• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:50
CEST 11:50
KST 18:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9251 users

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 19 hours? - Page 72

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 650 Next
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
August 15 2011 07:38 GMT
#1421
Don't see why HuK would want to do this because I assume it means selling out and leaving Korea, thus ruining his main goal of winning a GSL.

I think this whole thing is getting overblown and lots of people have already decided these rumors to be 100% fact. It could be a multitude of things really.

Guess we will find out in what, 12 hours?

Honestly I think TL is trolling hardcore, or some of the pro community as a whole is even. This whole this getting rediculous.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
TitleRug
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States651 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1422
On August 15 2011 16:35 Frogsox wrote:
I don't know if anyone picked up on this, I can't really say since I am not going to read 70 pages for it, but it seems that the count down ends at almost the exact time the GSL goes live tomorrow with Huk's group. Imagine the shock if he walked out for his match with a EG shirt on. Of course, I'm just making an enormous assumption based on very little so feel free to shoot me down.

that's an interesting theory.
coLCruncher fighting!
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1423
On August 15 2011 16:36 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:35 StutteR wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:33 unit wrote:
wait, if liquid has a new protoss (HerO) whois around the same level as huk....then eg can sign huk without liquid taking as massive of a loss...also...IdrA GGing, and shaking huk's hand does lend itself to the realm of curiosity...heosat isnt helping me calm my nerves :/


Huk is Code S. Hero is currently a noob.


HerO is not a " noob " watch his stream, he is amazing.


-__- I know he's not a noob but a HuK/HerO swap makes no sense at all.
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1424
I can't accept the theory that HuK is joining EG.
That's ridiculous.
There's so much evidence to point otherwise.

If it is true, I'm going to flip my table and stop following the SC2 scene. /tantrum
lalala
Lazy_89
Profile Joined April 2011
United States87 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1425
I don't see Huk leaving TL. He is in Korea and if he would sign to another team then he wouldn't be able to stay in the oGs-TL house anymore. Huk has said how much he wants to stay in Korea, get better, and win a GSL. Him signing to another team would set those goals back. I hope he doesn't sign to EG. That is all I can do just hope.
Sideburn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States442 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1426
On August 15 2011 16:34 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:29 Sideburn wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:17 Defacer wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:06 marttorn wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:04 Defacer wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:03 marttorn wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:01 Defacer wrote:
Tyler is not depressed. Just lazy.


Except he actually said he has a depressive disorder in his own fanclub thread v_v


Was he serious or just joshing around?


Pretty sure it was serious, if you read the Fanclub. Can always hope it's not though ~_~


Dude has a beautiful wife and is easily the most handsome man in Starcraft, with the possible exception of Tasteless.


Which is exactly why major depressive disorder would perfectly explain things? Seriously. The stigma and ignorance about mental disorders makes me sad. I seriously hope Tyler doesn't suffer from MDD, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. If he does, my heart goes out to him and I hope he finds something that helps.


Dude, I'm the biggest Tyler fan ever. I hope as much as anyone that he's alright. Sheesh.


Yeah, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat. Honestly, I wasn't questioning your loyalty to Tyler, I am just passionate about mental disorders as they are my field. I just hate to see those who suffer from them treated as if they are weak, rather than the way they deserve. Not that you were doing that. I'm just a little overzealous. Again, I apologize.

On topic, I don't really care what the announcement from EG is. Actually, let me rephrase that. I greatly care about it and I am super excited. However, regardless of what it actually is, HUGE props to EG for this awesome hype and mystery. I think it's a lot of fun.
Frogsox
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia274 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1427
On August 15 2011 16:35 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:33 unit wrote:
wait, if liquid has a new protoss (HerO) whois around the same level as huk....then eg can sign huk without liquid taking as massive of a loss...also...IdrA GGing, and shaking huk's hand does lend itself to the realm of curiosity...heosat isnt helping me calm my nerves :/


I think IdrA and HuK being manner to each other says very very little, if not nothing.

It was revealed long ago that they were never really on bad terms irl.


At HomeStory they were getting along well as well, so there goes that theory. Idra does love to play for the crowd because he knows what people think of him.
IceSlipper
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia1028 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#1428
On August 15 2011 16:38 nayumi wrote:
IdrA left EG for Liquid XD

LOL, its an idra-huk, tl-eg trade!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
August 15 2011 07:40 GMT
#1429
On August 15 2011 16:39 youngminii wrote:
I can't accept the theory that HuK is joining EG.
That's ridiculous.
There's so much evidence to point otherwise.

If it is true, I'm going to flip my table and stop following the SC2 scene. /tantrum

you sound like a bisu fan
"if shine beats bisu i'll stop watching broodwar, fuck this shit"

2 weeks after shine beats bisu they're back in the LR threads.
lol.
Writer
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 15 2011 07:40 GMT
#1430
On August 15 2011 16:40 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:39 youngminii wrote:
I can't accept the theory that HuK is joining EG.
That's ridiculous.
There's so much evidence to point otherwise.

If it is true, I'm going to flip my table and stop following the SC2 scene. /tantrum

you sound like a bisu fan
"if shine beats bisu i'll stop watching broodwar, fuck this shit"

2 weeks after shine beats bisu they're back in the LR threads.
lol.

probably what i'm going to do tbh

hi kiante :3
lalala
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 07:41:45
August 15 2011 07:40 GMT
#1431
On August 15 2011 16:35 redFF wrote:
tbh why would Huk leave his teamhouse, leave code s to join eg. Doesnt make sense.



why not, for the right amount of money? EG seems to be not short on it and Huk is an awesome awesome player. But my personal guess is white-ra


On August 15 2011 16:33 unit wrote:
wait, if liquid has a new protoss (HerO) whois around the same level as huk....then eg can sign huk without liquid taking as massive of a loss...also...IdrA GGing, and shaking huk's hand does lend itself to the realm of curiosity...heosat isnt helping me calm my nerves :/


Heosat is playing with your concerns which I absolutely like :D

imagine you're a team chilling it's way around, bathing in awesomeness and suddenly there was a rumor that never had any hint of being true; I would laugh my a** off if I were liquid right now. It's just funny ^^



edit
On August 15 2011 16:40 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:39 youngminii wrote:
I can't accept the theory that HuK is joining EG.
That's ridiculous.
There's so much evidence to point otherwise.

If it is true, I'm going to flip my table and stop following the SC2 scene. /tantrum

you sound like a bisu fan
"if shine beats bisu i'll stop watching broodwar, fuck this shit"

2 weeks after shine beats bisu they're back in the LR threads.
lol.



it's this mixture of hate and love that ties us to starcraft


(but seriously, there is just hate)
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
August 15 2011 07:40 GMT
#1432
On August 15 2011 16:35 Frogsox wrote:
I don't know if anyone picked up on this, I can't really say since I am not going to read 70 pages for it, but it seems that the count down ends at almost the exact time the GSL goes live tomorrow with Huk's group. Imagine the shock if he walked out for his match with a EG shirt on. Of course, I'm just making an enormous assumption based on very little so feel free to shoot me down.


This is a good point. It sounds more and more like the cat is out of the bag, but I think there is more to it than Huk.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
August 15 2011 07:40 GMT
#1433
this is definitely more than a simple player transfer. no team would make an entire countdown just to announce an acquisition of a certain player, seems like a total dick move. something that would make more sense would be some sort of team league. EG vs TL or some shit like that?

are there even any evidences that huk is leaving TL to join EG?
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1434
On August 15 2011 15:01 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 15:00 Heosat wrote:
On August 15 2011 14:57 TheAmazombie wrote:
On August 15 2011 14:56 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Kennigit banned EG.lectR, who was sending out the PMs with clues. That and his negative tone in the reddit post makes me think this might not be great news for everyone involved.


Could it be something as extreme as EG buying TL, the site or the team??


No. There is no way that Nazgul would sell TL.


Didn't think so at all, but we are left to speculate.


I remember browsing some old blogs where someone mentioned how a large media organization wanted to buy TL, but they were flatout denied.
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1435
No TL denial is probably the biggest proof so far. Nazgul would have shot this rumour down in seconds if it wasn't true. He's done that before when a false rumour about TL popped up. Silence is pretty much confirmation.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
leperphilliac
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States399 Posts
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1436
There's ample evidence supporting both White-Ra AND HuK to EG... perhaps both? If any team can pull off such a stunt it's EG...
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1437
On August 15 2011 16:39 IceSlipper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:38 nayumi wrote:
IdrA left EG for Liquid XD

LOL, its an idra-huk, tl-eg trade!


He renames himself LiquIdrA


memes are a dish best served dank
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 07:44:37
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1438
On August 15 2011 16:39 TitleRug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:35 Frogsox wrote:
I don't know if anyone picked up on this, I can't really say since I am not going to read 70 pages for it, but it seems that the count down ends at almost the exact time the GSL goes live tomorrow with Huk's group. Imagine the shock if he walked out for his match with a EG shirt on. Of course, I'm just making an enormous assumption based on very little so feel free to shoot me down.

that's an interesting theory.


EDIT: wait... that isn't true. The timing is off.
We talkin about PRACTICE
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 07:43:22
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1439
Just thought I'd chime in and post this for the people who are saying HuK's "contract" with Liquid is up. No-one outside Liquid knows the terms of any such contract if it even exists, but even if it were a 12 month contract, we're still over one month away.

Somehow I think this is more than one person joining a team anyway. There are still 4 more MP3's to be revealed.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
Blackcat008
Profile Joined February 2011
United States22 Posts
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#1440
basically MP3 2 will answer a lot of questions...
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 650 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech111
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 435
910 359
BeSt 330
Hyuk 302
Light 274
Horang2 250
Pusan 117
EffOrt 89
Dewaltoss 84
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 66
Shinee 56
Stork 55
Killer 48
ZerO 43
Mong 41
Yoon 38
Rush 32
Mind 30
Bale 27
Sharp 23
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 18
sorry 17
hero 11
Noble 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe203
League of Legends
JimRising 378
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1371
pashabiceps794
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2373
Khaldor652
Other Games
gofns32031
singsing1368
ceh9644
XBOCT336
DeMusliM181
Pyrionflax156
Mew2King124
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick604
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream259
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH256
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2255
League of Legends
• Jankos1489
• Stunt443
Other Games
• WagamamaTV167
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 10m
Stellar Fest
3h 10m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.