really catch song from four years ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYU6YxrcI4w


Or from a year ago:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf5DXX2z1A


I guess Rockin' With the Best still has the rap/metal vibe.


Realizing they were a Christian band pretty much ruined POD for me. I still like Youth of the Nation though, unfortunately relevant as it is still.

Why? Did the quality of the music change retroactively? Did their lyrics degrade once you knew their identity post hoc?

But yeah- love Youth of the Nation. Gave me shivers the first few times I heard it.


Not the music but the lyrics sorta did. Without diving down an off-topic rabbit hole it turned it into Christian propaganda rather than a megaphone of my angst. (Didn't have a good relationship with church/Christianity growing up)

Southtown is an example of what I'm talking about with liking the music but not the lyrics knowing they were a Christian band.

I kinda saw them as posers, but I never bothered to look further into their personal backstories so that probably isn't fair to them.

Propaganda is a pretty loaded word. I disagree, but I don't know if I could convince you otherwise. (I love Southtown- that album had so many great tracks, including that jam session after four minutes of silence, back when 'hidden' songs used to be a thing. Haha.)

As for posers- I don't know that they've pretended to be who they are not. The singer Sonny Sandoval was a son of immigrant parents three exits from the border, parents getting in trouble from police for selling drugs. He's pretty low-key/ vague on his youth "we're typical teenagers. We were getting high getting into trouble, doing illegal things, but it didn't seem out of the norm, it just what your do, you know. But I was never, like- never thought of myself like a bad person. I wasn't trying to be a bad guy or a tough guy or a criminal or anything like that." Later "I tried to stay out of trouble, but I rolled with a big pack so trouble seemed to find us."
So I dunno- seems he grew up in a rougher neighbourhood, but he's not trying to flex about some sort of street cred- he keeps it vague and and just sort of it was what it was for growing up.
But he grew up listening to reggae music and later he really got into the hardcore scene- for that he went because he could "pit and get into fights, listen to crazy music and let it all go". It follows then that when he turned around to make music for his own band, it would have that reggae and hardcore influence.

@WarSame
Oh good- I like some Linkin Park too.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-10 02:46:50
November 10 2019 02:46 GMT
#1331
Back on topic:
Chali 2na has another song out for a while.
+ Show Spoiler +



Chali's always on point, but I really like the background music what with the piano and horns- but I'm a sucker for trumpets
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
June 05 2020 05:35 GMT
#1332
I can keep going, but these are so relevant now.




Life?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
June 05 2020 06:51 GMT
#1333
Definitely listening to some music lately and think there's tons of good stuff that relates. I gotta add a couple. Few more relevant artists for me than Dead Prez right now so I'll go with a classic and an underrated hit imo.



"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-07 00:52:35
June 06 2020 23:44 GMT
#1334


And of course

This is another good one love me some O.C

Life?
Return
Profile Joined June 2005
Ivory Coast859 Posts
June 10 2020 15:44 GMT
#1335
Anyone down with the new Ka album?
Diiiscoo-oh, thats where the happy people go!
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
June 10 2020 18:08 GMT
#1336
Never heard of Ka. Listened to the K-os album Boshido when it dropped and I like it. I'm a fan of his anyway so...
The new RTJ album was also really good, especially for the days we find ourselves living in. Trying to remind myself to listen to the new King Los mixtapes as well at some point.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-12 23:37:22
August 12 2020 23:34 GMT
#1337
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 18 2020 01:19 GMT
#1338
--- Nuked ---
Theded
Profile Joined September 2020
Australia2 Posts
September 02 2020 10:46 GMT
#1339
--- Nuked ---
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 31 2020 23:54 GMT
#1340
MF Doom passed away this past Halloween. He was 49.
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft471
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft471
WinterStarcraft206
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 471
White-Ra 163
Noble 84
Hyuk 60
NaDa 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4278
Counter-Strike
taco 216
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor749
Other Games
summit1g7842
FrodaN1754
Coldzera 824
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0325
KnowMe156
ViBE69
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS56
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21018
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 7m
Online Event
10h 7m
FEL
15h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.