• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9090 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 8713

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8711 8712 8713 8714 8715 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 12 2017 04:40 GMT
#174241
i don't really see the point in electrocuting five children for being the idiot products of their idiot parents.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 04:50:02
September 12 2017 04:44 GMT
#174242
On September 12 2017 13:35 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
Just imagine it being 5 black kids hanging a white one.

Well, as I was referencing a Chapelle bit, I might as go all the way. It's quite likely that in the above case, they wouldn't be called 'young children'. (They) "knew what they were doing". I could be wrong, but I think it's likely.


Considering the descriptions of every black teen ever to "have done something wrong (not a necessity even sometimes)", yeah, i'm pretty sure the description would've been slightly different. Like in the case where black kids tortured the disabled guy.

I like cancer though, so i went through comments on multiple reports. This here is the epidemic that has a hold on the US (edit: actually the entire "west").

At 14 yo, the perpetrators should absolutely NOT be named by names. They’re young offenders, likely still in junior high. Kids make stupid, stupid mistakes and that shouldn’t ruin their lives.
Think of the stupidest thing you ever did at age 13-15 and think about if you would want to be judged for that now...


At age 14 literally the worst and most illegal thing i've done was to start smoking. And i swear by everything holy, i was scared shitless, because in my generation, if you did shit and your dad found out, he sorted you out. Something that i feel like should come back. Would sort out the current generation of absolute entitled dickheads, maybe.

Like what the fuck, we're talking a racially motivated hate crime and possibly attempted murder (or aggravated assault at the very least), and you have fucking imbeciles arguing that "aw come on, they're only 14". I mean, sure, if you want to imply that americans at age 14 are too stupid to gather that killing someone might have consequences, by all means. Back when i was 14, i never even would've thought of hanging someone, so there seems to be a huge disconnect with these kids already anyway.
On track to MA1950A.
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
September 12 2017 04:44 GMT
#174243
Can you believe that this story about Mnuchin and Tillerson getting to decide unilaterally who stays under Magnitsky sanctions and who gets their assets unfrozen is being buried by wall to wall hurricane bullshit? One of the biggest stories I've seen in a long time and one of the biggest red flags in this whole criminal conspiracy, and we haven't heard jack shit. I'm appalled and terrified.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/08/presidential-memorandum-secretary-state-and-secretary-treasury

Bonus: https://www.axios.com/russian-politician-says-russia-stole-u-s-presidency-on-live-tv-2484056561.html
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Kyadytim
Profile Joined March 2009
United States886 Posts
September 12 2017 04:58 GMT
#174244
On September 12 2017 13:12 m4ini wrote:
See my edit.

I do agree that you're failing currently, and the "undoing things" is what i mean by not making the same mistakes. I could also put it this way: go forward in time. Not backwards.

But, and here's the important part, that still doesn't make hatespeech less hatespeech. Nobody is denying (well, nobody sane, lets put it this way) that the US did wrong on black people. A black person throwing slurs at a white guy is not better or "more justified" than the other way around. If a jew comes at me, throwing slurs at me, curses and whatnot - i'm gonna knock the shit out of him if he's going too far, regardless of heritage. That's what i mean: hatespeech stays hatespeech, nobody has an inherent right to hatespeech because his ancestors were exploited. Of course, since it's legal, nobody should stop him, but it doesn't really help his otherwise valid point.

It's a bit like jews, concentration camps and palestine. It makes your argument kind of invalid even if it's correct (it's kinda hard to explain what i'm trying to say, 5:20 in the morning and english not sufficient enough).

Show nested quote +
I find it somewhat sad that some people are more passionate about arguing over Coates being racist than about discussing the problem that leads a bunch of teenage boys to think it's okay to put a makeshift noose around a dark-skinned child's neck and push him off a picnic table, effectively hanging him.


Interesting argument. I assume you're a homophobe because you didn't participate in the lgbt discussions?

I made a comment towards the kids, but what exactly do you expect people to discuss? That one could've seen this coming a mile away? That it only was a matter of time in the current climate in the US?

It's a fucking logical conclusion to what's happening in the US, there's nothing to discuss. There's plenty to fix, but everything in that regard has been said over and over dozens of times.

I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.

Even still...

On September 12 2017 13:12 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 13:06 Kyadytim wrote:
I find it somewhat sad that some people are more passionate about arguing over Coates being racist than about discussing the problem that leads a bunch of teenage boys to think it's okay to put a makeshift noose around a dark-skinned child's neck and push him off a picnic table, effectively hanging him.

Go read or reread Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from a Birmingham Jail, then re-examine whether you think Coates talking negatively about "whiteness" is really that important of a problem.

Maybe some of us aren't particularly interested in pointing out the obvious? Feel free to participate in the puerile if you really want to. No one's stopping you. Just don't make the mistake of drawing stupid conclusions from the silence of others on the subject.

Uh... It's pretty reasonable to conclude from what people spend their time on that they value the things they spend time on more than the things they don't spend time on. You didn't even bother with a

Anyway, let's move a little past the obvious of "this is bad." Let's also take the racial element out of it. How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 05:04:26
September 12 2017 05:01 GMT
#174245
I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.


Should i quote you or do you remember what you said after people didn't immediately jump on this, mainly because they were discussing something else?

How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"


Teach them consequences. It literally is that easy.

I learned the concept of consequences early, and i've never forgotten. I also have never gone to jail, or did anything majorly criminal or violent (yeah, i used public transports without ticket, that kinda stuff).

I know many people here will disagree, but a good justified beating does help. If you associate doing "shit" with "having pain", that's a good thing. If you have no grasp of the concept of consequences, well. I guess you hang people for fun.
On track to MA1950A.
Kyadytim
Profile Joined March 2009
United States886 Posts
September 12 2017 05:05 GMT
#174246
On September 12 2017 14:01 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.


Should i quote you or do you remember what you said after people didn't immediately jump on this, mainly because they were discussing something else?

Show nested quote +
How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"


Teach them consequences.

You should probably have quoted me, because I am terrible at this, but I can look back and check. Hmm... Yup, I should probably stop spending my time talking to you about this, because it's really not worth either of us spending time on. Especially as it's past 5AM for you. I don't want to keep you up.

Also, that question was directed to xDaunt. Teach them consequences is a good idea, but it does assume that there's going to be significant consequences for them. This might not be the case, which is another problem that I'd like to see how xDaunt thinks should be addressed.
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 05:18:52
September 12 2017 05:10 GMT
#174247
On September 12 2017 14:05 Kyadytim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 14:01 m4ini wrote:
I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.


Should i quote you or do you remember what you said after people didn't immediately jump on this, mainly because they were discussing something else?

How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"


Teach them consequences.

You should probably have quoted me, because I am terrible at this, but I can look back and check. Hmm... Yup, I should probably stop spending my time talking to you about this, because it's really not worth either of us spending time on. Especially as it's past 5AM for you. I don't want to keep you up.

Also, that question was directed to xDaunt. Teach them consequences is a good idea, but it does assume that there's going to be significant consequences for them. This might not be the case, which is another problem that I'd like to see how xDaunt thinks should be addressed.


You were "bitching" about us talking about the black possibly racist guy (whatever the name was), rather than the stringing incident. That's because it kinda doesn't make sense to argue 7 things at once.

Apart from that, see my edit. They did this, i assume, because they don't grasp/fear the concept of consequences. That has to start way earlier.

As a good example, i've got a nephew, almost 8 years old. Every time my sister in law comes over with him, and i watch her to get him to put his shoes on for 20 minutes, i think to myself "girl, that'll be fun in the future". That's where it starts. He literally doesn't understand that if he's being told something, he has to do it. Because there's no consequence other than his mother saying "Dewi please, i said put the shoes on" for 20 minutes, he's simply not doing it. Why would he, he has the choice of playing his DS and ignoring his mother, or putting his shoes on. Back then, i didn't have a choice once being told "do this". Either i did, or i had to sit through various consequences ranging from "not being able to go out and play", having my Amiga taken away, a fun fair on my ass (Arsch hat Kirmes, german phrase - getting arse-slapped, basically), etc.

That's something that's socially not acceptable nowadays anymore. Sadly.
On track to MA1950A.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
September 12 2017 05:22 GMT
#174248
On September 12 2017 14:01 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.


Should i quote you or do you remember what you said after people didn't immediately jump on this, mainly because they were discussing something else?

Show nested quote +
How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"


Teach them consequences. It literally is that easy.

I learned the concept of consequences early, and i've never forgotten. I also have never gone to jail, or did anything majorly criminal or violent (yeah, i used public transports without ticket, that kinda stuff).

I know many people here will disagree, but a good justified beating does help. If you associate doing "shit" with "having pain", that's a good thing. If you have no grasp of the concept of consequences, well. I guess you hang people for fun.


That's just it about America (and I suspect other societies around different lines) there's some kids who get called super predators and need to be brought to heel and other kids who are misguided youths who need protection from the consequences of their behavior.

I don't believe in American prisons at all, or that the justice system as being much more than a revenge machine, so I don't think they also need to be labeled super predators or anything.

I do find it curious that so many who leap to talk about "culture" when it's non-white people who seem to be displaying a pattern of violence, but when it's white people it's back to individuals. Though I wouldn't leap to the conclusion some of our regulars are readily convinced these white kids hanging this biracial kid was actually racist, nor the concern to protect the perpetrators as opposed to getting justice (in the traditional American sense) for the victim.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 12 2017 05:27 GMT
#174249
On September 12 2017 14:01 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
I think a better rejoinder might have been that I don't care about LGBT rights because I didn't participate in that discussion. More accurate would be that I completely missed that discussion. I get up some mornings and discover that there's ten new pages on this thread and don't have the time to catch up with the thread. You're probably right about there being nothing left to discuss.


Should i quote you or do you remember what you said after people didn't immediately jump on this, mainly because they were discussing something else?

Show nested quote +
How about "What do you think could be changed in American society such that teens don't think it's acceptable to hurt other people for entertainment?"


Teach them consequences. It literally is that easy.

I learned the concept of consequences early, and i've never forgotten. I also have never gone to jail, or did anything majorly criminal or violent (yeah, i used public transports without ticket, that kinda stuff).

I know many people here will disagree, but a good justified beating does help. If you associate doing "shit" with "having pain", that's a good thing. If you have no grasp of the concept of consequences, well. I guess you hang people for fun.


get the switch out

User was temp banned for this post.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 06:02:19
September 12 2017 06:02 GMT
#174250
On September 12 2017 13:44 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 13:35 Falling wrote:
Just imagine it being 5 black kids hanging a white one.

Well, as I was referencing a Chapelle bit, I might as go all the way. It's quite likely that in the above case, they wouldn't be called 'young children'. (They) "knew what they were doing". I could be wrong, but I think it's likely.


Considering the descriptions of every black teen ever to "have done something wrong (not a necessity even sometimes)", yeah, i'm pretty sure the description would've been slightly different. Like in the case where black kids tortured the disabled guy.

I like cancer though, so i went through comments on multiple reports. This here is the epidemic that has a hold on the US (edit: actually the entire "west").

Show nested quote +
At 14 yo, the perpetrators should absolutely NOT be named by names. They’re young offenders, likely still in junior high. Kids make stupid, stupid mistakes and that shouldn’t ruin their lives.
Think of the stupidest thing you ever did at age 13-15 and think about if you would want to be judged for that now...


At age 14 literally the worst and most illegal thing i've done was to start smoking. And i swear by everything holy, i was scared shitless, because in my generation, if you did shit and your dad found out, he sorted you out. Something that i feel like should come back. Would sort out the current generation of absolute entitled dickheads, maybe.

Like what the fuck, we're talking a racially motivated hate crime and possibly attempted murder (or aggravated assault at the very least), and you have fucking imbeciles arguing that "aw come on, they're only 14". I mean, sure, if you want to imply that americans at age 14 are too stupid to gather that killing someone might have consequences, by all means. Back when i was 14, i never even would've thought of hanging someone, so there seems to be a huge disconnect with these kids already anyway.

Yes let's start beating our kids again and have authoritarian father figures. This never went wrong in any shape or form.
passive quaranstream fan
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 06:09:28
September 12 2017 06:08 GMT
#174251
I think all the research says that it doesn't work.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
September 12 2017 06:12 GMT
#174252
I suspect that somewhere between child abuse and raising narcissistic little shits there might be a golden mean.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 12 2017 06:27 GMT
#174253
You are probably right.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
September 12 2017 06:34 GMT
#174254
On September 12 2017 13:40 IgnE wrote:
i don't really see the point in electrocuting five children for being the idiot products of their idiot parents.


When I theorycraft the future generation one of the main things I'm afraid of is that it won't have to be their idiot parents at all anymore, the internet has the capacity to get you there quite fast. From Gamergate to Sargon, and if you don't really agree with Sargon on the "right" things, with reddit and Kekistan giving you the impression that it's a funny joke, you can end up at Black Pigeon Speaks quite fast, the whole process should take like about two years I would guess.

Don't really have a solution. Just think it might be a problem.
No will to live, no wish to die
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
September 12 2017 08:13 GMT
#174255
On September 12 2017 15:34 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 13:40 IgnE wrote:
i don't really see the point in electrocuting five children for being the idiot products of their idiot parents.


When I theorycraft the future generation one of the main things I'm afraid of is that it won't have to be their idiot parents at all anymore, the internet has the capacity to get you there quite fast. From Gamergate to Sargon, and if you don't really agree with Sargon on the "right" things, with reddit and Kekistan giving you the impression that it's a funny joke, you can end up at Black Pigeon Speaks quite fast, the whole process should take like about two years I would guess.

Don't really have a solution. Just think it might be a problem.

Is it good or bad that you lost me after gamergate. Wtf is Sargon and all that other stuff?
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 08:48:23
September 12 2017 08:47 GMT
#174256
On September 12 2017 17:13 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 15:34 Nebuchad wrote:
On September 12 2017 13:40 IgnE wrote:
i don't really see the point in electrocuting five children for being the idiot products of their idiot parents.


When I theorycraft the future generation one of the main things I'm afraid of is that it won't have to be their idiot parents at all anymore, the internet has the capacity to get you there quite fast. From Gamergate to Sargon, and if you don't really agree with Sargon on the "right" things, with reddit and Kekistan giving you the impression that it's a funny joke, you can end up at Black Pigeon Speaks quite fast, the whole process should take like about two years I would guess.

Don't really have a solution. Just think it might be a problem.

Is it good or bad that you lost me after gamergate. Wtf is Sargon and all that other stuff?


It's politics on youtube. Sargon is far right and he poses as a skeptic/rational centrist. You get to him from gamergate cause he's also antifeminist of course. Then you grow up a little in this environment and in these ideas and you have a path that is I think quite easy/intuitive to follow if you don't have other influences, from there to outright extremist voices like BPS or The Alternative Hypothesis.
No will to live, no wish to die
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
September 12 2017 08:49 GMT
#174257
KEKistan is nsfw btw
passive quaranstream fan
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12023 Posts
September 12 2017 10:02 GMT
#174258
On September 12 2017 15:27 Falling wrote:
You are probably right.


There is a bunch of research on this, too. Basically the consensus is that the style of raising your children that produces the best results (Less criminal, better at school, more successful in live, generally more happy) is the authoritative style. (This is not the same as authoritarian!). The general idea is "firm, but loving". There are clear rules and consequences to violating those rules, but those consequences are always dealt out in a loving manner. The parents have high expectations of their child, but they are fair. Consistency is important. Punishments are never handed out in anger, but always understood to be a fair consequence of the childs behavior. And obviously no physical punishments.

Regarding the topic of the lynching guys, i agree that there is a large difference in how black teens are portrayed when compared to white teens, and that is a problem. However, I also don't believe in mob justice. Releasing the names of underage criminals is simply not something that should be done, ever. There obviously need to be consequences for this kind of behavior, but those should be done by the justice system, not by a mob of random people. Of course, that would require a fair justice system, which the US doesn't really seem to have.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 12 2017 10:24 GMT
#174259
On September 12 2017 19:02 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2017 15:27 Falling wrote:
You are probably right.


There is a bunch of research on this, too. Basically the consensus is that the style of raising your children that produces the best results (Less criminal, better at school, more successful in live, generally more happy) is the authoritative style. (This is not the same as authoritarian!). The general idea is "firm, but loving". There are clear rules and consequences to violating those rules, but those consequences are always dealt out in a loving manner. The parents have high expectations of their child, but they are fair. Consistency is important. Punishments are never handed out in anger, but always understood to be a fair consequence of the childs behavior. And obviously no physical punishments.

Regarding the topic of the lynching guys, i agree that there is a large difference in how black teens are portrayed when compared to white teens, and that is a problem. However, I also don't believe in mob justice. Releasing the names of underage criminals is simply not something that should be done, ever. There obviously need to be consequences for this kind of behavior, but those should be done by the justice system, not by a mob of random people. Of course, that would require a fair justice system, which the US doesn't really seem to have.

Not to defend these guys, because that shit is clearly fucked, but isn't it a default stance of the media to not release names of people under 18 anyway?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 12 2017 10:53 GMT
#174260
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 8711 8712 8713 8714 8715 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 651
ProTech147
RuFF_SC2 122
Nina 105
Liquid`TLO 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18737
firebathero 84
Bale 20
PianO 12
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever236
canceldota44
League of Legends
Doublelift3271
Super Smash Bros
PPMD38
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu983
Other Games
summit1g6510
FrodaN1275
shahzam559
Beastyqt499
mouzStarbuck309
B2W.Neo271
ToD257
C9.Mang0192
RotterdaM93
Mew2King42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile154
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur627
Upcoming Events
OSC
55m
Replay Cast
1h 40m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.