• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:52
CEST 22:52
KST 05:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6708 users

Poll: Will you change race for HOTS?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
ScaryOlive
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada121 Posts
October 26 2011 20:56 GMT
#1
Hello there TL!

I was wondering today if I will change my multiplayer race when HOTS comes out. It's a new game so it will be a new opportunity to start with another race and now that the game is developed, we know better the play style of each race.

So there the poll! Thank You! Discuss in this thread about your decision!

For me, I am considering switching from Protoss to Zerg because i want to learn my macro better and i don't really like the warp mechanic for macroing...!

Poll: Will you change race for HOTS?

I will stay Zerg (521)
 
28%

I will stay Protoss (361)
 
19%

I will stay Terran (294)
 
16%

I'll wait Until the game is out to decide (267)
 
14%

I play Random (160)
 
9%

Terran switching to Zerg (71)
 
4%

Protoss switching to Zerg (51)
 
3%

Protoss switching to Terran (36)
 
2%

I won't buy HOTS anyway (34)
 
2%

Zerg switching to Terran (28)
 
2%

Terran switching to Protoss (21)
 
1%

Zerg switching to Protoss (20)
 
1%

1864 total votes

Your vote: Will you change race for HOTS?

(Vote): I will stay Terran
(Vote): I will stay Zerg
(Vote): I will stay Protoss
(Vote): Terran switching to Zerg
(Vote): Terran switching to Protoss
(Vote): Zerg switching to Terran
(Vote): Zerg switching to Protoss
(Vote): Protoss switching to Terran
(Vote): Protoss switching to Zerg
(Vote): I'll wait Until the game is out to decide
(Vote): I play Random
(Vote): I won't buy HOTS anyway


Be Careful with that axe Eugene...
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
October 26 2011 20:58 GMT
#2
I'll continue as Random, just because an unstable metagame is all that more fun to try out builds in. Random gets the best openings out of all four choices, just because when HOTS opens, no-one will have any clue as to what is still good, and Random just profits off of that.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Roblin
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden948 Posts
October 26 2011 21:00 GMT
#3
BW Zerg
WOL Zerg
HOTS Zerg


in kerrigan we trust!
I'm better today than I was yesterday!
VonLego
Profile Joined June 2010
United States519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:01:58
October 26 2011 21:00 GMT
#4
First time I've ever sincerely thought of dropping protoss since I was little playing starcraft before broodwar... I have faith in blizzard that they will make it all work out. It just seems to me that the protoss are losing such cool units (despite not being used often) and gaining such lackluster ones. Zerg was pretty interesting to me in the first place and their new units seem pretty sweet. Terran I can't ever play because they hurt my feelings too bad at the start of wings of liberty =)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 26 2011 21:00 GMT
#5
Pft, no reason not to go Terran
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:02:39
October 26 2011 21:02 GMT
#6
Was thinking about it, but then they showed the Shredder.
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
October 26 2011 21:02 GMT
#7
I may go from Random and pick Protoss.
SilaZ
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark8 Posts
October 26 2011 21:03 GMT
#8
I love Zerg, I stay Zerg. Would also be kinda weird to switch race when we get the race Expansion.
Remb
Profile Joined August 2011
United States190 Posts
October 26 2011 21:03 GMT
#9
Need an option for those that will quit SC2.
A virtuous act is performed habitually, and not once from incentive alone.
4of8
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany256 Posts
October 26 2011 21:03 GMT
#10
I will wait untill the beta. With the unit ideas they presented for protoss I will change from protoss to Zerg/Terran for sure.
Cush
Profile Joined September 2010
United States646 Posts
October 26 2011 21:03 GMT
#11
On October 27 2011 06:00 Roblin wrote:
BW Zerg
WOL Zerg
HOTS Zerg


in kerrigan we trust!


For the swarm!!!
"That's not your main base Stardust.....Stardust.....that's not your main" Sayle
Zazzles
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Slovakia153 Posts
October 26 2011 21:04 GMT
#12
I will stick with terran for rest of my life
"Fortune favors the bold"
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
October 26 2011 21:04 GMT
#13
I love me some terrans. Vanilla sc, I was terran and no other race. Never changed, never even really played much of other races, period. lol
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
shtdisturbance
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada613 Posts
October 26 2011 21:04 GMT
#14
I am switching to toss from zerg.
Monku
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland8 Posts
October 26 2011 21:05 GMT
#15
Flying buildings, transforming mechs. Big cannons, and flamethrowers. Now they showed me a shredder and promist "Big F-ing Mech" come on. Terran FTW! (I will be probably denoted after all T nerfs, I'm in too hight league for my skill anyway ;-) )
"- Knock, knock! - Who's there? ... ... - THOR IS HERE!"
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
October 26 2011 21:05 GMT
#16
I'm random but I think I'll be moving to Zerg. We'll see...
Moderator
ScaryOlive
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada121 Posts
October 26 2011 21:05 GMT
#17
On October 27 2011 06:03 Remb wrote:
Need an option for those that will quit SC2.


Vote that you won't buy HOTS cause this thread is not about WoL anyway.
Be Careful with that axe Eugene...
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:06:32
October 26 2011 21:05 GMT
#18
On October 27 2011 06:03 Remb wrote:
Need an option for those that will quit SC2.

We don't value the opinion of those guys. Just let them leave. :p
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
October 26 2011 21:06 GMT
#19
probably stay protoss but depends on what stuff actually gets into the game

if i even buy it, depends on how they price it tbqh
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Nereites
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada102 Posts
October 26 2011 21:06 GMT
#20
Staying Protoss, thats what I have been since BW.
Stop whining about imbalance. You're just bad (likely) at the game and I am probably worse. Just have some fun
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 665
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 94
Zeus 73
Trap 42
910 29
Bale 26
NaDa 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever310
Counter-Strike
edward210
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS124
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu2346
Other Games
summit1g6633
shahzam485
byalli450
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC102
Chillindude28
Trikslyr23
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 8m
Stellar Fest
16h 8m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.