• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:35
CEST 09:35
KST 16:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9999 users

coL drewbie's Strategy Guide

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Normal
compLexityGaming
Profile Joined January 2011
United States98 Posts
December 10 2011 00:04 GMT
#1
Drewbie has released a new Strategy Guide for you Terrans out there!

Hey guys, I wanted to do something nice for all of you for the holidays! I have been doing lessons for almost a year now, and I think I am a pretty good teacher (at least my students seem happy!). I really want to focus on streaming for a while though, so I decided that I am going to take a break from doing lessons for the next month or so. Instead, I am just going to give it away for free! So, I wrote out a few of my favorite Terran strategies and did my best to explain what to do in every situation when playing each build. I also included some replays of me doing the build orders and analyzed some of the games. I hope that players that are trying to improve, or are thinking about taking lessons or have in the past will try reading this, and I hope that you learn something that helps to make you a better player!


Link: http://www.complexitygaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456

compLexity Gaming
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
December 10 2011 00:06 GMT
#2
awesome thank you drewbie =D
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Raymano
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia27 Posts
December 10 2011 00:09 GMT
#3
Amazing guide! thanks a bunch! =)
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
December 10 2011 00:14 GMT
#4
On December 10 2011 09:04 compLexityGaming wrote:
Drewbie has released a new Strategy Guide for you Terrans out there!

Show nested quote +
Hey guys, I wanted to do something nice for all of you for the holidays! I have been doing lessons for almost a year now, and I think I am a pretty good teacher (at least my students seem happy!). I really want to focus on streaming for a while though, so I decided that I am going to take a break from doing lessons for the next month or so. Instead, I am just going to give it away for free! So, I wrote out a few of my favorite Terran strategies and did my best to explain what to do in every situation when playing each build. I also included some replays of me doing the build orders and analyzed some of the games. I hope that players that are trying to improve, or are thinking about taking lessons or have in the past will try reading this, and I hope that you learn something that helps to make you a better player!


Link: http://www.complexitygaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456


thank you drewbie, I sincerely admire you as terran
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 10 2011 00:21 GMT
#5
Wow, thanks a lot!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Iron_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States389 Posts
December 10 2011 01:23 GMT
#6
Wow, this must have taken quite a while to put together! I look forward to going through all of this! Thanks for the time and effort.
llKenZyll
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States853 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-10 01:27:24
December 10 2011 01:27 GMT
#7
Sigh drewbie.
He scars me on the ladder when we play with his mass mass mass marine TvZ style.
I totally recommend these guides therefore XD
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
daft21
Profile Joined November 2011
Switzerland15 Posts
December 10 2011 01:41 GMT
#8
thank you so much drewbie. especially your tvp guide helped me
itkovian
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1763 Posts
December 10 2011 02:25 GMT
#9
Awesome! I book marked it as a reference for the future
Thanks a bunch
=)=
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
December 10 2011 02:42 GMT
#10
Christmas......



Christmas came early...
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
RaE21
Profile Joined September 2010
United States260 Posts
December 10 2011 02:48 GMT
#11
This is awesome merry christmas drewbie!!
babyToSS
Profile Joined December 2009
233 Posts
December 10 2011 04:36 GMT
#12
Awesome guide much appreciated and strongly recommended for aspiring terran players!
babyToSS here! Can u go easy on me plzzz?
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
December 10 2011 05:20 GMT
#13
Thank you Drewbie! This is great stuff
Leahbjackson
Profile Joined November 2010
United States107 Posts
December 10 2011 21:04 GMT
#14
woot cool guide
HostilSpike
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom62 Posts
December 10 2011 21:17 GMT
#15
But Drewbie said we were all getting coal for christmas...
aRadiation
Profile Joined April 2011
2 Posts
December 11 2011 01:51 GMT
#16
Good read for a terran of any skill level
BeanwhizzJax
Profile Joined September 2011
9 Posts
December 11 2011 01:59 GMT
#17
Maybe win a few first, ColPewpie
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
December 11 2011 02:02 GMT
#18
On December 10 2011 11:42 FinestHour wrote:
Christmas......



Christmas came early...


Aren't you just easy to please.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
December 11 2011 02:20 GMT
#19
Thanks so much <3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
Arcanne
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1519 Posts
December 11 2011 02:21 GMT
#20
Nice! Drewbie still plays SC2.
Professional tech investor, part time DotA scrub | Follow @AllMeasures on Twitter
Sp4cem4nSpiff
Profile Joined September 2011
United States46 Posts
December 12 2011 02:19 GMT
#21
Awesome guide!! TY drewbie
Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of Amateurs.
jabberwockzerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States294 Posts
December 12 2011 02:20 GMT
#22
anything like this for the zerg-bugs?
I put the money in the jacket, and the jacket on the kangaroo, and now he's hopping away!
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
December 12 2011 02:28 GMT
#23
one of the best parts about this guide is the detail on scouting. It's more important than the build itself IMO.
Suichoy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada397 Posts
December 12 2011 02:48 GMT
#24
Thanks for the guide!
Starp
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada199 Posts
December 12 2011 03:37 GMT
#25
Thanks for the write-up. I like this stuff...gets me reading once a while.
"I am wasting away here...click me" - a big Thor
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
December 12 2011 03:38 GMT
#26
Constant aggression like this agaisnt zerg is really strong. If your first push kills all his creep tumors, then the next time you push it will be a lot easier for you. Putting pressure on Zergs like this also forces them to make mistakes, if a zerg misses larva injects then they lose larva forever. If you forget to drop mules for a while you can always go back to your base and drop 6 at the same time, the Zerg can't do that and if you force them to miss injects then they will not be able to keep up with your constant pressure.


I am a Zerg and the guide was very helpful to get another view point. These are the key points I saw that would apply for my games... some high level concepts there.
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
December 12 2011 03:50 GMT
#27
On December 12 2011 12:38 Spec wrote:
Show nested quote +
Constant aggression like this agaisnt zerg is really strong. If your first push kills all his creep tumors, then the next time you push it will be a lot easier for you. Putting pressure on Zergs like this also forces them to make mistakes, if a zerg misses larva injects then they lose larva forever. If you forget to drop mules for a while you can always go back to your base and drop 6 at the same time, the Zerg can't do that and if you force them to miss injects then they will not be able to keep up with your constant pressure.


I am a Zerg and the guide was very helpful to get another view point. These are the key points I saw that would apply for my games... some high level concepts there.

I think many players underestimate the importance of creep spread. Mid-game tempo in TvZ is largely dependent on how much purple goop is on the map.

Nice guide! Really strong standard stuff in here.
more weight
InvXXVII
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada242 Posts
December 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#28
Very awesome guide (even if you're not a Terran). Is it just me, or are way too few Terran and Zerg guides. Maybe it's just my selective attention (cuz I'm toss), but I seem to be seeing only Toss guides in the forum.
A good loser is still a loser.
stephen11
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom58 Posts
December 12 2011 04:35 GMT
#29
IdrA does not approve this thread.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
December 12 2011 04:37 GMT
#30
Who would want to read a guide by this scrub?

+ Show Spoiler +
lol jk, much <3 Drewbie! WIll check it out even though I don't play Terran just cause it's you!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
duk3
Profile Joined September 2010
United States807 Posts
December 12 2011 04:39 GMT
#31
That's an awesome guide, thanks!
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Zeme
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland8 Posts
December 12 2011 05:41 GMT
#32
Wow Drewbie, I cannot thank enough. This came at a perfect time as well since I just decided to make a comeback to SC2 ladder as a terran. I came here looking for some basic builds to start with but this is way better. Thanks so much for bothering.
Xorphene
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom492 Posts
December 12 2011 09:30 GMT
#33
This is exceptional, makes me want to mess around with Terran over the holidays!
T: Polt, Fantasy, Flash, Jjakji. P: HerO, Rain, Grubby, SoS. Z: Jaedong, Scarlett, Snute, Life. Casters: ToD, Apollo, MrBitter, Artosis, Day[9].
FirstGear
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia185 Posts
December 12 2011 15:34 GMT
#34
On December 12 2011 13:35 stephen11 wrote:
IdrA does not approve this thread.


Huh? Can't tell if you're being literal or it's a joke ><.
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
December 12 2011 15:55 GMT
#35
thanks for the guide <3 it will definitely help me A LOT.
ShamTao
Profile Joined September 2010
United States419 Posts
December 12 2011 16:04 GMT
#36
Wow, snap! Thanks a heck of a lot, Drewbie!
In the game of drones, you win or you die!
mechavoc
Profile Joined December 2010
United States664 Posts
December 12 2011 16:19 GMT
#37
Great stuff thanks for sharing Drew!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
December 12 2011 16:27 GMT
#38
On December 13 2011 00:34 FirstGear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 13:35 stephen11 wrote:
IdrA does not approve this thread.


Huh? Can't tell if you're being literal or it's a joke ><.


IdrA and Drewbie have had a cute little rivalry going on, whenever they meet

Drewbie, helping out e-sports noobs! Yay!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
December 12 2011 17:00 GMT
#39
I love you Drewbie
What a player
Ariion
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Poland50 Posts
December 12 2011 17:29 GMT
#40
Thank You Drewbie, just thank You
HoodedAvatar
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada115 Posts
December 12 2011 17:55 GMT
#41
everytime something from or about drewbie comes up, all i can think of is the IdrA vs Drewbie game casted by Husky, on kulas ravine(i think) from beta. Drewbie goes mass thors, and IdrA keeps sending wave after wave of ultras, IdrA realizes he will lose and begins to rage and BM hardcore, calling Drewbie names and so on, and Drewbie is completely nonchalant about it.

Drewbie <3
Hydrox911
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom261 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 18:25:55
December 12 2011 18:08 GMT
#42
Great guide, thanks drewbie.

EDIT: Also are there any chances of some replays with the guide, maybe just showing us little things of a build which you may have missed in the writeup. Sorry if I missed them.
No, Your Quote.
Vague
Profile Joined April 2011
170 Posts
December 12 2011 19:09 GMT
#43
This is so useful!! I'v read it all, and I love it. I hope it keeps growing. It would be great if Drewbie could add something about early TvZ scouting. I know this scouting is simple in comparison to TvP early scouting, but still, it would be nice to see his views on this.
DelugeSC
Profile Joined December 2011
United States96 Posts
December 12 2011 19:13 GMT
#44
Just throwing in my thanks. Great great guide!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 12 2011 19:21 GMT
#45
Even though I play protoss, its is still an awesome guide to read. I like the sections on the end game for TvP and nukes to deny a 4th base and cloaked ghosts in general. I also like the section on having the proper number of units to deal with protoss, which I think a lot of players do not think about.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
December 12 2011 19:25 GMT
#46
Sorry this is against our advertising policy. Please consider opening a Sponsored thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/advertising/
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 90
Bale 33
Aegong 28
ZergMaN 17
Killer 15
Mong 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Fuzer 124
League of Legends
JimRising 535
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King234
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1649
Other Games
summit1g8881
olofmeister654
ceh9436
Happy384
Sick169
ArmadaUGS132
crisheroes128
Livibee99
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Rush1938
• Stunt484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 25m
OSC
5h 25m
Stellar Fest
5h 25m
OSC
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.