• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:16
CEST 04:16
KST 11:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8770 users

$20,000 - ZOTAC CUP MASTERS: SC:RM (NA/SA) - Page 22

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
592 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
NoS-Craig
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia3169 Posts
December 04 2017 04:50 GMT
#421
I really enjoyed this Zotac cup. Larva was crazy doing all that shit. Loved the interviews the guys did as well as Larva did on his stream.

Such a great event to watch in general.
Artosis loves Starcraft
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 04:52:11
December 04 2017 04:50 GMT
#422
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Nukid
Profile Joined April 2010
United States240 Posts
December 04 2017 04:51 GMT
#423
wow the skill gap is so big
Wonk
Profile Joined March 2017
546 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 04:58:53
December 04 2017 04:52 GMT
#424
I laughed pretty damn hard when I saw his foot on the keyboard but it's sad such a fun tournament had to end on that note, and I feel bad it was using somebody else for comedy, especially a player as good as Lx, he did not deserve that. I hope he took it all in good humour, it's horrible to think of him essentially being brought out to be humiliated. Maybe it's a cultural thing, i dunno, I can very much see why incontrol was so pissed off.
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
December 04 2017 04:53 GMT
#425
On December 04 2017 13:50 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 13:42 LG)Sabbath wrote:
Btw maybe it's also a korea vs china rivalry thing going on here

I was wondering this as well, but this was really super disrespectful IMO, I think it was moreso b/c of China vs Korea than anything...

EDIT 1 : InControl looked super mad and it seemed pretty authentic, I can understand why if it was real. It was a really awesome cast, thanks for hosting it guys! Hope to see it again soon, I didn't realize that Larva was playing against all of the foreigners though? I thought it was just a showmatch between Legend and Larva lol, a given he'd win. =\

Yeah he played seriously against Draco but twice fooled around vs Lx
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
MymSlorm
Profile Joined May 2017
Chile187 Posts
December 04 2017 04:53 GMT
#426
that's why tournament usually are foreigner Only LOL xD
"There will always be a new generation of youth, they will be more beautiful, more vigorous, and they shall inspire greater hope for the future in the hearts of the living"
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
December 04 2017 04:55 GMT
#427
It seemed like an anti-Chinese thing more than anything else. Larva seemed nice to all the other players besides Lx. Or maybe there's some other beef we don't know about. Wonder what the Korean community is saying about this.
TL+ Member
AManHasNoName
Profile Joined September 2017
United States165 Posts
December 04 2017 04:56 GMT
#428
I enjoyed the antics. It was a bit BM, but it brought some entertainment to what would have otherwise been a very boring match. If a Korean is going to play in a tournament with foreigners, they have to make it interesting somehow.

It's hard to imagine Lx being particularly upset about it. Maybe a bit sheepish, but I'd imagine he can understand and laugh with it.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
December 04 2017 04:57 GMT
#429
Wowow Incontrol was so salty, he needs to cool down. After all he was joking around 2 days many hours non stop and he got offended by some moves (which are ten times better than his jokes).
sunbeams are never made like me...
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
December 04 2017 05:00 GMT
#430
On December 04 2017 13:23 Ganfei2 wrote:
I'm laughing at what I'm seeing, but Larva is being kind of a dick. Literally everyone knows that he's basically been given $10k for free by being invited to this event. Afaik, it's not like LX insulted Larva such that Larva feels he has to make some sort of statement. As a result, notwithstanding Larva's obvious personal enjoyment of the situation, I feel like his antics come across as more meanspirited than in good fun.


oh please, the skill gap is so big that larva felt this tournament was a joke to begin with. Not his fault he couldnt take anyone seriously. Seriously some players were d+ level and i am not even memeing
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ovi
Profile Joined April 2010
164 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 18:55:13
December 04 2017 05:01 GMT
#431
I respect Incontrol for showing his disapproval during the interview (and at times during the games), at least that is how I interpreted it. Like someone else wrote I don't think Larva had malicious intent, I just think he enjoys the attention and that he really thinks people like what he did. However, I think the display was over the top and really disrespectful.

I think Legend might have played worse after he noticed that he was getting BM'd this hard in the first game. I hope he is still happy with the money he earned from the tournament. After all, he finished second and beat out some pretty darn good players.
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
December 04 2017 05:04 GMT
#432
I used to like Larva but I hope he doesn't get invited to any more foreigner tournaments, what a jackass
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
December 04 2017 05:05 GMT
#433
On December 04 2017 14:00 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 13:23 Ganfei2 wrote:
I'm laughing at what I'm seeing, but Larva is being kind of a dick. Literally everyone knows that he's basically been given $10k for free by being invited to this event. Afaik, it's not like LX insulted Larva such that Larva feels he has to make some sort of statement. As a result, notwithstanding Larva's obvious personal enjoyment of the situation, I feel like his antics come across as more meanspirited than in good fun.


oh please, the skill gap is so big that larva felt this tournament was a joke to begin with. Not his fault he couldnt take anyone seriously. Seriously some players were d+ level and i am not even memeing


I mean, he was invited to a tournament where he was treated very well and basically being gifted prize money so I don't think it is too much to ask that he respect the event and its participants.
CognacLover
Profile Joined January 2016
Poland66 Posts
December 04 2017 05:05 GMT
#434
Imagine if FBH was invited instead of Larva. Imagine him doing that moves he did vs. Savior to Legend in front of him. Will you still say it's BM? C'mon, it's fucking ceremony, get over with it snowflakes.
Conservative olsdchooler.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 05:08 GMT
#435
Wow super disappointed in larva loved him in korea but mannn that was a real dick move. I mean your brought out for pretty much a free 10K at least dont be a complete dick about it. Hearing alot about it being an anti chinese thing reallly hope that isnt true because that would be some bullshit.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
December 04 2017 05:09 GMT
#436
On December 04 2017 14:05 CognacLover wrote:
Imagine if FBH was invited instead of Larva. Imagine him doing that moves he did vs. Savior to Legend in front of him. Will you still say it's BM? C'mon, it's fucking ceremony, get over with it snowflakes.

What fbh did to savior wasnt even close to this. Also he won the italian open and did his dance, it was funny.
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
wishbonesaka
Profile Joined June 2016
Canada117 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 05:10:32
December 04 2017 05:09 GMT
#437
I personally think it's okay. Look at nfl touch downs. Or goals on hockey where the whole team celebrating after a goal in front of enemy net, or when sports players just abuse their skill gab in a taunting way on live TV. It's just for fun. But. What I like is not always what you like*. So that is also true.
CognacLover
Profile Joined January 2016
Poland66 Posts
December 04 2017 05:10 GMT
#438
And he didn't do it vs. Legend on.purpose and there isn't any.Korea vs. China thing going on. Dude's just acting like McGregor. He made so many.puns on ASL (IIRC vs. Light, Shine, Effort) and in mid game he just standed up to perform ceremony on WEGL vs. Sea recently. This guy got balls to do it vs. anyone. He was even teasing FlaSh on group selection ceremony.
Conservative olsdchooler.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 05:12 GMT
#439
On December 04 2017 14:10 CognacLover wrote:
And he didn't do it vs. Legend on.purpose and there isn't any.Korea vs. China thing going on. Dude's just acting like McGregor. He made so many.puns on ASL (IIRC vs. Light, Shine, Effort) and in mid game he just standed up to perform ceremony on WEGL vs. Sea recently. This guy got balls to do it vs. anyone. He was even teasing FlaSh on group selection ceremony.

Dude there is a huge difference between doing a little boxing meme after a game and being a complete disrespectful ass during the finals of a tournament and you know it. And just because you do it all over the place doesnt make you less of an ass,
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 05:13 GMT
#440
On December 04 2017 14:09 wishbonesaka wrote:
I personally think it's okay. Look at nfl touch downs. Or goals on hockey where the whole team celebrating after a goal in front of enemy net, or when sports players just abuse their skill gab in a taunting way on live TV. It's just for fun. But. What I like is not always what you like*. So that is also true.

There is a huge difference in celebrating after a win or big score and openly taunting your opponent mid game.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12221
Rain 2252
Artosis 667
Dewaltoss 29
Bale 25
NaDa 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever501
NeuroSwarm222
League of Legends
Doublelift4944
Counter-Strike
taco 589
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1602
ArmadaUGS307
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1580
WinterStarcraft549
Other Games
summit1g9084
JimRising 615
PiGStarcraft394
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde171
ViBE118
ZombieGrub7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick851
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 45m
OSC
10h 45m
Stellar Fest
10h 45m
OSC
21h 45m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.