• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:22
CEST 11:22
KST 18:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9051 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 58

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 Next
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 17:25:09
January 22 2014 17:21 GMT
#1141
On January 21 2014 07:40 psychopat wrote:
Finished nightmare yesterday in my AH'less HC guys... whoo. What's sad is that the first thing I did in Hell was to buy a blue weapon from the vendor because it was better than anything I had found so far.

My guys are now up to levels 51/44/44/44/43, the last 4 of which are all on act 3 NM. I was surprised that a mallet lord in act 4 nightmare hits for over 10k hp though. I remember nightmare being easier than that!


Are you doing an act or difficulty per class and then switching or something? You crazy and I like it!

I have all 5 classes on SC leveled to 60 and 4 classes (only 3 still alive) on HC leveled to 60 (Haven't leveled WD to 60 yet, Monk died past 60, leveled Wizard to 60 about 4 times now).
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
psychopat
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada417 Posts
January 22 2014 17:52 GMT
#1142
I was doing half-acts and then switching all the way until end of act 2 nightmare. Don't know why, I just took the barb straight from start of act 3 to finishing nightmare in 1 go. It's funny that things like champ mallet lords are scarier than the actual act bosses though.

I'm undecided whether I want to keep going evenly or if I should just focus on the barb to try to get the "finish inferno HC" achievement before it becomes impossible with the patch (since the difficulty settings will get changed)
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 22 2014 18:17 GMT
#1143
You've come so far might as well take them all up at the same time.
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
March 04 2014 08:42 GMT
#1144
Hello TL HC Community, anybody still around? I just got back into the game with 2.0 after a 2 month break, was wondering if anybody would be into starting an actual clan...

Server EU, Douillos#2124
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
March 04 2014 16:28 GMT
#1145
My Big Balls Wizard died last night at paragon 69. Game crashed on a trivial pack when I was playing with some noob player on torment (Probably should've been playing with more competent people) and he couldn't kill the last monster in the pack before I could log back on (or he's a liar and watched me die - but he was doing crap dps so the story adds up). I don't feel so bad for dying though. It feels like a snapshot of my pre-exp char. She is in her tomb with her Tal Rasha set and Occulus. She was a unique wizard (never used archon or those CM builds). She was a good wizard. RIP. Will be fun to start at 1 with the new monster scaling and loot 2.0 and with all my leveling gear that has collected a bit of dust (Haven't died since Summerish).

The last patch seems to have made the game unstable since I crashed 2 times while playing last night. Be careful.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
March 05 2014 23:01 GMT
#1146
I wonder if TL HC community should make their own clan.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
March 06 2014 04:26 GMT
#1147
On March 06 2014 08:01 BluzMan wrote:
I wonder if TL HC community should make their own clan.


nah I don't see a reason to segregate the community. We aren't too big as is.
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
March 06 2014 05:42 GMT
#1148
Man is anyone else bothered by the scaling difficulty based on your character level? Farming almost seems counter-productive now. DPS not enough to kill elites quickly? Better find a new item fast before you/they level up!
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Razhil
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium208 Posts
March 06 2014 10:23 GMT
#1149
On March 06 2014 14:42 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Man is anyone else bothered by the scaling difficulty based on your character level? Farming almost seems counter-productive now. DPS not enough to kill elites quickly? Better find a new item fast before you/they level up!


I found this mostly compensated by the quality of the loot and specially the huge quality of the craft...

I had a (dead self-loot) lvl60 barbarian and a (living self-loot) lvl52 monk before I stopped playing. Logged back in yesterday and I found out that everything I had stocked for my monk while playing my barbarian were mostly useless as everything I crafted had huge amount of Dex/Vit and other good stats.

Lvl 52 : 21k HP 3k DPS
Lvl 56 : 54k HP 12k DPS
Lvl 60 : 91k HP 31k DPS... (and around 500 all resist... yeah, like 3 minutes after leveling up)

I started in Normal then went to Hard because it was too easy with those gear upgrade. All in all, it gave me the feeling it was a little too easy since 2.0 (the leveling to 60 process I mean) but I don't know if it's a shared feeling.
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
March 06 2014 17:55 GMT
#1150
I started my Wiz again soloing Torment I difficulty with a hellfire ring. Was surpirsed I could spent my paragon points at level 1 but the effects weren't too dramatic since they scale off existing stats in most cases (some exceptions like movement speed). I was level 23 by the time I beat Skeleton King. At this point I had to tune down to Expert Difficulty as things were taking way too long to kill. Last night I beat Act 1 and I'm sitting at level 35. Quite the dramatic change from previous leveling speeds. Fights seem to go slower but experiences rises much more quickly. Each trivial monster you slay basically has a visible gain on your experience bar.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
March 06 2014 18:12 GMT
#1151
On March 07 2014 02:55 willoc wrote:
I started my Wiz again soloing Torment I difficulty with a hellfire ring. Was surpirsed I could spent my paragon points at level 1 but the effects weren't too dramatic since they scale off existing stats in most cases (some exceptions like movement speed). I was level 23 by the time I beat Skeleton King. At this point I had to tune down to Expert Difficulty as things were taking way too long to kill. Last night I beat Act 1 and I'm sitting at level 35. Quite the dramatic change from previous leveling speeds. Fights seem to go slower but experiences rises much more quickly. Each trivial monster you slay basically has a visible gain on your experience bar.

Yeah killing anything on any difficulty above hard gives you way too much xp and I think they need to tune it down a bit. Maybe not change the normal xp, but the scaling above that. Plus power leveling is crazy easy now, in about 30 mins in act 3 torment 6 I powered my friend to lvl 53 (dropped it to torment 3 at level 45) and we were being overly careful and checking every item for upgrades. In the beginning he was getting several levels at once for a big group, it was ridiculous.
Writer
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
March 08 2014 00:31 GMT
#1152
finally got a hc char to 60, was already doing torment1, computer crashes... :[
Kevmeister @ Dota2
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
March 08 2014 01:15 GMT
#1153
What's the best difficulty to level a fresh character on? I was doing hard and it seemed pretty solid, good xp bonus without much of a bump in difficulty.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
March 08 2014 01:34 GMT
#1154
On March 08 2014 10:15 KillerSOS wrote:
What's the best difficulty to level a fresh character on? I was doing hard and it seemed pretty solid, good xp bonus without much of a bump in difficulty.

probably the highest you can savely do. the exp bonus stacks up quite heavily...
i would, however, lower the difficulty before bossfights. those azmodan meteors & co are still heavy hitters.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
March 08 2014 01:42 GMT
#1155
On March 08 2014 10:34 Black Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2014 10:15 KillerSOS wrote:
What's the best difficulty to level a fresh character on? I was doing hard and it seemed pretty solid, good xp bonus without much of a bump in difficulty.

probably the highest you can savely do. the exp bonus stacks up quite heavily...
i would, however, lower the difficulty before bossfights. those azmodan meteors & co are still heavy hitters.


The loss of speed is worth the extra 25%? I mean it stacks with the 50% community bonus but still...
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
March 08 2014 01:49 GMT
#1156
I tend to start on hard or expert until I find myself some decent items and switch to master then.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
March 08 2014 10:36 GMT
#1157
You can easily start on master if you are willing to constantly check vendors and upgrade accordingly. IMO the speed of leveling is worth the 40-50k you will spend. My friend and I started on master and had no issues with anything. If they are available to you, rubies and diamonds will make it quite painless. Ruby in weapon, stack diamonds in all other slots. 34 AR from one socket is very OP early on. Even on master you won't be taking damage. There will be a point where you need to turn it down to expert, somewhere around level 35ish or so simply for efficiency. Your DPS won't be able to keep up with how HP scales on master at higher levels.
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
March 08 2014 19:34 GMT
#1158
I started hc DH on master and it was pretty funny. Getting to Cain took me 1 hour, cause mobs had tons of hp and I did 0 dmg. But on the plus side, I have level 25 in Fields of Misery, and after getting a few items along the way it's manageable. Though I think I'll switch down to expert, to cut down on the time it takes to kill stuff.

I've got a question, if I drop legendary at let's say level 30, but identify it at level 60 will I get stats for 30 or 60?
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
March 08 2014 19:54 GMT
#1159
On March 09 2014 04:34 ViperPL wrote:
I started hc DH on master and it was pretty funny. Getting to Cain took me 1 hour, cause mobs had tons of hp and I did 0 dmg. But on the plus side, I have level 25 in Fields of Misery, and after getting a few items along the way it's manageable. Though I think I'll switch down to expert, to cut down on the time it takes to kill stuff.

I've got a question, if I drop legendary at let's say level 30, but identify it at level 60 will I get stats for 30 or 60?

item stats are determined when they are dropped.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
March 15 2014 01:54 GMT
#1160
so are diamonds the way to go over vit now?
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 166
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13442
Hyuk 470
Soma 178
Stork 177
actioN 127
Rush 125
EffOrt 86
Mong 78
Bisu 75
Shinee 69
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 59
Killer 58
ToSsGirL 48
Bale 47
Shine 43
Noble 30
Sharp 30
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 9
sorry 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1692
League of Legends
JimRising 441
Counter-Strike
olofmeister915
shoxiejesuss912
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Other Games
gofns24263
summit1g7806
singsing1170
ceh9511
crisheroes148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick691
BasetradeTV148
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 13
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV162
• lizZardDota2157
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
38m
INu's Battles
1h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 38m
OSC
12h 53m
Replay Cast
13h 38m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.