• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:27
CEST 06:27
KST 13:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10570 users

$20,000 - ZOTAC CUP MASTERS: SC:RM (NA/SA) - Page 26

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
592 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 30 Next All
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4129 Posts
December 04 2017 11:53 GMT
#501
sorry for off-topic, but is there anywhere an official bracket for this event? too see results?
Drone is a way of living
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 04 2017 12:29 GMT
#502
this is sad for zotac invite an ugly person to this event.
apm200 terran play for fun
Sea[SR]
Profile Joined May 2011
United States29 Posts
December 04 2017 12:42 GMT
#503
Larva just showed what he thinks about foreigners starcraft skill.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
December 04 2017 13:55 GMT
#504
On December 04 2017 21:42 Sea[SR] wrote:
Larva just showed what he thinks about foreigners starcraft skill.


He was being a showman in a showmatch series.

This entire thing is being blown way out of proportion.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7083 Posts
December 04 2017 13:57 GMT
#505
On December 04 2017 22:55 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 21:42 Sea[SR] wrote:
Larva just showed what he thinks about foreigners starcraft skill.


He was being a showman in a showmatch series.

This entire thing is being blown way out of proportion.

why do you complain about the cast then ?
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 14:03 GMT
#506
With retrospection it’s more clear that Larva was doing it to put on a show for the viewers. I’m sure he didn’t do it to insult legend nor do I think it was anything more than just him being a showman. I will say it sucks that legend had to be the butt if it and I feel a bit sorry for him but Larva surely didn’t mean it maliciously. All in all a really fun tournament. I could listen to those casters riff and talk about the old days for hours on end. The nostalgia is overwhelming lol. GG
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
December 04 2017 14:07 GMT
#507
On December 04 2017 22:57 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 22:55 Qikz wrote:
On December 04 2017 21:42 Sea[SR] wrote:
Larva just showed what he thinks about foreigners starcraft skill.


He was being a showman in a showmatch series.

This entire thing is being blown way out of proportion.

why do you complain about the cast then ?


I wasn't complaining about the cast. I merely said it's not entirely to my liking as on the first day they spoke about the game very little. My personal preference for the event would've been different, but I understand why they did what they did. I enjoyed it regardless, I just wish they'd have spoken about the game more, I'd love to have heard their insight about things more often!
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 14:12 GMT
#508
On December 04 2017 23:07 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 22:57 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
On December 04 2017 22:55 Qikz wrote:
On December 04 2017 21:42 Sea[SR] wrote:
Larva just showed what he thinks about foreigners starcraft skill.


He was being a showman in a showmatch series.

This entire thing is being blown way out of proportion.

why do you complain about the cast then ?


I wasn't complaining about the cast. I merely said it's not entirely to my liking as on the first day they spoke about the game very little. My personal preference for the event would've been different, but I understand why they did what they did. I enjoyed it regardless, I just wish they'd have spoken about the game more, I'd love to have heard their insight about things more often!

Yeah I’m kinda torn lol. I love deep analysis of BW but by god I do enjoy the group of them just riffing. I could listen to their nostalgia talk for hours lol.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Yiome
Profile Joined February 2014
China1687 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 14:27:36
December 04 2017 14:25 GMT
#509
ZOTAC China just released a statement on its official Weibo (in Chinese)
Apparently ZOTAC is not informed before hand by Larva with his actions and has not given him their approval. ZOTAC apologize to Luo Xian (Legend) and would ban Larva from any more ZOTAC event.
Sea[SR]
Profile Joined May 2011
United States29 Posts
December 04 2017 14:33 GMT
#510
On December 04 2017 23:25 Yiome wrote:
ZOTAC China just released a statement on its official Weibo (in Chinese)
Apparently ZOTAC is not informed before hand by Larva with his actions and has not given him their approval. ZOTAC apologize to Luo Xian (Legend) and would ban Larva from any more ZOTAC event.

great news!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 14:51 GMT
#511
On December 04 2017 23:33 Sea[SR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:25 Yiome wrote:
ZOTAC China just released a statement on its official Weibo (in Chinese)
Apparently ZOTAC is not informed before hand by Larva with his actions and has not given him their approval. ZOTAC apologize to Luo Xian (Legend) and would ban Larva from any more ZOTAC event.

great news!

I don't know about great news, but it's a good response to the situation.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Yiome
Profile Joined February 2014
China1687 Posts
December 04 2017 14:56 GMT
#512
On December 04 2017 23:51 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:33 Sea[SR] wrote:
On December 04 2017 23:25 Yiome wrote:
ZOTAC China just released a statement on its official Weibo (in Chinese)
Apparently ZOTAC is not informed before hand by Larva with his actions and has not given him their approval. ZOTAC apologize to Luo Xian (Legend) and would ban Larva from any more ZOTAC event.

great news!

I don't know about great news, but it's a good response to the situation.

The only possible response before things getting even more out of hand. Good damage control, if it is better if nothing like this happened in the first place.
But who knows, if not for this probably there won't be much media attention to a bw tourney in the first place. So a swift response might actually earn ZOTAC some PR points? lol
MymSlorm
Profile Joined May 2017
Chile187 Posts
December 04 2017 14:58 GMT
#513
everything was good, except commentary during games because they were more about like telling jokes to each other, than actually caring about the games being played, i watched JimRising's stream instead during the games. what i really liked were the interviews, and the silly games between each series
"There will always be a new generation of youth, they will be more beautiful, more vigorous, and they shall inspire greater hope for the future in the hearts of the living"
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 15:35:42
December 04 2017 15:14 GMT
#514
On December 04 2017 23:58 MymSlorm wrote:
everything was good, except commentary during games because they were more about like telling jokes to each other, than actually caring about the games being played, i watched JimRising's stream instead during the games. what i really liked were the interviews, and the silly games between each series


I'm pretty sure that was the style of cast they were aiming for tho. Zotac probably wanted them to replicate the style of casting that was done during the launch event (laid back, friends joking around with each other etc.) seeing as it was a huge success.

The only reason Zotac NA happened is because the organizers loved the launch event. Big name personalities/casters draw the viewers and most people love watching casual/laid back casts. The odds of us having a big BW tourney without casters like Artosis/Day9/iNcontroL/Tasteless is very unlikely. Organizers won't invest money into a game if there's no big draw (unless Blizzard steps in and starts pumping money into the scene).
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 15:17 GMT
#515
On December 05 2017 00:14 TT1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:58 MymSlorm wrote:
everything was good, except commentary during games because they were more about like telling jokes to each other, than actually caring about the games being played, i watched JimRising's stream instead during the games. what i really liked were the interviews, and the silly games between each series


I'm pretty sure that was the style of cast they were aiming for tho. Zotac probably wanted them to replicate the style of casting that was done during the launch event (laid back, friends joking around with each other etc.) seeing as it was a huge success.

Yeah, I think the cast was great (within the style they were aiming for).

Personally, I would have preferred a different style, but many others preferred this style.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
December 04 2017 15:48 GMT
#516
I think the nuke was fine, the other stuff was in bad taste imo.
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
December 04 2017 15:50 GMT
#517
I guess they had to improvise as not all the casters are up to date with the brood war scene. At least Day9 and Artosis were trying to talk about the games being played. Even though I was watching for the games and not the comedy, I thought it was a great cast overall.
MymSlorm
Profile Joined May 2017
Chile187 Posts
December 04 2017 15:57 GMT
#518
On December 04 2017 17:42 iNcontroL wrote:
I know it's only a few saying this but wtf.. I wasn't "pissed" I was doing my usual straight face dry humor lol.
I asked him about his thigh for fuck sakes. How can people read that as anger?

I just pulled a 9 hour day after a 13 hour day. Some of you all really want drama.. get outside or something. We were all fine there.

i re-watched the games, and it wasn't just your face and mood after the game and during the interview, but the way you spoke after the leg incident during game 3, it was like when people make jokes about your dog not moving. Like an angry person who don't want to show he's pissed off
"There will always be a new generation of youth, they will be more beautiful, more vigorous, and they shall inspire greater hope for the future in the hearts of the living"
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
December 04 2017 16:01 GMT
#519
I was looking at your words and how you type and if you look closely it's like an idiot trying to find drama / meaning in something when it's explained by that person that they weren't mad ...
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 16:04 GMT
#520
On December 05 2017 00:57 MymSlorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 17:42 iNcontroL wrote:
I know it's only a few saying this but wtf.. I wasn't "pissed" I was doing my usual straight face dry humor lol.
I asked him about his thigh for fuck sakes. How can people read that as anger?

I just pulled a 9 hour day after a 13 hour day. Some of you all really want drama.. get outside or something. We were all fine there.

i re-watched the games, and it wasn't just your face and mood after the game and during the interview, but the way you spoke after the leg incident during game 3, it was like when people make jokes about your dog not moving. Like an angry person who don't want to show he's pissed off

I feel like you have never watched an Incontrol cast or hell even the rest of the event.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft390
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2123
sorry 29
910 27
yabsab 18
Bale 17
Terrorterran 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox785
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv457
WinterStarcraft339
C9.Mang0281
Livibee154
Sick138
Maynarde125
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Stunt353
Other Games
• Day9tv457
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 33m
Stellar Fest
8h 33m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.