• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 65

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
September 04 2018 15:42 GMT
#1281
Lmao, the surprise album is way better than the last "real" album. Way to go Em!

I wonder if he will ignore or bury MGK.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 04 2018 22:10 GMT
#1282
On September 05 2018 00:34 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
But we can agree that a lot of the new stuff is pure shit from a lyrical standpoint.


It is, it really is, but the beats are ridiculous. The style is alright too (thinking Future) but it's like they are recording the bullshit drunk freestyles putting them on a dope beat and trying to call it a song imo. That's not always a bad thing but it seems like all they do.

Still mad about Teriyaki 69 ruining get the strap.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
September 04 2018 23:42 GMT
#1283


Musicus he's going to bury MGK imo.
Life?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 05 2018 02:26 GMT
#1284
On September 05 2018 08:42 ShoCkeyy wrote:
https://twitter.com/bizarresworld/status/1036667679216685056

Musicus he's going to bury MGK imo.


Finally listened to it, hard to imagine Em not going in on him for that. But you gotta love a diss track where the guy calls you the goat and puts you in everyones top 10.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 07 2018 22:07 GMT
#1285
RIP Mac Miller, not a surprise, but still sad.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 08 2018 02:42 GMT
#1286
Saw that earlier. I was just looking at his album and wondering if I should give it a listen.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 08 2018 02:58 GMT
#1287
On September 08 2018 11:42 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Saw that earlier. I was just looking at his album and wondering if I should give it a listen.


Not terrible, but not really my type of music imo.

He had some tracks I really liked though like this one.



But when you listen it's also clear why it wasn't a surprise for me.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
DYSFPUgz
Profile Joined September 2018
1 Post
September 08 2018 05:57 GMT
#1288
I'm a Loony Toon thats worse than Bugs Bunny
you could catch me buzzed like a bee around ya honey
people who tried to mess wit me are straight up dummys
and these rappers aint comedians but they wack drops are
funny and ayo I'll never crank a Supaman cos I never bought a comic everytime I get sick with my raps I'll make you vomit
I’m a lyricist watch out cos all the queers get hit
them dudes doin' stunts on that Fear Factor show is fearin this so get Sonic and knuckle up I love girls wit bubble buts
I aint R.Kelly but the kid gotta doubled up
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
September 14 2018 19:51 GMT
#1289


It's done, MGK is burying himself as we speak.
Life?
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 14 2018 21:53 GMT
#1290
Maaaaannnnn...I dunno. I liked the flow but the substance was not what I wanted from Em.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-14 23:08:09
September 14 2018 22:47 GMT
#1291
On September 15 2018 06:53 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Maaaaannnnn...I dunno. I liked the flow but the substance was not what I wanted from Em.


He sonned em. Literally.

I think Em could have went harder but he wanted to drop something sooner than later. The main thing that sets Em apart is his rhyme schemes though. So much new rap is AABB or ABAB or just AAAAAAAAAAA, that Em has so much variation even in individual songs are what lifts him above most popular rappers (save your k-dot's and coles)

Em says he doesn't subliminal but all the nut and dick talk was definitely about rumors that Diddy is like Baby in that they exploited their position for sexual opportunities.

Basically that MGK had to gargle diddy dick to get the little shine he's got.

Should've went with his gut imo
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 15 2018 03:18 GMT
#1292
That's what I mean. Just be straight up. I guess I'm still spoiled from Pac vs Biggie or Nas vs Jay Z.

MGK did his thing no doubt. Em bodied. But it felt...not right. Does that make sense?
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
September 15 2018 04:10 GMT
#1293
On September 15 2018 12:18 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
That's what I mean. Just be straight up. I guess I'm still spoiled from Pac vs Biggie or Nas vs Jay Z.

MGK did his thing no doubt. Em bodied. But it felt...not right. Does that make sense?


Yeah it wasn't canibitch, but it feels like what the game needed more than a canibitch imo.

I still listen to Hit em Up to get hype though and I probably wont listen to either Rap Devil or Killshot 5 years from now so I know what you're saying.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17886 Posts
September 15 2018 04:29 GMT
#1294
who originated rap? where do it start? how did it spread initially?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
September 15 2018 05:26 GMT
#1295
Depends, the question can get deeper than that, like is it rap that you're looking for, or hip hop? If you want to really know, you can thank all the DJ's and MC's back in the early 70's for starting "hip hop". But some people will say it started in the 20's with Charley Patton, some people will say it started with DJ Kool Herc, then RAP, rap, mostly started with Eazy-E, NWA, Run DMC (which was also hiphop).
Life?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 15 2018 14:34 GMT
#1296
Rap started as MCing for block parties in the Bronx in the 70s after black people moved North in the 60s and 70s. The first popular rap song is Rapper's Delight. It spread as more and more people liked it.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17886 Posts
September 16 2018 18:58 GMT
#1297
On September 15 2018 23:34 WarSame wrote:
Rap started as MCing for block parties in the Bronx in the 70s after black people moved North in the 60s and 70s. The first popular rap song is Rapper's Delight. It spread as more and more people liked it.


would Cassius Clay's 1960s banter be considered rap?

"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 16 2018 19:01 GMT
#1298
It could be considered rap. Before it became commercialized, the culture was already there. Rap is the product. Hip hop is the culture.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 16 2018 21:50 GMT
#1299
Yeah, ZerOCoolSC2 is right. Interestingly, there is also a broader genre of music called hip hop(as opposed to strictly rap, which is a subcomponent) with more emphasis on beats and instrumentals, such as Endtroducing.

Also rap I think has to be over a beat of some kind. If Muhammad Ali had slapped his chest or something to form a beat it would have been rap.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 18 2018 19:12 GMT
#1300
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 912
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 331
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48978
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1342
EffOrt 1106
Soma 646
Mini 580
Hyuk 561
BeSt 473
Light 435
Larva 383
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
ZerO 227
Mong 91
910 82
Leta 74
Sea.KH 57
Pusan 52
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 44
firebathero 42
Mind 34
Sexy 34
JYJ 32
Aegong 29
Yoon 23
Bale 23
Terrorterran 16
Trap 16
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1379
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee192
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS111
KnowMe79
djWHEAT79
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 36
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur70
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 34m
Online Event
20h 34m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.