• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7937 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9386

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9384 9385 9386 9387 9388 10602 Next
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 20:28:00
March 15 2018 20:27 GMT
#187701
I'm not really a fan of open world games, i feel they are super boring most of the times

Which speaks volumes of games like Witcher 3 and BoTW because i really really like them, especially botw, what a fucking game.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 20:31:23
March 15 2018 20:28 GMT
#187702
Peoples favorite topics have arrived. Anime and boobs.

On March 16 2018 05:27 Faruko wrote:
I'm not really a fan of open world games, i feel they are super boring most of the times

Which speaks volumes of games like Witcher 3 and BoTW because i really really like them, especially botw, what a fucking game.


Love them. I love it when companies build entire worlds that I get to move through. I don’t play every single one that is released until the end, but I like driving into those huge collaborative works.

I need to finish the new AC game and play the DLC, because I hear all the new stuff is great.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 20:51 GMT
#187703
I really liked Saints Row 3, that game was nuts
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 15 2018 20:52 GMT
#187704
If you see games as a maturing medium for storytelling, TW3 is great by that standard. Likeable cast of memorable characters, writing and scripting from people who clearly cared about the franchise, and an open world that had meaningful side stories in the hidden cracks of the open world, which was a good enough incentive to explore. If you want your games to be driven by complex systems, combat that feels sharp all the way through, and fluent controls, it's mediocre to okay. But I think most people were savvy enough to approach the series in the way it was intended, and enjoyed it much more because of that.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 15 2018 20:59 GMT
#187705
Boy do I wish that I could play a weekend of botw on a big screen.
I've almost exclusively played it in handheld or with the console on my table due to lack of peripherals...

The open world is amazing indeed. I bought the dlc today. Though I hope that the grind for four-staring all the fun sets won't be too boring. I don't see myself earning 10k rupees anytime soon lmao.
passive quaranstream fan
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 21:04 GMT
#187706
I still think gaming overhype some stories just because they are games, like Last of Us.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 15 2018 21:07 GMT
#187707
Despite its awkward gameplay "Vampire: The masquerade - bloodlines" is still one of the best games i've played from a storytelling/atmosphere perspective.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 21:14 GMT
#187708
On March 16 2018 05:52 PhoenixVoid wrote:
If you see games as a maturing medium for storytelling, TW3 is great by that standard. Likeable cast of memorable characters, writing and scripting from people who clearly cared about the franchise, and an open world that had meaningful side stories in the hidden cracks of the open world, which was a good enough incentive to explore. If you want your games to be driven by complex systems, combat that feels sharp all the way through, and fluent controls, it's mediocre to okay. But I think most people were savvy enough to approach the series in the way it was intended, and enjoyed it much more because of that.

One of the smartest parts of the Witcher 3’s narrative is that Geralt is not the “chosen one”, but the parent of the chosen one. He is the mentor character that gets killed in the first 10 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn. A highly skilled working class man that just happens to be the adoptive father of a fantasy hero. The entire story is about him trying to help his daughter, but not through physical skill or killing her enemies(you totally murder her enemies, but not because she needed you to). The story makes it pretty clear that the wild hunt will be hard press to ever truly catch her or hold her if they did catch her. The story is about providing her with guidance and support. But the game goes even farther by rewarding seemingly trivial actions that provide Ciri with emotional support or trusting her judgment.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 15 2018 21:25 GMT
#187709
On March 16 2018 06:07 Unleashing wrote:
Despite its awkward gameplay "Vampire: The masquerade - bloodlines" is still one of the best games i've played from a storytelling/atmosphere perspective.

Love that game because I can't think of many RPGs that put as much effort into making each class feel distinct and uniquely reactive to the world, especially the Nosferatu and Malkavians.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
March 15 2018 21:31 GMT
#187710
Im apparently way more oeoei with my gaming, because i stopped playing tw3 when i fell 10 feet broke both my knees and died. Or shot a gryphon above water and watched it die. Or did 10x my damage while swimming because reasons.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 21:39 GMT
#187711
That game is super buggy and the horse is the bug lord. That dumb thing could get caught on anything.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 21:49:35
March 15 2018 21:45 GMT
#187712
I never made it to the bugs really. Bugs i forgive; those were design choices. Or consequences of a broadened design space.

"Oh fuck, water! What do we do for water combat?"

"Iunno we dont have time, just hack it in somehow, and we'll hope people use the shitty boat instead"

"Yeah but level design keeps putting loot and monsters on riverbeds and shit!"

"...fuck"

Its why horizon felt like a better game to me despite havig what felt like a less interesting narrative. The game design wasn't revolutionary, but it wasn't complete shit.
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 21:51:16
March 15 2018 21:45 GMT
#187713
HERE IT IS

my note from david simon, creator of the wire

wire spoilers
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On March 16 2018 05:52 PhoenixVoid wrote:
If you see games as a maturing medium for storytelling, TW3 is great by that standard. Likeable cast of memorable characters, writing and scripting from people who clearly cared about the franchise, and an open world that had meaningful side stories in the hidden cracks of the open world, which was a good enough incentive to explore. If you want your games to be driven by complex systems, combat that feels sharp all the way through, and fluent controls, it's mediocre to okay. But I think most people were savvy enough to approach the series in the way it was intended, and enjoyed it much more because of that.

I think I've struggled with this because historically most games have had stories that are way worse than the...stories in the books that I read, so why would I play games for their stories? I've tried to be more open to it (see: not skipping cutscenes) but I'm still finding stories in most games to be really bad, and even in games with vaguely interesting stories (HDZ) the acting is bad enough that it's hard to really take things too seriously.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 15 2018 21:51 GMT
#187714
David Simon has some beautiful penmanship.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 15 2018 22:08 GMT
#187715
School Days shits on Breaking Bad

also don't know how I feel about this comeback gold change, I wonder why IF doesn't just remove it completely
remove it with talents and monkey king and you might have something decent again
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 15 2018 22:09 GMT
#187716
I've always wanted to practice my penmanship but even my basic printing is garbage tier. I don't know if I even have the ability so why try
Administrator
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
March 15 2018 22:26 GMT
#187717
On March 16 2018 06:45 eieio wrote:
HERE IT IS

my note from david simon, creator of the wire

wire spoilers
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




WTF how did you get an apology from the creator of the wire? I'm so jelly.
High Risk Low Reward
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 22:45:04
March 15 2018 22:29 GMT
#187718
On March 16 2018 07:26 Spicy_Curry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 06:45 eieio wrote:
HERE IT IS

my note from david simon, creator of the wire

wire spoilers
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




WTF how did you get an apology from the creator of the wire? I'm so jelly.

Gave some money to an organization trying channel money from techies to elect progressive candidates in rural US House districts. See this article.

(I started giving last year but Simon did a thing last week for them so I gave again ^^)

ok he also sent me a twitter message calling me a "good citizen of the republic" I'm dying omg
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 23:10 GMT
#187719
Did anyone played I'm Setsuna or Lost Sphere? Any good? Recommended?
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
March 15 2018 23:57 GMT
#187720
Ho hum,its snowing (and it wont be wierd or unusual for another month) Im sick of snow.

I got gameable internet for the first time in 3 years this winter and have not played a single player game all winter as a result. I've bought like 5 though heh. Im really looking forward to playing botw on the boat during shrimp season though. I hope the switch carries through for me as the solution to gaming during fishing season.

Twitch is bombarding me with God of War adds, and its fucking working because Teal'c voice is so hype rofl.
Prev 1 9384 9385 9386 9387 9388 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9843
Calm 3250
Rain 3072
Hyuk 1497
Bisu 942
Soma 320
Horang2 299
Rush 257
FanTaSy 233
BeSt 222
[ Show more ]
Mong 201
Jaedong 194
Stork 166
Sexy 134
Zeus 75
Mind 72
ZerO 60
ToSsGirL 57
Pusan 52
Mini 34
Killer 34
Barracks 34
Yoon 28
Larva 24
Shinee 24
NaDa 21
sorry 19
Light 18
Noble 16
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4963
Counter-Strike
olofmeister854
byalli682
shoxiejesuss656
edward118
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns45884
singsing1338
ceh9686
dupreeh312
crisheroes206
ZerO(Twitch)3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1666
• Stunt373
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 44m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.