• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:58
CEST 04:58
KST 11:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7343 users

Poll: Will you change race for HOTS? - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
October 26 2011 21:14 GMT
#41
Ill stick to protoss i dont have time to learn another race and i suck as it is sooooo....
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
October 26 2011 21:14 GMT
#42
--- Nuked ---
Glueburn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States496 Posts
October 26 2011 21:14 GMT
#43
I'm protoss, Might end up switching to pure Random though.
I'll have to fix my control group insecurities though D:
Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself. - Miles Davis
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:19:14
October 26 2011 21:15 GMT
#44
I will stay protoss, and I wont even make any of the new units unless they change the old ones. The new protoss units seem slow to get, very expensive, and (for now) look like they are only useful in a long macro game. I, however, never play a long macro game as protoss, and I will stick to my 1 and 2 gateway timings and all ins that I have relatively good success with.

That said, anyone trying to tech to the new units too quickly, or playing greedy and assume that I want to make the new units, prepare to die to a 4 gate or 7 gate blink all in. GG.

Some may say it is too early to have any opinions on how this will effect casual and professional play, but I am going to say that I do not like this expansion whatsoever at the moment for either aspect from a protoss point of view.

I actually dont see a reason to REMOVE units that were not used by "competitive" players. I am a casual player. The highest league ive ever been was low masters. When I log on to my other account in Silver league, I want to do a 2 or 3 base mass carrier attack, and now I cant. I dont want to copy terran or zerg units. There is a reason I dont play those 2 races is because I dont like them. I'll just say that there is no harm in keeping the mnothership and the carrier in the game for the people that want to use them. Obv they arent worried about them being OP.
RoyGBiv_13
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1275 Posts
October 26 2011 21:15 GMT
#45
I play zerg, but will be switching to toss UNTIL HOTS, then back to zergies. Why? CARRIERS, THAT'S WHY!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
October 26 2011 21:15 GMT
#46
Masters random player, most likely switching to Z, they have everything already and are getting even more.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
October 26 2011 21:15 GMT
#47
Gonna switch from z to t, mech Terran always seemed really cool and I think the new Zerg units will end up be overrated especially swarm host.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
October 26 2011 21:16 GMT
#48
BW zerg
WOL Protoss
Hots random :D
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
October 26 2011 21:16 GMT
#49
zerg since 2003 :D
first we make expand, then we defense it.
ChemBroTron
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany194 Posts
October 26 2011 21:16 GMT
#50
On October 27 2011 06:00 Roblin wrote:
BW Zerg
WOL Zerg
HOTS Zerg


in kerrigan we trust!


He, he. Same here. :-D
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
October 26 2011 21:17 GMT
#51
If terran does not get something in beta, might go zerg...
if you can believe you can concieve
Grapefruit
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany439 Posts
October 26 2011 21:18 GMT
#52
I'll ladder as random, but my main race will stay Zerg.
Starcraft 2 is funny, everybody picks the race, which he considers to be the weakest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
gForce.
Profile Joined January 2010
United Kingdom345 Posts
October 26 2011 21:18 GMT
#53
I will stay as Terran, I'm a lazy f**k to learn anything other than Terran, also HOTS might provide Terran with decent mech play vs Protoss so, yeah...
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:21:31
October 26 2011 21:19 GMT
#54
Can't really decide ^^. Right now I prefer Zerg but my favorite race is still Terran, i just don't enjoy TvP, but in HOTS that will probably change if i can go mech :D.

Gonna have to try it out, I'll probably play random for while before i choose. Pretty sure I'm not gonna play Protoss anyway.. Don't really like them now, and i suck at PvP. Besides, their new units seem kinda lame compared to the awesome new Z/T units.

If Protoss however turn out to be fun in HOTS I'll play Random
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
Sausafeg
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:21:55
October 26 2011 21:20 GMT
#55
On October 27 2011 06:07 FeyFey wrote:
Missing some options like, i down vote maps on ladder to get mostly only mirror matches. (hrhr i am evil). and the i switch between all 4 races x3.

And the option i would choose ! Switching from terran to Mech ^.^


I dont think your map vetoes have any effect on what matchups you get. I believe it finds a player then choses the map based on both players vetoes.

OT: I'm a protoss player and I'll either be sticking with protoss for HoTS or switching to random.
Darkong
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
October 26 2011 21:21 GMT
#56
Not unless the Viper is moved to Terran or Protoss between now and release :D
Trolling the Battle.Net forums, the most fun you can have with your pants on.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
October 26 2011 21:21 GMT
#57
--- Nuked ---
TeamBanished
Profile Joined September 2011
United States301 Posts
October 26 2011 21:22 GMT
#58
Protoss in Brood war means Protoss for life!

or it's just an excuse....
For Aiur
Kevan
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2303 Posts
October 26 2011 21:23 GMT
#59
My life for Aiur! But things like shredders, vipers and burrow movable banelings are tempting...
SC2, rip in pepperinos
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
October 26 2011 21:23 GMT
#60
I'm toss but I don't know if I'll stay toss, I will probably but I'm gonna wait till the game is more developed.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft428
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft428
RuFF_SC2 138
Nina 77
-ZergGirl 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2319
Bale 21
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1138
taco 410
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Other Games
summit1g8015
JimRising 679
Day[9].tv506
C9.Mang0361
WinterStarcraft252
ViBE147
Livibee146
Maynarde137
Sick122
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1079
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 13
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv506
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 3m
Stellar Fest
10h 3m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.