• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9009 users

$20,000 - ZOTAC CUP MASTERS: SC:RM (NA/SA) - Page 24

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
592 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
Siz)Beggar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States339 Posts
December 04 2017 05:42 GMT
#461
On December 04 2017 14:40 MindBreaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:35 Siz)Beggar wrote:
starcraft is a game that rewards those who put in the time and effort he plays 100s of games a month and has been doing this on a consistent basis for probably 10+ years since he was trying to join skt back in the days he is a notch above these players because he has earned it and deserved it

Yeah and im sure LX and some of hte other guys in that tournament train hard too. The difference of course being that they dont live in Korea and do not have access to ASL training partners which of course means they can never be as good. No one is saying he doesnt deserve to win or that he hasnt trained hard to be here that isnt the debate. Its whether that gives you the right to be an ass.


so you think that foreigners cant practice with these pros? i bet bonyth can get games vs top krs right now if he chose to. i can also bet you that lx doesnt play nearly as many games as larva does.
wallace black
Profile Joined October 2017
5 Posts
December 04 2017 05:45 GMT
#462
I liked it and thought it was fun. I liked it when Larva played as a terran and nuked the ptotoss. Larva is fun to watch and he is very good.
juvenal
Profile Joined July 2013
2448 Posts
December 04 2017 05:48 GMT
#463
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.
Michael Probu
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 05:49 GMT
#464
I actually really liked this from Larva. Non-Koreans always like to complain when Koreans are allowed to play in tournaments, but they play anyway and allow themselves to be put into these situations where their opponent can just toy with them.

Troll him instead, if you're going to have an issue about it, make the issue known in game. It's the best way to send a message, talking about it before and/or after is pointless.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Siz)Beggar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States339 Posts
December 04 2017 05:49 GMT
#465
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
December 04 2017 05:50 GMT
#466
On December 04 2017 14:30 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:27 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
People are crybabies these days. They invited him so he is free to do what he wants in game. There's nothing against it. And if his opponent doesn't like it then he should win.

Using your own logic, this is a forum, people are free to post what they want, they are free to criticize his actions and you're free to criticize theirs.

You're also free to criticize this post FYI, I believe that's how it works.


I agree. I don't believe I ever denied that people are free to criticize his actions. However, I stand by my statement that they are crybabies.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
juvenal
Profile Joined July 2013
2448 Posts
December 04 2017 05:50 GMT
#467
On December 04 2017 14:00 duke91 wrote:
oh please, the skill gap is so big that larva felt this tournament was a joke to begin with. Not his fault he couldnt take anyone seriously. Seriously some players were d+ level and i am not even memeing

why attend a joke of a tournament then? Oh right, there's a juicy prize on the line. You wanna get paid for what you're doing - behave professionally. Could you imagine Flash doing shit like that?
Michael Probu
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 05:51:36
December 04 2017 05:51 GMT
#468
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


Lx is a grown man. He can take it. If not then I suggest he wipe his tears with those money he just received.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
juvenal
Profile Joined July 2013
2448 Posts
December 04 2017 05:55 GMT
#469
On December 04 2017 14:19 Song1 wrote:
Larva was actually pretty concerned about whether people were upset about it... he was asking if there was even a tiny fraction of the foreign fans that didnt like it.

he wanted to do it for foreign viewers cause he thought they liked stuff like that

well that's good on him then, but intentionally or not he still fucked it up.
Michael Probu
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 06:02:42
December 04 2017 05:56 GMT
#470
On December 04 2017 14:51 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


Lx is a grown man. He can take it. If not then I suggest he wipe his tears with those money he just received.


Everything you've said in this thread constitutes straw man arguments that are at best tangentially related to the issue at hand. "Lx can take it." "If Lx didn't like it, he should just win." Like what?


On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


This is legitimately confusing me. After-game ceremonies are the epitome of in-game playing with toes/leaning back/killing own units/etc.? Additionally, people who are "defending" Larva, like you, seem to be under the impression that those of us who found his antics disrespectful are "angry" or "pissed." That is, in my case at least, a significant exaggeration. I am merely giving my opinion of Larva's actions in a thread about the tournament he just played in.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:02 GMT
#471
On December 04 2017 14:56 Ganfei2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:51 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


Lx is a grown man. He can take it. If not then I suggest he wipe his tears with those money he just received.


Everything you've said in this thread constitutes a straw man arguments that are at best tangentially related to the issue at hand. "Lx can take it." "If Lx didn't like it, he should just win." Like what?


Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


This is legitimately confusing me. After-game ceremonies are the epitome of in-game playing with toes/leaning back/killing own units/etc.? Additionally, people who are "defending" Larva, like you, seem to be under the impression that those of us who found his antics disrespectful are "angry" or "pissed." That is, in my case at least, a significant exaggeration. I am merely giving my opinion of Larva's actions in a thread about the tournament he just played in.

Agreed, I wouldnt say i am legitimately angry or pissed, more just dissapointed. Now Legend, He is fucking pissed. Can't say I blame him. He is beyoooond angry
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
December 04 2017 06:03 GMT
#472
On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


FBH played in the italian esports open just a few weeks ago and he was never the least bit BM
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
December 04 2017 06:03 GMT
#473
On December 04 2017 14:56 Ganfei2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:51 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


Lx is a grown man. He can take it. If not then I suggest he wipe his tears with those money he just received.


Everything you've said in this thread constitutes a straw man arguments that are at best tangentially related to the issue at hand. "Lx can take it." "If Lx didn't like it, he should just win." Like what?


Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


This is legitimately confusing me. After-game ceremonies are the epitome of in-game playing with toes/leaning back/killing own units/etc.? Additionally, people who are "defending" Larva, like you, seem to be under the impression that those of us who found his antics disrespectful are "angry" or "pissed." That is, in my case at least, a significant exaggeration. I am merely giving my opinion of Larva's actions in a thread about the tournament he just played in.


I'll be honest with you. I am still unsure of what the issue is. My best guess is that somebody's feeling was hurt. I'm not even trying to downplay it or anything but it's hard for me to believe that something like this can become such a huge controversy. If you think that I am out of touch then I think you may be right.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
thinkinger
Profile Joined December 2017
21 Posts
December 04 2017 06:05 GMT
#474
I was simply disgusted. Starcraft is for fun, and I have no interest watching shit. If something looks like a shit, smells like a shit, I just stay away. If some other people like shit, or like to study whether it is really shit, it is certainly their freedom.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:06 GMT
#475
On December 04 2017 15:03 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:56 Ganfei2 wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:51 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


Lx is a grown man. He can take it. If not then I suggest he wipe his tears with those money he just received.


Everything you've said in this thread constitutes a straw man arguments that are at best tangentially related to the issue at hand. "Lx can take it." "If Lx didn't like it, he should just win." Like what?


On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


This is legitimately confusing me. After-game ceremonies are the epitome of in-game playing with toes/leaning back/killing own units/etc.? Additionally, people who are "defending" Larva, like you, seem to be under the impression that those of us who found his antics disrespectful are "angry" or "pissed." That is, in my case at least, a significant exaggeration. I am merely giving my opinion of Larva's actions in a thread about the tournament he just played in.


I'll be honest with you. I am still unsure of what the issue is. My best guess is that somebody's feeling was hurt. I'm not even trying to downplay it or anything but it's hard for me to believe that something like this can become such a huge controversy. If you think that I am out of touch then I think you may be right.

Well Legend is sure as hell pissed
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
yellowsmile
Profile Joined October 2011
United States293 Posts
December 04 2017 06:07 GMT
#476
On December 04 2017 14:35 AManHasNoName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:29 NoS-Craig wrote:
Larva was trying to entertain the fans that's all. That's his thing to be entertaining and out there for us to enjoy. I like Larva


Well said, I agree completely.

I can say quite confidently that Larva's intentions were good. He wasn't trying to humiliate his opponent or disrespect him. He thought that foreign fans were likely to understand that and take is as fun goofs rather than serious disrespect. As evidenced by this thread, that's not the case for some. But, I enjoyed it and I was able to introduce some of my friends to Starcraft by having them watch the stream with me and they enjoyed it as well.


I am quite sure larva was trying to bring some funs for the viewers also. However as an adult and current well known player, larva should have thought about how LX might take consideration of this, even he did not mean to show disrespect. and as a result, LX has already expressed his angry by posting thread on his personal blog.

In my opnion,
cheese/weird strategy---ok
manner hatch in a 100% winning situation---ok
nuclear---not that good but still ok
playing with feet/cross hands/lying down --- totally bm

I hope someone is able to get to the official or larva directly and let larva know that LX does feel unhappy and larva can apologize for those bms.


Modesty/widowkiller_
juvenal
Profile Joined July 2013
2448 Posts
December 04 2017 06:08 GMT
#477
On December 04 2017 15:03 iamho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 14:49 Siz)Beggar wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:48 juvenal wrote:
On December 04 2017 14:34 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\


lol fuck off with your speculation. You don't know shit and you are trying to bring up race issue here.

It was pure larva being a showman/cocky ass.

showmanship at the expence of other people = being an idiot. He gets away doing that on his stream, because he plays against people who both know him personally and know his antics so it's not bm but rather silly banter. It's the same as why you don't play stupid jokes on complete strangers. You could clearly see Legend wasn't amused in the slightest.


so i take it everyone who is pissed at larva in this thread must despise firebathero as well huh? since fbh is the epitome of what larva just did to legend


FBH played in the italian esports open just a few weeks ago and he was never the least bit BM

yes, he literally did his ceremony only after Gorynich asked him to do it
Michael Probu
sc19980331
Profile Joined March 2017
China1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 06:14:29
December 04 2017 06:12 GMT
#478

In my opnion,
cheese/weird strategy---ok
manner hatch in a 100% winning situation---ok
nuclear---not that good but still ok
playing with feet/cross hands/lying down --- totally bm

I hope someone is able to get to the official or larva directly and let larva know that LX does feel unhappy and larva can apologize for those bms.

Yep, totally agree.
Plus, it's also bad for ZOTAC brand image here in China, they should think about it seriously, then communicate with Larva and apologize.
TL+ Member
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
December 04 2017 06:16 GMT
#479
He did something like this against Sea during WEGL semi's so it wasn't entirely unexpected

but it was bit too far when he continued to do it lol.
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
December 04 2017 06:19 GMT
#480
Hey everyone!

Just getting on my flight home. I hope you all had fun. I think I coulda done a much better job observing but that’s just how it is I guess.

I know I missed like 2 major drops, that 2nd nuke (I swear I didn’t get prompted) and that Corsair/scourge moment.

I’ll have to try better! I know but y’all supported me quite well when I poked my head into chat and so I thank you for that.

Cheers!
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15673
Dewaltoss 112
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever316
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3618
Khaldor1797
Liquid`Hasu829
Other Games
summit1g4660
fl0m1088
Beastyqt682
shahzam432
FrodaN407
byalli219
KnowMe198
ArmadaUGS170
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC102
Mew2King63
PPMD4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 29
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie871
• WagamamaTV268
• Shiphtur186
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 59m
Stellar Fest
16h 59m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.