• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7704 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 10055

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10053 10054 10055 10056 10057 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 13 2018 18:18 GMT
#201081
His vision was to hire only the best people and that worked out very well
Neosteel Enthusiast
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
March 13 2018 18:28 GMT
#201082
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.



So.. Draining the swamp means firing people he hired himself?
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
March 13 2018 18:44 GMT
#201083
The mental gymnastics being put on in this thread to try to justify Trump's actions could win an Olympic medal.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
March 13 2018 18:53 GMT
#201084
This is the United States in 2018.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 13 2018 19:06 GMT
#201085
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
March 13 2018 19:11 GMT
#201086
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
March 13 2018 19:14 GMT
#201087
Cohn and Tillerson gone,it is the beginning of the end for the trump administration. There is like no way the administration will survive this year,but I thought that last year as well at some point so who knows.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 13 2018 19:28 GMT
#201088
His vision is, first and foremost, media attention to himself, and secondly, the wall + trade deficits + some standard republican stuff like tax cuts. Which is basically tantamount to not having a vision. There’s no credible argument that he has even a slight amount of policy depth. Just very vague ideas that don’t become a “vision” just because his supporters have always been willing to fill in blanks on their own in order to imagine something real. Really they just voted to say F U to liberals and the media.
Leporello
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2845 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-13 19:31:59
March 13 2018 19:29 GMT
#201089
Things are about to break, for sure. For better or worse.

These Russian killings in the UK will be pivotal. If Trump wants to brush off accusations against him and Russia -- what a golden opportunity! What better, perfect, more proper way than to strongly condemn Russia's actions and promise our ally whatever help it needs. Maybe even enact some sanctions.

Instead he fires Rex Tillerson. He doesn't fire Betsy DeVos for saying outrageously dumb things. He doesn't fire Rex after Rex called him an "idiot" or gutted various State Department offices. Instead, he fires him the day after Rex criticizes Russia in a rare bit of pointed rhetoric.

The House GOP declares Trump innocent, despite not having even interviewed people like Paul Manafort, a campaign chairman under indictment. This is all within a couple days. I think it's going to be a crazy week.
Big water
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
March 13 2018 19:31 GMT
#201090
This whole game of making reference to Trump's vision figures more as a sort of Rorschach test than anything else.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 13 2018 19:31 GMT
#201091
On March 14 2018 04:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.

This is perplexing to me, because it is painfully obvious that people like Tillerson and Cohn were not Trump people, which is why they were always at odds on policy. If you look back at what Trump did after the election, he very clearly tried to bridge the gap between the establishment GOP and his upstart Trump faction. Many of his appointments (like Cohn and Tillerson) were made to placate the establishment GOP and try to create harmony on the right. This is why Trump made Reince Priebus chief of staff and let Priebus run the show when it came to the selection of cabinet members. It hasn't worked, and Trump is very clearly ready to go rogue and do what he wants to do, such as with the tariffs.

And no, I'm not interested in doing a dissertation on Trumpism right now. I've written extensively about it before, so go dig up those posts if you're too lazy to read his State of the Union address or campaign speeches. And I'm particularly uninterested in explaining things to ignorant people who make thinly veiled insults towards me.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-13 19:44:28
March 13 2018 19:33 GMT
#201092
On March 14 2018 04:29 Leporello wrote:
Things are about to break, for sure. For better or worse.

This thing with the UK will be pivotal. If Trump wants to brush off accusations against him and Russia -- what a golden opportunity! What better, perfect, more proper way than to strongly condemn Russia's actions and promise our ally whatever help it needs. Maybe even enact some sanctions.

Instead he fires Rex Tillerson. He doesn't fire Betsy DeVos for saying outrageously dumb things. He doesn't fire Rex after Rex called him an "idiot" or gutted various State Department offices. Instead, he fires him the day after Rex criticizes Russia in a rare bit of pointed rhetoric.

The House GOP declares Trump innocent, despite not having even interviewed people like Paul Manafort, a campaign chairman under indictment. This is all within a couple days. I think it's going to be a crazy week.


I'm genuinely curious if you have any idea what you're talking about or if this is coming out of some weird neoliberal bubble?

How do people arrive at the conclusion him firing Tillerson is some move to punish him for saying a mean thing about Russia without being fed that idea sans any comprehension of the actual lack of substance behind the claim?

On March 14 2018 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 04:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.

This is perplexing to me, because it is painfully obvious that people like Tillerson and Cohn were not Trump people, which is why they were always at odds on policy. If you look back at what Trump did after the election, he very clearly tried to bridge the gap between the establishment GOP and his upstart Trump faction. Many of his appointments (like Cohn and Tillerson) were made to placate the establishment GOP and try to create harmony on the right. This is why Trump made Reince Priebus chief of staff and let Priebus run the show when it came to the selection of cabinet members. It hasn't worked, and Trump is very clearly ready to go rogue and do what he wants to do, such as with the tariffs.

And no, I'm not interested in doing a dissertation on Trumpism right now. I've written extensively about it before, so go dig up those posts if you're too lazy to read his State of the Union address or campaign speeches. And I'm particularly uninterested in explaining things to ignorant people who make thinly veiled insults towards me.


lol. K. So he didn't hire the best people out of the gate or the first few replacements around the cabinet, but this new incoming set will be the best. Got it

Was looking more for a distillation than a dissertation, and whether you support his vision (despite whatever imperfections you may see). Your inability to answer such simple requests says a lot about the value of your view, or lack thereof.

I'm not sure if the dodge is supposed to be from me or not, but I do my best not to veil my insults toward your arguments, thinly or otherwise. I think most of them are absolute trash and am not shy to say as much. This being one of them.

Confident those answers aren't forthcoming, you can carry on with the several lengthy responses you're going to make about why you're not going to go through the effort of substantiating your apparently absurd claim.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-13 19:50:42
March 13 2018 19:46 GMT
#201093
On March 14 2018 04:14 pmh wrote:
Cohn and Tillerson gone,it is the beginning of the end for the trump administration. There is like no way the administration will survive this year,but I thought that last year as well at some point so who knows.

You're a good self parody. There's no way Trump will survive this year, from the guy that said there was no way Trump would survive last year.

It's actually a pretty good microcosm of the majority of reporting on Trump.

On March 14 2018 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 04:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.

This is perplexing to me, because it is painfully obvious that people like Tillerson and Cohn were not Trump people, which is why they were always at odds on policy. If you look back at what Trump did after the election, he very clearly tried to bridge the gap between the establishment GOP and his upstart Trump faction. Many of his appointments (like Cohn and Tillerson) were made to placate the establishment GOP and try to create harmony on the right. This is why Trump made Reince Priebus chief of staff and let Priebus run the show when it came to the selection of cabinet members. It hasn't worked, and Trump is very clearly ready to go rogue and do what he wants to do, such as with the tariffs.

And no, I'm not interested in doing a dissertation on Trumpism right now. I've written extensively about it before, so go dig up those posts if you're too lazy to read his State of the Union address or campaign speeches. And I'm particularly uninterested in explaining things to ignorant people who make thinly veiled insults towards me.

Hell, Reince was incompetent in his former job in my opinion.

I expect one google search, "oh yeah, he talked about African American unemployment falling to historic lows. Fuck that guy," and back on message.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
March 13 2018 19:46 GMT
#201094
On March 14 2018 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 04:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.

This is perplexing to me, because it is painfully obvious that people like Tillerson and Cohn were not Trump people, which is why they were always at odds on policy. If you look back at what Trump did after the election, he very clearly tried to bridge the gap between the establishment GOP and his upstart Trump faction. Many of his appointments (like Cohn and Tillerson) were made to placate the establishment GOP and try to create harmony on the right. This is why Trump made Reince Priebus chief of staff and let Priebus run the show when it came to the selection of cabinet members. It hasn't worked, and Trump is very clearly ready to go rogue and do what he wants to do, such as with the tariffs.

And no, I'm not interested in doing a dissertation on Trumpism right now. I've written extensively about it before, so go dig up those posts if you're too lazy to read his State of the Union address or campaign speeches. And I'm particularly uninterested in explaining things to ignorant people who make thinly veiled insults towards me.


I guess I'm aware that people pay a lot of attention to the office of the presidency in America, but as far as actual authority goes, things are fairly limited in the executive branch. Your elected representatives in Congress have a lot more say in the specifics as to how things go than the president does. He's supposed to just push the vision that Congress sets. The judicial branch serves as a counterweight that can modify laws that are already in the books and in effect right now. It's a system of checks & balances. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that to really have an impact on national affairs it is better to get involved on a local and state level than on a national level. Also I'm trying to say that the president only has so much power to really change things.
stale trite schlub
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 13 2018 20:07 GMT
#201095
On March 14 2018 04:46 A3th3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 04:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.


I'm not really interested in other people's fight with you on this, I'm just going to say plainly again that he said a lot during the campaign and firing the people he hired wasn't one of them. So you seeing that as him making moves to enact his vision as you imagine it is perplexing.

As such, I'm curious what you think his vision is and/or if you agree with it. If you can't answer those questions, that reflects poorly on you, not someone asking.

Pointing to the campaign and saying "only an idiot doesn't know what parts of it I'm talking about" isn't a legitimate position here at all.

This is perplexing to me, because it is painfully obvious that people like Tillerson and Cohn were not Trump people, which is why they were always at odds on policy. If you look back at what Trump did after the election, he very clearly tried to bridge the gap between the establishment GOP and his upstart Trump faction. Many of his appointments (like Cohn and Tillerson) were made to placate the establishment GOP and try to create harmony on the right. This is why Trump made Reince Priebus chief of staff and let Priebus run the show when it came to the selection of cabinet members. It hasn't worked, and Trump is very clearly ready to go rogue and do what he wants to do, such as with the tariffs.

And no, I'm not interested in doing a dissertation on Trumpism right now. I've written extensively about it before, so go dig up those posts if you're too lazy to read his State of the Union address or campaign speeches. And I'm particularly uninterested in explaining things to ignorant people who make thinly veiled insults towards me.


I guess I'm aware that people pay a lot of attention to the office of the presidency in America, but as far as actual authority goes, things are fairly limited in the executive branch. Your elected representatives in Congress have a lot more say in the specifics as to how things go than the president does. He's supposed to just push the vision that Congress sets. The judicial branch serves as a counterweight that can modify laws that are already in the books and in effect right now. It's a system of checks & balances. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that to really have an impact on national affairs it is better to get involved on a local and state level than on a national level. Also I'm trying to say that the president only has so much power to really change things.

Yes, in theory, Congress should be driving the boat, but that stopped being the case with the birth of the modern administrative state. Power has been progressively centralized into the executive branch for decades such that the president now has considerable, unchecked authority to greatly influence policy nationally and internationally.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22661 Posts
March 13 2018 20:07 GMT
#201096
On March 14 2018 04:06 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 02:42 Gorsameth wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.
By all means keep pointing at vague things and expecting others to figure it out instead of putting yourself on the spot and actually naming Trumps plan that you think he is acting towards.


Why exactly do you expect me to educate you? I have better things to do than educate you on Trump's nationalist/populist agenda that he campaigned on. Besides, I bet that if I looked back at posts from the campaign, I'd find that you weren't listening then, either. You really shouldn't advertise your ignorance like this.

Trump repeatedly changes his positions and often contradicts himself within days on where he stands.
So yes when you make a statement that 'Trump is following his vision' I expect you to 'educate' me on what you think that vision is.

It doesn't help that you have a history of refusing to explain vague mentions so that you can instead turn around and go 'No I didn't mean that thing, I meant something else' when someone tries to argue with you.

If you can't be bothered to explain your position then don't proclaim it.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
March 13 2018 20:11 GMT
#201097
On March 14 2018 02:11 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 02:10 xDaunt wrote:
Only an imbecile would think that Trump has no vision. He very clearly does. Whether you agree with that vision is another story.


Which is...?

Eat the salad.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 13 2018 20:21 GMT
#201098
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.

Wheres Hillary at? Building the wall on day 1?
Con artists have a vision too.
© Current year.
IyMoon
Profile Joined April 2016
United States1249 Posts
March 13 2018 20:25 GMT
#201099
On March 14 2018 05:21 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.

Wheres Hillary at? Building the wall on day 1?
Con artists have a vision too.


Don't forget labeling china a currency manipulator
Something witty
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 13 2018 20:32 GMT
#201100
On March 14 2018 05:25 IyMoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 05:21 CorsairHero wrote:
On March 14 2018 02:36 xDaunt wrote:
And for all of the people who are acting shocked that I would dare suggest that Trump has a vision, did none of you actually pay attention to what Trump campaigned on? Perhaps you should finally start taking the man seriously instead of lapping up whatever bullshit MSNBC feeds you.

Wheres Hillary at? Building the wall on day 1?
Con artists have a vision too.


Don't forget labeling china a currency manipulator

And ISIS destroyed in 100 days.
Prev 1 10053 10054 10055 10056 10057 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 80
Codebar 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64301
Bisu 3097
FanTaSy 1279
Stork 583
Rush 457
firebathero 237
Snow 237
hero 166
Mind 114
Last 102
[ Show more ]
Free 86
Pusan 73
Sexy 68
Sharp 66
Sea.KH 62
ToSsGirL 45
Trap 42
Bale 37
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 15
Rock 14
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8052
Dendi1308
Counter-Strike
byalli1155
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
gofns39776
singsing2742
fl0m2440
Liquid`RaSZi1001
B2W.Neo619
Beastyqt467
Mlord331
Happy286
Khaldor212
Hui .210
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 86
• Dystopia_ 7
• HeavenSC 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV470
League of Legends
• Nemesis3549
• Jankos2979
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1473
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
OSC
9h 6m
Replay Cast
9h 6m
OSC
22h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.