• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10097 users

Poll: Will you change race for HOTS? - Page 13

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
WigginOut
Profile Joined July 2011
United States8 Posts
October 28 2011 14:20 GMT
#241
Protoss probably switching to Random. I don't have time to commit to top level play, so I'll just mess around with all races in a slightly lower league. Plus then I may discover that I am actually better with another race as opposed to Protoss. (picked toss back when the game first came out because my macro sucked and warpgates helped me compensate for that)
phlebas
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany60 Posts
October 28 2011 14:24 GMT
#242
I was considering to switch to terran, but the design of the new terran units looks so boring at the current state, I might stick with zerg.
"i once thought i was watching a pvp but it turns out it was two geckos mating" - riptide
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
October 28 2011 14:28 GMT
#243
Well, I recently switched to Zerg, but if terran is more fun to play in HOTS, I might switch back
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
October 28 2011 14:30 GMT
#244
I might go to Zerg, I've been offracing as Z quite a lot for the last few months and it has been fun. I'll probably not decide till nearer the time though.
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
October 28 2011 14:32 GMT
#245
I might switch to zerg from protoss. I really like the idea of constantly spreading creep and constantly injecting and making drones n such. Been thinking about switching for a while now, but I might wait until HoTS before I do it
If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
October 28 2011 14:32 GMT
#246
Been happy with random as of late, gonna stick with it so I can abuse the new units for each race
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
October 28 2011 14:34 GMT
#247
I'll probably just play random for a while to gauge the feel of the races before I decide.
Tofugrinder
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria899 Posts
October 28 2011 14:37 GMT
#248
I play Protoss, but if everything will be like today announced then I will most certainly switch to zerg. Zerg feels just better designed with hots than protoss
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
October 28 2011 14:37 GMT
#249
I'm going Zerg after the release, playing Random at the moment.
junemermaid
Profile Joined September 2006
United States981 Posts
October 28 2011 14:42 GMT
#250
i come to surf.
the UMP says YER OUT
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
October 28 2011 14:45 GMT
#251
Well, so far in the poll here are the percentages

Terran: 24% are considering changing races
Zerg: 8% are considering changing races
Protoss: 19% are considering changing races

It's also interesting that the number of responses from a particular race seems to correlate to the percentage that are planning to stay as their own race. I wonder if this is a coincidence or if the races where more people are considering switching are also the ones with more people who are planning to "wait and see"? I guess that would make sense.
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
anobi
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland17 Posts
October 28 2011 14:52 GMT
#252
Nope. Once a zerg, always a zerg! Brofestors for life.
baneling bust-a-move
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
October 28 2011 15:06 GMT
#253
I'm currently zerg but I always feel like I want to play protoss. I may use HOTS to change since gameplay will be so different but I've been debating changing to toss just for season 4 to see how it goes (since seasons are so short).
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Atlasy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hungary229 Posts
October 28 2011 15:12 GMT
#254
My comp has died so i can't play at all and i that will be the case with HotS i guess so when i can buy a comp that can run sc2 i will buy it, but until than i don't see the way to buy HotS.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
October 28 2011 15:14 GMT
#255
Played Toss in BW as a kid, which was my main reason for staying as Toss in SC2. (Although playing Random in Team League and non-ladder games)
Not sure if I'll stay for HotS though. I don't wanna play Terran in 1v1, I'm not joining the dark side. Might switch to Zerg, I'll wait until the Beta to decide.
TheBomb
Profile Joined October 2011
237 Posts
October 28 2011 15:17 GMT
#256
If the shrederer stays for Terran I'll be moving from Zerg to Terran, although I do play random half the time.
Starcraft 2 needs LAN support
SoKHo
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)1081 Posts
October 28 2011 15:21 GMT
#257
nope. protoss in broodwar, protoss in WoL, protoss in HotS, protoss forever. For aiur.
"If you don't understand my silence, you won't understand my words"|| Big Nal_rA fan boy!! Nal_rA, Bisu, Huk, MC, Hero fighting! SKT1---->
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
October 28 2011 15:21 GMT
#258
I fear I might have to switch once it comes out... I voted to wait but I don't see terran being worth a shit after the expan, who knows?
InFi.asc
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany518 Posts
October 28 2011 15:24 GMT
#259
each race should have it's own poll.

like this the percentages are meaningless
* Liquid'Hero * Liquid'TLO * oGsMC * oGsFin *
Jeppz0r
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden7 Posts
October 28 2011 15:24 GMT
#260
Forever Terran^^
Innocence Proves Nothing
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
ViBE76
CosmosSc2 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
Artosis 471
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever473
League of Legends
JimRising 469
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS109
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5625
Liquid`Hasu1376
Other Games
summit1g7198
shahzam537
byalli375
C9.Mang0240
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 19m
Stellar Fest
14h 19m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.