• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9854 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33 34 Next All
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
March 22 2012 00:56 GMT
#61
On March 22 2012 05:42 Shimy wrote:

We are, like you said, checking IP's and such. We're completely prepared if someone were to try and smurf the tournament like S(c)nipin_pandA


QFT.
Amazing initiative, gogo underdogs!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Archaeo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States397 Posts
March 22 2012 01:34 GMT
#62
Oh man so freaking awesome!
Yo my chingu!!!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
March 22 2012 01:54 GMT
#63
On March 22 2012 09:20 Shimy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 09:06 Jealous wrote:
On March 22 2012 08:40 ZuCrow wrote:
On March 22 2012 08:11 Shimy wrote:
On March 22 2012 06:53 Choosy wrote:
hmm so i cant play there? with offrace too? ((

I'm afraid not. You gosu players have a massive advantage with your mechanics and game sense. I'm a big fan of yours though ^^

On March 22 2012 06:58 ZuCrow wrote:
well this sucks i can't even qualify even if i wanted too...


+ Show Spoiler +
i think


Why is that? It's as easy as signing up and laddering :D I really hope you join!


probably because i have to play people within the group and i highly doubt that alot of them can make. in addition if i make it to the group stages if my opponent can't host then im pretty much screw cause i have weird net problems that doesn't allow me to have 2+ player in a game.

i tried using hamachi or garena with some help and was successful in having 2+ player and even hosting but highly doubtful we will be using that method.

so if you can find a for me to play then great but if not then it will just be one less player in this event.

I'm guessing you've tried both lat tricks before?


Even Jealous here is willing to play a Bo12 with someone and he can host :D

Sneaky bastard. I guess I deserve it );
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
March 22 2012 01:59 GMT
#64
On March 22 2012 09:50 Letalis wrote:
So I have to register a new acc. and join the team. OK. But how am I supposed to find players from the team to play ladder games with? There are so few players these days anyway. I just don't get it.

Other than that, C rank players are pretty consistent in their ladder performance. I'll always get to C/C+ and that's it. What's the point of the ladder stage in a C rank players tournament?

I like the idea and I love what you are trying to do, I'm just not sure that's the right way to do it. I'll probably join and take part in the action. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will all be great

/c o

/c m 1v1 BoX gogo?

Play games.

If there are a decent amount of players it shouldn't be hard to find games. If it is, message people in the thread and set up game times if you have to. Also, if it is hard to find opponents, I am sure it will be hard for everyone else; therefore, closer margins for success for anyone! It'll be neck-to-neck and that will make people more eager to play games.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
ajmbek
Profile Joined November 2008
Italy460 Posts
March 22 2012 02:02 GMT
#65
So:
I can host and i am definitlly going to Play it (:

I hope maps will be new and oriented to PSL

I only fear finding a game i am laddering mostly before 13 cet and there is really low players, if there will be usa players they will start laddering at 21-24 cet witch is really late for me
Sic iter ad astra
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
March 22 2012 02:24 GMT
#66
On March 22 2012 11:02 ajmbek wrote:
So:
I can host and i am definitlly going to Play it (:

I hope maps will be new and oriented to PSL

I only fear finding a game i am laddering mostly before 13 cet and there is really low players, if there will be usa players they will start laddering at 21-24 cet witch is really late for me

I see you on often, I will try to regain some honor by beating you (: (sGs.BaBo here)
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 02:45 GMT
#67
On March 22 2012 11:24 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 11:02 ajmbek wrote:
So:
I can host and i am definitlly going to Play it (:

I hope maps will be new and oriented to PSL

I only fear finding a game i am laddering mostly before 13 cet and there is really low players, if there will be usa players they will start laddering at 21-24 cet witch is really late for me

I see you on often, I will try to regain some honor by beating you (: (sGs.BaBo here)

I'll play you guys if people don't give me beef about being D Rank
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
March 22 2012 02:51 GMT
#68
--- Nuked ---
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
March 22 2012 02:53 GMT
#69
On March 22 2012 11:51 krndandaman wrote:
kk thanks for the quick answers shimy ^^

Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 08:40 ZuCrow wrote:
On March 22 2012 08:11 Shimy wrote:
On March 22 2012 06:53 Choosy wrote:
hmm so i cant play there? with offrace too? ((

I'm afraid not. You gosu players have a massive advantage with your mechanics and game sense. I'm a big fan of yours though ^^

On March 22 2012 06:58 ZuCrow wrote:
well this sucks i can't even qualify even if i wanted too...


+ Show Spoiler +
i think


Why is that? It's as easy as signing up and laddering :D I really hope you join!


probably because i have to play people within the group and i highly doubt that alot of them can make. in addition if i make it to the group stages if my opponent can't host then im pretty much screw cause i have weird net problems that doesn't allow me to have 2+ player in a game.

i tried using hamachi or garena with some help and was successful in having 2+ player and even hosting but highly doubtful we will be using that method.

so if you can find a for me to play then great but if not then it will just be one less player in this event.


i have the same problem as you and i managed to get through the whole tourny previously.
players can just do hamachi in the later stages and there are more people who can host than not.

and i might make an account and ladder to give people some games and take off points muahaha ^^


I do encourage the invitees to play the ladder! It will be fun and give players someone to play :D
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
March 22 2012 03:03 GMT
#70
Is any player who doesn't have an iCCup account that's been at a rank of B- or higher elligible to play in this?
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 03:20:22
March 22 2012 03:12 GMT
#71
On March 22 2012 12:03 tryummm wrote:
Is any player who doesn't have an iCCup account that's been at a rank of B- or higher elligible to play in this?

oops I read that wrong! If you aren't above C+ or below C-, by all means please sign up :D
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
March 22 2012 04:32 GMT
#72
I would do this but the ee han anti timing lines up right with last few weeks of semester/exams in april (assuming if I could even do anything past ladder stages).
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
March 22 2012 04:32 GMT
#73
wait for saturday then, i am sure theres atleast 30 player who join and just wait for team notification O_O who is joining game you pm them for game..
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
dM-White
Profile Joined February 2007
Chile344 Posts
March 22 2012 05:13 GMT
#74
i wanna participate.. oo
Op dM- @West || http://DisturbedMind.net || https://discord.gg/ePERqJp
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 05:20:02
March 22 2012 05:14 GMT
#75
Why can't it be you just ladder against anyone then the top 28 get through? If it's only against other people on the team then it might be hard to get games if you don't live in the same time zone.

What happens if you ladder to B- while beating C~ rank people?
t.t
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
March 22 2012 05:34 GMT
#76
--- Nuked ---
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10864 Posts
March 22 2012 05:54 GMT
#77
Won't this be a little difficult to play only the people on the same team?? What if you play at late hours at night and no one is online?...I guess you have to Sync the time you play with everyone else to ensure you make it past the ladder stages? :-P Not complaining just very curious, as I have never seen any thing like this before. ( in the sense we are allowed to only play people on the same team)
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
dM-White
Profile Joined February 2007
Chile344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 06:06:24
March 22 2012 06:05 GMT
#78
@krndandaman i didnt at all... a friend gived me that b- if you see my records i never was b- again .. xD! cuz i dont have the lvl of a b- im about C/C =(
Op dM- @West || http://DisturbedMind.net || https://discord.gg/ePERqJp
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 06:07:45
March 22 2012 06:05 GMT
#79
On March 22 2012 14:14 fold wrote:
Why can't it be you just ladder against anyone then the top 28 get through? If it's only against other people on the team then it might be hard to get games if you don't live in the same time zone.

What happens if you ladder to B- while beating C~ rank people?

I feel like the latter issue is solved by the in-team ladder system as I find it hard to believe that anyone will get to B- during the short time of the ladder play. The in-team system is good because it prevents people from farming D rank players, for example.

Shimy addressed your latter issue as well, saying that it wouldn't be ridiculous to hit B- because you're only playing C- to C+ rank players in the league, if you're the best C ranked player IN THE TEAM it's only natural that you can hit B- with the limited selection of opponents.

On March 22 2012 14:54 GGzerG wrote:
Won't this be a little difficult to play only the people on the same team?? What if you play at late hours at night and no one is online?...I guess you have to Sync the time you play with everyone else to ensure you make it past the ladder stages? :-P Not complaining just very curious, as I have never seen any thing like this before. ( in the sense we are allowed to only play people on the same team)


Like I said before, you can ask people to arrange games ahead of time if you're having trouble. Also, if EVERYONE is having trouble playing games, then the competition will be very close for the top 28, and I imagine that would spur people to play more. I don't think finding games will be that great of an issue though, as the money incentive should net enough people for there to be a decent amount of participants. There are likely to be many people from many different timezones as well.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
March 22 2012 06:11 GMT
#80
so a TSL league for C ranks where the ladder ONlY involves for the same tournament?

Hell yes, awesome initiative
In the woods, there lurks..
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft543
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft543
WinterStarcraft348
RuFF_SC2 136
PiLiPiLi 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1101
White-Ra 190
Noble 71
Hyuk 53
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5190
Counter-Strike
taco 636
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox643
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor682
Other Games
summit1g8927
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0311
ViBE58
Mew2King40
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21439
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 45m
Online Event
8h 45m
FEL
13h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.