• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:27
CEST 04:27
KST 11:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8930 users

General Discussion - Page 4315

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 10 2013 16:18 GMT
#86281
On November 11 2013 01:00 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 00:58 Animzor wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:21 SKC wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:17 renkin wrote:
I have a serious question.

You guys know, sometimes, you play a game that you remember for weeks ? A game were the stars were perfectly aligned. The only reason for you to push the find match button is to play another match like this one. I know I did.

I always wondered why, out of all the hours I've put in Dota, I only truly enjoyed maybe 5 or 10 games. That's a very low ratio, like 1 or 2 out of 10 and it's a shame.

My question is, why are those games so rare ?
I think we can safely rule out that the player pool isn't large enough... So is it a matchmaking problem ?

You can have the same 10 people play another game and it end up being a one sided stomp. It happens on tournament finals, each teams stomps each other and then they have an epic game, followed by another stomp.

People love to blame the matchmaking for everything, but it really is just how the game works.


It's not though, the matchmaking often forces a win or a loss by matching players with massive experience disparities. If the game decides that it's time to lose, I will end up on a team with very little games played while the other team is the opposite.

The game does not decide 'it's time to make this person win/lose'. Please stop spreading this.

But you know that is too hard.
First they would have to accept that people perform differently from game to game and from hero to hero.
Then they would have to accept that 9 people can over- or underperform at the same time in one game.

Then they hace to accept that the system might overrate people slightly after winning 10 games in a row.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
renkin
Profile Joined July 2010
France249 Posts
November 10 2013 16:19 GMT
#86282
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 10 2013 16:23 GMT
#86283
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.

Exceptional games are directly a result of any form of fancy matchmaking. Perhaps they correlate a little but that's beside the point. Valve's matchmaking strives to make the most balanced games possible available from the pool of players queueing at any one point based on their hidden MMRs. It does not deliberately try to do anything beyond that.
Moderator
makmeatt
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
2024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:30:22
November 10 2013 16:30 GMT
#86284
Even if Valve scientifically explained the entire process behind the matchmaking system, there would still be a ton of disbelief and conspiracy theories around, so why are we even having this discussion? There's not much more to it than fancy probability and statistics, I don't understand why people are trying to denounce the neutrality of the system so hard.
"Silver Edge can't break my hope" - Kryptt 2016 || "Chrono is not a debuff, you just get rekt" - Guru 2016
renkin
Profile Joined July 2010
France249 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:37:53
November 10 2013 16:36 GMT
#86285
On November 11 2013 01:23 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.

Exceptional games are directly a result of any form of fancy matchmaking. Perhaps they correlate a little but that's beside the point. Valve's matchmaking strives to make the most balanced games possible available from the pool of players queueing at any one point based on their hidden MMRs. It does not deliberately try to do anything beyond that.



So the question becomes how do they define one's MMR.
Do we know something about this ? There must be enough public data to get a faithfull indication of a player skill.

On November 11 2013 01:30 makmeatt wrote:
Even if Valve scientifically explained the entire process behind the matchmaking system, there would still be a ton of disbelief and conspiracy theories around, so why are we even having this discussion? There's not much more to it than fancy probability and statistics, I don't understand why people are trying to denounce the neutrality of the system so hard.


Would you play a game that you know is already decided for you ?
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 10 2013 16:38 GMT
#86286
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.


A tournament game should be far more stable than a matchmaking game. I'm not talking about diferent opponets, say Alliance vs Navi compared to Alliance vs EG, I'm talking about a single series of equal opponents. Just look at TI3 finals, several stomps for either side.

In matchmaking, specially in an AP game, you have a lot more randomness. You are not playing with the same 10 people every time, they are not always playing as a team with a defined strategy, they are not always playing heroes they are comfortable in, etc.

Saying this was done on purpose is absurd. It would be an unintentional flaw, if it existed.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
November 10 2013 16:43 GMT
#86287
You can see it from a philosophical pov, if you didn't have some bad/shitty/average games, you wouldn't have those memorable games. Your good games stand out among your bad games so technically the more bad games you had the better you enjoy/remember/appreciate the real good games.

So funnily enough, the more QQ you made the more you will enjoy/appreciate the real good games.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
November 10 2013 16:44 GMT
#86288
You have to remember that there are so many variables in random solo pub matchmaking that don't exist in pro games. If I random Earthshaker my team is probably going to lose, but if I pick Lich or Jakiro or Shadow Shaman we are probably going to win. If I pick Skywrath we are probably going to lose.

However, if I always win with Lich and this guy on the other team always wins with nature's prophet, then what happens? What if I get Lich and my friend gets Meepo. Or I pick Jakiro and my friend picks Jugg. There's so many random elements that you can't possibly expect the majority of games to be even/epic/close games. Pro teams play the same roles pretty much all the time, the same small pool of heroes, and they have all been playing for years, possibly together for years. Yet their games are volatile as hell, with a close win followed by two stomp losses followed by a stomp win.

Elements such as runes, crit chances, CK stuns, entangles, etc can influence games as well.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
November 10 2013 16:46 GMT
#86289
On November 11 2013 01:36 renkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:23 Firebolt145 wrote:
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.

Exceptional games are directly a result of any form of fancy matchmaking. Perhaps they correlate a little but that's beside the point. Valve's matchmaking strives to make the most balanced games possible available from the pool of players queueing at any one point based on their hidden MMRs. It does not deliberately try to do anything beyond that.



So the question becomes how do they define one's MMR.
Do we know something about this ? There must be enough public data to get a faithfull indication of a player skill.

Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:30 makmeatt wrote:
Even if Valve scientifically explained the entire process behind the matchmaking system, there would still be a ton of disbelief and conspiracy theories around, so why are we even having this discussion? There's not much more to it than fancy probability and statistics, I don't understand why people are trying to denounce the neutrality of the system so hard.


Would you play a game that you know is already decided for you ?


This is the reason why so many people are annoyed with the matchmaking. It is obvious that many games are already decided, unless you are Dendi. I just wish we could get rid of these meaningless games that are unwinnable or on the flipside, unlosable. Or have the ability to play games with completely random team mates and opponents with no regard to MMR.
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
November 10 2013 16:47 GMT
#86290
On November 11 2013 01:00 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 00:58 Animzor wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:21 SKC wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:17 renkin wrote:
I have a serious question.

You guys know, sometimes, you play a game that you remember for weeks ? A game were the stars were perfectly aligned. The only reason for you to push the find match button is to play another match like this one. I know I did.

I always wondered why, out of all the hours I've put in Dota, I only truly enjoyed maybe 5 or 10 games. That's a very low ratio, like 1 or 2 out of 10 and it's a shame.

My question is, why are those games so rare ?
I think we can safely rule out that the player pool isn't large enough... So is it a matchmaking problem ?

You can have the same 10 people play another game and it end up being a one sided stomp. It happens on tournament finals, each teams stomps each other and then they have an epic game, followed by another stomp.

People love to blame the matchmaking for everything, but it really is just how the game works.


It's not though, the matchmaking often forces a win or a loss by matching players with massive experience disparities. If the game decides that it's time to lose, I will end up on a team with very little games played while the other team is the opposite.

The game does not decide 'it's time to make this person win/lose'. Please stop spreading this.


I think you're the one spreading lies.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 10 2013 16:49 GMT
#86291
On November 11 2013 01:36 renkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:23 Firebolt145 wrote:
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.

Exceptional games are directly a result of any form of fancy matchmaking. Perhaps they correlate a little but that's beside the point. Valve's matchmaking strives to make the most balanced games possible available from the pool of players queueing at any one point based on their hidden MMRs. It does not deliberately try to do anything beyond that.



So the question becomes how do they define one's MMR.
Do we know something about this ? There must be enough public data to get a faithfull indication of a player skill.

[..]

I ask which skill?
There is gank sense for ganking opportunities, lasthitting, proper engagement in teamfights, skillshots and itemuse, adapting to the best possible itembuild and inventory management, movement outside of enemy vision range and juking, planning your routes around the map efficiently, split second decision making including sudden use of skill points and probably some other areas I forgot.

Which of these skills should be the base of mmr? Because most of those look very volatile, very good one time and very bad the next time.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 10 2013 16:49 GMT
#86292
On November 11 2013 01:46 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:36 renkin wrote:
On November 11 2013 01:23 Firebolt145 wrote:
On November 11 2013 01:19 renkin wrote:
I'm not talking about self-praise games.
I had the chance to enjoy some of those, kinda like Mithhaike, but those game don't stay in your mind after some time.

I'm thinking about those game where your opponents, your team, everyone is doing his job like it should be and it seems like everyone is in the Zone : they know the what, when and why. When there isn't 5vs5 but one team versus another, and the beauty of it was in the fact that no one communicated. Everything would be obvious, why talk about it ?

@SKC I can understand that in a tourney environment there is some luck factor but in a MMR matchmaking environment, where the clear goal is to make those happen the most possible, I tihnk this is just too strange it doesn't happen more.

@Firebolt145 : So maybe Valve did some psychophysiology here and randomly gave us 2 expectional games out of 10 to make us play more. If this is done purposely hate this. Blizzard also did it but at least they were open about it.

Exceptional games are directly a result of any form of fancy matchmaking. Perhaps they correlate a little but that's beside the point. Valve's matchmaking strives to make the most balanced games possible available from the pool of players queueing at any one point based on their hidden MMRs. It does not deliberately try to do anything beyond that.



So the question becomes how do they define one's MMR.
Do we know something about this ? There must be enough public data to get a faithfull indication of a player skill.

On November 11 2013 01:30 makmeatt wrote:
Even if Valve scientifically explained the entire process behind the matchmaking system, there would still be a ton of disbelief and conspiracy theories around, so why are we even having this discussion? There's not much more to it than fancy probability and statistics, I don't understand why people are trying to denounce the neutrality of the system so hard.


Would you play a game that you know is already decided for you ?


This is the reason why so many people are annoyed with the matchmaking. It is obvious that many games are already decided, unless you are Dendi. I just wish we could get rid of these meaningless games that are unwinnable or on the flipside, unlosable. Or have the ability to play games with completely random team mates and opponents with no regard to MMR.

Games with random opponents would be already decided far more often. Sometimes the matchmaking doesn't work well and matches teams that are not exactly of equal skill, for whatever reason (even though this happens far less often than some people think). A random matchmaking would do the same far, far more often. It's like playing in Garena, a good player will win most games, and a good stack will win virtually every game. So almost 100% of their games were decided before the match begun. There really is no reason why it would be better.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:58:19
November 10 2013 16:53 GMT
#86293
On November 11 2013 01:47 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:00 Firebolt145 wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:58 Animzor wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:21 SKC wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:17 renkin wrote:
I have a serious question.

You guys know, sometimes, you play a game that you remember for weeks ? A game were the stars were perfectly aligned. The only reason for you to push the find match button is to play another match like this one. I know I did.

I always wondered why, out of all the hours I've put in Dota, I only truly enjoyed maybe 5 or 10 games. That's a very low ratio, like 1 or 2 out of 10 and it's a shame.

My question is, why are those games so rare ?
I think we can safely rule out that the player pool isn't large enough... So is it a matchmaking problem ?

You can have the same 10 people play another game and it end up being a one sided stomp. It happens on tournament finals, each teams stomps each other and then they have an epic game, followed by another stomp.

People love to blame the matchmaking for everything, but it really is just how the game works.


It's not though, the matchmaking often forces a win or a loss by matching players with massive experience disparities. If the game decides that it's time to lose, I will end up on a team with very little games played while the other team is the opposite.

The game does not decide 'it's time to make this person win/lose'. Please stop spreading this.


I think you're the one spreading lies.
Matchmaking isn't fucking magic. And it isn't such an idiotic formula to where you would have to force people to lose. It's understandable that people think that this is the case, but fortunately, the system wasn't designed by those people, because those people are stupid.

People often whine about 'well they made me lose this one'. Well why didn't they 'make you win' all the other ones?

Go to a Lan cafe, play in a tournament. You advance in the tournament, you get matched against opponents much better than you, you lose. Is that system designed to make you lose? No, it's called progression. And the Dota player base isn't big enough and the skill curve isn't smooth enough to the point where you can have an extremely natural progression. So, the matchmaker forms mixed teams, and that's why you end up in situations when you feel like they are 'making you lose because your team mate just played his 10th game'. It's confirmation bias, because you never complained about that when that guy was on your opponents team.
Once you Goblak...
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 10 2013 16:53 GMT
#86294
On November 11 2013 01:47 Animzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 01:00 Firebolt145 wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:58 Animzor wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:21 SKC wrote:
On November 11 2013 00:17 renkin wrote:
I have a serious question.

You guys know, sometimes, you play a game that you remember for weeks ? A game were the stars were perfectly aligned. The only reason for you to push the find match button is to play another match like this one. I know I did.

I always wondered why, out of all the hours I've put in Dota, I only truly enjoyed maybe 5 or 10 games. That's a very low ratio, like 1 or 2 out of 10 and it's a shame.

My question is, why are those games so rare ?
I think we can safely rule out that the player pool isn't large enough... So is it a matchmaking problem ?

You can have the same 10 people play another game and it end up being a one sided stomp. It happens on tournament finals, each teams stomps each other and then they have an epic game, followed by another stomp.

People love to blame the matchmaking for everything, but it really is just how the game works.


It's not though, the matchmaking often forces a win or a loss by matching players with massive experience disparities. If the game decides that it's time to lose, I will end up on a team with very little games played while the other team is the opposite.

The game does not decide 'it's time to make this person win/lose'. Please stop spreading this.


I think you're the one spreading lies.

... OK.
Moderator
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:57:40
November 10 2013 16:53 GMT
#86295
The bigger problem of MM is when you stack with your mates, if you had some skill level gap between you guys you will get harder oppos after every win, which sucks, at times. I miss the good old bnet/garena full of noobs that allow us to mess around with friends etc. True that we can do that now but it requires so much more effort and trying hard. Sigh, I used to be a happy noob stomper in pub, now I'm a moody tryhard in pub and many of the games are so depressing.

(tired as fuck after work -> want to relax play some dota -> exhausted from trying hard -> pissed off if team failed-> repeat)
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:58:25
November 10 2013 16:58 GMT
#86296
People really believe some games are already decided by the matchmaking? How the fuck do you people even keep playing Dota if you think that's how it works???
super gg
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 17:02:15
November 10 2013 17:01 GMT
#86297
[image loading]

[image loading]
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
November 10 2013 17:09 GMT
#86298
why do people think that player skill is the sole determinate of who wins a game of all pick.

Anyone who says any variation of "valve made me lose" is just looking for excuses.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Jinxed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States6450 Posts
November 10 2013 17:38 GMT
#86299
On November 11 2013 02:09 PassiveAce wrote:
why do people think that player skill is the sole determinate of who wins a game of all pick.

Anyone who says any variation of "valve made me lose" is just looking for excuses.


Honestly that or they're nowhere near as good as they think they are. A combination of both always has the best qq though.
LiquidDota Staff"LeLoup is a great name pls undo." -Liquid`Nazgul
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 10 2013 17:55 GMT
#86300
On November 11 2013 02:09 PassiveAce wrote:
why do people think that player skill is the sole determinate of who wins a game of all pick.

Anyone who says any variation of "valve made me lose" is just looking for excuses.


People think they understand the game more than they do so they draw incorrect conclusions.
Prev 1 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1901
GuemChi 1513
Artosis 618
910 69
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
Bale 20
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
febbydoto5
Counter-Strike
taco 499
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox556
Other Games
summit1g7487
Doublelift2002
JimRising 594
C9.Mang0362
Day[9].tv343
PiGStarcraft286
Maynarde123
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv343
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 34m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.