• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11695 users

Hi, I'm Adam

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
September 16 2006 09:09 GMT
#1
I guess there's no avoiding the unparalleled drama that's already at hand, so I'm just going to take Mani's advice and make this post. Say what you will, it's already been concluded that bm posts don't affect me at this point. I've also already concluded that there are some of you who will absolutely not care about what I have to say because, well frankly, you won't believe any of it anyways (or it's just not good for gossip). These are the same people who still think Testie hacks and such ~

My name is Adam. I'm the retard that created/maintained Zia's persona online. Someone said I'm 23, but I'm 22. I turn 23 in October. Technically, November 1, but I tortured my mom through Halloween before I was born, so that's what we celebrate it on. I go to school at Chattanooga State Technical Community College (because I'm too poor at the moment to afford the University I want). I'm a journalism major, formerly psychology. I'm taking a break from school at the moment in order to persue a new job and move out with 3 of my friends. I really am the final fantasy geek and metal nerd I made Zia out to be. I am a guitarist/bassist, but not quite as good as I made her out to be. I recently acquired a very expensive GuitarRig program though, so sooner or later, those of you who were interested can hear my material. For those of you who don't care ... sorry you had to read those lines. Anyways, I'm about to get a job at T-Mobile, making enough money to hopefully pull me out of debt for school and bills, where I'll be working 40+ hours a week (well at least I'm praying for overtime). I'll be working as a customer service representative because hey, I know how to work people. I lead a rather normal but boring life. There's nothing particularly exciting about it.

Why did I create Zia? What was the purpose behind it? What fueled me? Why in the world would I go out of my way to do something like this? Well ... the answer is pretty boring. Depression. Extreme depression. In my case, depression fuels creativity. The majority of you will admit that Zia was too good to be true. A lot of people would say the same thing about God. I'm, in no way, comparing Zia to God, so I'm sorry for the horrible analogy, but it's all I could think of at the moment. She was created in January of 2001 (I think), so I was 17 years old then. Her life was modeled after several different people and 2 different things. The picture (listen closely Rek/Baal) is my real life friend who wishes to remain nameless. Yes, she knew I was doing this and just thought it was funny and silly. Several people contributed to her uniqueness in several different ways (some of those people are still unaware), but I was in direct control of her, her development, her background, her attitude, etc. A lot of her character development, background, and attitude was based on real life events, but honestly, a lot of it was bullshit because I thought I was slick enough to tie in some impossible scenarios and make them work. Not slick enough apparantly.

But don't look at me as an animal or a heartless creep. I'm really not. Seeking attention when you're depressed is human nature. It's how we work. Some of us seek it in a much more extreme way. Some of us just do strange things for no reason at all. Some of us don't even do it for attention, but for other purposes. I'm not saying I just desperately wanted attention and that's the sole reason why I kept her around, but I should definitely say that's part of it. Other people do crazy things when they get into certain mindsets or situations. Even our good friend Manifesto7:

Trevor - Manifesto7 says:
Trevor - Manifesto7 says:
i can, but you have to understand it was never a fair "fight" between you and me
Trevor - Manifesto7 says:
did you know I once posed as a girl on the internet
Trevor - Manifesto7 says:
and used the rape story too?
Trevor - Manifesto7 says:
first year psychology paper

His reasoning was different and his longevity was different, and that may very well be all the difference in the world to most of you, but to those of you who are exclusively focused on the gender bending idea, could you really think low of Mani7 right now? I certainly hope not.

For that matter, I could really knock on some posters, admins, and big-named players. This is not a threat in any way, so please do not take it as such, but those of you who know who you are, you know you've done/said things just as sick and beyond. I'm not trying to use this to justify my actions in any way, and I'm not trying to put the spotlight on others for their mistakes.

But anyways, I'm going to start out fresh. I do wish to continue posting on tl.net because I love the community, regardless of my extreme criticism. I'm sure no one will take me in, but I'm here anyways. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do yet, but whatever it is, it won't include messing with anyone's heads. You'll just get simple plain boring Adam. I have made my rounds of apologies, and I'm sure I've missed some people. I was going to completely change my msn, but a lot of people seem to want to keep contact with me. Since that's the case, I've decided not to change it. Therefore, if any of you wish to maintain contact with me or gain a new acquaintance (I guess the 2nd would be the most appropriate for the situation), PM me and I will give you msn. I am genuinely sorry for the deception, and I know that in some cases, there will never be enough apologies or long threads to make up for it.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 09:37:20
September 16 2006 09:12 GMT
#2
I am happy to see this post. Over the past week, I have talked to Adam quite a bit about the situation. When I confronted him with the facts, I gave him three options:

1) Come out and tell the truth himself. Clear his mind and start fresh, and honest. This is what I wanted to happen, and it did in the end.

2) Disappear, never come back, find a new smurf, waste 5 years of energy. I definately didn't want this to happen.

3) Continue lying, and force me to post. This is what happened at first, but then it became impossible. So, as of this post, we are back to number one.

Being honest after such a long period of lying is not easy. It feels unnatural. Combine that with the shame and humility of the deeds, and writing the above post took a lot of nerve and guts, when the option of disappearing was very easy and real. I do not know of many people who could stand up to this situation in this way, and be honest after so much deceit.

I feel that Adam is sorry for the hurt he caused people. No matter other people's opinions, there were people who were hurt. IcedEarth still exists, and IcedEarth is Adam. I felt it was necessary for IcedEarth to be re-introduced. Same person, less boobs. Some of you may not want to read any of the posts again, and that is fine. Some of you may feel the need to flame everytime you see the IcedEarth name. That is not fine. If you are looking for a cheap shot, try it elsewhere.

So, take it or leave it, Zia is gone and Adam is here.
Cheers
ModeratorGodfather
Twitt
Profile Joined December 2003
United States733 Posts
September 16 2006 09:14 GMT
#3
my sweet god...
MAN CLAN FIGHTING INDEED!~
maoam
Profile Joined June 2006
United Kingdom444 Posts
September 16 2006 09:14 GMT
#4
/care
I oink therefore I ham.
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
September 16 2006 09:17 GMT
#5
On September 16 2006 18:14 Twitt wrote:
my sweet god...
fanta[Rn]
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Japan2465 Posts
September 16 2006 09:17 GMT
#6
hello Adam, welcome to this community
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 16 2006 09:18 GMT
#7
This is so gonna make it on liquiscoop.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
bioboyAT
Profile Joined July 2004
Austria1765 Posts
September 16 2006 09:18 GMT
#8
somehow a pretty good read
Milchmann | DeadVessel: Milchmann pwns. I fail.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
September 16 2006 09:18 GMT
#9
They say innocence is bliss...I enjoyed the Zia persona.
Moderator
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
September 16 2006 09:20 GMT
#10
OMG MANI.. Ya everyone does stupid shit, and I said it to you on MSN as well.

Zia made people happy for the most part, so quit saying shit like.. "Oh I knew it!! I knew it!" because you didn't and a lot of the people who talked to zia for years had no clue.

oh and hi Adam
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Endurance
Profile Joined August 2006
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 09:22:43
September 16 2006 09:20 GMT
#11
Well there's no denying that most of us, the people you "had" for the last 5 years, will think that it's still pretty weird though. As you seem interested in psychology, you should know this. You don't seem to care too much though.

As people have said, you still did contribute a lot to the community, but in a very weird way. Haha.
-Endurance
hasuwar
Profile Joined April 2003
7365 Posts
September 16 2006 09:21 GMT
#12
Hi Mensrea
Diablo3 ID: Exalted#1710 -------R.I.P. http://hasuwar.isgsa.org. Much love to Toptalent
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
September 16 2006 09:22 GMT
#13
On September 16 2006 18:21 hasuwar wrote:
Hi Mensrea

yeah...who the hell is that guy?

And also that waxangel guy some of my acquaintances were talking about...
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
September 16 2006 09:22 GMT
#14
^lol.

Hello, Adam. Welcome to TL.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
September 16 2006 09:22 GMT
#15
what i don't get is

why the threads dude

why attention whore so badly
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-16 09:25:24
September 16 2006 09:23 GMT
#16
I am, in no way, affiliated with Mensrea. I've been trying to figure him/her out for just as long as you guys.

And Cow, I figured it would be a nice time to start being honest. I really don't care for the attention, so you're completely free of being forced to read this thread. Believe it or not, unlike Madcow, I'm not particularly fond of bad attention (which is what I expect a lot of during the coming years, assuming I still play), but I thought this would be a nice step in the right direction. If enough people decide it's not good enough, I guess that's my clue to gtfo. I'm just doing what I think is right.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
rpf289
Profile Joined October 2004
United States3524 Posts
September 16 2006 09:24 GMT
#17
can I have sex with your hot friend

plz

thx bud
SCNewb
Profile Joined June 2006
Canada2210 Posts
September 16 2006 09:26 GMT
#18
hi adam
Huge iloveOov fan
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
September 16 2006 09:26 GMT
#19
With what little I've read of "Zia's" posts, I'm pretty impressed with the character you created. She seemed pretty real. For me, it's actually kind of enjoyable to think about.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Newbistic
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
China2912 Posts
September 16 2006 09:27 GMT
#20
Haha I wonder if in a few days he'll be forced back into the girl persona...
Logic is Overrated
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 8327
Hyuk 631
FanTaSy 566
Horang2 530
BeSt 481
Stork 177
Pusan 111
sorry 105
Shinee 95
Killer 74
[ Show more ]
Zeus 72
Mind 69
Hyun 69
ggaemo 48
Bonyth 44
Snow 42
Bale 39
Last 36
PianO 32
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 21
Sacsri 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe119
League of Legends
JimRising 448
Counter-Strike
byalli331
x6flipin82
Other Games
gofns32361
singsing2212
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick685
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• Adnapsc2 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1230
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 46m
Replay Cast
12h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.