• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

D Ranks Teamleague - Page 15

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 38 Next All
roflcopta
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-21 21:42:19
November 21 2011 21:40 GMT
#281
Rank: D/D+
ICCUP account: http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/roflcopta.html
Race: P

hey if you can since every team is officially on 8 members, can you put me on a team that won their first round and is maybe lacking protoss or terran power, and i think that would be awesome thx
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 21 2011 22:25 GMT
#282
I was thinking, wouldn't it be a good thing to use the current PL format with no ace game? I think that goes really nicely with the concept of this league, and it allows one more dude to get into the line-up each week.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
November 22 2011 04:53 GMT
#283
On November 22 2011 01:52 CobaltBlu wrote:
I updated the rosters a little bit to hopefully get the teams more active. I also changed some of the rules. I took out the /dnd and no obs rules, it is just too hard for me to enforce and causing problems, so please use your head when you include an obs in the game. I also went back to a bo5. I really wanted to do a bo7 so more people could play but it doesn't look realistic for every team to get 6 players to show up to play every time.

I wanted to use the first week as a kind of test week to see how things would flow and a number of things stood out to me.

1) I need better communication lines with the team representatives. If you have been communicating with me for your team I'm going to send you a PM to get skype/IM info from you.

2) Holgerius suggested this before I got a chance to make this post but arranged schedules of players from each team would make things go much more smoothly and give people a matchup to focus practicing on.

3) I mentioned earlier that I had been thinking about introducing some flex time in the schedule. ie. if your team is mostly west coast players and making game time is really difficult for you and you can get the other team to agree to play at another time on the weekend that would be fine as long as you notify me beforehand. Please give me some feedback on this.

If these changes are to go into effect properly that means that the players have to be active participants. Sorry for all the upheaval.


Could there be some sort of formal way of upping it back to a Bo7 if both teams have the players to do so? I guess any sort of leeway is exploitable in some fashion, but at the moment most people seem to be using the lets just have everyone play approach.
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
Plissken_2097
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Spain628 Posts
November 22 2011 11:50 GMT
#284
On November 22 2011 07:25 Holgerius wrote:
I was thinking, wouldn't it be a good thing to use the current PL format with no ace game? I think that goes really nicely with the concept of this league, and it allows one more dude to get into the line-up each week.


I agree with that, as I had a walkover last week I was fearing missing the chance to play, it's a crappy feeling. Thankfully my team let me play the ace match. If it's Bo5 and 8 players per team there're already 3-5 people without the chance to play. The more players play the better.
Formerly Golondrin
jambonkingcool
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada186 Posts
November 22 2011 17:31 GMT
#285
If any team has a spot for me I'd like to join.
Rank: D+
Iccup account: hollerado
Race: Random
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
November 22 2011 19:37 GMT
#286
I like the Bo5 because new players (like me) who are very very inexperienced could use the league as a practice rather than being fielded and losing every week.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
November 22 2011 19:44 GMT
#287
We will use the happy medium of Bo5 with no ace then. I have reps for all the teams but one so I'll be asking for lineups soon.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
November 22 2011 20:57 GMT
#288
On November 23 2011 04:37 TheShimmy wrote:
I like the Bo5 because new players (like me) who are very very inexperienced could use the league as a practice rather than being fielded and losing every week.


Well, the weekly game is just one out of many. Unless you don't practice at all for it, in which case... ehhh...

But I'm happy with whatever the head honcho decides, as long as the league goes on.
Rekzr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia92 Posts
November 23 2011 05:20 GMT
#289
I think its impossible to make everyone happy, CobaltBlu is making himself very available as a host and this is Cobalt's baby so I am just happy and excited to have this opportunity to be part of the SCBW community.
I am not saying that everything is perfect as there are many things that we need to fix but please I don't want to hear some of the common complaints that are getting ridiculously over abused.

Yes I have to play at 4am in the morning to play a game but I know that if we made it earlier most of the US would be a sleep or another country etc, Also Bo5 is a very smart decision especially with the constant loss of certain players week on week.

And I like what 'Theshimmy' said re bo5 it not about finding a winning player or finding the best players in fact, this is about getting D-/D/D+ players to get involved and encourage players to be part of a tournament without the discouraging pressure a Higher ranked tournament would have.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
November 23 2011 06:17 GMT
#290
On November 23 2011 14:20 Rekzr wrote:


Yes I have to play at 4am in the morning to play a game but I know that if we made it earlier most of the US would be a sleep or another country etc,

Your commitment to this is absolutely remarkable and deserves respect.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
November 23 2011 06:29 GMT
#291
On November 23 2011 15:17 don_kyuhote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2011 14:20 Rekzr wrote:


Yes I have to play at 4am in the morning to play a game but I know that if we made it earlier most of the US would be a sleep or another country etc,

Your commitment to this is absolutely remarkable and deserves respect.


What sucks is that only two other people from his team came last week.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
sGs.Ouzo
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany29 Posts
November 24 2011 18:36 GMT
#292
i personally think that bo7 with acematch is way better since more people can play and ace matches are quite awesome. teams can/need tp kinda recruit new player if the line up isnt deep enough and even if they are some wo s at first but there are still people intrested to participate in this league out there. There would be a bigger incentive to share our luv for bw and get more fresh blood in the scene. Furthermore i d like to see a changing mappool for each week even if u just change 1 or 2 maps per week and leave the "standard maps like fs and circuit breaker in the mappool. it d give the league a litte more variance and since its rather casual u could use 1 funmap per week
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 25 2011 02:54 GMT
#293
Hey I'm wondering, is this week's game the same time as last week's?

27th Nov, 01:00 KST?
POGGERS
DerpDog
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (North)62 Posts
November 25 2011 03:55 GMT
#294
People from Team 3, please get on Skype and let me know if you want to play and what maps you want to play on. Most of you I haven't seen on Skype since I invited you and R-Dizzle still hasn't responded to my PM. If you want to play in a team league, please try to be part of the team and not just show up in the iCCup channel when the games are there and ignore the whole point of this being a team based thing the rest of the time.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 03:56:55
November 25 2011 03:56 GMT
#295
I updated the op with the complete schedule for teams that submitted them. I am trying to get two rosters out of two more teams so sorry to the guys that don't know what to practice for yet.

I'll probably update maps later with the new proleague ones if kespa ever lets us download them and any change of time will happen after the December 24/31 break.
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
November 25 2011 15:52 GMT
#296
Team ggnore add me skype XXX-Pr3daTor-XXX
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 25 2011 16:08 GMT
#297
hey cobalt, is it possible for the involved players to play before the scheduled time? apparently two of our players can't make it on the day :/
POGGERS
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
November 25 2011 18:41 GMT
#298
who for ggnore did lineups ?

Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
November 25 2011 18:50 GMT
#299
Add me on skype, tehpotato, team ggnore

need practice partners :l
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
November 25 2011 19:07 GMT
#300
On November 25 2011 03:36 sGs.Ouzo wrote:
i personally think that bo7 with acematch is way better since more people can play and ace matches are quite awesome. teams can/need tp kinda recruit new player if the line up isnt deep enough and even if they are some wo s at first but there are still people intrested to participate in this league out there. There would be a bigger incentive to share our luv for bw and get more fresh blood in the scene. Furthermore i d like to see a changing mappool for each week even if u just change 1 or 2 maps per week and leave the "standard maps like fs and circuit breaker in the mappool. it d give the league a litte more variance and since its rather casual u could use 1 funmap per week


I like the Bo5, it gives players a chance to take a break especially because its a bad time for some players. I can't be fielded every week as it starts at 3am Sunday, and obviously Saturday is a day I go out and do stuff haha.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 122
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2909
Bisu 2207
Soulkey 997
EffOrt 500
Larva 414
Mini 385
Dewaltoss 192
ZerO 188
hero 94
Mind 75
[ Show more ]
sorry 64
Sharp 60
Shinee 51
Barracks 34
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1443
420jenkins394
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
fl0m4246
Fnx 661
x6flipin372
pashabiceps193
edward45
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu435
Other Games
Grubby2992
Liquid`RaSZi1638
FrodaN713
XBOCT260
Livibee180
TKL 137
C9.Mang0135
QueenE104
RotterdaM61
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2845
• TFBlade800
Other Games
• Shiphtur703
• imaqtpie525
• WagamamaTV464
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 5m
Patches Events
22h 5m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.