• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:49
CEST 06:49
KST 13:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5613 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9383

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9381 9382 9383 9384 9385 10602 Next
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 15 2018 14:11 GMT
#187641
If it wasnt for the Switch and it's handheld monde i would never realize how awesome Enter the gungeon or Binding of Isaac are, the fact that i can chill in my bed playing those games for 10-15 minutes without having to go through the process of turning on my pc, steam, etc... makes them much more enjoyable
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 15:35 GMT
#187642
On March 15 2018 23:11 Faruko wrote:
If it wasnt for the Switch and it's handheld monde i would never realize how awesome Enter the gungeon or Binding of Isaac are, the fact that i can chill in my bed playing those games for 10-15 minutes without having to go through the process of turning on my pc, steam, etc... makes them much more enjoyable

I like Enter the Gungeon’s gameplay, but its end game is sort of insufferable. It is one of those rogue likes that wants you to go through the game over and over to finish it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 15:37:21
March 15 2018 15:37 GMT
#187643
Should I get a Switch and what are some good games for it apart from Zelda and Mario
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 15 2018 15:39 GMT
#187644
Zelda dlc. Shovel Knight, this one Metroid like game.
passive quaranstream fan
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 15:49 GMT
#187645
Splatoon and Mario cart too. Any indie game is good on that system too.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 15 2018 15:51 GMT
#187646
Hollow Knight still not out for Switch smh
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 15 2018 15:53 GMT
#187647
hmmmm 7.11 patch

position 5 6 7 9 is great again
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 15:54 GMT
#187648
Hollow Knight is beautiful, but I have no patience for its stingy upgrades and meh combat. I might give it another shot on the switch.

Now Dead Cells, there is a fucking game.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 16:03:13
March 15 2018 15:56 GMT
#187649
On March 16 2018 00:37 PoulsenB wrote:
Should I get a Switch and what are some good games for it apart from Zelda and Mario

Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids, Disgaea 5, Bayonetta 1+2, Mario Kart 8D

The other top tier games are kinda not exclusives, but Celeste, Stardew Valley, Enter the Gungeon, Mutant Mudds, Shovel Knight, etc... but to be honest, playing those games lying in my bed makes them 100% better, so i would say Switch has the best version of almost any indie game right now.

After that, Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes, Smash 5, Mario Tennis + more coming in 2018 so far
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 15 2018 16:05 GMT
#187650
On March 16 2018 00:53 Sn0_Man wrote:
hmmmm 7.11 patch

position 5 6 7 9 is great again

am I understanding correctly that with this change being ahead in networth is now much more meaningful because the enemy doesn't get tons of comeback gold from enemy supports?
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 15 2018 16:07 GMT
#187651
I think it's more that you can feed safely as a support even from ahead
whereas in the past if u were ahead and u feed on support it was so much gold.

buybacks are made great again though. I feel like if u bought out on 2 heroes to hold high ground in the past u actually had to 5 man wipe them and even then you don't actually earn anything for the kills because buyback penalty. Now it costs more to buyout if ur farmed, but you earn full amount and ur supports can buyout hecking cheap even late game if they aren't rich.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 15 2018 16:10 GMT
#187652
Ah I see, these are all in all welcome changes
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 15 2018 16:13 GMT
#187653
On March 16 2018 00:56 Faruko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 00:37 PoulsenB wrote:
Should I get a Switch and what are some good games for it apart from Zelda and Mario

Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids, Disgaea 5, Bayonetta 1+2, Mario Kart 8D

The other top tier games are kinda not exclusives, but Celeste, Stardew Valley, Enter the Gungeon, Mutant Mudds, Shovel Knight, etc... but to be honest, playing those games lying in my bed makes them 100% better, so i would say Switch has the best version of almost any indie game right now.

After that, Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes, Smash 5, Mario Tennis + more coming in 2018 so far

I found Xenoblade 2's start so boring that I didn't bother continuing lol. So many cutscenes

And I think Stardew really loses a lot on the switch relative to the PC because they don't do a lot to port the PC interface to the switch.

I've put maybe 200 hours into Zelda and Mario alone tho, I love my switch
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 16:14 GMT
#187654
I feel like LD would be well served by having someone explain this buyback/gold per kill shit in the patch post. Really I think valve should do it, but I am all about small victories.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 15 2018 16:15 GMT
#187655
On March 16 2018 01:13 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 00:56 Faruko wrote:
On March 16 2018 00:37 PoulsenB wrote:
Should I get a Switch and what are some good games for it apart from Zelda and Mario

Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids, Disgaea 5, Bayonetta 1+2, Mario Kart 8D

The other top tier games are kinda not exclusives, but Celeste, Stardew Valley, Enter the Gungeon, Mutant Mudds, Shovel Knight, etc... but to be honest, playing those games lying in my bed makes them 100% better, so i would say Switch has the best version of almost any indie game right now.

After that, Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes, Smash 5, Mario Tennis + more coming in 2018 so far

I found Xenoblade 2's start so boring that I didn't bother continuing lol. So many cutscenes

And I think Stardew really loses a lot on the switch relative to the PC because they don't do a lot to port the PC interface to the switch.

I've put maybe 200 hours into Zelda and Mario alone tho, I love my switch

Xenoblade 2 looked compelling right up until I saw the character designs and number of systems. The game might as well be called "Titties and Systems".
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 16:17:53
March 15 2018 16:16 GMT
#187656
Xenoblade 2 is definitely a game that's start too slow for it's own good, but i reckon that's a problem with the genre more than Xenoblade tbh

You really need to get to chapter 3-4 to get it going and start doing blade combos and what not, it speeds up the battles and it open up the games quite a bit

But once it gets going, it doesn't stop, easily one of the best jrpg games since the golden snes/psx/ps2 era
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 15 2018 16:18 GMT
#187657
On March 16 2018 01:15 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2018 01:13 eieio wrote:
On March 16 2018 00:56 Faruko wrote:
On March 16 2018 00:37 PoulsenB wrote:
Should I get a Switch and what are some good games for it apart from Zelda and Mario

Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids, Disgaea 5, Bayonetta 1+2, Mario Kart 8D

The other top tier games are kinda not exclusives, but Celeste, Stardew Valley, Enter the Gungeon, Mutant Mudds, Shovel Knight, etc... but to be honest, playing those games lying in my bed makes them 100% better, so i would say Switch has the best version of almost any indie game right now.

After that, Donkey Kong Country TF, Hyrule Warriors, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes, Smash 5, Mario Tennis + more coming in 2018 so far

I found Xenoblade 2's start so boring that I didn't bother continuing lol. So many cutscenes

And I think Stardew really loses a lot on the switch relative to the PC because they don't do a lot to port the PC interface to the switch.

I've put maybe 200 hours into Zelda and Mario alone tho, I love my switch

Xenoblade 2 looked compelling right up until I saw the character designs and number of systems. The game might as well be called "Titties and Systems".

I've started trying to...not skip cutscenes in games in the last year or two. Just like how I'm trying to roughly ~never~ look things up at least during my first playthrough. At least trying to experience games the way creators want me to.

But when a game is entirely cutscenes at the start, and the cutscenes are *bad,* it's hard to do!

I don't even think I'd mind crazy mechanics or a serious grind or whatever, I could imagine finding both of those satisfying lol.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 15 2018 16:19 GMT
#187658
Is Xenoblade the game where even your sword has huge tiddays?
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 15 2018 16:19 GMT
#187659
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...
kiss kiss fall in love
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 15 2018 16:21 GMT
#187660
On March 16 2018 01:19 intotheheart wrote:
Is the Switch the console that kinda brings to mind the philosophy of plug-and-play? That's probably the only reason I'd ever get a console. Except the Switch doesn't have a huge library of Neptunia or Trails games...

Not sure if it satisfies "plug-and-play" but I've found the ability to just play it sitting on my couch / in bed / on a plane (ESPECIALLY on a plane) to be super nice
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Prev 1 9381 9382 9383 9384 9385 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 221
Nina 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2635
GuemChi 792
Leta 103
Snow 75
Terrorterran 71
Bale 38
NaDa 38
Noble 12
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
febbydoto18
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox424
Mew2King64
Other Games
summit1g7302
WinterStarcraft415
C9.Mang0282
Sick104
ViBE96
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• Pr0nogo 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2138
League of Legends
• Lourlo1243
• Stunt392
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 11m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.