• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:32
CEST 21:32
KST 04:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8987 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 63

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 68 Next
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
June 21 2017 04:39 GMT
#1241
Sad day in Hip Hop. He was a beast. I have to find his last album, never got around to listening to it.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
June 21 2017 13:06 GMT
#1242
Zero, Spotify has it, came out this year Hegelian Dialectic, it's pretty dope. I enjoyed it, he's definitely not as hype as he once used to be, you can tell in this album he was really thinking about his life.
Life?
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
June 21 2017 14:04 GMT
#1243
On June 21 2017 22:06 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Zero, Spotify has it, came out this year Hegelian Dialectic, it's pretty dope. I enjoyed it, he's definitely not as hype as he once used to be, you can tell in this album he was really thinking about his life.

Thank you. The title escaped me as well, but you came through.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-29 09:26:55
June 29 2017 09:25 GMT
#1244
Well i didn't see this here so here is Windmills(Framework and Rex Rey)

Most of their stuff sounds old east coast influenced rap even though they're modern LA based, alot of syncopation in their songs.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
July 12 2017 02:30 GMT
#1245
Vince Staples opened for the Gorillaz yesterday, and I found out I'm into some more conventional hiphop.

Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
July 17 2017 03:48 GMT
#1246


I just love lil Dicky tbh
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-15 13:44:41
December 15 2017 13:30 GMT
#1247
I think there is a good reason to revive this one.

The new Eminem album, Revival, is out. What are your thoughts?

I will have to listen to it like 5 more times until I can say for sure, but so far I think it's just okay? If it wasn't Eminem I might rate it even lower I guess.

I'm really not sure, it's kinda hard to listen to, a real 50/50 album. I think I would've liked more standard rap beats more, the is no real flow in the album. Everything is sooo different, some songs sound like a poetry slam on beats.

There are some cool songs, especially towards the end of the album, but some features and decisions like using a "I love rock'n roll" hook just baffle me. I think after I listened to it a few more times I'll probably go back the the Marshal Mather LP and Eminem Show :/.

Castle might be my favourite song so far, although it's another "Eminem the daddy" song.

Castle and Arose save this album for me, kind of.

Edit: Believe is growing on me.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 15 2017 14:02 GMT
#1248
This is the best 10 minutes you'll hear for the rest of the year. I promise.

Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-15 14:27:14
December 15 2017 14:27 GMT
#1249
On December 15 2017 23:02 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
This is the best 10 minutes you'll hear for the rest of the year. I promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA

Holy shit, what a legend!

Now I feel like listening to The Roots again.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
December 15 2017 14:35 GMT
#1250
On December 15 2017 22:30 Musicus wrote:
I think there is a good reason to revive this one.

The new Eminem album, Revival, is out. What are your thoughts?

I will have to listen to it like 5 more times until I can say for sure, but so far I think it's just okay? If it wasn't Eminem I might rate it even lower I guess.

I'm really not sure, it's kinda hard to listen to, a real 50/50 album. I think I would've liked more standard rap beats more, the is no real flow in the album. Everything is sooo different, some songs sound like a poetry slam on beats.

There are some cool songs, especially towards the end of the album, but some features and decisions like using a "I love rock'n roll" hook just baffle me. I think after I listened to it a few more times I'll probably go back the the Marshal Mather LP and Eminem Show :/.

Castle might be my favourite song so far, although it's another "Eminem the daddy" song.

Castle and Arose save this album for me, kind of.

Edit: Believe is growing on me.


Not as good as his early work, but I rate it higher than his past 3 albums tbh.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 15 2017 15:07 GMT
#1251
On December 15 2017 23:27 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 23:02 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
This is the best 10 minutes you'll hear for the rest of the year. I promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA

Holy shit, what a legend!

Now I feel like listening to The Roots again.

First time I listened to it, I teared up. I miss good music like this.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
December 15 2017 16:23 GMT
#1252
No doubt, yo the game went they own route
I can't explain what these lame kids is talkembout


"Don't Say Nuthin'" Flex, let the man speak on it!

Really though, I heard MURS defend mumble rap and other stuff and I'm eh, fine it can be "good music" if it's catchy and shit but what Black Thought just did.... that shit right there... it ain't right to put that and "versaci versaci versaci" in the same musical category. It's like a Nursery rhyme compared to Shakespeare or something
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 15 2017 16:56 GMT
#1253
On December 16 2017 01:23 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
No doubt, yo the game went they own route
I can't explain what these lame kids is talkembout


"Don't Say Nuthin'" Flex, let the man speak on it!

Really though, I heard MURS defend mumble rap and other stuff and I'm eh, fine it can be "good music" if it's catchy and shit but what Black Thought just did.... that shit right there... it ain't right to put that and "versaci versaci versaci" in the same musical category. It's like a Nursery rhyme compared to Shakespeare or something

There is a very small number of hip hop artists I listen to these days. Mostly Lo-Fi Hip Hop beats. I can't deal with the mainstream music kids. Black Thought just reminded me why.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
December 16 2017 01:51 GMT
#1254
Just gave Eminem's new album a listen. Kind of disappointed but I think most people expected it to be disappointing. All over the place, really don't like the way he flows and now that Em's gone super political (nothing against that btw), he has to include it in all of his music too, not too much of a fan.

G-Eazy's project however is STELLAR in my books and he really didn't disappoint from WIDO.
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
December 16 2017 18:25 GMT
#1255
from the radio singles I've heard of geazy he always sounds like he's whining
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 16 2017 18:54 GMT
#1256
Have any of you gave Omar Linx a listen? White rapper out of Toronto. Does a lot of singles with Zeds Dead. Give him a listen and let me know what you think? Also, soundcloud AllttA. They're a French duo I think.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
December 16 2017 19:28 GMT
#1257
Pretty sure we've talked about Omar Linx a while back, but what I've heard from him is great.

+ Show Spoiler +
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Jan1997
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Norway671 Posts
December 17 2017 00:41 GMT
#1258
On December 15 2017 22:30 Musicus wrote:
I think there is a good reason to revive this one.

The new Eminem album, Revival, is out. What are your thoughts?

I will have to listen to it like 5 more times until I can say for sure, but so far I think it's just okay? If it wasn't Eminem I might rate it even lower I guess.

I'm really not sure, it's kinda hard to listen to, a real 50/50 album. I think I would've liked more standard rap beats more, the is no real flow in the album. Everything is sooo different, some songs sound like a poetry slam on beats.

There are some cool songs, especially towards the end of the album, but some features and decisions like using a "I love rock'n roll" hook just baffle me. I think after I listened to it a few more times I'll probably go back the the Marshal Mather LP and Eminem Show :/.

Castle might be my favourite song so far, although it's another "Eminem the daddy" song.

Castle and Arose save this album for me, kind of.

Edit: Believe is growing on me.


Like everyone else I think it's difficult to truly rate an album so soon after release but I think this album has good & bad moments.

Like, imho walk on water just feels a little off. It's not hit quality even though I've been told that's what it's supposed to be.

In your head, Offended & Untouchable saves the album from mediocrisy for me at least. I like it, but it's not super good.
Do something today that your future self will be thankful for.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
December 17 2017 01:58 GMT
#1259
I saw that black thought freestyle last night, and it was just amazing.
Life?
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 17 2017 03:26 GMT
#1260
New NERD album is pretty good. Beats are different and the lyrics are okay. I'd give it a listen.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason58
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22309
Mini 376
Dewaltoss 148
Hyuk 146
firebathero 115
ggaemo 83
ZZZero.O 69
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7686
febbydoto20
League of Legends
Doublelift889
Counter-Strike
fl0m1035
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4271
Khaldor1445
crisheroes1070
Liquid`Hasu791
Other Games
summit1g2598
FrodaN2379
Beastyqt789
mouzStarbuck355
KnowMe320
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King58
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1103
BasetradeTV161
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 106
• StrangeGG 42
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8075
• WagamamaTV442
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur266
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 29m
INu's Battles
16h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 29m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.