• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:35
CEST 07:35
KST 14:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7528 users

MLG interviews Idra before MLG D.C. - Page 2

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
103 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
October 12 2010 01:56 GMT
#21
On October 12 2010 10:39 PallasAthena wrote:
Rainbow played like trash in the finals? 0.o

Why do I get the feeling that if he played rainbow in the finals...idra would not have won.


everything agrees that he played like shit.
Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 12 2010 01:56 GMT
#22
IdrA has grown so much, in both skill and maturity. Really awesome to see, gl man!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
NoiSeN
Profile Joined August 2010
United States20 Posts
October 12 2010 01:59 GMT
#23
awesome interview IDRA FIGHTING!
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
October 12 2010 01:59 GMT
#24
On October 12 2010 10:50 mierin wrote:
Okay...IdrA just said FruidDealer was really good. Has he ever publicly said that about anyone else? (besides FlaSh/JD)


G5, Snow, Nony he likes because they aren't gimmicky like most protosses. (sc1)
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
October 12 2010 02:00 GMT
#25
<3 idra
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
October 12 2010 02:01 GMT
#26
On October 12 2010 10:56 hero33 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 10:39 PallasAthena wrote:
Rainbow played like trash in the finals? 0.o

Why do I get the feeling that if he played rainbow in the finals...idra would not have won.


everything agrees that he played like shit.


Yes.

It's just people disagree on how to say it.

Some people say "play like shit", other say "played like trash", and other say "did not play to his full potential"

But many people, including other good players (watch state of the game 2 weeks ago) will agree that, while they are glad a zerg won, they wish rainbow would of played better and not lost SO CONVINCINGLY..


I hope IdrA wins MLG :D
Tyrio
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3248 Posts
October 12 2010 02:02 GMT
#27
MLG: Last but not least, where do you see yourself placing in D.C.?

Idra: I expect to win


Love the confidence. Idra fighting!

[NA] Tyrio.486 / Ahsh
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
October 12 2010 02:02 GMT
#28
On October 12 2010 10:44 whitelynx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 10:39 PallasAthena wrote:
Rainbow played like trash in the finals? 0.o

Why do I get the feeling that if he played rainbow in the finals...idra would not have won.


You do not need to be better then someone to criticize their play. Almost everybody in teamliquid does this.


I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks for the interview, a solid read.
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
Mereel
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany895 Posts
October 12 2010 02:02 GMT
#29
nice interview...i like the last answer^^
TPW Mapmaking Team
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
October 12 2010 02:02 GMT
#30
Can't wait for MLG, Idra is gonna steamroll that shit.

"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Koh
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom111 Posts
October 12 2010 02:03 GMT
#31
I've always thought that copy and pasting an entire article from another website is a bit cheeky, they went to the effort of getting and writing up the interview, of course they will appreciate the link, but it's always more polite I feel to offer a concise summary with a few direct quotes, and then provide the link so those interested can read further and the website can get more page hits. Just my opinion and I suppose it's not a big deal. Now you're going to tell me you wrote it, and I'll look silly :p
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
October 12 2010 02:04 GMT
#32
Idra's interviews are always so fundamentally different from any other interviews. So much fun to read
Good luck at MLG, Idra!
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
October 12 2010 02:06 GMT
#33
On October 12 2010 11:03 Koh wrote:
I've always thought that copy and pasting an entire article from another website is a bit cheeky, they went to the effort of getting and writing up the interview, of course they will appreciate the link, but it's always more polite I feel to offer a concise summary with a few direct quotes, and then provide the link so those interested can read further and the website can get more page hits. Just my opinion and I suppose it's not a big deal. Now you're going to tell me you wrote it, and I'll look silly :p


It is from MLG

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/314440/The-Swarm-Descends-upon-D-C-MLG-Interviews-Idra
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
October 12 2010 02:07 GMT
#34
Idra: The new style I've been playing ZvT is pretty creative; though it's been done before, it's never seen much use. My ZvP is quite a bit different now too, though not in a very creative way. Unfortunately no foreigners have seen the way I play recently so I'm not going to give it away here right before MLG.


This has me so pumped up for MLG this weekend.

HYPE.
MythicalMage
Profile Joined May 2010
1360 Posts
October 12 2010 02:07 GMT
#35
MLG: Last but not least, where do you see yourself placing in D.C.?

Idra: I expect to win.
Is it bad that I want him to lose? I kinda just want his ego put in place; I want him to see how good the top American players are. Or I want him proxy raxxed by some no name to see the Idrage.
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-12 02:11:33
October 12 2010 02:11 GMT
#36
^ What would you have rather have him say? "I expect to make it far. Not win, because there are a lot of good players. I might lose in round 3 and maybe in LB round 4. But I expect to make it far though like just up there and maybe just maybe if I get lucky, win."

Would that have made you feel better? Confidence = key.
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
October 12 2010 02:12 GMT
#37
Very intelligent answers by IdrA, agreed to everything he answered.

Thanks for the interview.
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 12 2010 02:12 GMT
#38
On October 12 2010 11:07 MythicalMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
MLG: Last but not least, where do you see yourself placing in D.C.?

Idra: I expect to win.
Is it bad that I want him to lose? I kinda just want his ego put in place; I want him to see how good the top American players are. Or I want him proxy raxxed by some no name to see the Idrage.


its not like he's saying top players suck its just he plays more then most of the top players and expects to win nothing wrong with it most top players should be having that attitude when playing in huge lans like these.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
October 12 2010 02:16 GMT
#39
Oh Idra, I like his interviews. Always so good.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
October 12 2010 02:20 GMT
#40
If Boxer said Zerg don't need a buff, then Zerg don't need a buff!

BTW, how on earth does Idra survive with next to no money during those 2.5 years? And how does he fund all these trips??
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 465
Hyuk 458
Leta 115
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Other Games
summit1g9953
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick927
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Rush1369
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 26m
INu's Battles
6h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
Replay Cast
17h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.