|
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On November 10 2013 14:18 Nilrem wrote:Show nested quote +On November 10 2013 14:05 Kishin2 wrote: Moba is so widely used now that it'll probably be the staple term for the genre. Mainstream sure but within the communities, they will vary. For example with DotA 2, you have those that refer to it as an ARTS while others use the term dota as a genre in-of-itself. Blizzard needed their own term because in terms of competition, you just cannot use Dota or moba. Now shall go to all the dota wikipages and change them all to Hero Brawler! people who play dota call it moba just as much as arts
|
I've got to say, Hero Brawler actually isn't that bad of a term. It accurately and succinctly summarizes the gameplay.
Lets all spam Volvo's FB and 0/10 metacritic until Valve change the genre to HB!
|
does that mean sc2 is a minion brawler
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Valve's blog is hilarious
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 10 2013 14:31 LAN-f34r wrote: I've got to say, Hero Brawler actually isn't that bad of a term. It accurately and succinctly summarizes the gameplay.
Lets all spam Volvo's FB and 0/10 metacritic until Valve change the genre to HB! Hero brawler is a terrible term. This isn't BLC.
|
On November 10 2013 14:38 teapoted wrote:Show nested quote +On November 10 2013 14:31 LAN-f34r wrote: I've got to say, Hero Brawler actually isn't that bad of a term. It accurately and succinctly summarizes the gameplay.
Lets all spam Volvo's FB and 0/10 metacritic until Valve change the genre to HB! Hero brawler is a terrible term. This isn't BLC.
The term is not actually all that bad. It ties well with the type of game Blizzard is developing. I think Hero Arena would have been better but that term has been used quite a bit in Wc3 already. Given the choices (and context of the game), it works fine. It is not something that rolls off the tongue nor is it that pleasant to say. But in the context, it works fine. (it gets the job done).
|
multiplayer online brawling arena
|
|
|
Can any mod on the BTS stream unban me from Twitch chat? I got banned when the twitch banning bug went around.
blahz0r and kupon ignoring me. someone pls halp.
/unban emnjay808
|
28103 Posts
On November 10 2013 15:16 Emnjay808 wrote: Can any mod on the BTS stream unban me from Twitch chat? I got banned when the twitch banning bug went around.
blahz0r and kupon ignoring me. someone pls halp.
/unban emnjay808 There you go.
|
On November 10 2013 15:19 TheEmulator wrote:Show nested quote +On November 10 2013 15:16 Emnjay808 wrote: Can any mod on the BTS stream unban me from Twitch chat? I got banned when the twitch banning bug went around.
blahz0r and kupon ignoring me. someone pls halp.
/unban emnjay808 There you go. Ty e-god
|
28103 Posts
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
100% of messages I get on Twitch is from people who want me to unban them on the BTS stream...
|
On November 10 2013 15:21 TheEmulator wrote: I'm a man of the people.
-For the people
Now can I have a cookie please?
|
Is it only me or do people with [A] in their name get more tournament drops?
|
On November 10 2013 18:41 SilverStar wrote: Is it only me or do people with [A] in their name get more tournament drops?
It certainly feels that way but I think it's just a mixture of confirmation bias and that shit tons of people have [A] in their name.
+ Show Spoiler +
|
I never understood why dota people are so fussy about the term used for dota moba,arts,brawler,who the fuck cares
|
On November 10 2013 19:23 TheKefka wrote: I never understood why dota people are so fussy about the term used for dota moba,arts,brawler,who the fuck cares Because moba is a term spread by LoL players and DOTA has too many people who can't stand both games being good
|
On November 10 2013 19:23 TheKefka wrote: I never understood why dota people are so fussy about the term used for dota moba,arts,brawler,who the fuck cares The term was populized by Riot. And we know how much the Dota2 community likes Riot.
|
It all comes back to fuck Pendragon for me.
|
|
|
|
|
|