• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8309 users

Relic vs Blizzard, lets show'em [Escapist Vote] - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 42 43 44 Next All
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 12:28:42
March 27 2009 12:21 GMT
#41
"Relic, by contrast, has the single best RTS out today, CoH, and now DoWII to boot. They really bring the game world to life, and all the tiny little details, the contextual voiceovers, the mind-blowing graphics and the physics round out incredibly involved and intense gameplay. "

"CantFaketheFunk: Also, consider how much MONEY Blizzard invests into their products these days, and look at SC2. It really doesn't make sense to release slightly-prettier-SC when they have a unique opportunity to leverage their reputation and actually push the genre forward, with assurance of success that Relic never had."



Don't worry, escapist forums just redeemed itself with some guy named Traun

+ Show Spoiler +
"Hmmm...Relic or Blizzard.

Blizzard for creting the PC gaming of today.
They popularized ( scratch that, created ) the idea of asymmetrical races in the RTS genre.
They created Diablo 2, a game that redefined RPG gameplay.
They made MMOs popular, there were MMO games, but before WoW there wasn't that much interest in the genre (no, Ultima was still a niche market )
And last, but not least - for making pro-gaming possible.
EDIT: Almost forgot - one beer to Blizzard for creating the most mod-friendly game ever (WC3) and taking care of their modding community (SC2).

Relic had a few fun game, some really good ideas, but nothing that changed things in the grand picture( admittedly they did polished the squad system, oh no, wait...that was Creative Assembly with the Total War series)."


I totally love this post, but most of all, the best thing about blizzard is that they listen to its fans more than most companies.


EDIT: quick question, is there any micro involved in these new games? (DoW/Company of Heroes)
I played the games (nothing seriously, just for a few hours) but all of these games feel so slow and the whole squad system destroys micro. I'm so happy that blizz has already confirmed that they aren't switching to the squad system.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
March 27 2009 12:21 GMT
#42
Registered and voted.

Guys FFS stop this pointless shit. Out community, especially the TL side, is light years away from those noobs in terms of maturity. They have yet to understand that we are actually providing COVERAGE for something that resembles a sport as much as it is a game. It IS balanced, and it IS going strong for ten years.

There is NO discussion in regards as to which is the most successful game, really. It's normal for people to favor what they know and like over what they don't know that well. For people whom Starcraft proved too hard of a game to play decently, there is DoW, and there is Relic. Seriously, my math teacher, who is fucking 40 years old, plays Diablo since it came out. He's marred with children and all that, and his fucking hardcore. I don't think hardcore fans get any more intense than that, but w/e, that's just my personal opinion.


STOP ARGUING WITH CHILDREN AND NOOBS, YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER, THANX
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 27 2009 12:21 GMT
#43
On March 27 2009 21:19 Hurricane wrote:
:D

You should post the one from mission 3 or 4 in vanilla when he meets kerrigan. I can't remember the exact dialogue.

something like this ?

Jim Raynor: Sarah, is that really you?
Infested Kerrigan: To an extent. I'm far more than I once was, Jim. You shouldn't have come here.
Jim Raynor: But, the dreams. I dreamed you were still alive, that somehow, you were... calling to me...
Infested Kerrigan: I was. While I was in the chrysalis, I instinctively reached out to you and Arcturus telephaticly. Apparantly, Arcturus sent Duke here to reclaim me. But that was then, Jim. I am one of the Zerg now, and I like what I am. You can't imagine how this feels.
Jim Raynor: So? What? Are you goin' to kill me now, darlin'?
Infested Kerrigan: It is certainly within my power, but you're not a threat to me, Jim. Be smart; leave here now and never seek to confront the Zerg again.
Jim Raynor: Doesn't look like I have much choice.
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 12:34:34
March 27 2009 12:30 GMT
#44
On March 27 2009 21:21 Scaramanga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2009 21:19 Hurricane wrote:
:D

You should post the one from mission 3 or 4 in vanilla when he meets kerrigan. I can't remember the exact dialogue.

something like this ?

Jim Raynor: Sarah, is that really you?
Infested Kerrigan: To an extent. I'm far more than I once was, Jim. You shouldn't have come here.
Jim Raynor: But, the dreams. I dreamed you were still alive, that somehow, you were... calling to me...
Infested Kerrigan: I was. While I was in the chrysalis, I instinctively reached out to you and Arcturus telephaticly. Apparantly, Arcturus sent Duke here to reclaim me. But that was then, Jim. I am one of the Zerg now, and I like what I am. You can't imagine how this feels.
Jim Raynor: So? What? Are you goin' to kill me now, darlin'?
Infested Kerrigan: It is certainly within my power, but you're not a threat to me, Jim. Be smart; leave here now and never seek to confront the Zerg again.
Jim Raynor: Doesn't look like I have much choice.

No, terran missions on SC, not broodwar. When she's a ghost and you have to cloak her and go in and kill some guys in a cc. Then you have to build dropships and the entire bottom of the map is an island.

I'm done arguing. I've made my final point and I'm going to play popkart. Have fun trolling.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
March 27 2009 12:34 GMT
#45
How is relic innovative they pretty much took the concept of their latest game from DOTA
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 27 2009 12:46 GMT
#46
ah these guys are boring, im over it
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
March 27 2009 12:56 GMT
#47
On March 27 2009 19:49 Plexa wrote:
Jesus reading some of those comments make my eyes bleed

The guy that said Homeworld > All of Blizz makes me want to be like the guy in that bash.org quote and create a device that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.
Peace~
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
March 27 2009 13:03 GMT
#48
On March 27 2009 19:22 Velr wrote:
You guys want to help to change that? Show em who made the best RTS ever.

DoW2 is so terrible it makes my brain bleed. Who needs a tech tree, anyway? *rolls eyes*

Voted Blizzard.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 13:04:39
March 27 2009 13:03 GMT
#49
On March 27 2009 21:56 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2009 19:49 Plexa wrote:
Jesus reading some of those comments make my eyes bleed

The guy that said Homeworld > All of Blizz makes me want to be like the guy in that bash.org quote and create a device that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.

LOL Your would fana.

Voted Blizz.
ya had ya shot kid!
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 13:04:35
March 27 2009 13:04 GMT
#50
Candrian
Yeah I registered just to vote but I've been a regular article reader for ages.

For me this isn't a very close run match up. Relic is by far the most innovative of the 2, sure Blizzard may have pushed a few envelopes 10-15 years ago but those were the days when video games were still a relatively young industry and pretty much anything could be called innovation. Nowadays Blizzard just seems to be content with going with the tried and tested formular, occasionally ripping off Games Workshop where they can just about get away with it (Don't flame me there, the jump-pack and dual-pistol wielding Terran unit in SC2 is just far too close to my favourite Warhammer 40k unit and as for Draenei, love them as i do, theyre still horned Tau)

Relic, however, continues to innovate to this day Company of Heroes, with its amazing cover system, has revolutionised the whole idea of the RTS genre and put the strategy back into a genre almost completely screwed over by Blizzards horrificly balanced zerg-rushes. Then to Dawn of war which is pretty much Star Craft 2 with all the trimmings and a good 4-5 years advance and if anything was a triumph of simple balance between the 9 completely different races. That's beating Starcraft by a factor of 3 without even trying.



Obviously a protoss player
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 27 2009 13:06 GMT
#51
I haven't played or seen DoW 1/2 and I was willing to hear them out until I found this


KaiusCormere:
Whether a game is balanced enough to be an esport, doesn't have anything to do with the fun factor. For me, the fun factor of Relic's games is the great variety of races in DoW1, the cover and micro tactics, the visceral melee combat... Warcraft 3 was fun - as a campaign mode, playing through the storyline I was impressed. It's multiplayer however, I only liked the custom maps that the community made. Starcraft 2 seems to be a step backwards, imitating the tired old WC2 style gameplay of Starcraft original. Starcraft may have had a very high skill cap, but...that has nothing to do with the fun for the majority of gamers.

boring base building and resource gathering needs to stay dead IMO.


Really? I don't even need to play dow to know it is a shitty game now.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 13:13:57
March 27 2009 13:13 GMT
#52
On March 27 2009 22:06 Hurricane wrote:
I haven't played or seen DoW 1/2 and I was willing to hear them out until I found this

DoW 1 wasn't so bad. Sure, it's not something you can play competitively at the same level as Starcraft, and their network protocol could be really bad, but there were bases, there were production and tech tree buildings, there were upgrades, there were army vs. army fights (granted, most of the micro you had to do was let your troops stand there and shoot while you use their special ability), and instead of expansions there were control points.

DoW 2, though... *shudder*. It gives me nightmares to just imagine what the hell they were thinking when they designed that game.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 27 2009 13:14 GMT
#53
DoW1 has base building, DoW2 doesn't - it's more of a Real Time Tactical game or something. Both have resource gathering tho, just not in the form of workers.

Anyway, Scaramanga, blatantly trolling like what you are doing there now.. I don't really see the need for giving the SC community a bad name >_< It's not a "mod-warning" or anything, just my personal opinion.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Catyoul *
Profile Joined April 2004
France2377 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-27 13:24:04
March 27 2009 13:16 GMT
#54
It's really close right now and we're behind.

(1) Activision Blizzard 49.8% (1750)
(12) Relic 50.2% (1766)

Only 19 hours left
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
March 27 2009 13:26 GMT
#55
How do I vote without registering?
Peace~
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 27 2009 13:27 GMT
#56
On March 27 2009 22:26 fanatacist wrote:
How do I vote without registering?

You don't.

It takes literally 30 seconds to register though.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
ToyotaDemon
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia150 Posts
March 27 2009 13:34 GMT
#57
Lol at the fun factor comment, obviously most DoW2 players have never played a game competitively, and they probably think they're good cos they bash some noobs (which at least 90% of DoW2 players are), I am top 800 or so after like not even 15 games and my only lost is due to a bug which made my squad unresponsive and made it run into the enemy HQ.

Through a professionalist view Blizzard is the better developer, the games are always released feeling polished, though balance upon release can be debated that can be fixed through patches which Blizzard is always excellent at (except 1.16.0). Relic on the other hand, is shithouse. No offense even though I bought DoW2 and even though I do actually really like the game, since the release of the game there was a game-breaking bug that wasnt fixed till like at least a month after the release. Most ironic thing was that Relic themselves stated that patching would be improved in DoW2, but instead they have to wait for Microsoft certification which takes 2-3 weeks and come up with a solution as well.

the original beta I thought was damn good, then patched beta was screwed over by so many bugs I decided to not even play anymore after that, but the original beta convinced me enough to buy the game. In every single one of their games, the patches have introduced more errors than fixes and I dont know what the "testers" over at Relic do but they suck dick and their balancing is shithouse.

Relic is innovative no doubt and can make good games but they seriously need to learn how to make a functional game before implementing innovation. Sorry to all the fanboys out there but DoW2 will NOT last long in the competitive scene especially once sc2 comes out. But hell DoW2 is W40k and thats more than enuff reason to play it.

Overall my thoughts are that DoW2 > SC for me, but Blizzard > Relic (by heapsszszzszsz). SC puts me off because I have to work my ballsack off just to beat some mediocre player and i just cbf to play it anymore. SC skill cap is much higher but if you are playing a player of greater or equal skill in DoW2 it wont just be an easy win.

DoW2 is a very fun game, just 3/4 of the fun is taken away by bugs and other technical gayshit that Relic should fix, I mean crashing randomly is kinda acceptable in beta but crashing randomly in a fully released game, albeit not a lot but like 20 games out of 100 or so, yeah that kinda tells alot about your development team.
rawr
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
March 27 2009 13:37 GMT
#58
On March 27 2009 22:26 fanatacist wrote:
How do I vote without registering?


Don't be lazy just register.
ya had ya shot kid!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 27 2009 13:39 GMT
#59
DoW2 is a very fun game, just 3/4 of the fun is taken away by bugs and other technical gayshit that Relic should fix, I mean crashing randomly is kinda acceptable in beta but crashing randomly in a fully released game, albeit not a lot but like 20 games out of 100 or so, yeah that kinda tells alot about your development team.

O_o 20/100? That's more than it crashed for me during the beta I would say (although if you count players disconnecting.....).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
ToyotaDemon
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia150 Posts
March 27 2009 13:42 GMT
#60
Btw why does anyone even care about that poll? It's not like it was posted on this site or that its CLAIMING that Relic is the better developer. Seriously I don't think anyone will even take the results seriously, its nothing more than a popularity contest (also a chance to laugh at some noobs who bitch about uninnovative design from Blizzard cos they cant handle anything above 100 10 apm)
rawr
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 42 43 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2101
GuemChi 517
Leta 295
sSak 35
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Noble 16
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto14
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Other Games
summit1g8281
ceh9309
C9.Mang0281
Happy214
Sick149
ViBE112
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Lourlo1135
• Stunt453
Other Games
• Shiphtur421
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 16m
Patches Events
9h 16m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.