• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11947 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33 34 Next All
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
March 22 2012 06:12 GMT
#81
Playing within the group is being way too emphasized. The lack of foresight is, well, bothering. There will only be 28 players qualifying, out of 500 active C rank players. This league is set up right to have ample signups, and seems to have the exposure necessary to prevent a lack of playing. Chill out, drink a beer, make an iCCup account, join the team, hope you make it into the 5-7% of players who sign up that qualify, no?
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Modesty00
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria263 Posts
March 22 2012 07:24 GMT
#82
The problem is people can smurf and play in this tour. (B/A ranks) And then... everything fail a part.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 22 2012 07:53 GMT
#83
On March 22 2012 16:24 Modesty00 wrote:
The problem is people can smurf and play in this tour. (B/A ranks) And then... everything fail a part.


There are precautions regarding this, I don't understand why people are so worried about this...
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
CfgosCuba
Profile Joined February 2010
Cuba94 Posts
March 22 2012 08:22 GMT
#84
cool!
I'll sign up
http://www.twitch.tv/cfgoscuba c terran hwaiting.. sc2 too ez, 4 days playing and Im already platinun..wtf.. fuck sc2. I uninstalled it.. www.youtube.com/user/cfgoscuba2
Modesty00
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria263 Posts
March 22 2012 09:47 GMT
#85
On March 22 2012 16:53 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 16:24 Modesty00 wrote:
The problem is people can smurf and play in this tour. (B/A ranks) And then... everything fail a part.


There are precautions regarding this, I don't understand why people are so worried about this...

Can you tell what it is? Tracking Ip seeing all the acc and then if some season they are B ranks - baning them? I think this is the best solution.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 22 2012 10:16 GMT
#86
On March 22 2012 18:47 Modesty00 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 16:53 Shotcoder wrote:
On March 22 2012 16:24 Modesty00 wrote:
The problem is people can smurf and play in this tour. (B/A ranks) And then... everything fail a part.


There are precautions regarding this, I don't understand why people are so worried about this...

Can you tell what it is? Tracking Ip seeing all the acc and then if some season they are B ranks - baning them? I think this is the best solution.


I'm not going to reveal Counter abuse methods. We have multiple ways of checking.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
March 22 2012 11:03 GMT
#87
On March 22 2012 18:47 Modesty00 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 16:53 Shotcoder wrote:
On March 22 2012 16:24 Modesty00 wrote:
The problem is people can smurf and play in this tour. (B/A ranks) And then... everything fail a part.


There are precautions regarding this, I don't understand why people are so worried about this...

Can you tell what it is? Tracking Ip seeing all the acc and then if some season they are B ranks - baning them? I think this is the best solution.

Nice try man ):
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
March 22 2012 12:57 GMT
#88
This is awesome! Thanks so much for organising this tournament!
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 13:40 GMT
#89
On March 22 2012 15:05 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 14:14 fold wrote:
Why can't it be you just ladder against anyone then the top 28 get through? If it's only against other people on the team then it might be hard to get games if you don't live in the same time zone.

What happens if you ladder to B- while beating C~ rank people?

I feel like the latter issue is solved by the in-team ladder system as I find it hard to believe that anyone will get to B- during the short time of the ladder play. The in-team system is good because it prevents people from farming D rank players, for example.

Shimy addressed your latter issue as well, saying that it wouldn't be ridiculous to hit B- because you're only playing C- to C+ rank players in the league, if you're the best C ranked player IN THE TEAM it's only natural that you can hit B- with the limited selection of opponents.

Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 14:54 GGzerG wrote:
Won't this be a little difficult to play only the people on the same team?? What if you play at late hours at night and no one is online?...I guess you have to Sync the time you play with everyone else to ensure you make it past the ladder stages? :-P Not complaining just very curious, as I have never seen any thing like this before. ( in the sense we are allowed to only play people on the same team)


Like I said before, you can ask people to arrange games ahead of time if you're having trouble. Also, if EVERYONE is having trouble playing games, then the competition will be very close for the top 28, and I imagine that would spur people to play more. I don't think finding games will be that great of an issue though, as the money incentive should net enough people for there to be a decent amount of participants. There are likely to be many people from many different timezones as well.


Usual Jealous. Being a baws and answering all my questions for me :D Thank you, kind sir

If people are still worried about the ladder, don't be. The amount of signups we have receive indicates that this should be a very full tournament o.o
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
SouthPark
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland143 Posts
March 22 2012 14:05 GMT
#90
can i play this event?
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 14:06 GMT
#91
On March 22 2012 23:05 SouthPark wrote:
can i play this event?


http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/ISL2.SouthPark.html Being that you are above the rank of C+, no. I'm sorry lol
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
lastshadow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1372 Posts
March 22 2012 14:12 GMT
#92
I haven't played sc1 in 2.5 years, am I allowed to play if I come on ?
Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 14:16 GMT
#93
On March 22 2012 23:12 lastshadow wrote:
I haven't played sc1 in 2.5 years, am I allowed to play if I come on ?


That depends, have you ever in your whole playing time been above the rank of C+? If so, no. It's for the max achieved rank of C-,C, C+. Everyone can ask themselves if they've ever been above C+. If you have, then this tournament is not for you.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
lastshadow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1372 Posts
March 22 2012 14:23 GMT
#94
I was, but that's still 2.5 years ago !
Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 14:28 GMT
#95
On March 22 2012 23:23 lastshadow wrote:
I was, but that's still 2.5 years ago !


o.o I know a few people that have been inactive and were able to achieve their pre-SC2 glory days. I just want things to be fair and that's why the rules state: Your max achieved rank. I apologize, but thank you for your interest.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
March 22 2012 14:49 GMT
#96
On March 22 2012 23:23 lastshadow wrote:
I was, but that's still 2.5 years ago !

Your insane macro and sick timing senses are too strong for this tournament I'm afraid ):
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
March 22 2012 18:14 GMT
#97
So yeah, I think I just found someone who broke rule nr 13, cus he had not qualms about playing vs me (on my (OD) account).
He lost but yeah, scumbag rulebreaker called ASL-Goku, peruvian terran

Idk where else to report rule breakers

+ Show Spoiler +
I haven't bad consciusness about playing him even though I know it'd screw him over, I told him in pregame chat that he wasn't allowed and still started the game after I didn't leave, I'd hate to backseat moderate someone elses tourny but yeah, tell me if you want the replay
In the woods, there lurks..
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
March 22 2012 18:27 GMT
#98
On March 23 2012 03:14 Iplaythings wrote:
So yeah, I think I just found someone who broke rule nr 13, cus he had not qualms about playing vs me (on my (OD) account).
He lost but yeah, scumbag rulebreaker called ASL-Goku, peruvian terran

Idk where else to report rule breakers

+ Show Spoiler +
I haven't bad consciusness about playing him even though I know it'd screw him over, I told him in pregame chat that he wasn't allowed and still started the game after I didn't leave, I'd hate to backseat moderate someone elses tourny but yeah, tell me if you want the replay


I believe this man was using his account from Ansadi Star League from quite a long time ago so I imagine he was pretty confused when you told him he was breaking the rules!
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
March 22 2012 18:42 GMT
#99
--- Nuked ---
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
March 22 2012 18:55 GMT
#100
On March 23 2012 03:42 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 15:05 dM-White wrote:
@krndandaman i didnt at all... a friend gived me that b- if you see my records i never was b- again .. xD! cuz i dont have the lvl of a b- im about C/C =(


And how will you prove that?
Also the amount of b/a people asking to get in the tournament is slightly disappointing... you guys have so many more cash tournaments than we do (none).

iCCup admins can check transfer logs.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech82
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1138
Bisu 916
Hyuk 841
Larva 628
Leta 168
Sexy 135
Zeus 117
EffOrt 112
PianO 94
Soma 94
[ Show more ]
Mini 93
Pusan 65
ZerO 43
Killer 41
Last 38
ToSsGirL 35
sorry 32
Bale 26
Hm[arnc] 23
Trap 20
yabsab 18
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe434
XaKoH 312
League of Legends
JimRising 320
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
Other Games
gofns31922
singsing1660
crisheroes214
OGKoka 197
Mew2King138
ArmadaUGS58
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• LUISG 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Jankos1333
• Stunt909
Upcoming Events
Online Event
43m
FEL
5h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 43m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.