General Discussion - Page 4261
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Nilrem
United States3684 Posts
| ||
|
rabidch
United States20289 Posts
On November 03 2013 12:07 Kuroeeah wrote: "I created Teemo! TEEMO WAS MINE!!" somebody had to do it | ||
|
FinestHour
United States18466 Posts
yo igot a new corsair psu lets play | ||
|
rabidch
United States20289 Posts
not tonight gl hf | ||
|
WindWolf
Sweden11767 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
it wouldn't have helped, you can't please that which is unpleasable. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On November 03 2013 12:14 Nilrem wrote: Oh this discussion brings back memories. It still cracks me up how he dared to say that he poured years of his life into the community only to realize how he gave the very same community a big "F-U". Must be obvious to him now that he long since burned the bridge to the DotA community. Not that is matters now since he has a new community to be a part of. LoL community hates him too, though, lol. | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:03 TheYango wrote: LoL community hates him too, though, lol. Do they hate just because hes the face of the balance team or something or do LoL players have a real reason to hate on him? | ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:05 PassiveAce wrote: Do they hate just because hes the face of the balance team or something or do LoL players have a real reason to hate on him? No thats Morello LoL players hate Pendragon cause he's a dick. | ||
|
Nilrem
United States3684 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:07 Shaella wrote: No thats Morello LoL players hate Pendragon cause he's a dick. I would be lying if I said that surprised me. Other than people hating him, I wonder the LoL community in general knows his past (as in, what he did to the DotA community). I guess he is the type that never learns and will always be that way. | ||
|
Kaniol
Poland5551 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:07 Shaella wrote: No thats Morello LoL players hate Pendragon cause he's a dick. Yeah, i remember watching his streams like 2 or 3 years ago (i don't even remember when it was, early s1 or pre-s1), all he did was playing master yi all the time and acting like a big jerk to everyone that he disagreed with or who outplayed him lol. I was like "no way he is from Riot" >.> | ||
|
Staboteur
Canada1873 Posts
On November 03 2013 11:46 Kuroeeah wrote: Long story short : Pendragon was the creator of the original Dota allstars website and forum community members would pitch in ideas such as heroes or suggestions to further develop Dota (most popular community site for the game at that time). He was employed by Riot, immediately closed the forums down completely and is suggested to have taken ideas originally meant for DotA into developing LoL ("Teeeeemo was my idea!") and told everyone to go play LoL instead. Speaking of which - That all happened at a time where I wasn't paying much attention, but a BIG part of DotA is that it was community developed - I.E. Invoker was a hero developed as part of a contest, puck was community developed... It makes me wonder what'll happen for future heroes. Is this sorta thing still going on on playdota or something? | ||
|
Kirsed
9381 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:40 Staboteur wrote: Speaking of which - That all happened at a time where I wasn't paying much attention, but a BIG part of DotA is that it was community developed - I.E. Invoker was a hero developed as part of a contest, puck was community developed... It makes me wonder what'll happen for future heroes. Is this sorta thing still going on on playdota or something? Not that I know of I stopped playing dota 1 around 6.45 but I don't think there has been to much community interaction since Icefrog went to Valve. | ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Regarding s4's stream: we are aware and are trying to list him. His current stream on TL links to the wrong twitch stream (s4dota instead of s4) and it seems only admins can edit it. As for his resolution/bitrate being too high, that is a Twitch function and not our own. I would guess he has only recently started streaming again and Twitch have not gotten round to partnering him yet. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
the guy invented teemo i mean meepo. | ||
|
Unleashing
Denmark14978 Posts
But nope, pendragon thought the most reasonable thing to do was ban him for 3 days for it. No wonder he's hated by both communities. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
| ||
|
WindWolf
Sweden11767 Posts
On November 03 2013 19:04 Kuroeeah wrote: imagine if valve decided to not hold ti4 next year without telling anyone..dun dun dun I don't even want to think about thinking about what would happen.... SCARY | ||
|
Slomo
Germany7198 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:12 Kaniol wrote: Yeah, i remember watching his streams like 2 or 3 years ago (i don't even remember when it was, early s1 or pre-s1), all he did was playing master yi all the time and acting like a big jerk to everyone that he disagreed with or who outplayed him lol. I was like "no way he is from Riot" >.> But the big hate wave came when Pendragon decided to ban someone from the game for a week for using the random hero button in one of his games. | ||
|
FuzzyJAM
Scotland9300 Posts
On November 03 2013 16:40 Staboteur wrote: Speaking of which - That all happened at a time where I wasn't paying much attention, but a BIG part of DotA is that it was community developed - I.E. Invoker was a hero developed as part of a contest, puck was community developed... It makes me wonder what'll happen for future heroes. Is this sorta thing still going on on playdota or something? I would imagine there are a lot of legal issues with community led or inspired development now that Dota is a multi-million dollar business. Not to say it couldn't happen, but I doubt it's a primary priority right now. | ||
| ||