• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:18
CEST 01:18
KST 08:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7763 users

General Discussion - Page 4307

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
November 09 2013 10:22 GMT
#86121
On November 09 2013 19:09 TheYango wrote:
Valve needs to seriously fix the random->repick bug. It makes it really hard to repick into melee heroes that need a Stout Shield.

Basically the random gold bonus is only +200 gold as of 6.79, BUT, the gold penalty from random gold is still 350 gold and not 300 gold. Starting with 475 gold off random->repick means you don't have enough starting gold to start with Stout+double regen.

This actually means that you start with LESS gold from random->repick than if you pick->repick.


Idk that this actually happens lol. But i just play whatever the heroes I random for or swap.
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
November 09 2013 10:25 GMT
#86122
On November 09 2013 17:00 trinxified wrote:
Apparently S&Y almost has the same stigma as Vanguard regarding how bad the item is? Why is that? I personally enjoy it on some heroes...

It used to just be a mediocre item for it's cost; in most cases there were just better items you could buy. It's been buffed in the last 2 patches though, I think the items fine now.
Dodge arrows
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
November 09 2013 10:30 GMT
#86123
I get SnY on slark on occasion, dude's fast.
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
November 09 2013 10:41 GMT
#86124
It has been a while since I have felt this positive about the future of @joinDOTA - Big things to come early 2014 (and some sooner)



Freaks4you sold Joindota. Calling it.
Kirsed
Profile Joined May 2013
9381 Posts
November 09 2013 10:45 GMT
#86125
On November 09 2013 19:41 SilverStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
It has been a while since I have felt this positive about the future of @joinDOTA - Big things to come early 2014 (and some sooner)

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/399122068119101440

Freaks4you sold Joindota. Calling it.



Joindota purchased by bts.
Fwizzz
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines4420 Posts
November 09 2013 11:02 GMT
#86126
On November 09 2013 19:45 kirsed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 19:41 SilverStar wrote:
It has been a while since I have felt this positive about the future of @joinDOTA - Big things to come early 2014 (and some sooner)

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/399122068119101440

Freaks4you sold Joindota. Calling it.



Joindota purchased by bts.


Joindota will cover heroes of the storm content.
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
November 09 2013 11:19 GMT
#86127
On November 09 2013 20:02 Fwizzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 19:45 kirsed wrote:
On November 09 2013 19:41 SilverStar wrote:
It has been a while since I have felt this positive about the future of @joinDOTA - Big things to come early 2014 (and some sooner)

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/399122068119101440

Freaks4you sold Joindota. Calling it.



Joindota purchased by bts.


Joindota will cover heroes of the storm content.

Joindota has completed a hostile takeover of Microsoft, and expects to release their new operating system Joindows shortly.

It's probably just sponsor news or something. Someone's tossed in enough money to let them run more events.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
November 09 2013 11:20 GMT
#86128
How many games minimum do you need to play in order for Dota 2 to locate a stable bracket for your MM rating?
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
November 09 2013 11:26 GMT
#86129
On November 09 2013 20:20 mnesthes wrote:
How many games minimum do you need to play in order for Dota 2 to locate a stable bracket for your MM rating?

maybe 100 or so
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
November 09 2013 11:51 GMT
#86130
On November 09 2013 19:30 unkkz wrote:
I get SnY on slark on occasion, dude's fast.


SnY core on Speedy Gamer build every hero.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
November 09 2013 14:01 GMT
#86131
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ... Usually you'll have treads + pms + sny at 13-14, so it's a decent time to get it. And I think it fits him quite well now.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
toemn
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany915 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 17:07:13
November 09 2013 17:06 GMT
#86132
On November 09 2013 23:01 Testuser wrote:
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ...


Furion cliff jungler detected.

No srsly, why do people always try to jungle with the most retarded heroes? Prime examples are BS and SK. I don't know what bracket you are in but if I see someone jungling these heroes it means a) the guy is trolling and we lose or b) the guy is serious and we still lose.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 09 2013 17:27 GMT
#86133
On November 10 2013 02:06 toemn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 23:01 Testuser wrote:
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ...


Furion cliff jungler detected.

No srsly, why do people always try to jungle with the most retarded heroes? Prime examples are BS and SK. I don't know what bracket you are in but if I see someone jungling these heroes it means a) the guy is trolling and we lose or b) the guy is serious and we still lose.


Sometimes it's a picks thing. If I've started with Skeleton King and the next four picks are Drow, Sniper, AM and PL... yeah, I'll probably go jungle. Just because ugh fuck this game. I'm not really trolling, I'm not really serious either, I'm just trying to avoid as much frustration as possible.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
November 09 2013 17:28 GMT
#86134
I used to get sny a lot more often in DotA because it just looked so much better. Both the items and the maim effect were awesome. Now..I haven't gotten it in months
Religion: Buckethead
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 09 2013 17:30 GMT
#86135
On November 09 2013 19:25 TheSubtleArt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 17:00 trinxified wrote:
Apparently S&Y almost has the same stigma as Vanguard regarding how bad the item is? Why is that? I personally enjoy it on some heroes...

It used to just be a mediocre item for it's cost; in most cases there were just better items you could buy. It's been buffed in the last 2 patches though, I think the items fine now.


Also people bought it in the wrong situations. It's quite good in the midgame but doesn't do enough to justify having outside a pretty specific window. Being able to disassemble it was pretty major, as was removing the UAM tag from Maim.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
November 09 2013 17:36 GMT
#86136
They will finally get people to actually run a studio similair to BTS So that it is not just Tobi in a room anymore?
WriterXiao8~~
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 09 2013 17:43 GMT
#86137
On November 10 2013 02:27 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2013 02:06 toemn wrote:
On November 09 2013 23:01 Testuser wrote:
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ...


Furion cliff jungler detected.

No srsly, why do people always try to jungle with the most retarded heroes? Prime examples are BS and SK. I don't know what bracket you are in but if I see someone jungling these heroes it means a) the guy is trolling and we lose or b) the guy is serious and we still lose.


Sometimes it's a picks thing. If I've started with Skeleton King and the next four picks are Drow, Sniper, AM and PL... yeah, I'll probably go jungle. Just because ugh fuck this game. I'm not really trolling, I'm not really serious either, I'm just trying to avoid as much frustration as possible.

You should just go full support at that point as an sk. Skeleton King is not a bad support with mana boots. Going into the jungle just kills all chances at winning the game.
super gg
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 09 2013 17:45 GMT
#86138
On November 10 2013 02:43 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2013 02:27 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On November 10 2013 02:06 toemn wrote:
On November 09 2013 23:01 Testuser wrote:
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ...


Furion cliff jungler detected.

No srsly, why do people always try to jungle with the most retarded heroes? Prime examples are BS and SK. I don't know what bracket you are in but if I see someone jungling these heroes it means a) the guy is trolling and we lose or b) the guy is serious and we still lose.


Sometimes it's a picks thing. If I've started with Skeleton King and the next four picks are Drow, Sniper, AM and PL... yeah, I'll probably go jungle. Just because ugh fuck this game. I'm not really trolling, I'm not really serious either, I'm just trying to avoid as much frustration as possible.

You should just go full support at that point as an sk. Skeleton King is not a bad support with mana boots. Going into the jungle just kills all chances at winning the game.


True, but it's not about maximizing win chance at that point for me. It's about minimizing hating Dota.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 18:16:54
November 09 2013 18:16 GMT
#86139


+ RtZ
- EE

:D
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
November 09 2013 18:16 GMT
#86140
On November 10 2013 02:45 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2013 02:43 cecek wrote:
On November 10 2013 02:27 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On November 10 2013 02:06 toemn wrote:
On November 09 2013 23:01 Testuser wrote:
I get SnY on blood seeker, when I jungle him ...


Furion cliff jungler detected.

No srsly, why do people always try to jungle with the most retarded heroes? Prime examples are BS and SK. I don't know what bracket you are in but if I see someone jungling these heroes it means a) the guy is trolling and we lose or b) the guy is serious and we still lose.


Sometimes it's a picks thing. If I've started with Skeleton King and the next four picks are Drow, Sniper, AM and PL... yeah, I'll probably go jungle. Just because ugh fuck this game. I'm not really trolling, I'm not really serious either, I'm just trying to avoid as much frustration as possible.

You should just go full support at that point as an sk. Skeleton King is not a bad support with mana boots. Going into the jungle just kills all chances at winning the game.


True, but it's not about maximizing win chance at that point for me. It's about minimizing hating Dota.

How about not playing at all then.
Graphics
Prev 1 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 152
SpeCial 54
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 601
910 64
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift2556
Other Games
summit1g9016
Grubby2928
shahzam630
C9.Mang0301
PiGStarcraft186
Maynarde97
JimRising 29
Vindicta12
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• musti20045 39
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21472
Other Games
• imaqtpie711
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 42m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.