|
|
On November 04 2013 08:45 Kipsate wrote: What are the alternatives/free agents left? RTZ isn't comitted enough, Relic? Some NEL player? I would look at the MLG qualifiers or the fragbite ro16 teams.
|
Too bad Demon is on Dignitas now...
|
On November 04 2013 08:45 trinxified wrote:Show nested quote +On November 04 2013 08:37 Erasme wrote: always get vlads on dire, even if you're behind. Get it on radiant if you're ahead/even Is it because of Rosh? Yes. I would forget vlads if theres some orchid carrier running around killing stuff tho
|
|
|
United States47024 Posts
On November 04 2013 07:35 rabidch wrote:Show nested quote +On November 04 2013 07:27 cecek wrote: The question is, when do you get a bkb on Antimage? I'm never sure if it's the right item to get or not. when you think you need to fight (and not split push) and in the fight they will focus disable you with spells for more than 3 or 4 seconds (non ultis). -- this is a general rule for me that can always be ignored i dont recommend pairing the item with heart either because it starts to cut into slots that could be used for dps later on The decision between BKB and Heart largely comes down to your teamcomp and how you expect teamfights to play out.
BKB isn't just a teamfight item for Anti-mage. Heart sort of is too. The thing is, BKB is specifically good when your teamcomp forces/expects fights to be about killing people in the span of the first 4-10 seconds of the fight using powerful lead-off spells. In this case, you dont expect fights to be drawn out--you expect the BKB duration to essentially win the fight for you, and then the remainder of the fight involves you cleaning up.
Heart is better when your teamcomp expects more long, drawn out fights--you're going to be in and out of fights, so you need long-term sustainability in fights over the immediate reliable effectiveness of BKB.
On November 04 2013 07:31 trinxified wrote: The reason I ask is because often enough, I find myself low on HP when a fight breaks out, so I thought Vlad's was the item to get to allow you to farm and sustain yourself at the same time. This is obviously before getting a Heart. But then now that I get Vlad's I find it that I skip Heart and just go BFly and Abyssal. Treads BF Stout QB should let you jungle without losing appreciable HP unless you're farming stacks/ancients, but in those scenarios you can send a salve in advance and top up after.
|
Netherlands45349 Posts
Vlads is good on the Radiant side because it allows you to steal the enemies ancients, Vlads is good on the Dire side because it allows you to sneak Roshan. If they have a heavy ganking lineup I wouldn't get it though.
|
If you have questions for demon or singsing you can post them to this tweet:
|
I always thought bkb vs heart on AM was more about how many disables they have on the enemy team. There are certain circumstances where AM can just be disabled long enough for the opposing team to have already won the team fight without necessarily focusing you down.
For better or worse, I almost always prefer heart for AM's survivability because I think the item does a better job at rectifying his susceptibility towards physical damage than a BKB does but BKB almost guarantee's your ability to actually participate in the fight whereas a heart does not.
|
On November 04 2013 08:33 aintz wrote: eg is just falling apart. they need some more quality players, not players like mss. MSS has consistently played very well for EG from what I've seen....
|
MSS has been solid
Fear isn't a good drafter, Univarse is pretty fantastic, but he's universe.
Fogged and Jeyo seem quite weak
|
On November 04 2013 10:04 Shaella wrote: MSS has been solid
Fear isn't a good drafter, Univarse is pretty fantastic, but he's universe.
Fogged and Jeyo seem quite weak wait what's wrong with universe? he's actually EG's best player as of right now IMO.
|
On November 04 2013 10:07 Kuroeeah wrote:Show nested quote +On November 04 2013 10:04 Shaella wrote: MSS has been solid
Fear isn't a good drafter, Univarse is pretty fantastic, but he's universe.
Fogged and Jeyo seem quite weak wait what's wrong with universe? he's actually EG's best player as of right now IMO. I mean of course he's fantastic because he's universe.
|
Honestly now that I think about it, all NA teams such as EG, Dignitas and Liquid has a notable issue with having sloppy drafts. I mean bad drafts are far from exclusive to just NA teams but I've never been convinced it's up to par with the top CIS teams.
|
Netherlands45349 Posts
I would say Jeyo and Fogged are up for questioning but I don't know, NA lacks some strong supports for EG as Fear is forced to support.
|
I think Fear has a limited range of supports he can play at an exceptional level. I mean i see few games where i'm convinced he's practically soloing the entire team but aside from moments of showing how fucking amazing Fear is, I don't think he's quite at the level of being a top supporter.
Perhaps this isn't an issue with Fear as a player rather it could just be that he's supporting Jeyo ^^"
|
|
|
Netherlands45349 Posts
Not just any Invoker, QW Invoker
also be that as a may Kuroeaah its not like NA apart from Fear that has a wide variety of good support players.
|
|
|
NA is just bad. I have hopes for a top 8 finish at TI5 with rtz+korok+universe+demon+fear though.
|
Yeah you're right, I think the best supports in NA belongs to Liquid as of right now in both Fluff and Wayto (I was never convinced of ixmike).
Speaking of Liquid, what exactly does Liquid need? There are a few games where I see it, games where I understood why teams that scrimmed against Liquid before their roster announcement was hyping them up to be huge but something just felt off even during the games where they seemed dominant.
Korea was the perfect example of why i'm not so sure about them. They lost convincingly to what was considered to be a Fnatic at their slump in LAN but it was the fact that they lost to the same strategy twice. Not only that but Fluff's interview said they simply didn't have a game plan from their draft and this is exactly the same issue I heard from Liquid during their slump after the G-1 LAN. Liquid's roster is stronger than their old but are they plagued by the same issues?
|
|
|
|
|
|