• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:43
CEST 02:43
KST 09:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8451 users

D Ranks Teamleague Season 6 - Page 23

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 37 Next All
JianG
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada48 Posts
July 12 2014 23:28 GMT
#441
ICCup Name: OopsiE[lol]
Race: Random
Max Rank: D+

I've actually been using all races... I'd like to use random unless its against rules then switch me back to protoss
JianG
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada48 Posts
July 12 2014 23:37 GMT
#442
I really want to play but I think... maybe is too late?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-13 00:02:01
July 13 2014 00:01 GMT
#443
I don't think it's too late. We could always use more players. We're (sb) low on numbers, but Takk could probably use a D+ in their ranks.

Race picking will be allowed, but if you pick to play a certain race on a given day, you must continue playing that race throughout the whole day. You will only be allowed to change your race for the next week. For the purposes of this league, random will not be allowed.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 13 2014 01:09 GMT
#444
On July 13 2014 02:09 Falling wrote:
There is a significant difference just on the mechanical level, that I think is much easier to reacquire when you reach C and higher. Sure you might not be competitive with C+ for a while, but you'll quickly stomp D's, hardly break stride with D-. Even C for several years ago (when Koreans were still playing on iccup?), if they actually start practicing, I think would quickly find themselves back in the upper echelons of D+, if not C-. That muscle memory WILL come back, where it never existed in the first place of the D.

ok, fair enough. I can stand behind that lol.

On July 13 2014 05:23 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2014 01:23 BigFan wrote:
On July 13 2014 01:13 L_Master wrote:
On July 12 2014 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On July 12 2014 13:23 amazingxkcd wrote:
On July 12 2014 11:32 AhAiHi wrote:
Hi. I would really like to join.

I am a D rank Terran. The highest I ever got to was C, but that was 4 years ago so I doubt i'm even remotely decent now.

I will join any team or whatever you want me to do. I just want to play.

Thank you ))


yea, you can't play since you hit C to begin with once...

why not put him against the best of DRTL, like the best D+ player. If he wins, he's likely better and quite possibly C- but at least he gets a chance to show his skill and L_Master can judge based on that? If that's against the rules though, don't go for it lol.

edit: I realize that there is a chance of him 'faking a loss' lol but would be nice to have more TL members playing DRTL (I realize the whole C rank thing was discussed to death before but its 4 years later now).


Unfortunately this is the exact reason we got to where we were before. Moreover$.former C players can get back into shape quickly. Some former C guys are legit D when they start back, but if they start being any level of serious they quickly jump back ahead of everybody else.

hmm you make a fair point. Only counterargument that comes to mind is that C from several years back is nowhere C now so I don't see how someone can make that huge jump without a ton of commitment to it (why can't a D player do the same then?). Given, I'm sure it's quite possible to do but your tourney, your rules lol.


Because D players are clueless relative to C players. All C players need to do is to refresh their knowledge and retrain their mechanics. D players never had the mechanics or knowledge..

Maybe imagining this would help: It's like a semi proficient Arabic speaker who hasn't spoken Arabic in 4 years vs someone who has never learnt much Arabic before. Who will be better after 10 hours of learning and practicing Arabic?

Is this a trick question? :O Do you really need an answer for that one? I'm pretty sure it's the former lol.

On July 13 2014 08:06 AhAiHi wrote:
it's okay BigFan. Thank you though.

I really want to play someone if anyone wants to play. Just for fun. Or maybe I can practice with some of the people in the tournaments. I just love playing the game I've PM'd but no takers.

np. You can add me on iccup: golden_phoenix. If I'm on, can always send me a message for a game. Aside from that, I found being able to make a game will get you a game rather quickly as long as its not after midnight est lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-13 05:30:12
July 13 2014 05:29 GMT
#445
On July 13 2014 10:09 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2014 02:09 Falling wrote:
There is a significant difference just on the mechanical level, that I think is much easier to reacquire when you reach C and higher. Sure you might not be competitive with C+ for a while, but you'll quickly stomp D's, hardly break stride with D-. Even C for several years ago (when Koreans were still playing on iccup?), if they actually start practicing, I think would quickly find themselves back in the upper echelons of D+, if not C-. That muscle memory WILL come back, where it never existed in the first place of the D.

ok, fair enough. I can stand behind that lol.

Show nested quote +
On July 13 2014 05:23 JieXian wrote:
On July 13 2014 01:23 BigFan wrote:
On July 13 2014 01:13 L_Master wrote:
On July 12 2014 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On July 12 2014 13:23 amazingxkcd wrote:
On July 12 2014 11:32 AhAiHi wrote:
Hi. I would really like to join.

I am a D rank Terran. The highest I ever got to was C, but that was 4 years ago so I doubt i'm even remotely decent now.

I will join any team or whatever you want me to do. I just want to play.

Thank you ))


yea, you can't play since you hit C to begin with once...

why not put him against the best of DRTL, like the best D+ player. If he wins, he's likely better and quite possibly C- but at least he gets a chance to show his skill and L_Master can judge based on that? If that's against the rules though, don't go for it lol.

edit: I realize that there is a chance of him 'faking a loss' lol but would be nice to have more TL members playing DRTL (I realize the whole C rank thing was discussed to death before but its 4 years later now).


Unfortunately this is the exact reason we got to where we were before. Moreover$.former C players can get back into shape quickly. Some former C guys are legit D when they start back, but if they start being any level of serious they quickly jump back ahead of everybody else.

hmm you make a fair point. Only counterargument that comes to mind is that C from several years back is nowhere C now so I don't see how someone can make that huge jump without a ton of commitment to it (why can't a D player do the same then?). Given, I'm sure it's quite possible to do but your tourney, your rules lol.


Because D players are clueless relative to C players. All C players need to do is to refresh their knowledge and retrain their mechanics. D players never had the mechanics or knowledge..

Maybe imagining this would help: It's like a semi proficient Arabic speaker who hasn't spoken Arabic in 4 years vs someone who has never learnt much Arabic before. Who will be better after 10 hours of learning and practicing Arabic?

Is this a trick question? :O Do you really need an answer for that one? I'm pretty sure it's the former lol.


hahhaha so -----> The former Arabic speaker is the former C player and the latter Arabic speaker is the D player

geddit geddit?
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 13 2014 06:53 GMT
#446
On July 13 2014 14:29 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2014 10:09 BigFan wrote:
On July 13 2014 02:09 Falling wrote:
There is a significant difference just on the mechanical level, that I think is much easier to reacquire when you reach C and higher. Sure you might not be competitive with C+ for a while, but you'll quickly stomp D's, hardly break stride with D-. Even C for several years ago (when Koreans were still playing on iccup?), if they actually start practicing, I think would quickly find themselves back in the upper echelons of D+, if not C-. That muscle memory WILL come back, where it never existed in the first place of the D.

ok, fair enough. I can stand behind that lol.

On July 13 2014 05:23 JieXian wrote:
On July 13 2014 01:23 BigFan wrote:
On July 13 2014 01:13 L_Master wrote:
On July 12 2014 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On July 12 2014 13:23 amazingxkcd wrote:
On July 12 2014 11:32 AhAiHi wrote:
Hi. I would really like to join.

I am a D rank Terran. The highest I ever got to was C, but that was 4 years ago so I doubt i'm even remotely decent now.

I will join any team or whatever you want me to do. I just want to play.

Thank you ))


yea, you can't play since you hit C to begin with once...

why not put him against the best of DRTL, like the best D+ player. If he wins, he's likely better and quite possibly C- but at least he gets a chance to show his skill and L_Master can judge based on that? If that's against the rules though, don't go for it lol.

edit: I realize that there is a chance of him 'faking a loss' lol but would be nice to have more TL members playing DRTL (I realize the whole C rank thing was discussed to death before but its 4 years later now).


Unfortunately this is the exact reason we got to where we were before. Moreover$.former C players can get back into shape quickly. Some former C guys are legit D when they start back, but if they start being any level of serious they quickly jump back ahead of everybody else.

hmm you make a fair point. Only counterargument that comes to mind is that C from several years back is nowhere C now so I don't see how someone can make that huge jump without a ton of commitment to it (why can't a D player do the same then?). Given, I'm sure it's quite possible to do but your tourney, your rules lol.


Because D players are clueless relative to C players. All C players need to do is to refresh their knowledge and retrain their mechanics. D players never had the mechanics or knowledge..

Maybe imagining this would help: It's like a semi proficient Arabic speaker who hasn't spoken Arabic in 4 years vs someone who has never learnt much Arabic before. Who will be better after 10 hours of learning and practicing Arabic?

Is this a trick question? :O Do you really need an answer for that one? I'm pretty sure it's the former lol.


hahhaha so -----> The former Arabic speaker is the former C player and the latter Arabic speaker is the D player

geddit geddit?

lol. I geddit! I geddit! XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
HappyBunnyTime
Profile Joined November 2012
United States51 Posts
July 13 2014 06:54 GMT
#447
Will Need a P till Tuesday , alot going on .
o3o/
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
July 13 2014 07:29 GMT
#448
Would be nice if you could indicate that in advance of Saturday.
But anyways, Wednesday would work for you?
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
July 13 2014 16:13 GMT
#449
On July 13 2014 15:54 HappyBunnyTime wrote:
Will Need a P till Tuesday , alot going on .


This post made me think of "I need a hero" by Bonnie Tyler just with hero replace with P.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
JianG
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada48 Posts
July 13 2014 22:41 GMT
#450
so who do I contact or where do I go to play or join a team?
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-13 23:04:28
July 13 2014 22:50 GMT
#451
On July 13 2014 08:28 JianG wrote:
ICCup Name: OopsiE[lol]
Race: Random
Max Rank: D+

I've actually been using all races... I'd like to use random unless its against rules then switch me back to protoss


????
No players that have hit C- or above at any point will be allowed.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-13 23:01:07
July 13 2014 22:58 GMT
#452
*snip
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
July 13 2014 23:13 GMT
#453
On July 13 2014 08:28 JianG wrote:
ICCup Name: OopsiE[lol]
Race: Random
Max Rank: D+

I've actually been using all races... I'd like to use random unless its against rules then switch me back to protoss


I knew a JianG from Canada who was like B(+?) iCCup.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
phamchienthang[V]
Profile Joined December 2012
Vietnam44 Posts
July 14 2014 04:11 GMT
#454
Still no message from colonbruise.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
July 14 2014 17:37 GMT
#455
I'll be on vacation all this week with very limited net, so just exchange lineups. I'll be having someone from TAKK do our lineps for this week in place of me
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
July 15 2014 20:32 GMT
#456
GGs.
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
July 15 2014 23:33 GMT
#457
I'm in OP DRTL xkcd, sorry I don't have your in game id so I can't contact you in game x_x
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
July 16 2014 00:20 GMT
#458
On July 16 2014 08:33 Qikz wrote:
I'm in OP DRTL xkcd, sorry I don't have your in game id so I can't contact you in game x_x


we all gucci mane
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-16 00:55:18
July 16 2014 00:51 GMT
#459
Progress for this week:

+ Show Spoiler [DeSPA vs AFK] +
it.abyssal <Jade> jello
floladriblere<Aztec> IT.Deuce
xkcd <Mist> Qikz
whaski <Circuit Breaker> BisuDagger
iway <Destination> Reuntal


Out of interest, is anyone going to cast the games for this other than LMaster since he's busy? There's like 3 weeks to catch up on :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
July 16 2014 02:01 GMT
#460
I'll probably try and do some casting here and there. I can't do anything this week, though
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft348
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft348
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2055
Artosis 629
Shuttle 539
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox504
Other Games
summit1g8348
shahzam600
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0280
Maynarde140
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick976
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 17m
Stellar Fest
12h 17m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.