• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:56
CEST 06:56
KST 13:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7771 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 62

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 68 Next
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 27 2016 18:58 GMT
#1221
On March 03 2016 01:02 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
I need to sleep but I've been pressing repeat on this video for the past 30 minutes.........


Holy shit that beat.

@Puppykiller very interesting indeed, I'll definitely check out some more of his work, thanks for sharing!

Also been listening the shit out of Rockwell Knuckles - Helmet recently...
+ Show Spoiler +




Damn, this is super dope, thanks for sharing!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-27 20:49:42
April 27 2016 20:49 GMT
#1222
On April 28 2016 03:07 jeeeeohn wrote:
One of the most beautiful voices / people in the world; not really rap but I'd put this in the same realm as hip hop / r&b.
My heart stops every time she looks directly into the camera, lol:



Lianne La Havas is incredible. She did a tinydesk concert.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
May 20 2016 04:44 GMT
#1223
You guys been listening to Coloring Book?? Really cool album. Love Chance, everything he does is great.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
May 20 2016 22:00 GMT
#1224
Thought you guys might enjoy this video if you haven't seen it. Lots of classics and for music illiterates like me, I learned a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/Vox/videos/520643354789938/
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
May 26 2016 04:03 GMT
#1225
Thanks for the suggestion WarSame, I'm always down for more La Havas haha.

Was pleasantly surprised that Aesop Rock released a new album last month, I had no idea. It seems to build on the themes introduced in Skelethon (I.E. in the music video for Blood Sandwich, he and his brothers glue together a skeleton model of a gopher, which in the song is revealed to have been an actual gopher bludgeoned to death by their little league coach [or something like that], and is in fact the same gopher skeleton on Skelethon's cover). Overall a very personal album, lot of childhood stuff, etc.

This song in particular--and its accompanying video--is one of his finest songs, imo:

If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
llKyonll
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands39 Posts
May 26 2016 12:19 GMT
#1226
Yeah i really love the new Aesop Rock album! Rings and Blood Sandwich were great but the later tracks (Molecules, Water Tower, Defender) have really started to grow on me as well. I've also started listening to the last Hail Mary Mallon album that he did which is really amazing imo.

Funny fact: The (AMAZING!) beat on Profs - Bar Breaker was actually produced by Aesop. It comes from a cd of random old beats het put out under the projects name 'The Blob'. This was the best beat on there tho.



jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
June 22 2016 22:21 GMT
#1227
So one of my coworkers makes instrumental hip hop, and it's actually not terrible. I suggest giving him a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/iaintevenmad/sets/x-ep/s-ljkzm

Jerryflo and Molliwhopped are my two favorite tracks. I actually don't listen to him to humor him but because I actually think he's pretty good.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-21 01:40:46
August 21 2016 01:40 GMT
#1228
New Frank Ocean album is finally out
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 22 2016 03:43 GMT
#1229
On August 21 2016 10:40 dmnum wrote:
New Frank Ocean album is finally out

how is it?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 22 2016 22:11 GMT
#1230
On June 23 2016 07:21 jeeeeohn wrote:
So one of my coworkers makes instrumental hip hop, and it's actually not terrible. I suggest giving him a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/iaintevenmad/sets/x-ep/s-ljkzm

Jerryflo and Molliwhopped are my two favorite tracks. I actually don't listen to him to humor him but because I actually think he's pretty good.

This was really good.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-23 21:45:29
August 23 2016 21:41 GMT
#1231
On August 22 2016 12:43 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2016 10:40 dmnum wrote:
New Frank Ocean album is finally out

how is it?

I have listened to the album two times only, so my opinion could change, but to me its best moments rival or surpass CHANNEL Orange. It's very different though, some songs are very stripped down(which I like). I really enjoy Nikes and Ivy.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
August 24 2016 03:48 GMT
#1232
haven't listened to it yet as v0 isn't available yet but i heard people are claiming it's worse than channel orange by far

probably just a nostalgia+ Show Spoiler +
ultra
thing
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
August 24 2016 13:04 GMT
#1233


Hype!! This can not possibly be anything other than great. Looking forward to this one.
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-21 05:51:13
September 21 2016 05:49 GMT
#1234
The Constitution and Emancipation Proclamation's just a fuckin' piece of paper


"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
TentatvePnda
Profile Joined November 2016
4 Posts
November 25 2016 08:35 GMT
#1235
Some real good funky vibes offered up by Ice Cube's younger cousin.

www.youtube.com
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 25 2016 23:31 GMT
#1236
Man, Del is pretty famous. You can just say his name I like Deltron 3030, although the rest of the album isn't as good as this.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-07 03:30:03
December 07 2016 03:29 GMT
#1237
Fucking dope song. The Anthem is one of the best beats I've ever heard. Wondering if I should/could strip the voice off and try to rap over it.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
March 18 2017 17:28 GMT
#1238
On September 21 2016 14:49 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
The Constitution and Emancipation Proclamation's just a fuckin' piece of paper


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcw35_saLY


Man I love TI. His flow is so great.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
June 20 2017 19:06 GMT
#1239
R.I.P Prodigy

Life?
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
June 21 2017 02:18 GMT
#1240
RIP to one of the GOATs!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 225
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 27
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Other Games
summit1g8740
WinterStarcraft474
Mew2King78
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1031
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2176
League of Legends
• Rush1369
• Lourlo1079
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 4m
INu's Battles
7h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 4m
Replay Cast
18h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.