• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:40
CEST 00:40
KST 07:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8931 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9384

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9382 9383 9384 9385 9386 10602 Next
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 16:22 GMT
#187661
On March 16 2018 01:19 PoulsenB wrote:
Is Xenoblade the game where even your sword has huge tiddays?

Yep. And all of them call you master. The game is full of fan service, which is cool if your into that.

I am not into that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 16:22 GMT
#187662
On March 16 2018 01:19 intotheheart wrote:
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...

It's a stupidly huge success in Japan

It'll get ton of Japanese games and it's also not region locked, so it will get your VN games probably
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 15 2018 16:29 GMT
#187663
aight so this ninja guy currently has 180k+ subs ok seems about right ok
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 16:34 GMT
#187664
On March 16 2018 01:22 Faruko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 01:19 intotheheart wrote:
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...

It's a stupidly huge success in Japan

It'll get ton of Japanese games and it's also not region locked, so it will get your VN games probably

The switch is so good it is making me look into terrible streaming options for my PS4. Every time I turn on monster hunter, I'm like "What if this was on a hand held".
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 16:43:23
March 15 2018 16:42 GMT
#187665
Who's this ninja guy

On March 16 2018 01:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 01:22 Faruko wrote:
On March 16 2018 01:19 intotheheart wrote:
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...

It's a stupidly huge success in Japan

It'll get ton of Japanese games and it's also not region locked, so it will get your VN games probably

The switch is so good it is making me look into terrible streaming options for my PS4. Every time I turn on monster hunter, I'm like "What if this was on a hand held".

Then it wouldn't be as beautiful
passive quaranstream fan
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 16:46 GMT
#187666
On March 16 2018 01:42 Artisreal wrote:
Who's this ninja guy

Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 01:34 Plansix wrote:
On March 16 2018 01:22 Faruko wrote:
On March 16 2018 01:19 intotheheart wrote:
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...

It's a stupidly huge success in Japan

It'll get ton of Japanese games and it's also not region locked, so it will get your VN games probably

The switch is so good it is making me look into terrible streaming options for my PS4. Every time I turn on monster hunter, I'm like "What if this was on a hand held".

Then it wouldn't be as beautiful

But what if it was being streamed from my PS4 to a nice hand held tablet? Then it would be about as pretty.

Sadly, none of the options are priced in a manner I am willing to pay.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 16:57 GMT
#187667
I love playing on handhelds, i can let my gf watch something on netflix or wathever she likes on the TV while i play Switch

also i'm just 1 button away from putting it on sleep mode and do something else, then i pick it up for another 5-10 minutes and so on.

it's a little feature that allows me to play a lot more than what i did with my pc or ps4
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 17:05 GMT
#187668
Save states are best part of the PS4. Knowing I can pick up right were I was in Horizon Zero Dawn(expansion) makes that game so much more compelling than any PC title I have right now. It is even better on the switch. My wife can play Splatoon while I play Horizion. We played mario cart on our porch because it was nice out. My PC has some good stuff on it, but it is getting harder to convince myself to chill in my office playing Stellaris for hours.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 15 2018 17:19 GMT
#187669
The switch play pause functionality is stellar indeed.
passive quaranstream fan
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
March 15 2018 17:29 GMT
#187670
On March 16 2018 01:14 Plansix wrote:
I feel like LD would be well served by having someone explain this buyback/gold per kill shit in the patch post. Really I think valve should do it, but I am all about small victories.

I made a spreadsheet for it. Valve's explanation was awful, had to do some lobby tests to confirm what I thought. (These #'s are before the multiplication for the hero networth ranking of the team that gets the kill, which can be from .75 to 1.25 of the value given). It's for a level 20 hero right now, and it only applies when a team is behind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzDN0tAuIgBwLEJyAFVREz6AWd2v_syPPJNEzWitevA/edit?usp=sharing
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 15 2018 18:17 GMT
#187671
I watched some gameplay vids of boss fights in xenoblades 2 and it looked like the most boring thing on eartb
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 15 2018 19:12 GMT
#187672
Ok so there's a real possibility that I'll be living in or in the vicinity of Edinburgh from august till new years.

Let's hope it'll pull through!
Though I'm scared of UK living conditions!
passive quaranstream fan
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
March 15 2018 19:25 GMT
#187673
On March 16 2018 03:17 PassiveAce wrote:
I watched some gameplay vids of boss fights in xenoblades 2 and it looked like the most boring thing on eartb

If you're playing a xeno-game for the combat, you're definitely doing it wrong
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 15 2018 19:27 GMT
#187674
On March 16 2018 04:25 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 03:17 PassiveAce wrote:
I watched some gameplay vids of boss fights in xenoblades 2 and it looked like the most boring thing on eartb

If you're playing a xeno-game for the combat, you're definitely doing it wrong

wait what do you play them for, this is a non-troll question
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 15 2018 19:28 GMT
#187675
On March 16 2018 04:27 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 04:25 Nevuk wrote:
On March 16 2018 03:17 PassiveAce wrote:
I watched some gameplay vids of boss fights in xenoblades 2 and it looked like the most boring thing on eartb

If you're playing a xeno-game for the combat, you're definitely doing it wrong

wait what do you play them for, this is a non-troll question

well uh let's see
On March 16 2018 01:19 PoulsenB wrote:
Is Xenoblade the game where even your sword has huge tiddays?

I believe i've solved it
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 15 2018 19:31 GMT
#187676
I'm sure it's 10/10 GOTY.
kiss kiss fall in love
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 19:34:04
March 15 2018 19:33 GMT
#187677
On March 16 2018 04:27 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 04:25 Nevuk wrote:
On March 16 2018 03:17 PassiveAce wrote:
I watched some gameplay vids of boss fights in xenoblades 2 and it looked like the most boring thing on eartb

If you're playing a xeno-game for the combat, you're definitely doing it wrong

wait what do you play them for, this is a non-troll question

They tend to have really good stories with some level of philosophical thought. Though they generally get really whacky later on in the game. Xenogears, the first one, has its second disk cover something like 500 years in a really weird story teller mode - they ran out of time in development.

But it's not unusual for them to suddenly change reality in the last 30 minutes or things along those lines. I still want to play xenosaga at some point, but the intro is really slow and it's painfully hard to emulate.

(Xenoblade 1 had very little fanservice lol, no idea about the swords with tits)
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 19:39:28
March 15 2018 19:34 GMT
#187678
Witcher 3 combat/gameplay was pretty average but it was one of my favorite games of all time. Considering that eieio also quit that game after a couple of hours I'm just gonna assume he HEAVILY favors good gameplay/combat in his games.

Anyway as for a game like Xenoblade or really any JRPG it's more about the overall experience. You have to enjoy the grind (finding blades, exploring everything, doing side shit). You also have to be able to deal with the fact that it's gonna be kinda anime. I'm sure eieio would hate Persona 5 as well.
Administrator
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 15 2018 19:34 GMT
#187679
I feel like I'm living in some fever dream meme timeline, because the Shrek director is collaborating with Death Grips on the new album, then I see this.

I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 19:34 GMT
#187680
The sad part is that it’s a beautiful game with a grand scope, Anime ass plot with characters that are so extra and passable RPG elements. It’s just that a lot of the lady characters look like were birthed directly from a 14 year boy’s mind.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 9382 9383 9384 9385 9386 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
SpeCial 115
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 581
910 27
MaD[AoV]23
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 653
Counter-Strike
fl0m4672
Fnx 611
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox507
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3822
Other Games
summit1g7951
FrodaN599
C9.Mang0246
shahzam119
Trikslyr27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21145
Other Games
• imaqtpie790
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 20m
Patches Events
17h 20m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.