• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War275.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8670 users

Vegetarian/Vegan Thread

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Do not make this a debate on meat eating. You don't need to prove people "wrong" about their eating habits.
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 06:35:35
April 11 2011 18:10 GMT
#1
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -- Albert Einstein
[image loading]

TL being a collosal community, there must be many vegetarians/vegans out there.

Awesome vegetarians/vegans:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Franz Kafka
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Use this thread to share recipes, health advice (supplements etc), or any questions about if you're interested in becoming vegetarian/vegan.

I've been vegetarian for a year and teched up to vegan about 3 months ago. i'm aware my id isn't vegan I've found turning vegan easy, being an avid cook and generally healthy person.

Recipes
+ Show Spoiler +
Frogurt's vegan pumpkin soup
+ Show Spoiler +
Frogurt's vegan pumpkin soup:
Ingredients:
1/2 a large Pumpkin
4 Potatoes (Or 1:1 ratio with pumpkin)
1 Large Onion
3 Garlic cloves
Vegetable stock
Olive oil
500ml of soy milk (regular milk for vegetarians)
Spices: Salt, pepper, coriander, Chilli flakes(optional)

1.Slice onions and roughly cut garlic cloves, add to large pot on high heat with olive oil (cook until slight browning)
2. Flesh pumpkin and cut potato into cubes
3. Add Pumpkin, Potato, Spices and Vegie stock (enough to submerge ingredients) to pot, medium heat until potatoes are soft
4. Ladel ingredients into blender (Try not to get too much stock in the blender or soup will be watery, you should have some left over in the pot)
5. Bend until creamy while adding milk, usually takes 2 loads of blending
6. Serve in large bowl, sprinkle coriander and drop of milk in the centre because it looks cool.


Vegan Curry
+ Show Spoiler +
Ingredients:
2 Potatoes
2 Carrots
4-5 Pieces of Broccoli
Onion (if you like, personally i dont)
1 Cob of Corn
30g of Frozen Peas
1 can of Coconut Cream
Curry Powder, Salt, Pepper, Chilli Flakes, Tumeric

1. Slice Potatoes into cubes and Carrots into sticks
2. Flesh corn cob and save kernels in a bowl
2. Add potatoes and carrots to a large saucepan in some water, turn heat on high
3. Add Broccoli after a couple of minutes, because it cooks faster than potato and carrot
4. Cook on high heat until vegetables are kind of soft
5. Drain water and add coconut cream
6. Add onion, peas, corn and spices
7. Cook on medium while stirring, until vegetables are soft
8. Serve with rice

Freak's Noodley Delight
+ Show Spoiler +
Pad Thai-
3 Tbsp tamarind paste (again, go to the Asian food store )
3 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce

Stiry-fry half a block of tofu with a few chopped cloves of garlic, then add some sliced carrots and broccoli florets. Soak rice noodles in hot water, and add the noodles when they're done plus the sauce. Put in about a cup of beansprouts, and some chopped green onions. Add egg if you want at the end, then eat with chopped peanuts and crushed red chili flakes =D

Teriyaki Tofu and Vegetables
+ Show Spoiler +
Teriyaki Tofu and Vegetables- Just stiry fry some tofu, mushrooms, broccoli and sliced (or shredded) carrots, plus a healthy amount of beansprouts. Put on rice, pour on some teriyaki sauce and add some spicy chili sauce. So good..

Dekoth's Beet Chips
+ Show Spoiler +
3 large beets
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder


Cook at 375 flipping as needed until crunchy.

Dekoth's Broccoli Salad
+ Show Spoiler +
Broccoli Salad
1 head broccoli
1/2 cup chopped red onion
8 ounces sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Serthius' Home made Veggie Broth
+ Show Spoiler +
Vegetable broth
6 carrots
3 onions
3 stalks celery
salt & pepper
some herbs (thyme, basil, parsley, whatever)
1 bay leaf
6 cloves of garlic
1 cup white wine

Crush the garlic cloves with the side of your knife, and roughly chop the vegetables. Add all ingredients except the wine to a large pot. Cover with water (I usually add a little more here). Bring everything to a boil and simmer for an hour. Remove from heat and add the wine. Let it cool for a while. If you have time you can leave it overnight. Then pour everything through a strainer and divide into smaller portions for freezing. Done!

Piy's Raw Vegan Almond Smoothie
+ Show Spoiler +
- You basically take half cup of almonds
- blend with cup of water
- add 3 bananas, blend
- optionally add some strawberries or kiwi or whatever fruit in the amount you want. I prefer about 5-10 strawberries.




Products
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

My favourite pseudo-burger
[image loading]
Delicious cream cheese alternative
[image loading]
[image loading]
great ice-cream alternative
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Please keep negativity to a minimum
[image loading]
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
kingcoyote
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States546 Posts
April 11 2011 18:11 GMT
#2
I've been vegetarian since birth. My parents converted 4 years before I was born.
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
April 11 2011 18:17 GMT
#3
On April 12 2011 03:11 visual77 wrote:
I've been vegetarian since birth. My parents converted 4 years before I was born.


Do you enjoy it? I always wonder about what my kids will eat, if i have them. I would like them to be vegetarian/vegan but i'd rather let them decide for themselves, also issues of malnutrition related to growth.
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
dusters
Profile Joined August 2010
United States57 Posts
April 11 2011 18:18 GMT
#4
Mmmmmm meat. Nothing like a good steak.

User was warned for this post
x-Catalyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States921 Posts
April 11 2011 18:22 GMT
#5
I've been vegan for what, almost 4 years or so? I took the change straight from omnivore. It really wasn't that hard. I don't regret it, and I like the way it makes me feel. Not just consciously, but physically too.
I'll post some recipes later, and you should add any recipes posted to the op for easy access.

And I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a shitstorm like all the others. Just remember, not everyone wants to criticize your decisions on what you eat. So please, I hope that no one (both omnivores and herbivores) starts any arguing here. Thanks

Oh, and this
SO FUCKING AMAZING
[image loading]
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
April 11 2011 18:25 GMT
#6
My current living quarters include two veggies, means nearly only vegetarian food on the menu.
I eat like a madman compared to thoose two and I'am still nearly always hungry. I've lost weight, musclemass and energy levels are bad, and this is with supposedly nutrient veggie food. =(
Basicly, my body seems to spit all veggie food straight through. I feel so nice when I manage to get some potatoes and bacon done in a veil of secrecy
Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
April 11 2011 18:27 GMT
#7
I am vegetarian, not vegan. My family is too vegetarian. I am ok with this lifestyle really. Some of my friends do tease me sometimes but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I do eat eggs (I know fish by some people is classified as vegetarian although I don't eat fish, is egg too?) but not in physical shape. Only in cakes, chocolates, confectioneries etc.
For my kids, I will probably tell them to be vegetarian but I won't assert the decision by myself, I will let them choose, only at a suitable age though, not 12 or less lol.
End my suffering
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-11 18:33:02
April 11 2011 18:29 GMT
#8
I am not a vegetarian, I used to eat like 70% vegetarian food at one time and what really turned me of is the tastelessness of anything that isn't made "a la minute" (sp?). I really feel that vegetarian pre made food and substitutes are really poorly made.

I work as chef and honestly vegetarian food can be good but it takes a lot of effort (and love) to make it not taste like a watered down meat dishes; especially soup with vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. You really need to spice vegetarian dishes a lot more than meat dishes to get a satisfying result.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 18:30 GMT
#9
I hope this thread can be mature, but I think a lot of people are gonna come to make fun of your crazy green eating ways. That's alright.

I've been thinking about quitting meat. I could use a little bit of weight loss (I'm 6'3 225lb. right now :< ) and I've made friends around campus with some animal rights activists that have kinda shifted my perspective on things a bit. I'd be interested to hear the stories of any vegans/vegetarians here who gave up eating meat and how you did it? How did life change for you after you quit meat?
RIP Aaliyah
relyt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1073 Posts
April 11 2011 18:34 GMT
#10
I am not a vegetarian but I don't really eat meat. I just don't like meat that much. I don't like the taste or texture of most meats, although I do enjoy a hamburger or hotdog here and there. I would like to become a vegetarian because i really love animals but there are just some foods that I don't want to give up . I also eat fish but I heard that doesn't count or something.
x-Catalyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States921 Posts
April 11 2011 18:34 GMT
#11
On April 12 2011 03:29 Eppa! wrote:
I am not a vegetarian, I used to eat like 70% vegetarian food at one time and what really turned me of is the tastelessness of anything that isn't made "a la minute" (sp?). I really feel that vegetarian pre made food and substitutes are really poorly made.

I work as chef and honestly vegetarian food can be good but it takes a lot of effort (and love) to make it not taste like a watered down meat dish; especially soup with vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.

I agree. A lot of substitutes taste like shit. But after shopping around a while and trying different ones, some decent ones can be found. I guess it's really about time and effort of finding good substitutes and not cooking it half assed.
Because let's just say when I first became vegan, a lot of the food I made was... lol.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 11 2011 18:35 GMT
#12
Im not a veggie per se, there's really nothing I won't eat.....but there's no reason that you need to eat meat everyday, try avoiding meat 1-2 days a week. You'll feel better, and also when you do eat meat, it will feel sorta like a treat.
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
April 11 2011 18:35 GMT
#13
On April 12 2011 03:27 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
I am vegetarian, not vegan. My family is too vegetarian. I am ok with this lifestyle really. Some of my friends do tease me sometimes but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I do eat eggs (I know fish by some people is classified as vegetarian although I don't eat fish, is egg too?) but not in physical shape. Only in cakes, chocolates, confectioneries etc.
For my kids, I will probably tell them to be vegetarian but I won't assert the decision by myself, I will let them choose, only at a suitable age though, not 12 or less lol.


Eggs are vegetarian, fish is not

"Vegetarians" annoy me, if you eat fish you aren't vegetarian, you just dont like red meat. But i guess it's better than nothing.

I've also heard of people who eat a steak a month to keep their iron levels up. Thats more steak than most people eat >:O and can easily be remedied with iron pills or mushrooms, olives, pseudo-meats etc.
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-11 18:40:50
April 11 2011 18:36 GMT
#14
I'm not a vegetarian, but my girlfriend (with whom I live) is. Gonna agree that pre-prepared vegetarian food is generally pretty meh (even she won't touch a boca burger with a 10 foot pole, for example.) but you can do some really amazing things with fresh produce and some time to cook. I've added a lot of vegetarian recipes to my list of things I can cook (Spinach Lasagna, a bunch of awesome things involving zucchini and broccoli, etc.)
x-Catalyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States921 Posts
April 11 2011 18:37 GMT
#15
On April 12 2011 03:35 frogurt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:27 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
I am vegetarian, not vegan. My family is too vegetarian. I am ok with this lifestyle really. Some of my friends do tease me sometimes but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I do eat eggs (I know fish by some people is classified as vegetarian although I don't eat fish, is egg too?) but not in physical shape. Only in cakes, chocolates, confectioneries etc.
For my kids, I will probably tell them to be vegetarian but I won't assert the decision by myself, I will let them choose, only at a suitable age though, not 12 or less lol.


Eggs are vegetarian, fish is not

"Vegetarians" annoy me, if you eat fish you aren't vegetarian, you just dont like red meat. But i guess it's better than nothing.

I've also heard of people who eat a steak a month to keep their iron levels up. Thats more steak than most people eat >:O and can easily be remedied with iron pills or mushrooms, olives, pseudo-meats etc.

Someone who doesn't eat land animals or birds but eats fish, crustaceans and such is called a pescetarian. My sister was on/off vegetarian/pescetarian/omnivore for the longest time because she wanted to lose weight.
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
April 11 2011 18:38 GMT
#16
Pre-Made food is convienient, but if i have the time i usually cook vegetables which taste better and are probably cheaper and healthier.
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
Zeles
Profile Joined October 2010
United States335 Posts
April 11 2011 18:39 GMT
#17
if you are vegetarian and have not eaten [image loading] you have not lived
gongryong
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1430 Posts
April 11 2011 18:40 GMT
#18
GOOD JOB with this thread!

Im not vegan per se, but i try to avoid meat when I can.
Can't help with fish though.

Let me edit this later for some gluten meals i do.
JAEDONG ÜBERBONJWA!
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
April 11 2011 18:40 GMT
#19
On April 12 2011 03:35 frogurt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:27 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
I am vegetarian, not vegan. My family is too vegetarian. I am ok with this lifestyle really. Some of my friends do tease me sometimes but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I do eat eggs (I know fish by some people is classified as vegetarian although I don't eat fish, is egg too?) but not in physical shape. Only in cakes, chocolates, confectioneries etc.
For my kids, I will probably tell them to be vegetarian but I won't assert the decision by myself, I will let them choose, only at a suitable age though, not 12 or less lol.


Eggs are vegetarian, fish is not

"Vegetarians" annoy me, if you eat fish you aren't vegetarian, you just dont like red meat. But i guess it's better than nothing.

I've also heard of people who eat a steak a month to keep their iron levels up. Thats more steak than most people eat >:O and can easily be remedied with iron pills or mushrooms, olives, pseudo-meats etc.


I've always found it weird that eggs are considered vegetarian. In my mind, it's nearly the same thing as meat.
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
April 11 2011 18:41 GMT
#20
On April 12 2011 03:37 x-Catalyst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:35 frogurt wrote:
On April 12 2011 03:27 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
I am vegetarian, not vegan. My family is too vegetarian. I am ok with this lifestyle really. Some of my friends do tease me sometimes but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I do eat eggs (I know fish by some people is classified as vegetarian although I don't eat fish, is egg too?) but not in physical shape. Only in cakes, chocolates, confectioneries etc.
For my kids, I will probably tell them to be vegetarian but I won't assert the decision by myself, I will let them choose, only at a suitable age though, not 12 or less lol.


Eggs are vegetarian, fish is not

"Vegetarians" annoy me, if you eat fish you aren't vegetarian, you just dont like red meat. But i guess it's better than nothing.

I've also heard of people who eat a steak a month to keep their iron levels up. Thats more steak than most people eat >:O and can easily be remedied with iron pills or mushrooms, olives, pseudo-meats etc.

Someone who doesn't eat land animals or birds but eats fish, crustaceans and such is called a pescetarian. My sister was on/off vegetarian/pescetarian/omnivore for the longest time because she wanted to lose weight.


Well I don't eat fish either way. Some people on the net say fish is vegetarian and some say not but I get confused. Personally, I don't find it vegetarian because its an animal but was just asking how it was perceived in the scientific world.
For food, my parents just make mostly Indian food, which is vegetarian and on saturdays and sundays we usually have western food (which is vegetarian obv)
End my suffering
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 434
ProTech157
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24845
Calm 4404
Light 184
910 98
Mind 83
Free 81
Zeus 80
Mini 77
Trap 43
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Rock 25
ToSsGirL 22
soO 22
Sexy 14
Sacsri 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9523
XaKoH 359
Counter-Strike
fl0m6032
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1816
Other Games
singsing1936
FrodaN789
Beastyqt672
B2W.Neo585
mouzStarbuck289
crisheroes267
Livibee192
Hui .155
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM122
KnowMe99
Trikslyr81
QueenE67
edward24
BRAT_OK 19
MindelVK8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 19
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2264
Other Games
• Shiphtur810
• imaqtpie380
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 21m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.