• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10087 users

Poll: Will you change race for HOTS? - Page 14

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
straycat
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
230 Posts
October 28 2011 15:33 GMT
#261
I will start as random I think. First of all, I will not rage over perceived imbalances, but rather enjoy them! Secondly, I will have extended knowledge of all three races when/if I choose one. Last but maybe most importantly, I'll be able to start every balance discussion with "I play random, and as I see it..." and nobody can call me biased or accuse me of racism. Hohoho!
Achilles306
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada84 Posts
October 28 2011 15:35 GMT
#262
On October 29 2011 00:24 InFi.asc wrote:
each race should have it's own poll.

like this the percentages are meaningless


You need to condition on which race they play and then the poll is exactly what you want.
For example, want to know % of Protoss staying Protoss?
(Staying Protoss)/(Staying Protoss+Protoss to Zerg+Protoss to Terran)


Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 15:43:36
October 28 2011 15:37 GMT
#263
nice poll! Let me compile the statistics for you. Feel free to add them to the OP.

WoL race ratio:
Z: 41+-1.8%
T: 27+-1.4%
P: 32+-1.6%

Zergs:
switching to Z: 92+-1.3%
switching to T: 4.7+-0.9%
switching to P: 3.2+-0.8%

Protoss:
switching to Z: 11.8+-1.7%
switching to T: 7.7+-1.4%
switching to P: 80+-2.2%

Terran:
switching to Z: 18.4+-2.3%
switching to T: 76+-2.6%
switching to P: 5.1+-1.2%

the errors are purely statistical. Of course there is HUGE bias from which people come to this thread, and how people tend to go for the most scandalous options in polls, so interpret with caution.
TL is maybe not known for its cautious interpretations, so we will see how that goes.

I think the only really significant result is that people have a tendency to switch to zerg for HotS, which is maybe not that unexpected as it is the zerg expansion.

The percentages here are of course overestimated. For sure nowhere near 18% of the terrans will switch in reality (and NO, the fact that you (yes YOU wannabe statistician!) and all your terran friends will switch does not change that fact). It is from this impossible to say what the real percentage will be, as we have no control over how large the bias is. Blizzard will be able to tell us a few weeks into HotS.

edit: added bitter remarks about future misinterpretations.
LambtrOn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States671 Posts
October 28 2011 15:39 GMT
#264
I was terran, but I just switched to toss. I've been thinking about a switch for a while and I really like the new toss units.
RavenLoud
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1100 Posts
October 28 2011 15:40 GMT
#265
Probably shift from toss to zerg.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
October 28 2011 15:40 GMT
#266
would be a good moment to switch to terran, seeing how they are imba in WoL...
However with PvX Canonrushes being completly broken and Protoss unable to ever getting outpositioned/caught out of positon due to massrecall in HotS... P>>>>>>>>>>{T,Z}
BoomNasty
Profile Joined June 2011
United States265 Posts
October 28 2011 15:41 GMT
#267
On October 28 2011 11:46 Seeker wrote:
BW - Terran
WoL - Terran
HotS - Terran (but I'm sure I'm gonna be raging a lot :/)

I like Terran......


god forbid you arent playing the favored race for once....
I like..
ArcticVanguard
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
October 28 2011 15:51 GMT
#268
I'm gonna start laddering seriously as random once HotS is out, since I kinda started playing random late in WoL. At this point, I'm favoring Protoss and Zerg, but the new Terran units (dem shredder drops) might change that.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
Mikelius
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany517 Posts
October 28 2011 15:55 GMT
#269
Protoss since the first time I popped SC, not gonna change now.
Less QQ, more PewPew
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
October 28 2011 15:55 GMT
#270
I had some of the most fun of my life with zerg, how can I ever turn my back on the swarm... Im with the swarm through think and thin.
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
October 28 2011 15:59 GMT
#271
Totally staying as Zerg, new units are looking sweet! "Get over here!!" :D
Hazuc
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada471 Posts
October 28 2011 16:14 GMT
#272
Always played zerg but seeing that so many people will switch makes me want to chance too. I can't stand ZvZ.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
October 28 2011 16:19 GMT
#273
yeah, if the ladder gets flooded with zergs i will consider switching to avoid zvz, but I hope it wont be that bad.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
October 28 2011 16:21 GMT
#274
Poll thread. No one cares what anyone else posts, so it becomes fluffy. Theres way too many people on TL to have any sort of unified opinion. Some people will change, some wont but theres no real conclusions to be drawn.
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
ViBE76
CosmosSc2 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
Artosis 471
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever473
League of Legends
JimRising 469
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS109
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5625
Liquid`Hasu1376
Other Games
summit1g7198
shahzam537
byalli375
C9.Mang0240
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 19m
Stellar Fest
14h 19m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.