• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9021 users

Why Koreans suddenly streamed on TL then stopped? - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 22:58:36
August 17 2011 22:56 GMT
#81
people jumping the gun again, no surprise

hack just streamed very recently, and a lot of other players have really important matches coming up

and until you get around 1500- 2000 viewers it's not worth it for the money
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 22:59:35
August 17 2011 22:57 GMT
#82

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.
cydereal
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States193 Posts
August 17 2011 23:02 GMT
#83
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


I understand your sentiment, but people are afraid of a new KeSPA arising. Many of the great growth surges in SC2 were only possible over this last year because there wasn't a body like KeSPA around meddling with things.
forgottendreams
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1771 Posts
August 17 2011 23:04 GMT
#84
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
August 17 2011 23:05 GMT
#85
On August 18 2011 07:44 carloselcoco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 07:07 Beyonder wrote:
Its silly, you know how much cash they can earn with streaming? Y_Y


As far as I know that is only if you reside within the US. The payment has to be made within the US at least as far as I know.
No, that's false.
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 23:12:10
August 17 2011 23:11 GMT
#86
On August 18 2011 08:04 forgottendreams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.


What exactly are you talking about? I am not arguing that s2con isn`t starting to turn out like a Kespa entity.

I am talking about the ignorant posts stating they did indeed ban these players from streaming like it was a fact.
forgottendreams
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1771 Posts
August 17 2011 23:14 GMT
#87
On August 18 2011 08:11 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 08:04 forgottendreams wrote:
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.


What exactly are you talking about? I am not arguing that s2con isn`t starting to turn out like a Kespa entity.

I am talking about the ignorant posts stating they did indeed ban these players from streaming like it was a fact.


If you really want to argue about small semantics over a bigger and more important picture I'll opt out of that one.

Let's be honest, if your boss "prefers" you do something, you do it. At least in the U.S.
tsarnicky
Profile Joined May 2011
104 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 23:15:36
August 17 2011 23:14 GMT
#88
On August 18 2011 08:11 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 08:04 forgottendreams wrote:
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.


What exactly are you talking about? I am not arguing that s2con isn`t starting to turn out like a Kespa entity.

I am talking about the ignorant posts stating they did indeed ban these players from streaming like it was a fact.


I haven't read all of the posts, but I've read most of them, and I'm nearly certain that everyone said sc2con "suggested"(or preferred, or some such non-absolute) that their players not stream... so stop raging.

and the person right above me is right.
good macro... all is good... perfect -oGsMC
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
August 17 2011 23:17 GMT
#89
On August 18 2011 08:14 tsarnicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 08:11 mango_destroyer wrote:
On August 18 2011 08:04 forgottendreams wrote:
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.


What exactly are you talking about? I am not arguing that s2con isn`t starting to turn out like a Kespa entity.

I am talking about the ignorant posts stating they did indeed ban these players from streaming like it was a fact.


I haven't read all of the posts, but I've read most of them, and I'm nearly certain that everyone said sc2con "suggested"(or preferred, or some such non-absolute) that their players not stream... so stop raging.

and the person right above me is right.


A few of them already edited their post.
tsarnicky
Profile Joined May 2011
104 Posts
August 17 2011 23:20 GMT
#90
On August 18 2011 08:17 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 08:14 tsarnicky wrote:
On August 18 2011 08:11 mango_destroyer wrote:
On August 18 2011 08:04 forgottendreams wrote:
On August 18 2011 07:57 mango_destroyer wrote:

I`m sorry but I am sick of people just going on speculation and stating things as factual. DRG comments doesn`t suggest that they outright banned them from streaming. Get real people and stop trying to make s2con into this big villain.


It's pretty sad when all circumstantial evidence should lead any rational person to believe an empire is in the making people just pass it off like "Wal-Mart isn't buying people out or bribing zoning officials, it just has lower prices nobody can compete with".

That is exactly how empires are built and retain a stranglehold over a peoples over time, because they just passively let it go by.


What exactly are you talking about? I am not arguing that s2con isn`t starting to turn out like a Kespa entity.

I am talking about the ignorant posts stating they did indeed ban these players from streaming like it was a fact.


I haven't read all of the posts, but I've read most of them, and I'm nearly certain that everyone said sc2con "suggested"(or preferred, or some such non-absolute) that their players not stream... so stop raging.

and the person right above me is right.


A few of them already edited their post.


trust me most of them said suggested/preferred from the beginning, I've been following this thread since it started (lol obv). also if its such a big deal for you why don't you just pm them.
good macro... all is good... perfect -oGsMC
PBG
Profile Joined June 2011
40 Posts
August 17 2011 23:21 GMT
#91
Could be possible team rules as well. When dragon moves into the Slayer's team house later this year, he's said many times on his stream he won't be able to stream anymore due to Slayer's house rules. Kind of shame since he's one of the few people I enjoy to watch for his unique trolling and moments like this in this highlight in one his broadcasts
Draz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States44 Posts
August 17 2011 23:22 GMT
#92
On August 18 2011 06:53 tsarnicky wrote:
Hi everyone, there was a time a few weeks ago when a lot of Koreans from nearly all teams got streams and broadcasted close to daily, then suddenly they stopped. Does anyone know why?

My idea: that period was between gsl s

edit: and yes i know dragon, golden, and rainbow still stream

Mod edit:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 06:59 Primadog wrote:
According to DongRaeGu, " I am sorry, I can't begin streaming again. I belong to the SC2 Association (E/N: this) and they prefer progamers don't stream."



Ah Geeze its KESPA all over again.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 23:32:27
August 17 2011 23:25 GMT
#93
I can't believe SC2con even has the gall to lord over player behaviour like this.

How about letting the players (or teams) decide that shit for themselves on a case-by-case basis instead of mandating it for everyone?

I'm growing more weary of SC2con by the minute. Someone crush them please and make a good organisation in their stead.


StarCraft 2 association aims to be an official association approved by Blizzard, and it will deal with the following: Protection of rights for the gamers and teams, operations of StarCraft 2 team's business-league sponsor, arbitrator for when there is an issue between a gamer and a team, and furthering the popularity of StarCraft 2 leagues that are linked with Blizzard-GomTV (editor's note: this most likely means, leagues that opened legit with permission from them).

Also, the association does not aim for profit, and will focus on the right path for the association by listening to what fans want. As a first thing to do, they will put forth plans to support teams with PCs and starting online team league.

He continued, "Unlike existing e-sports association, we would like people to think this is a different kind of a group from them, and that our no.1 issue is to protect the rights of the gamers. We must gather all our strength to help with our current difficult situation for StarCraft 2 progamer teams. To that end, we wish for the fans to give us support."
my ass


It's fine if the team coach and team rules prefer players would not stream, but that's on a case-by-case basis that must be settled between the player in question and the team - I take serious issue with a general mandate that SC2con has apparently imposed on all of its members.
Kamikiri
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1319 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 23:26:43
August 17 2011 23:25 GMT
#94
editted out
MurMiLLo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States260 Posts
August 17 2011 23:28 GMT
#95
im just gonna say this" SC2CON is RUINING ESPORTS!!!!!!!
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
August 17 2011 23:31 GMT
#96
What's the issue of streaming some ladder practice anyway? And what's the issue with pro gamers making some cash on the side from their profession? :|
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
August 17 2011 23:34 GMT
#97
They might be in tournaments and don't want people learning what they're doing. So many reasons we don't need a thread on it.
Moderatorgold coin
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 117
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 973
GuemChi 645
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 15
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox615
Other Games
summit1g8633
Day[9].tv557
shahzam512
C9.Mang0363
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick598
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur692
• Day9tv557
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6m
Patches Events
16h 6m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.