• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:06
CEST 04:06
KST 11:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8062 users

SKTL Season 1 ($1500 prize pool) - Page 6

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
619
Profile Joined July 2017
United States87 Posts
November 28 2017 17:12 GMT
#101
I do appreciate your compliment about the SK Weekly Tournament, its something the staff and I have taken serious for some time and we are excited to bring awesome content to the community every week. Thanks for everyones participation and support.
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
November 28 2017 17:35 GMT
#102

What exactly have you done for the community Demurity? In the last 6 months not only have I donated 1000+ hrs hosting events and tournaments, but with the SKTL included I have also given nearly $3,000 in tournament payouts. When nobody was hosting any events, I was there every week.


Youve asked me the same question for the same argument to me several times now. What youre doing is measuring self-worth using the metric youve chosen, time contributed hosting events. If I were to ask: how many people would rather play/hang out with me over you? Well then I think we have a moot point.

Also, I cant do 1000+ hours in 6 months because I have a full time job. Apparently, those numbers youve put in average to 41.66 hrs/week, equivalent to a full time job.
|Terran|
619
Profile Joined July 2017
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-28 19:36:44
November 28 2017 17:41 GMT
#103
Listen this isnt a popularity battle - I have two full-time jobs and work as much as you more more while still managing to find the time to provide quality content for the community. Again what have you done in the last 6 months?

Experience- Overall it has been a great experiences for the players and we have developed a respected ongoing weekly tournament. During this time we have paid nearly $2,000 in winnings and have had zero issues with payouts.

Advantage- When we started doing this for the community we where literally the only tournament happening aside from ASL. We also have developed several relationships with companies that will support our vision and benefit the community when it comes to future events and tournaments.

I have stated multiple times that I am far from perfect and there will be things I can do to change and improve. With that being said I also hold far more weight in the positive experience and advantages I have brought to the community then I have done to wrong anybody. These things are not possible without time/money so when you measure self-worth to a community/organization those metrics have to be highly valued.
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
November 28 2017 18:29 GMT
#104
Its a matter of cost-benefit; each person chooses what they value-- you cannot control this. Simply put, is the cost of having a corrupt org run by a snake worth having a league? Some people agree via participation in the league, and some dont by way of exiting. It isnt wise to regard yourself in high esteem and ignore those who disappprove, while saying youre doing everything you can to improve. This hypocrisy is exactly why I had left SK the first time, then you turned around and begged me to come back while apologizing. To reiterate, I enjoyed playing and spending time with the SK members, but I think youre the only one holding yourself back from actually getting people to want to help you.
|Terran|
619
Profile Joined July 2017
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-28 19:15:23
November 28 2017 19:15 GMT
#105
On November 29 2017 03:29 Demurity wrote:
Its a matter of cost-benefit; each person chooses what they value-- you cannot control this. Simply put, is the cost of having a corrupt org run by a snake worth having a league? Some people agree via participation in the league, and some dont by way of exiting. It isnt wise to regard yourself in high esteem and ignore those who disappprove, while saying youre doing everything you can to improve. This hypocrisy is exactly why I had left SK the first time, then you turned around and begged me to come back while apologizing. To reiterate, I enjoyed playing and spending time with the SK members, but I think youre the only one holding yourself back from actually getting people to want to help you.



I will take your feedback into condsideration, thank you.
Siz)Beggar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States339 Posts
November 28 2017 19:52 GMT
#106
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
November 28 2017 20:18 GMT
#107
Did I hear... hockey cards?
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
November 28 2017 21:20 GMT
#108
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

You could, though I think for MOST Pokemon cards, they are far more valuable when they are in the meta, once they roll out of standard, a lot of them drop in value... Except the ones that gain the "collectible" value - but it would have to be mint condition.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
November 28 2017 22:02 GMT
#109
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

If they are 1st Edition Base Set holographic cards, you might have something here.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
November 28 2017 22:11 GMT
#110
On November 29 2017 07:02 EndingLife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

If they are 1st Edition Base Set holographic cards, you might have something here.

Even better if they're autographed:

https://shopmeelypops.com/products/charizard-1st-edition-shadowless-pokemon-psa-dna-autograph-mitsuhiro-arita-4-102?gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCq6pU7Af-wSJBklyA5heLLW_QwjzuCYoHCx2_Owz5tmmKa_iObvq-UBoCfcUQAvD_BwE
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
November 28 2017 22:36 GMT
#111
On November 29 2017 07:11 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 07:02 EndingLife wrote:
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

If they are 1st Edition Base Set holographic cards, you might have something here.

Even better if they're autographed:

https://shopmeelypops.com/products/charizard-1st-edition-shadowless-pokemon-psa-dna-autograph-mitsuhiro-arita-4-102?gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCq6pU7Af-wSJBklyA5heLLW_QwjzuCYoHCx2_Owz5tmmKa_iObvq-UBoCfcUQAvD_BwE


Good god I wish I never lost my holographic hitmonlee
|Terran|
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
November 28 2017 22:43 GMT
#112
On November 29 2017 07:11 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 07:02 EndingLife wrote:
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

If they are 1st Edition Base Set holographic cards, you might have something here.

Even better if they're autographed:

https://shopmeelypops.com/products/charizard-1st-edition-shadowless-pokemon-psa-dna-autograph-mitsuhiro-arita-4-102?gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCq6pU7Af-wSJBklyA5heLLW_QwjzuCYoHCx2_Owz5tmmKa_iObvq-UBoCfcUQAvD_BwE

The expert weighs in from experience!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
November 28 2017 23:34 GMT
#113
I had a huge base set collection back in the day. 150+ holographic cards, a few first edition holos and a lot of rare promo cards. I gave them to my nephew some time ago.. Time to be an Indian giver to fund BW tournaments!
docholiday_tv
Profile Joined April 2017
108 Posts
November 29 2017 00:29 GMT
#114
(copypasta'd from my discord post)

Hey guys, I along with the SK team would like to inform you all that as of now, I am assuming the position of being the official go-between for you guys and the SKTL leadership. If you guys have any questions about anything, grievances to express, or suggestions please feel free to hit me up. Additionally, with 619 I intend to assist with avoiding any further negative feelings about the way the league is being managed. I intend to do this by having an open and ongoing dialogue with team leaders/managers to avoid seemingly unilateral decision making going forward. I obviously can't guarantee total capitulation to every individual complaint, but will make sure the opinions of the community and participants are factored in when decisions are being made. I also will to the best of my abilities keep you guys informed of any ideas or changes that may be made AHEAD of their implementation, so your thoughts and impressions can be taken into account and considered as part of the decision making process.

Also how did this thread become about pokemon cards.
Siz)Beggar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States339 Posts
November 29 2017 06:16 GMT
#115
On November 29 2017 07:02 EndingLife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 04:52 Siz)Beggar wrote:
i think i have some old pokemon and yugioh cards that are pretty rare and should fetch a pretty penny when i sell ill contribute to the prize pool

If they are 1st Edition Base Set holographic cards, you might have something here.


bro they are the original from when they came out with the red and blue packs back in the 90s
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 29 2017 09:29 GMT
#116
On November 29 2017 09:29 docholiday_tv wrote:
(copypasta'd from my discord post)

Hey guys, I along with the SK team would like to inform you all that as of now, I am assuming the position of being the official go-between for you guys and the SKTL leadership. If you guys have any questions about anything, grievances to express, or suggestions please feel free to hit me up. Additionally, with 619 I intend to assist with avoiding any further negative feelings about the way the league is being managed. I intend to do this by having an open and ongoing dialogue with team leaders/managers to avoid seemingly unilateral decision making going forward. I obviously can't guarantee total capitulation to every individual complaint, but will make sure the opinions of the community and participants are factored in when decisions are being made. I also will to the best of my abilities keep you guys informed of any ideas or changes that may be made AHEAD of their implementation, so your thoughts and impressions can be taken into account and considered as part of the decision making process.

Also how did this thread become about pokemon cards.


This should be done at the stage of planning. Not mid season. Ridiculous :D
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
November 29 2017 14:31 GMT
#117
On November 29 2017 18:29 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 09:29 docholiday_tv wrote:
(copypasta'd from my discord post)

Hey guys, I along with the SK team would like to inform you all that as of now, I am assuming the position of being the official go-between for you guys and the SKTL leadership. If you guys have any questions about anything, grievances to express, or suggestions please feel free to hit me up. Additionally, with 619 I intend to assist with avoiding any further negative feelings about the way the league is being managed. I intend to do this by having an open and ongoing dialogue with team leaders/managers to avoid seemingly unilateral decision making going forward. I obviously can't guarantee total capitulation to every individual complaint, but will make sure the opinions of the community and participants are factored in when decisions are being made. I also will to the best of my abilities keep you guys informed of any ideas or changes that may be made AHEAD of their implementation, so your thoughts and impressions can be taken into account and considered as part of the decision making process.

Also how did this thread become about pokemon cards.


This should be done at the stage of planning. Not mid season. Ridiculous :D

It's never too early or too late to try to improve your league. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this change, that's more important than the change itself.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
November 29 2017 14:38 GMT
#118
@Clan SK TV, can you please post in the thread when the week 3 VODs are uploaded to youtube with a link?
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
November 29 2017 15:26 GMT
#119
On November 29 2017 23:31 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2017 18:29 BlueStar wrote:
On November 29 2017 09:29 docholiday_tv wrote:
(copypasta'd from my discord post)

Hey guys, I along with the SK team would like to inform you all that as of now, I am assuming the position of being the official go-between for you guys and the SKTL leadership. If you guys have any questions about anything, grievances to express, or suggestions please feel free to hit me up. Additionally, with 619 I intend to assist with avoiding any further negative feelings about the way the league is being managed. I intend to do this by having an open and ongoing dialogue with team leaders/managers to avoid seemingly unilateral decision making going forward. I obviously can't guarantee total capitulation to every individual complaint, but will make sure the opinions of the community and participants are factored in when decisions are being made. I also will to the best of my abilities keep you guys informed of any ideas or changes that may be made AHEAD of their implementation, so your thoughts and impressions can be taken into account and considered as part of the decision making process.

Also how did this thread become about pokemon cards.


This should be done at the stage of planning. Not mid season. Ridiculous :D

It's never too early or too late to try to improve your league. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this change, that's more important than the change itself.


Better late than never, right?
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
619
Profile Joined July 2017
United States87 Posts
November 29 2017 19:58 GMT
#120
On November 29 2017 23:38 Eywa- wrote:
@Clan SK TV, can you please post in the thread when the week 3 VODs are uploaded to youtube with a link?


Honestly wont get around to it until I return but the multi-stream/upload to YT is being worked on. If you want to see the VOD's you can go directly to our Twitch for now http://twitch.tv/clansk_tv they are still saved.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings70
EnkiAlexander 32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 58
Nina 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 603
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1109
taco 389
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox565
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 665
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1130
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 54m
Stellar Fest
10h 54m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.