• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

Getting tired of having to defend myself... - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
August 10 2010 02:27 GMT
#21
On August 10 2010 03:40 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 03:37 jimminy_kriket wrote:
On August 10 2010 03:04 Xeris wrote:
Constructive criticism:

- don't bad mouth other casters/streams on your stream (I.E. what i heard last week during the open wolf cup) ... don't gossip or talk about random crap, focus on the games and providing analysis.

- following from the last point, when you're actually casting a tournament and such, you should be professional

I don't think he should try and be more professional at all. It's good to have a caster that isn't afraid to swear or insult anyone. The last thing we need is another day[9] clone who candy coats everything he says because quite frankly it's gotten quite bland.

Keep up the good work BigT, you're one of my favorites.


I never said anything about swearing OO...

I think when you are casting events you should be professional, when youre streaming random shit, do w/e you want


I think theres a level of professionalism that needs to be maintained. As an model to strive towards, Charles Barkley is known for bashing on players and being quite blunt, but he does it with a level of professionalism. I may be wrong, but maybe others don't think you are using the professionalism with your bluntness.
mav451
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1596 Posts
August 10 2010 02:45 GMT
#22
I don't know if I would call Sir Charles a model in "professionalism". I get what you're saying, but it doesn't really apply here. BigT did just fine tonight too.
With no power comes no responsibility?
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
August 10 2010 03:25 GMT
#23
Criticism comes with the territory of being a known personality.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=65577#1

Read this, then do the opposite.
sutureself
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States192 Posts
August 10 2010 03:48 GMT
#24
I watch a lot of streams, and I just want to point out that I think yours is pretty good. You're not overly hyper, but you're not monotone either. Minimap/screen framing mechanics aside, your commentary was decent and I learned a thing or two watching it the other day.

I won't name names and I do admire all the people who dedicate their time and energy to broadcasting SC/SC2 for the rest of us, but many other streams are unbearable. Literally checking every 1-5 minutes how many new facebook friends they have, how many SC2 friends they have or how many viewers are watching at the moment. Pro tip: No one cares. Brag to your advertisers with that data if you must. I'm sure many other people are like me and lead busy lives, but like to pop on TL to catch a game or two in a spare half hour or whatnot. The more SC content, the better.

You stuck to SC-related content, at least in the time I watched, which is nice. Keep it up.

Finally: A lot of the criticism I saw in chat seemed to be coming from people who didn't even appear to know what SC2 was beyond some passing knowledge that it exists... I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that.
Im tired of following my dreams, man. Im just going to ask them where theyre going and hook up with them later. -mh
schiznak
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia258 Posts
August 10 2010 03:52 GMT
#25
I would like you to define the difference between constructive criticism and complaints, it seems whenever anyone has anything negative to say about you, you get defensive and angry, you then proceed to tell them to phrase it as constructive criticism instead of a complaint.
"That's very e-sports of you to have the camera focused on the people instead of the game" -ultradavid
rushz0rz
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada5300 Posts
August 10 2010 03:59 GMT
#26
OK, so, you make this huge post about being sorry and all this crap, and then you completely ignore the real reason why everyone thinks you're a bad caster. Awesome.
IntoTheRainBOw fan~
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
August 10 2010 03:59 GMT
#27
I hear just about everyday how much I suck and the many ways I should kill myself.

No worries.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
August 10 2010 05:00 GMT
#28
Work on pausing. Sometimes you talk about so much that it just overloads the viewers with information. There's an art to knowing when to pause and let your thoughts and ideas sync in. Also, some of your comments CAN be taken as arrogance and a large ego. Not saying that's how they are intended, but that's how they are heard.
Life is Good.
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
August 10 2010 05:17 GMT
#29
Just think about it this way. There are what, a couple thousand users on your stream usually? Clearly these hundreds or thousands or whatever it is dont dislike your casting enough to stop watching. They probably even like it. And its not like other people cant cast the same things you do. You dont have to tailor your casting to meet everyones wants, just do it with your own style.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
BigT
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 19:34:33
August 10 2010 19:28 GMT
#30
On August 10 2010 14:00 Alou wrote:
Work on pausing. Sometimes you talk about so much that it just overloads the viewers with information. There's an art to knowing when to pause and let your thoughts and ideas sync in. Also, some of your comments CAN be taken as arrogance and a large ego. Not saying that's how they are intended, but that's how they are heard.


I can work on pauses. But if you listen to my stream for more than a couple of minutes theres a very slim chance you could mistake what i say for as arrogance lol.

On August 10 2010 12:52 schiznak wrote:
I would like you to define the difference between constructive criticism and complaints, it seems whenever anyone has anything negative to say about you, you get defensive and angry, you then proceed to tell them to phrase it as constructive criticism instead of a complaint.


This is completely false. I complaint is just someone bitching about something without the intention of helping me. Constructive criticism is from people who are actually trying to help (without being sarcastic).

On August 10 2010 12:59 rushz0rz wrote:
OK, so, you make this huge post about being sorry and all this crap, and then you completely ignore the real reason why everyone thinks you're a bad caster. Awesome.


I'm sorry, what did I leave out?

On August 10 2010 12:59 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I hear just about everyday how much I suck and the many ways I should kill myself.

No worries.


haha, yeah i hear ya man.

On August 10 2010 04:29 Lexpar wrote:
Maybe I'm an asshole, but I hate it when people say this is the gayest map ever, which will allow this gaylord to be at his absolute gayest. I don't think it's funny or intelligent. Whatever, thanks for streaming I guess.


I'm just communicating in the language I use. I'm not trying to be funny or intelligent I'm just being myself. And your welcome i guess..

And as always, I apologize for giving the negative ones most of my attention, I really shouldn't and it's something that I need to work on! So thank you again so much for everyone who does enjoy watching my stream and supports me!
Big T
omnigol
Profile Joined April 2008
United States166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 20:17:57
August 10 2010 20:15 GMT
#31
I enjoyed the casting on saturday. I like it when people are real and just say a map is gay when they think so.

As for constant crying of people on the internet that's the internet. don't really know how you should respond I just figure there's always going to be too much shit for you to be bothered with especially seeing as you had at least 2300+ viewers on saturday. I'd stick to just getting feedback from friends, or at least people that are invested in SC2 community and have an interest in your stream being successful.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 20:36:12
August 10 2010 20:34 GMT
#32
Tired of you being overly defensive and opening threads to complain about shit that happened in another thread. This is number 2 right?

Edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/search.php?q=criticism&t=c&f=-1&u=bigt&gb=date

Please, just get over it and stop opening new threads.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 10 2010 20:38 GMT
#33
In fact I see no reason for this not to be in your stream thread. Put it there.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
ProTech126
Nina 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13440
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2457
JimRising 246
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5746
Khaldor1549
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g7129
fl0m848
shahzam459
C9.Mang0199
FrodaN192
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS91
ToD81
JuggernautJason62
Mew2King53
ViBE18
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
Other Games
angryscii11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen119
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
Stellar Fest
15h 42m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.