• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:08
CEST 08:08
KST 15:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9153 users

NoisE's Amateur StarLeague - Page 33

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 Next All
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 22 2012 19:29 GMT
#641
--- Nuked ---
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
April 22 2012 19:44 GMT
#642
so wands, you are like b- level now after this!
ZeKk
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sweden320 Posts
April 22 2012 20:16 GMT
#643
It said in the front page that the top 28 players of the ladder will be qualifed. But in total there is 32 players. Since 4 of them already qualifed also took part in the qualification. Having this in mind I didnt think they would actually take part in the qualification. Why does qualifed players take place in a qualification? I dont get it.

When I first read this I especially put this on my mind "28 players of the Ladder will qualify for the group play." You didnt mention that the 4 premature qualifed players would also play in the qualification. this would lead one to think that these players would attend at the group play not in the ladder stage.

So I thought all this time that the top 28 players would qualify not having in mind the 4 premature qualifed players were in it. I was in the qualification span (#31) yesterday and I tried my best to end up atleast top 28, when in truth I might not would had to try, seeing as all the 32 players are already in it. But Instead I lose alot of games, chasing a ghost.
It wouldn't had made a huge diffrence if I made it anyway since I would probably die in the group stage.
But right should be right. The information was a bit unclear and misleading. Sure I could have looked closer to notice they were actually taking part in this tour.

Now I need to admit I have ADD, among one of the symptoms is I can have a hard time precive information unless it's pretty clear. I'd just wished u could have been clearer about this and explain this better for instance "the top 28 players will qualify of the ladder, including the 4 invites players so that means u need to end up atleast at #32 to be able to qualify for the group stage"

I hope u understand what im saying.

I also want to thank everyone who was inovled in this tour in one or another way. I've increased my knowledge. Thanks!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 20:22:37
April 22 2012 20:22 GMT
#644
On April 23 2012 05:16 ZeKk wrote:
It said in the front page that the top 28 players of the ladder will be qualifed. But in total there is 32 players. Since 4 of them already qualifed also took part in the qualification. Having this in mind I didnt think they would actually take part in the qualification. Why does qualifed players take place in a qualification? I dont get it.

When I first read this I especially put this on my mind "28 players of the Ladder will qualify for the group play." You didnt mention that the 4 premature qualifed players would also play in the qualification. this would lead one to think that these players would attend at the group play not in the ladder stage.

So I thought all this time that the top 28 players would qualify not having in mind the 4 premature qualifed players were in it. I was in the qualification span (#31) yesterday and I tried my best to end up atleast top 28, when in truth I might not would had to try, seeing as all the 32 players are already in it. But Instead I lose alot of games, chasing a ghost.
It wouldn't had made a huge diffrence if I made it anyway since I would probably die in the group stage.
But right should be right. The information was a bit unclear and misleading. Sure I could have looked closer to notice they were actually taking part in this tour.

Now I need to admit I have ADD, among one of the symptoms is I can have a hard time precive information unless it's pretty clear. I'd just wished u could have been clearer about this and explain this better for instance "the top 28 players will qualify of the ladder, including the 4 invites players so that means u need to end up atleast at #32 to be able to qualify for the group stage"

I hope u understand what im saying.

I also want to thank everyone who was inovled in this tour in one or another way. I've increased my knowledge. Thanks!

Hmmm, Yeah... I mean, I did what I could to inform everyone and what not, I also said in the thread that if you're close, don't give up for this very reason (Also in case of disqualifications).
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
April 22 2012 21:02 GMT
#645
--- Nuked ---
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
April 22 2012 22:00 GMT
#646
^ To add to this, it was mentioned before in the thread which is admittedly quite long ^^
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
ZeKk
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sweden320 Posts
April 22 2012 22:20 GMT
#647
On April 23 2012 06:02 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:16 ZeKk wrote:
It said in the front page that the top 28 players of the ladder will be qualifed. But in total there is 32 players. Since 4 of them already qualifed also took part in the qualification. Having this in mind I didnt think they would actually take part in the qualification. Why does qualifed players take place in a qualification? I dont get it.

When I first read this I especially put this on my mind "28 players of the Ladder will qualify for the group play." You didnt mention that the 4 premature qualifed players would also play in the qualification. this would lead one to think that these players would attend at the group play not in the ladder stage.

So I thought all this time that the top 28 players would qualify not having in mind the 4 premature qualifed players were in it. I was in the qualification span (#31) yesterday and I tried my best to end up atleast top 28, when in truth I might not would had to try, seeing as all the 32 players are already in it. But Instead I lose alot of games, chasing a ghost.
It wouldn't had made a huge diffrence if I made it anyway since I would probably die in the group stage.
But right should be right. The information was a bit unclear and misleading. Sure I could have looked closer to notice they were actually taking part in this tour.

Now I need to admit I have ADD, among one of the symptoms is I can have a hard time precive information unless it's pretty clear. I'd just wished u could have been clearer about this and explain this better for instance "the top 28 players will qualify of the ladder, including the 4 invites players so that means u need to end up atleast at #32 to be able to qualify for the group stage"

I hope u understand what im saying.

I also want to thank everyone who was inovled in this tour in one or another way. I've increased my knowledge. Thanks!


actually, it was pretty clear imo and right now you're using hindsight bias seeing how you would've had no idea whether someone would rise in ranks past you or not while you sit at #31 (you're on the border of qualification). for example, I gained around 1000 points yesterday and MarkM gained around 800 points in the span of like 2-3 hours. you have no idea what can happen.

its unfortunate that there was a misunderstanding, but i think the staff did its job to convey the rules to us


Im just telling how I precived it. Im sure they did thier best. Im not rly dissaponited I didn't qualified I want to give some constructive criticism and I just gave an example of what could happen, since this happend to me, even if it's a poor one. I realise things could change fast, yes. Im not a fool.
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
April 22 2012 22:44 GMT
#648
On April 23 2012 00:38 w7s wrote:
Thanks NoisE and dsyxelic - much appreciated! I learned a whole lot from playing against both of you. Also a big thanks to Wallace and AleC who were available to play a lot of games against me on the last couple of days. Wallace ~ I'll buy you that beer you want so bad if you come all the way here to see me in Canada. And lastly I'd like to thank everyone who played me during the whole ladder stage - I gained a lot of knowledge, but at the same time had a lot of fun. Hopefully I can ride on this knowledge and put on a good showing in the later stages.


GG's mate, I have to say you were the manliest and gosuest opponent I played against in this league. Well deserved 1st spot, hope we meet at the final if I am up to the challenge. Though I hate almost everyone that qualified, good luck in the group stages. At least nobody will be able to dodge there, prepeah yo skillz!
music is the best thing in the world
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
April 22 2012 23:19 GMT
#649
On April 23 2012 00:38 w7s wrote:
Thanks NoisE and dsyxelic - much appreciated! I learned a whole lot from playing against both of you. Also a big thanks to Wallace and AleC who were available to play a lot of games against me on the last couple of days. Wallace ~ I'll buy you that beer you want so bad if you come all the way here to see me in Canada. And lastly I'd like to thank everyone who played me during the whole ladder stage - I gained a lot of knowledge, but at the same time had a lot of fun. Hopefully I can ride on this knowledge and put on a good showing in the later stages.

Thanks for giving me that win, sorry I couldn't make the most of it ):
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
action(OD)
Profile Joined February 2012
United States68 Posts
April 23 2012 03:26 GMT
#650
how many terrans/toss/zerg going into the group stages?
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 23 2012 04:32 GMT
#651
On April 23 2012 12:26 action(OD) wrote:
how many terrans/toss/zerg going into the group stages?

This statistic has not yet been calculated, I'd do it now, but I have to get to sleep. So it'll just get released with the rest of the group stage. You can check the iCCup team if you'd like to know sooner.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
action(OD)
Profile Joined February 2012
United States68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 07:28:58
April 23 2012 07:28 GMT
#652
Haha I'm really lazy sooo!!!

Poll: What are your races? (for the people entering the ASL group stages)

Protoss (8)
 
53%

Terran (4)
 
27%

Zerg (3)
 
20%

15 total votes

Your vote: What are your races? (for the people entering the ASL group stages)

(Vote): Terran
(Vote): Zerg
(Vote): Protoss


Good Luck and Have Fun!
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
April 23 2012 11:01 GMT
#653
On April 23 2012 12:26 action(OD) wrote:
how many terrans/toss/zerg going into the group stages?


I'd say something like 75% P, 15% T and 10% Z. At least that was my experience playing the last few days.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
April 23 2012 12:18 GMT
#654
On April 23 2012 20:01 quirinus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 12:26 action(OD) wrote:
how many terrans/toss/zerg going into the group stages?


I'd say something like 75% P, 15% T and 10% Z. At least that was my experience playing the last few days.


And why are you participating in this league ? EXPLAIN!
music is the best thing in the world
Mewka
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland1458 Posts
April 23 2012 12:47 GMT
#655
Dsaqwe was laddering on his account I heard. He told that before he even went into this starleague.
Mewka, Mewka[AoV], Fox.Mewka, Mewman
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 13:21:07
April 23 2012 13:19 GMT
#656
On April 23 2012 21:47 Mewka wrote:
Dsaqwe was laddering on his account I heard. He told that before he even went into this starleague.


Cool story, how are we ever going to know it is not dsaqwe being a jerk and going in for the money ? I personally don't buy that. Hope Shimmy knows what he is doing by letting him play.

Edit: Now I saw he is playing Zerg, but I still have doubts about him.
music is the best thing in the world
Mewka
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland1458 Posts
April 23 2012 13:51 GMT
#657
I didn't say I believe in it, I am not sure, but that what he said .
Mewka, Mewka[AoV], Fox.Mewka, Mewman
LRM-INFECTED
Profile Joined April 2012
Bulgaria16 Posts
April 23 2012 13:58 GMT
#658
@Quirinus , how u dare to talk , u reach B in season 19 + Show Spoiler +
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/bmk.quirinus.html
U need to be punished for , @Eywa- take care about this.

Beside this idiot , i wanna say that Bulgarian flag is gonna be on top , gl to all Bulgarians , Wallace , LETALIS (my big homo love) Icotuza , Hardi and Toka. U got it guys , make Bulgaria be proud of u !
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
April 23 2012 14:28 GMT
#659
On April 23 2012 07:44 BulgarianToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 00:38 w7s wrote:
Thanks NoisE and dsyxelic - much appreciated! I learned a whole lot from playing against both of you. Also a big thanks to Wallace and AleC who were available to play a lot of games against me on the last couple of days. Wallace ~ I'll buy you that beer you want so bad if you come all the way here to see me in Canada. And lastly I'd like to thank everyone who played me during the whole ladder stage - I gained a lot of knowledge, but at the same time had a lot of fun. Hopefully I can ride on this knowledge and put on a good showing in the later stages.


GG's mate, I have to say you were the manliest and gosuest opponent I played against in this league. Well deserved 1st spot, hope we meet at the final if I am up to the challenge. Though I hate almost everyone that qualified, good luck in the group stages. At least nobody will be able to dodge there, prepeah yo skillz!


I love you WallFAT!

Sincerely,
Probe

1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
ajmbek
Profile Joined November 2008
Italy460 Posts
April 23 2012 16:47 GMT
#660
On April 23 2012 22:58 LRM-INFECTED wrote:
@Quirinus , how u dare to talk , u reach B in season 19 + Show Spoiler +
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/bmk.quirinus.html
U need to be punished for , @Eywa- take care about this.

Beside this idiot , i wanna say that Bulgarian flag is gonna be on top , gl to all Bulgarians , Wallace , LETALIS (my big homo love) Icotuza , Hardi and Toka. U got it guys , make Bulgaria be proud of u !



omg how much hate speach from stupid people. It has been said in this topic, in crtl topic, in team chat, the B has not been gain by him

stop trash talk if you have not idea what are you speaking about
Sic iter ad astra
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft657
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 623
Stork 278
ggaemo 251
Leta 162
PianO 58
Hyuk 31
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Reynor47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King208
Westballz40
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor656
Other Games
summit1g8689
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0303
PiGStarcraft189
Sick141
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2225
League of Legends
• Lourlo1248
• Stunt463
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 52m
Online Event
4h 52m
FEL
9h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.