|
|
On November 05 2013 15:46 LuckoftheIrish wrote:Show nested quote +On November 05 2013 15:44 Shaella wrote:On November 05 2013 15:44 Firebolt145 wrote:On November 05 2013 15:41 Shaella wrote: You get linkens so you don't die if someone happens to glance at you and throw some cc -.- This effect is secondary to the farming advantage it gives you. If you get Linkens first people are just going to ignore you in fights because you don't do any damage anyway. This issue is slightly less of a problem on PotM since her spells are good early but the point still stands. If you want to fight early get something more useful than a Linkens. Oh, because Manta is SOOO much more damage than Linkens It is, actually. The two illusions hitting stuff can be quite a bit of deeps, depending on what smaller items you got before. Unless there are stout shields. Or any AOE at all
in which case you have no illusions
|
Or, dependent on your positioning and what you're targeting, they do a ton. I mean, the minimum floor for Manta is better than what you get with Linken's. The maximum is significantly better.
|
if the enemy has a PMS and you have manta, you're lucky if your illusions hit like 5 damage
Linkens is way better. It lets you stay on the map, makes you significantly harder to kill, and lets you use your main early/mid damage source, SPELLS more
Like, riddle me why Weaver doesn't rush Manta if its so fucking good, he suffers from a lot of the same problems that Mirana does.
|
Lalalaland34507 Posts
I'm not calling for a full Manta. I never said Manta was so fucking good. I'm saying there are other options than Manta, especially if you're considering an early game Manta.
For example, I'd take Drums + Yasha + Bottle over Linkens any day.
|
Cause all these fucking carry mirana's go for a goddamn Manta.
Thats why it bothers me, Linkens is the better choice if you want a fully completed item
|
manta first is awful lol don't upgrade yasha until you have a couple other items
edit: i haven't seen a manta first mirana in as far as i can remember so like a few weeks at least
edit2: i also haven't watched any matches tho
|
I don't know if i like it either but i don't see how you can refute something as bad when almost every single top team goes for the first position mirana. people watch games where mirana is thrown off her momentum and say "well first position mirana sucks". if she does suck there, why the fuck is she being consistently picked as a one position all the time?
I don't think weaver is the same story, linkins synergizes well with his time lapse and is a hero that benefits from having regen sustainability which helps his case. i don't really see how weaver and mirana are identical honestly.
|
On November 05 2013 15:53 Firebolt145 wrote: I'm not calling for a full Manta. I never said Manta was so fucking good. I'm saying there are other options than Manta, especially if you're considering an early game Manta.
For example, I'd take Drums + Yasha + Bottle over Linkens any day. why not diffusal? it's an item that synergizes very well with mirana in both build up and what it does.
|
Well, if you throw in a diffusal, manta does quite a lot of damage. Also, manta first on any hero is generally not a good idea, whereas Linken's frequently is, as they fulfill diametrically differing roles, so why are we even comparing the two items?...
|
On November 05 2013 15:51 Shaella wrote: if the enemy has a PMS and you have manta, you're lucky if your illusions hit like 5 damage
Linkens is way better. It lets you stay on the map, makes you significantly harder to kill, and lets you use your main early/mid damage source, SPELLS more
Like, riddle me why Weaver doesn't rush Manta if its so fucking good, he suffers from a lot of the same problems that Mirana does.
Sure, don't disagree that a first-item Linken's is overall more useful than a first-item Manta. But in the context of one teamfight, arguing that Linken's gives you more damage than Manta is ludicrous.
|
Lalalaland34507 Posts
On November 05 2013 15:57 Kuroeeah wrote:Show nested quote +On November 05 2013 15:53 Firebolt145 wrote: I'm not calling for a full Manta. I never said Manta was so fucking good. I'm saying there are other options than Manta, especially if you're considering an early game Manta.
For example, I'd take Drums + Yasha + Bottle over Linkens any day. why not diffusal? it's an item that synergizes very well with mirana in both build up and what it does. I had forgotten to mention Diffusal, which is actually what I always rushed on her back when I played her as a carry. Definitely a very valid choice.
|
On November 05 2013 15:58 GtC wrote: Well, if you throw in a diffusal, manta does quite a lot of damage. Also, manta first on any hero is generally not a good idea, whereas Linken's frequently is, as they fulfill diametrically differing roles, so why are we even comparing the two items?... Manta+Diffu doesn't work like that on ranged heros nice try.
|
On November 05 2013 15:58 GtC wrote: Well, if you throw in a diffusal, manta does quite a lot of damage. Also, manta first on any hero is generally not a good idea, whereas Linken's frequently is, as they fulfill diametrically differing roles, so why are we even comparing the two items?... feedback only works on melee illusions
|
it adds a bunch of agility lol if you really wanna do dps tho yasha deso is the way to go or mom crystalis mirana's item and skill build are both pretty flexible
|
In fairness the illusions do benefit from the +agi.
|
On November 05 2013 16:04 Dead9 wrote: it adds a bunch of agility lol if you really wanna do dps tho yasha deso is the way to go or mom crystalis mirana's item and skill build are both pretty flexible
With a Shadowblade, this is the SingSing build on every hero ever.
|
they only get like, 8 dmg from the agi on diffu
THAT SAID
I support Diffu on Mirana cause its good damage and helps you gank
|
True, but that's more than they get from, say, an MKB. Edit: before I get misinterpreted I'm not saying that makes Diffusal better than MKB, just that if your entire goal is maximizing illusion DPS, MKB doesn't do much.
|
tbh, Mirana isn't a great hero for Manta anyways.
|
On November 05 2013 15:56 Kuroeeah wrote: I don't know if i like it either but i don't see how you can refute something as bad when almost every single top team goes for the first position mirana. people watch games where mirana is thrown off her momentum and say "well first position mirana sucks". if she does suck there, why the fuck is she being consistently picked as a one position all the time?
I don't think weaver is the same story, linkins synergizes well with his time lapse and is a hero that benefits from having regen sustainability which helps his case. i don't really see how weaver and mirana are identical honestly. That's the real question, I think it's mostly because mirana scales decently with farm and does not need babybsitting like those who scales better with farm like AM or spectre for exemple. She's also a decent fighter with XP only so she can still help his team to achieve objectives while going for greedy builds like midas into linken. She fits into the current meta. She also does not reveal the draft as she can be part of any lane be it agressive tri or solo safe or whatever.
|
|
|
|
|
|