• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13357 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 2998

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2996 2997 2998 2999 3000 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
strongwind
Profile Joined July 2007
United States862 Posts
February 23 2016 02:22 GMT
#59941
I'm trying to prepare myself for 4 years of Trump. I clench every time.

As crazy as he is, I'd take him over Cruz and Rubio. I can only hope he'll mellow out in office and reconsider deporting, oh I dunno, tens of millions of Americans. I hope that bar isn't set too high.
Taek Bang Fighting!
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 02:23:51
February 23 2016 02:23 GMT
#59942
On February 23 2016 11:21 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:13 oneofthem wrote:
real conflicted here. really enjoy cheering for trump to see the gop panick but trump can seriously win vs hillary and sanders

You should like Trump more. He's going to govern like a moderate technocrat.


That would mean that he will have to ignore 90% of the stuff he is continuously promising in the election cycle
m4ini
Profile Joined February 2014
4215 Posts
February 23 2016 02:28 GMT
#59943
On February 23 2016 11:23 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:21 xDaunt wrote:
On February 23 2016 11:13 oneofthem wrote:
real conflicted here. really enjoy cheering for trump to see the gop panick but trump can seriously win vs hillary and sanders

You should like Trump more. He's going to govern like a moderate technocrat.


That would mean that he will have to ignore 90% of the stuff he is continuously promising in the election cycle


To be fair, that's what politicians usually do.

Not that i would consider him a politician, but you know.
On track to MA1950A.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 23 2016 02:28 GMT
#59944
On February 23 2016 11:22 strongwind wrote:
I'm trying to prepare myself for 4 years of Trump. I clench every time.

As crazy as he is, I'd take him over Cruz and Rubio. I can only hope he'll mellow out in office and reconsider deporting, oh I dunno, tens of millions of Americans. I hope that bar isn't set too high.

For me, it's been Sanders > Rand = Clinton > Jeb! > Trump > Rubio > Cruz > other republicans (Carson/Christie/Fiorina etc), so you're not alone.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
February 23 2016 02:31 GMT
#59945
On February 23 2016 11:21 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:13 oneofthem wrote:
real conflicted here. really enjoy cheering for trump to see the gop panick but trump can seriously win vs hillary and sanders

You should like Trump more. He's going to govern like a moderate technocrat.

high variance on that one. in all likelihood not going to be good
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 23 2016 02:34 GMT
#59946
WASHINGTON -- A New York mayor is proposing to offer the first supervised injection facility in the U.S., making it possible for heroin users to inject the drug under the supervision of a nurse, as part of an ambitious and controversial plan to tackle heroin addiction.

"Using heroin is bad for you," Svante Myrick, the mayor of Ithaca, New York, told The Huffington Post on Monday. “Dying from an overdose is even worse. We have to keep people alive and get them the resources to get clean. They won't get those resources in public bathrooms and behind dumpsters in alleys."

Myrick argued that supervised injection facilities have the ability to "save lives, reduce illnesses and help people kick heroin." Canada and Europe have brought down their numbers of fatal overdoses using such facilities.

"Nothing else has worked," Myrick said. "We can't continue to try the policies that have so badly failed to keep our friends and family alive and healthy."

The Associated Press reported Monday on Myrick’s proposal, which he began crafting a year and a half ago after convening Ithaca's Municipal Drug Policy Committee. In New York, heroin overdoses jumped from 215 in 2008 to 478 in 2012, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Heroin use among 18- to 25-year-olds went from 3.5 percent between 2002 and 2004 to 7.3 percent between 2011 and 2013. That’s a 100 percent increase.

The complete report, which Myrick will release on Wednesday, incorporates recommendations from the Ithaca Police Department, the local syringe exchange and the Greater Ithaca Activities Center, as well as more than 350 community members, officials and stakeholders.


Source
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
February 23 2016 02:35 GMT
#59947
On February 23 2016 11:28 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:23 Nyxisto wrote:
On February 23 2016 11:21 xDaunt wrote:
On February 23 2016 11:13 oneofthem wrote:
real conflicted here. really enjoy cheering for trump to see the gop panick but trump can seriously win vs hillary and sanders

You should like Trump more. He's going to govern like a moderate technocrat.


That would mean that he will have to ignore 90% of the stuff he is continuously promising in the election cycle


To be fair, that's what politicians usually do.

Not that i would consider him a politician, but you know.


but the fact that he is 'anti-establishment' is the main point of his whole campaign. I really wonder what his supporters are going to do if he completely switches on day one.
strongwind
Profile Joined July 2007
United States862 Posts
February 23 2016 02:36 GMT
#59948
On February 23 2016 11:28 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:22 strongwind wrote:
I'm trying to prepare myself for 4 years of Trump. I clench every time.

As crazy as he is, I'd take him over Cruz and Rubio. I can only hope he'll mellow out in office and reconsider deporting, oh I dunno, tens of millions of Americans. I hope that bar isn't set too high.

For me, it's been Sanders > Rand = Clinton > Jeb! > Trump > Rubio > Cruz > other republicans (Carson/Christie/Fiorina etc), so you're not alone.

I think Cruz is the worst of them all. Where others are just plain inept, Cruz has a very solid plan for America. And that plan is to privatize everything he can get his hands on, a flat tax across the board (math so simple! yay), and completely gut the government of any and all programs. Maybe a tad hyperbolic, but since this is election season, I think I deserve a pass
Taek Bang Fighting!
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
February 23 2016 02:36 GMT
#59949
am i the only one imagining trump merkel and putin on a summit in a conference room discussing important foreign politics stuff, and trump poking putin in the side with his elbow: "see i told you shes on her period" or something similar?
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
February 23 2016 02:39 GMT
#59950
On February 23 2016 11:06 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 10:18 ticklishmusic wrote:
On February 23 2016 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Yes and no, it's a bit hard to tell with caucuses. NH turned out very well, even considering any advantages he may have had there.


<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Actually I'm willing to drop the banbet, I'd miss having a reasonable (and as xDaunt says, intellectually honest) Bernie supporter here and probably just not touch this thread for a month.

GH is Bernie-splaining to no end. I've decided not to be annoyed but entertained by it for the most part.

I think GH deserves an achievement award for most improved poster. He's actually been tolerable for some time now.


I'm going to go ahead and say that he's more palatable to you because you don't really have a horse in this race and you agree with his Hillary bashing.

On February 23 2016 10:21 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 10:18 ticklishmusic wrote:
On February 23 2016 09:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Yes and no, it's a bit hard to tell with caucuses. NH turned out very well, even considering any advantages he may have had there.


<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Actually I'm willing to drop the banbet, I'd miss having a reasonable (and as xDaunt says, intellectually honest) Bernie supporter here and probably just not touch this thread for a month.

GH is Bernie-splaining to no end. I've decided not to be annoyed but entertained by it for the most part.


Oh well now that's just sad. "Bernie-splaining" really? What does "Bernie-splaining" even mean to you*?


Your ability to explain why Hillary Schillary is losing and St. Bernard is winning (sometimes with an asterisk) despite the evil so-and-so's.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 02:50:41
February 23 2016 02:42 GMT
#59951
On a separate note, I think there's a solid chance he'd actually be a tolerable president, like a more asshole version of Biden personality-wise. But on the other hand, he could be horrendously bad. It's kind of like insurance where I'd like to minimize a potentially huge downside risk, though I suppose as a Democrat/ progressive/ moderate/ corporate shill I'm not really in a position where I have to make that decision.

Trump is proof that it's hard to be a well-informed individual, or at least you can be very successful in a certain area and be a complete moron elsewhere. Carson is example 2, though he's quiet so we don't give him quite as much shit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
February 23 2016 02:48 GMT
#59952
On February 23 2016 11:22 strongwind wrote:
I'm trying to prepare myself for 4 years of Trump. I clench every time.

As crazy as he is, I'd take him over Cruz and Rubio. I can only hope he'll mellow out in office and reconsider deporting, oh I dunno, tens of millions of Americans. I hope that bar isn't set too high.

The government can't exile citizens, can I ask where you heard that a Trump administration would deport tens of millions of Americans?
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
February 23 2016 02:48 GMT
#59953
I have no idea whether Trump would be good or bad for US internal politics (but have my money on bad), but unless your idea of diplomacy is the "you're with me or against me", piss everybody off, "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH" idea, Trump is going to be an utter disaster in the foreign arena, which is one of the few places where a president really matters.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 03:03:23
February 23 2016 02:53 GMT
#59954
Remember the Bush administration? It going to be just like that, but instead of Cheney, we just get more Trump. Seriously, he would run with his son as Vice President, saying "I trust him to do a good job if someone take me down." Nothing is beyond this man. But he would drive the country into the ground just like Bush did.

Edit: Just realized Trump would make it legal for him to bang his daughter.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
February 23 2016 02:59 GMT
#59955
On February 23 2016 11:23 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:21 xDaunt wrote:
On February 23 2016 11:13 oneofthem wrote:
real conflicted here. really enjoy cheering for trump to see the gop panick but trump can seriously win vs hillary and sanders

You should like Trump more. He's going to govern like a moderate technocrat.


That would mean that he will have to ignore 90% of the stuff he is continuously promising in the election cycle


I mean, 90% of what he's saying is literally illegal, so he'd kinda have to. I'm really not sure how he would govern. Lots of bluster, sure. Perhaps he'd leave most stuff in the hands of random advisors, and you would end up in a technocratic place. I'm not really sure he has a vision for America, unlike, say, Rubio, Cruz, or Bernie.

HRC's vision is of her being president.
strongwind
Profile Joined July 2007
United States862 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 03:10:03
February 23 2016 03:02 GMT
#59956
On February 23 2016 11:48 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 11:22 strongwind wrote:
I'm trying to prepare myself for 4 years of Trump. I clench every time.

As crazy as he is, I'd take him over Cruz and Rubio. I can only hope he'll mellow out in office and reconsider deporting, oh I dunno, tens of millions of Americans. I hope that bar isn't set too high.

The government can't exile citizens, can I ask where you heard that a Trump administration would deport tens of millions of Americans?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-deportation-plan-2015-11

I literally typed "trump deport..." into Google, it autofilled "immigrants", and that was the first hit i got. Deep Web research right there.
Taek Bang Fighting!
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
February 23 2016 03:07 GMT
#59957
Excuse me, but you said "tens of millions of Americans." Would you mind clarifying this - you consider people who enter and live in the USA illegally to be Americans?
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 03:11:52
February 23 2016 03:07 GMT
#59958
Lets remove due process. I am sure that will work out just fine and we won't end up deporting legal immigrants or legit American citizens. It not like we don't totally do that with due process right now. And lets not think about what deporting 11 million in a four year term looks like. Just think of the holding cells, trains and buses. Just think of the protests.

Don't think about it. Just think of the sweet wall Mexico will have to build.

On February 23 2016 12:07 oBlade wrote:
Excuse me, but you said "tens of millions of Americans." Would you mind clarifying this - you consider people who enter and live in the USA illegally to be Americans?


Are you going somewhere with this amazing line of questioning? There are people who think that the illegal immigrants should have a path to citizenship as long as they are not horrible criminals. Which is better that the people who want to deport everyone because they like wasting money on useless shit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
February 23 2016 03:11 GMT
#59959
On February 23 2016 12:07 Plansix wrote:
Lets remove due process. I am sure that will work out just fine and we won't end up deporting legal immigrants or legit American citizens. It not like we don't totally do that with due process right now. And lets not think about what deporting 11 million in a four year term looks like. Just think of the holding cells, trains and buses. Just think of the protests.

Yes, yes, his bark is worse than his bite, we're all familiar.

On February 23 2016 12:07 Plansix wrote:
Don't think about it. Just think of the sweet wall Mexico will have to build.

Why would it behoove Mexico to build a wall to stop their own citizens from entering the country?
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 03:15:53
February 23 2016 03:14 GMT
#59960
On February 23 2016 12:11 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 12:07 Plansix wrote:
Lets remove due process. I am sure that will work out just fine and we won't end up deporting legal immigrants or legit American citizens. It not like we don't totally do that with due process right now. And lets not think about what deporting 11 million in a four year term looks like. Just think of the holding cells, trains and buses. Just think of the protests.

Yes, yes, his bark is worse than his bite, we're all familiar.

Show nested quote +
On February 23 2016 12:07 Plansix wrote:
Don't think about it. Just think of the sweet wall Mexico will have to build.

Why would it behoove Mexico to build a wall to stop their own citizens from entering the country?

I was mostly talking about the entire idea of deportation of all 11 million undocumented immigrants being a really stupid idea. And the wall being almost as stupid, but its sort of funny, so its less stupid.

But seriously, we can just burn all that money that we would spend on that on the White House lawn. It would be better than the deportation pipe dream.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2996 2997 2998 2999 3000 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1598
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 286
EmSc Tv 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24583
Calm 2413
Shuttle 360
Mini 175
White-Ra 145
ZZZero.O 97
firebathero 81
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11361
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1341
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3965
Liquid`Hasu559
MindelVK6
Other Games
summit1g5196
Liquid`RaSZi2253
fl0m1661
FrodaN1339
B2W.Neo755
olofmeister639
Khaldor426
Beastyqt274
Livibee196
crisheroes151
Pyrionflax101
Mew2King68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 8
EmSc2Tv 8
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 27
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1221
• Shiphtur672
• WagamamaTV376
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 24m
Replay Cast
3h 24m
OSC
16h 24m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.